Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,264 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun (16359 Views)

DSS Confirms Plot By Disgruntled Elements For Interim Government / 'Bola Tinubu Wasn't Kicked Out Of APC NEC Meeting' - Media Aide / Uduaghan Attends APC NEC Meeting Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by nairavsdollars(f): 7:27am On Mar 16, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Alhaji Tunde Balogun, the Lagos state chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, speaks on why the chapter is backing embattled national chairman of the party, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, Lagos House of Assembly crisis and other issues. Excerpts:

You went to court for last week where you prayed the court that the APC NEC meeting scheduled for tomorrow must not go on except a former Oyo state Governor, Abiola Ajimobi, Waziri Bulama and Paul Chukwuma are allowed to attend. Some people claimed you were instructed to do so by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. How true is that?

The funny thing is that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is not even in the country as we speak. I am the Lagos state chairman of APC. Is going to court to challenge an illegality too hard for me? I have the political experience and wisdom to know what is right and what is wrong. Oshiomhole was elected by over 7,000 delegates at the national convention in June 2018; how can a few disgruntled elements want to remove him before the completion of his tenure? That doesn’t make sense to anybody. That was why we went to court to challenge it and it has nothing to do with Asiwaju Tinubu at all. They should allow him to complete his term of four years. Why are some people in a hurry to remove him if not for selfish reasons? That was why I went to court.

Why is the Lagos APC insisting Oshiomhole must continue in office despite all the allegations leveled against him by those plotting his removal?

The Lagos State APC has resolved to throw its weight behind the national chairman because we acknowledge and appreciate his dogged and passionate leadership which was mainly responsible for our victories in the national elections. We did not only retain the presidency but also won the majority of the seats at the National Assembly. This gave birth to the progressive leadership at the two arms of the National Assembly.

We can definitely not dismiss his monumental achievements which included breaking new grounds to the discomfort of opposition party. As much as we will not like to say too much as the matter is already in court, recent reports that the crisis was borne out of 2023 ambitions underscore the desperation on the part of some members of the political class. At a time like this, Lagos State APC wants to identify with the majority of the noble, decent and honorable men who have pleaded for peace, decorum and discipline to reign supreme in our party. The gladiators should take a cue from history that’s replete with men who tried to play God but failed at the crucial moment. We dare say that no one is bigger than the party that has provided a platform and a voice for the gladiators to be relevant.

The Lagos State House of Assembly is currently embroiled in crisis which has led to the suspension of some members. Don’t you think that is a very dangerous signal to Tinubu’s political family?

In a place where you have 40 intelligent men and women who are elected democratically, what do you expect? Of course, there will be areas of divergent views. Politics is a game of numbers and conflict. Politics is all about conflict resolution because no matter how hard you try, you can’t avoid conflict in political matters. So, there is no cause for alarm if we have such thing happening in Lagos state, which is a very complex state. If you even consider the fact that there is no opposition party in the Lagos State House of Assembly at all, it shows you that there is no crisis but democracy at work. However, we are discussing with a view to finding a resolution to it. Of course, don’t forget the fact that APC in Lagos state has a very viable mechanism for resolving such issues. This will be done in-house and I can assure you that we will resolve it amicably. We are working and very soon, we will brief the media on how far we have gone in resolving the issue.

https://www.independent.ng/few-disgruntled-elements-cant-remove-oshiomhole-from-office-balogun/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by nrexzy: 7:27am On Mar 16, 2020
Oya naa stop them......
This whole APC drama is taking a funny turn..... Truth be told Adams abused his position by biting the fingers that put him there....

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by Nwodosis(m): 7:34am On Mar 16, 2020
The unifying factor in APC is Bubu even though they won't admit their disappointment in him. Now that he's not coming back 2023, it will be fight to finish for all the internal factions.

14 Likes

Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 16, 2020
No condition is permanent though it may take alots of times to be out of it atimes, but nevertheless I dn't pray for any one here to ever see him/her self to ever be in an helpless and hopeless situation ever in your entire lifetime amen

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by Perfecttouchade: 7:34am On Mar 16, 2020
Apc taking Apc to court grin ..are these men not tired? There are lots of things to be done in the country as alot is happening in Nigeria...the mistakes that leads to problems were always very avoidable ...if only....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by Lawgod247: 7:35am On Mar 16, 2020
Apparently waited for Tinubu to take a position first. Smart dude. Anyways, for CAC Company or Business Name registration, Foundation, Schools, Church, NGO, Trademark, TIN, SCUMI, NAFDAC number etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng.

