Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,680 members, 7,816,782 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected (4748 Views)

Kogi Guber: Audu Will Return The N11bn He Stole If Elected - APC Chairman / Prof. Osinbajo Pledges To God Not To Steal Public Funds If Elected / I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by rebranded(m): 1:58am On Dec 24, 2010
PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan has promised reasonable power supply in the first quarter of his administration, if elected president in 2011.

The president made the promise when he called on the Emir of Bauchi, Alhaji Rilwanu Adamu, in Bauchi, on Thursday.

Jonathan also promised that he would reinvigorate and revitalise ailing industries to create jobs for the teeming unemployed youth.

He added that his administration would evolve commercial agriculture, as part of efforts to revitalise the economy.

He said within few months as president, he restored supply of petrol, adding that it was an indication that he would do more if given the mandate in 2011.

Jonathan said the Federal Government would ensure proper placement and recognition of traditional rulers in the scheme of things in the country.

Read More: http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/15217-jonathan-promises-reasonable-power-supply-if-elected-
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by rebranded(m): 2:02am On Dec 24, 2010
Lol what happened to declaring state of Emergency in the Power sector that we heard during the campaign of Yar'ádua/Jonathan in 2007 grin

Four years after you want to sell it to us again shocked

But looking at it again "reasonable" power supply is not measurable, carry go jare GEJ! deceive Nigerians.

If in the last 8months you have been President and we are still in darkness, i'm sorry i dont believe you!
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by SkyBlue1: 2:04am On Dec 24, 2010
rebranded:

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan has promised reasonable power supply in the first quarter of his administration, if elected president in 2011.

The president made the promise when he called on the Emir of Bauchi, Alhaji Rilwanu Adamu, in Bauchi, on Thursday.

Jonathan also promised that he would reinvigorate and revitalise ailing industries to create jobs for the teeming unemployed youth.

He added that his administration would evolve commercial agriculture, as part of efforts to revitalise the economy.

He said within few months as president, he restored supply of petrol, adding that it was an indication that he would do more if given the mandate in 2011.

Jonathan said the Federal Government would ensure proper placement and recognition of traditional rulers in the scheme of things in the country.

Read More: http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/15217-jonathan-promises-reasonable-power-supply-if-elected-

How? Is he going to conjure up the infrastructure from thin air? At least he said "reasonable" and not 24/7. But honestly Nigerians have heard it all before so people campaigning need to do more than giving us the the irritating "I will give you light, I will give you road, I will give you toilet, I will give you car" nonsense. Each candidate should give a clear road map on how such "promises" are going to be reached, time scales, sources of funding for such projects, etc. Just mere empty words won't cut it anymore.
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by Osama10(m): 3:12am On Dec 24, 2010
He said reasonable and not constant.

What has he been doing since he became the C-in-C.

These people with continue to lie to the poor masses all the time just to get into office.
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by Nobody: 3:28am On Dec 24, 2010
Yes, and it will snow in Florida in 2 days.
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by Rhino5dm: 4:13am On Dec 24, 2010
. . . .and the desperation continues.
lies upon lies. Common!
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 24, 2010
GEJ please stop talking about the fuel supply achievement. As good as it is we are still importing up to 80 percent of our fuel needs, besides you've already milked all the popularity you can out of it, continuing to do so just makes you look desperate.

Its about time you showed us a new trick, or is that all you brought in the bag?
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by blacksta(m): 7:36am On Dec 24, 2010
it high time losers like GEJ and his irks are sent jail for promising the undeliverable . Any way sha generally Nigerians like yearly jingles.

They love to swallow it hook , line , sinker

o ma se oooo

Sometimes i just wish fela was to still alive.
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by philip0906(m): 7:46am On Dec 24, 2010
its not their fault.Its d fault of we d masses.since we act like fools,they have decided 2 take us like d fools they "think" we r. . .
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by Musiwa13: 7:51am On Dec 24, 2010
jonathan and all this people saying they want to be president have no idea how to solve nigeria problem instead of them stepping aside so that those of us that have a clue can try to fix it, they refuse. the presidency is not like a chief.

