Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow (37113 Views)

New Zealand: Police Seize Cocaine Enough To Supply The Country For 30 Yrs / Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus / Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by slimthugchimee(m): 7:35am On Mar 17, 2020
[quote author=todugo post=87509220][/quote]

Oga shutup even who that confirmed it and even used Nigeria as a case of study are stupid abi?

You just don't want to accept the fact that the health minister had proved your negativity wrong
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by pawesome(m): 7:40am On Mar 17, 2020
North Korea is a place to be
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by kumulus(m): 7:41am On Mar 17, 2020
Why aren't we all clamoring for the border shutdown.....is it that our social media influence cannot overwhelm this government or what. Youth of this nation sef, e get as e be for us o. One thing I know for sure is if the virus begin spread for naija, e don be for these rulers be that. People will enter no joy mood #paranoia straight. It will not be contained. Last year I had a vision where the government used the military and armed forces tyrannically on the youth, this is beginning to look ugly.

#LockdownNaija

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by DNSPro: 7:43am On Mar 17, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

actually RUSSIA is the safest place to be right now (they have very little cases in Europe). Nigeria/Africa is just a time bomb since anyone can come and go as they please.

UK that people are already dying like chicken is not Europe abi?
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Mosthandsomeboy(m): 7:49am On Mar 17, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

actually RUSSIA is the safest place to be right now (they have very little cases in Europe). Nigeria/Africa is just a time bomb since anyone can come and go as they please.

fool,be patriotic for once in ur God forsaken life
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Angrymode: 7:50am On Mar 17, 2020
I fear for everyone in this country with our careless government. A country where majority don't go for checkup when sick and the government feels they are managing the viral spread well. How can they even even say that when not up 0.01% of the population has been tested?

Look closely and you will see the death death rate for people already sick and the elderly has spiked slightly.

With this one our borders are still open, I can categorically say the virus is in every state and FCT already. Well, in GOD we commit ourselves because our government is stupid and lie about everything.

HIV test is absolutely free or next to nothing with testing centers virtually everywhere but how many of us get tested every 6 months to know our status? Yet we are relaxed about this Covid 19 as if GOD gave us inbuilt immunity against it. I pity us all!!!
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by mvem(m): 7:50am On Mar 17, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:
Something West Africa would have done.

Now even Benin Republic got corona

That's a very bad news to Afonja land.... Those guys eat and breath.. Lasgidi
Cameroon has, bad news to SE...nawaoh...everything na tribalism
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by mvem(m): 7:51am On Mar 17, 2020
Angrymode:
I fear for everyone in this country with our careless government. A country where majority don't go for checkup when sick and the government feels they are managing the viral spread well. How can they even even say that when not up 0.01% of the population has been tested?

Look closely and you will see the death death rate for people already sick and the elderly has spiked slightly.

With this one our borders are still open, I can categorically say the virus is in every state and FCT already. Well, in GOD we commit ourselves because our government is stupid and lie about everything.

HIV test is absolutely free or next to nothing with testing centers virtually everywhere but how many of us get tested every 6 months to know our status? Yet we are relaxed about this Covid 19 as if GOD gave us inbuilt immunity against it. I pity us all!!!
drop your statistics to show how death rate has spiked, don't speculate on something you can't show facts for

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by mvem(m): 7:52am On Mar 17, 2020
DNSPro:
UK that people are already dying like chicken is not Europe abi?
UK deaths is not more than 50/60...how is that dying like chicken ?
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by gnykelly(m): 7:58am On Mar 17, 2020
ovadozes:

Just pray it doesn't become pandemic in this country, forget everything you read or heard about Nigeria being able to combat infections diseases, the healthcare delivery system here is shitty, I am talking from an informed perspective.
We don't even have enough health officials to tackle this, our ambulatory services is zero, para medics zero, just pray it doesn't escalate here.
We can't even afford a national lock down, hunger go even kill us faster than the disease if we attempt it.
Hygiene here is zero, basic sanitary materials here is lacking, which hospital will you run to? Unmotivated health care staff will abandon you for their life if you show symptoms.

your response is full of pessimistic view... the Chinese gave us two months to prepare for this pandemic.