1 Like

Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by gcon21: 7:35am On Mar 16, 2020
K now, ur headache
Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by RapistOnBail: 7:36am On Mar 16, 2020

Bunch of Selfish fagggs who're just after their Huge pockets.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by Ayhomes(m): 7:36am On Mar 16, 2020
Let me use this opportunity to reach out to all nairalanders. I want to give out free 5plots of land at one of my estates in Ibeju Lekki , this estate is currently selling for 1m, yes it is mine if you doubt me google ayhomes Investment Ltd. This is my way of reaching out to all my clients from Nairaland especially those in abroad.

This is my Easter gift to 5 lucky Individuals who has bought from any of our estates.

Name of the estate am give out free plot is Lekki precious Garden Ibeju Lekki currently selling for 1m, already fenced with gatehouse.

Location is Owode Ise. Pictures of this estate are on every social media platform even videos.

Call or whatsapp me now. Check my number from my profile.

Thanks...
Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by bekongtony(m): 7:36am On Mar 16, 2020
APC and crisis grin
Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by DenreleDave(m): 7:37am On Mar 16, 2020
Good

Nairalander pls Contribute

Experts pls come in and render your advise
Any hope for bitcoin guys..
Do you think one should buy now that it's 5300 dollars or one shud still wait till it falls to 4k dollars?
Your suggestions pls bcox i wud love to invest my one month allawee.
Shud I buy now or wait till it falls?
Is the any hope that bitcoin will rise back to what it was in early February?
Pls kinmdy explain if bitcoin will rise again and is it good to be bullish now?
Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 16, 2020
Hmmm, fingers crossed on oshiomole's case
Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by chinavs9ja(m): 7:40am On Mar 16, 2020
grin APC now against each other. There is no kingdom that fights itself shall stand.

Check my signature my people
Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by Alamu1111: 7:40am On Mar 16, 2020
Na una wahala be that useless party . I hate this country dieeeee

Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by NigeriaBam: 7:41am On Mar 16, 2020
cheesy
Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by unitysheart(m): 7:42am On Mar 16, 2020
Osho baba strong o

1 Like

Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by UncleSnr(m): 7:42am On Mar 16, 2020
Please make Rotimi and co politically useless.

Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by israelmao(m): 7:43am On Mar 16, 2020
Many disgruntled elements are after Oshiomhole.
Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by money121(m): 7:45am On Mar 16, 2020
Nice one
Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by IGNigeria: 7:45am On Mar 16, 2020
Go Into Your Room And Lock Your Door Before Watching This Very Hot Video >>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJSTfpBwJtg
Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by 6digitscomrade: 7:47am On Mar 16, 2020
Ayhomes:
Let me use this opportunity to reach out to all nairalanders. I want to give out free 5plots of land at one of my estates in Ibeju Lekki , this estate is currently selling for 1m, yes it is mine if you doubt me google ayhomes Investment Ltd. This is my way of reaching out to all my clients from Nairaland especially those in abroad.

This is my Easter gift to 5 lucky Individuals who has bought from any of our estates.

Name of the estate am give out free plot is Lekki precious Garden Ibeju Lekki currently selling for 1m, already fenced with gatehouse.

Location is Owode Ise. Pictures of this estate are on every social media platform even videos.

Call or whatsapp me now. Check my number from my profile.

Thanks...
u must be an aspiring apc member if not one already.. deceptive always.. free plots to people but again there’s a clause only to those who voted u or had purchased from one of ur numerous estates.. inconclusive cons�
Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by Ogegeodey(m): 7:47am On Mar 16, 2020
Oshiomole has done a little underground work in the dressing room and is taking control of the second half. All thanks to the Jagaban who has thrown his support behind him.

7 Likes

Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by stabilizer: 7:47am On Mar 16, 2020
Go ball is the mummy at each escape and my much much a best time in India for force forever
Re: APC NEC: We Won't Allow Few Disgruntled Elements To Remove Oshiomhole - Balogun by Ayhomes(m): 7:54am On Mar 16, 2020
6digitscomrade:
u must be an aspiring apc member if not one already.. deceptive always.. free plots to people but again there’s a clause only to those who voted u or had purchased from one of ur numerous estates.. inconclusive cons�
I dont waste my data on non living things, am a business man I have a lot to do this monday morning.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Supporters Commence Preparations For 2027 Elections / What Is The Fuel Situation In Your Area / VP Debate: Okupe Reveals Areas ‘osinbajo Lied Against PDP’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.