The presidency is about someone who has a solution and want to apply that solution. I have lived with the white man long enough to know the solution.
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by daroz(m): 10:10am On Dec 24, 2010
Musiwa,:

jonathan and all this people saying they want to be president have no idea how to solve nigeria problem instead of them stepping aside so that those of us that have a clue can try to fix it, they refuse. the presidency is not like a chief.

The presidency is about someone who has a solution and want to apply that solution. I have lived with the white man long enough to know the solution.

so, what`s holding u back?
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by Abagworo(m): 10:24am On Dec 24, 2010
For the past 11 years we've been hearing the same promises of power.
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by ShangoThor(m): 10:57am On Dec 24, 2010
Musiwa,:

Funny guy, lol, but very true
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by sunboy(m): 10:58am On Dec 24, 2010
He forgot to say: i will borrow money to finance my bribery. I will drain the foreign reserve, naira will be useless with the help of Sanusi the lair! And i will give more money to patience to put in our offshore accounts, more money to my father OBJ and other delegates of PDP who dey follow follow me.
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by Abagworo(m): 11:09am On Dec 24, 2010
Musiwa,:

Very true "musiwa""becomerich""nigeria1".Funny enough an average Nigerian sees the President as a kind of Chief.
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by akacoded: 11:14am On Dec 24, 2010
abagworo a kind of theif u mean to say?, Jonathan's Luck is not good really, 4get all this stuff about pastor Adeboye praying for him and all that,im not moved, he will do it when elected.why can't he do it NOW cos he is still the pres now, he wants another licence to embezzle for anoda four years abi?, bombo-clat!
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by denitro(m): 11:36am On Dec 24, 2010
Nigeria is hopeless
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by thweraja10: 11:42am On Dec 24, 2010
Pls Uncle Jonah Find something more interesting to tell us, cos we are used to this and a leader will only be stupid promising us electricity. Cos whats your job if not to provide basic amenities.
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 24, 2010
There was a time I too was captured by the drama and enigma of a man destined to rule by pure chance (GoodLuck) but now i see he is simply a leaf blowing in the wind of Nigeria's complex and often unnecessary political innuendos.
Jonathan Ebele Goodluck!! If you have never done anything pro-active and people-friendly before you became president, why do you think we should believe you now   lipsrsealed

It is so sad I have to refer to you as our President when all you are is a sad case of cerebral meningitis and benign political tumor who will never metastasize before being cut-off permanently.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by liaslo1(m): 11:53am On Dec 24, 2010
GEJ abeg carry comot joor with all this your Lies
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by emisun(m): 11:55am On Dec 24, 2010
First things first. U have borrowed $4b  use it to declare state of emergency in the power sector now you are still in power or do u intend to siphon it to your private account Mr president?.
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by Nsiman(m): 12:02pm On Dec 24, 2010
Electric or executive power supply? I'm confused because since the ibom IPP at ikot abasi was switched on by him it has no effect on akwa ibomites.
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by Nsiman(m): 12:02pm On Dec 24, 2010
Electric or executive power supply? I'm confused because since the ibom IPP at ikot abasi was switched on by him it has no effect on akwa ibomites.
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by 1025: 12:04pm On Dec 24, 2010
if elected president he said? what is jonathan now and what has he been since the death of yar adua? oh sorry, i forgot that he has been a pilot.
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by maro23(m): 12:12pm On Dec 24, 2010
Abagworo:

For the past 11 years we've been hearing the same promises of power.
blacksta:

it high time losers like GEJ and his irks are sent jail for promising the undeliverable . Any way sha generally Nigerians like yearly jingles.

They love to swallow it hook , line , sinker

o ma se oooo

Sometimes i just wish fela was to still alive.
Musiwa,:

The presidency is about someone who has a solution and want to apply that solution.

