Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,284 members, 7,853,347 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:01 PM

Buying Something Expensive For A Guy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Buying Something Expensive For A Guy (2305 Views)

I Wanna Buy My Igbo Former Housemate Something Expensive / How Much Is Not Cheap/expensive For An Engagement Ring / Things A Guy Shouldn't Do In A Lady's Presence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Something Expensive For A Guy by nurabela: 11:17pm On Dec 23, 2010
If you buy a guy that is just a friend something expensive a lot will he eventually like you or would he think you're really desperate?
Re: Buying Something Expensive For A Guy by Dsense(m): 11:20pm On Dec 23, 2010
It depends on your prospective movements
Re: Buying Something Expensive For A Guy by iice(f): 2:59pm On Dec 24, 2010
Erhhh i guess you'll have to know that friend to buy him an expensive gift.
Re: Buying Something Expensive For A Guy by 1one: 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2010
have you eventually fallen for him or are you really desperate to have him as your boyfriend?
Re: Buying Something Expensive For A Guy by Carolece(f): 1:13pm On Dec 25, 2010
Friendships and relationships should not be bought.
Re: Buying Something Expensive For A Guy by strangerf: 1:50pm On Dec 25, 2010
Carolece:

Friendships and relationships should not be bought.

In your case, I understand

However, for pretty people, someone needs to pay for their up-keep
Re: Buying Something Expensive For A Guy by snthesis(m): 4:48pm On Dec 25, 2010
^^touche
Re: Buying Something Expensive For A Guy by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2010
WHY not
if you have the dough

but be careful, it is a sticky situation,

but buy me one and i'm yours, grin grin grin
Re: Buying Something Expensive For A Guy by calddon(m): 8:09pm On Dec 25, 2010
depends on d guy sha n hw he views u.
Re: Buying Something Expensive For A Guy by 2good(m): 8:50pm On Dec 25, 2010
@ strangerf,
Your mentality of someone having to pay for the upkeep of preety girls is bad. Thats one difference between how Nigerian women and western women reason and its really bad. When you walk up to a Nigerian girl, she transfers all her father's responsibilities to you like you are her new father.
Cant you guys just learn to have some level of financial independence? You guys want to be treated as equals with men but your reasoning is still centuries behind.
Sorry if I used some harsh words but its the truth. Try and build a career
Re: Buying Something Expensive For A Guy by afokstoomuci(m): 11:57pm On Dec 25, 2010
[b][/b]buying expensive gift 4 a guy is not bad but dat guy must be ur boyfriend.u can't just buy a gift 4 someone guy on less u either hv affection 4 d guy or u want 2 hv a quarrel wit d guy's girl.
Re: Buying Something Expensive For A Guy by Farxiya(f): 12:39am On Dec 26, 2010
Of course he'll think your desperate, and if you really think buying someone things to get them to like you will work then he'll definitely be right.
Re: Buying Something Expensive For A Guy by xgel: 12:41am On Dec 26, 2010
You overall attitude to the person matters.It is how you behave towards him that will make him read meaning to your offer.
Re: Buying Something Expensive For A Guy by iice(f): 9:25am On Dec 26, 2010
afokstoomuci:

[b][/b]buying expensive gift 4 a guy is not bad but dat guy must be your boyfriend.u can't just buy a gift 4 someone guy on less u either hv affection 4 d guy or u want 2 hv a quarrel wit d guy's girl.

Must the affection be sexual? undecided
Someone you consider your brother nko? Or a distant cousin (all those twice removed ones)?
If the guy is single?
Re: Buying Something Expensive For A Guy by omolayo1(m): 10:18am On Dec 26, 2010
Your mentality of someone having to pay for the upkeep of preety girls is bad. Thats one difference between how Nigerian women and western women reason and its really bad. When you walk up to a Nigerian girl, she transfers all her father's responsibilities to you like you are her new father.
Cant you guys just learn to have some level of financial independence? You guys want to be treated as equals with men but your reasoning is still centuries behind.
Sorry if I used some harsh words but its the truth. Try and build a career

Honestly this is how it suppose to be but difficult to find one with this mentality meanwhile if the resources is there, there's nothing bad for one to cater for his or her friend needs. but Nigeria girls will never understand but few without opportunity to meet who will appreciate them. Even among the few that are doing it also do it for a comfortable guy who count what they do as normal or being desperate for hookup.
Re: Buying Something Expensive For A Guy by Xfactor2(f): 2:21pm On Dec 26, 2010
I think you should hold off on buying that gift considering your emotional state now. When you buy the gift do so because you value his friendship and it is your expression of that rather than in the hopes that he'll fall for you. If he has not managed to fall in love with you for you instead of what you can do for him than no amount of affection from him is worth it because it will be measured against your next best gift. So I recommend that if you give it to him, give without expectation. Can you give him this gift and be happy when he decides to settle for someone else, as he is just your friend? If the answer is no, no matter how difficult it is, do not do it.

Why don't you talk to him about it if you know each other well enough to buy him extraordinarily expensive stuff. As you friend, the worst he can do is let you down nicely, that way you know exactly where you stand. Take him to lunch or take him for a picnic. It's a lot less expensive and painful than a broken heart.

I was once in your spot years ago and I did just that and to this day we're still friends but I dare say he does regret his decision now. At times we under estimate how sensitive guys can be. Even though he let me down, I was happy we continued being friends and he pretended nothing ever happened. As God would have it, it was through him I met my husband of 6 years now. So never put your eggs in one basket and invest your money and emotions wisely. smiley

(1) (Reply)

What Do Girls Check Out First Upon Sighting A Guy On Swimtrunk / I Love My Wife / Who Is A Nairaland Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.