I agree with you all, and I want to go a step further. Trying to solve the power problem first is a step in the wrong direction. We should have industry before power. I know it sounds unreasonable but that's the only way forward. A few reasons for this are

1. To be rich, you have to spend more on assets and less on liabilities
Right now, NEPA can rightly be seen as a liability, it gulps more money than it produces as revenue. On the other hand, if we had functioning govt. funded industries (employing millions) more revenue will accrue to the country (which a fraction could be used to reduce power cost). Some people might ask at this point that don't industries need power to run? Yes they do, but it doesn't make sense to wait for power before one starts. After all, it is a fact that generating sets provide twice the amount of electricity that NEPA generates. Aso rock operates with or without NEPA. MTN, Airtel, and other major companies also operate profitably with or without NEPA

2. The cost of generating reasonable electricity is very high (beyond our present budget)

The largest solar power generating plant in the world located in Blythe California, can generate 1000MW. The cost of the plant is $6billion about N900billion. $6billion is about a quarter of 2011's budget of $28billion. The sector with the highest quota is education with slightly more than N900million! Don't forget that we need much more than 1000MW of electricity. Presently, I don't think we generate as much as 2000MW and even 6000MW can't power Nigeria effectively. To generate an extra 4000MW we'd need about N3.6trillion which is over 75% of the budget!

3. The poor economic/productive state of the country
Even if somehow we managed to fix NEPA and it's generating power effectively, I don't think the average Nigerian will be able to pay for its service. I know it sounds harsh but its the fact. We are not producers, we are largely consumers. Oil accounts for almost all the revenue we generate as a country. NEPA affects it too, but it is still thriving! A transformed NEPA does not automatically translate to richer Nigerians, it does not automatically provide jobs for millions. So how will people pay for the services of NEPA in the short run!

It is wrong to put the cart before the horse, or to buy a generating set before starting up a company! Promising reasonable power supply is as sensible as looking for white shadows.
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by Dahbutter(m): 12:26pm On Dec 24, 2010
I laff in KUTUWENJI, reasonable power supply? When many more of his PDP puppet masters and big wigs are trying to expand their GENERATOR IMPORTATION & PETROL STATION BUSINESSES in the coming year, how will they profit? I beg mek we hear word jor, anybody that believes this PDP selfish cacus' houseboy is only decieving him/herself. Reasonable power ko, reasonable supply ni. Msschwww!
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 24, 2010
heard that one before. tongue
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by puskin: 12:41pm On Dec 24, 2010
This campaign promise of "steady power supply" is now chewing gum to my ears.
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by Shoolar(m): 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2010
Y cant he start it now so dat people will vote him, i've not c light in my area for d past four day now n he sat down there saying stupidity words. Fool politicians!!!
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by Beaf: 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2010
rebranded:

We firmly believe. Moreso, with the highlighted example of what has been so quickly achieved already.
Some Nigerians prefer a ruler who would deliver unmitigated suffering so they can gather and exchange gossip, because they have never known the trauma of fighting for fuel.

Let idle minds chatter, while work goes on.
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by blacksta(m): 12:59pm On Dec 24, 2010
Beaf you are big idoooooooooooooit and this as s kis sing will consume you.

President Goodluck Jonathan has promised reasonable power supply in the [size=50pt]first quarter of his administration if elected president in 2011.[[/size]size=40pt][/size]

First Quarters ( Jan - March)

For God sake - GEJ will still be president  - and does not handover until May 2011.

This man is really bonkers  - who will deliver us from this Kleptocracy.
Re: Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected by Beaf: 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2010
blacksta:

Beaf you are big idoooooooooooooit and this as s kis sing will consume you.

President Goodluck Jonathan has promised reasonable power supply in the [size=50pt]first quarter of his administration if elected president in 2011.[[/size]size=40pt][/size]

For God sake - GEJ will still be president  - and does not handover until May 2011.

This man is really bonkers  - who will deliver us from this Kleptocracy.

Shut up, you misshappen mosquito! Have you forgotten this? Brainless turd.
I can;t understand why the police allow fools walk the streets.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West / Tinubu Thank Nigerians For The Support & Solidarity During The CCT Tribunal / PHOTO: How Gov. Fashola Wants Lagos Commercial Bus Conductor To Look Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.