African countries from Uganda Rwanda to Nigeria they setup screening for all passengers...

they were able to identify imported cases.

only south Africa just recorded a single case of community spread...

as we speak your Almighty USA and UK don't have any form of screening at their airports to detect imported case.

in the USA for you to get tested for the virus it will cost you $3k out of pocket.

as at this morning African countries seems to be effective in combating this virus... we've won this kind of battle before
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by blowjohn(m): 8:00am On Mar 17, 2020
But those bastards at CNN were saying trump was punishing other countries by restricting travel and closing borders last week.
Even some bastards in Europe were talking trash about trump's decisions.
Let them keep it open na.
If they like they should not issue travel bans.
Very nonsense Europeans

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by blowjohn(m): 8:01am On Mar 17, 2020
mvem:

The guy is just talking like CNN.
Panic and fake news
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by kay29000(m): 8:02am On Mar 17, 2020
Kobicove:

If dem close borders una go complain, if dem no close borders una go still complain!

Exactly
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by eyinola: 8:06am On Mar 17, 2020
TheSuperb:
I heard Jamaica has not recorded any case of Corona Viruse.

Modified: Thought it was true.
I was already thinking of ordering some weed just incase
even no case was reported from Dubai
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by mvem(m): 8:06am On Mar 17, 2020
blowjohn:

The guy is just talking like CNN.
Panic and fake news
The news is one of the cause of panic. The way they report or even make it look you will think if you get the virus you will die at that moment

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Dominatrix(f): 8:09am On Mar 17, 2020
TheSuperb:
I heard Jamaica has not recorded any case of Corona Viruse.

Modified: Thought it was true.
I was already thinking of ordering some weed just incase

They have a few cases.... Already have 8 at the time when I checked.
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Dominatrix(f): 8:10am On Mar 17, 2020
Angrymode:

Nailed it!
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by DNSPro: 8:16am On Mar 17, 2020
mvem:
I hear u.
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by blowjohn(m): 8:16am On Mar 17, 2020
kponkedenge:
For Christ sake, why can't we stop international flights for now? Why are our leaders like this na.

Something that even if you recover, 20-30% of your lung capacity would be gone. Most of you don't know the severity of this thing, you're just downplaying it as if it is something taking drastic measures to limit movement.
If it wasn't serious, do you think most countries in the world would just economy to tank for no reason?
The way you guys here talk sometimes is really alarming.

Ur the one panicking. Even ur writeup has panic written all over it.
Do u know why those countries are having it tough?
Cos they r still partying and going for pleasure trips.
I watched YouTube yesterday and chalarmage the god was complaining about how people went partying throughout the weekend despite the virus in their midst.
Who told u the lung capacity declines like that after the infection?

Yes we should stop international flights for now but will our government listen?
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by blowjohn(m): 8:17am On Mar 17, 2020
Chuzoetoh:
Apart from Antarctica, there's one place DAT dis virus can never affect n dat's Chile.

Why? How?
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by blowjohn(m): 8:21am On Mar 17, 2020
Angrymode:

The virus is in many states?
Hmmm.
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by mvem(m): 8:29am On Mar 17, 2020
DNSPro:
I hear u.
ordinary google search will help you. There are official figures of deaths
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Chuzoetoh(m): 8:32am On Mar 17, 2020
blowjohn:

Why? How?
Chile is the coldest south American country, n historically, they rarely suffer natural disasters or epidemic/pandemic issues, I've been following their news n geographically where the country is sited; diseases n viral infections rarely thrive cos of their high altitude

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by kponkedenge(m): 8:34am On Mar 17, 2020
blowjohn:

Ur the one panicking. Even ur writeup has panic written all over it.
Do u know why those countries are having it tough?
Cos they r still partying and going for pleasure trips.
I watched YouTube yesterday and chalarmage the god was complaining about how people went partying throughout the weekend despite the virus in their midst.
Who told u the lung capacity declines like that after the infection?

Yes we should stop international flights for now but will our government listen?

Yeah they went partying, and do you think if there's an epidemic in Nigeria, do you really think Nigerians would listen to advice at all?
I cannot count the number of people I've had to correct about their false statements that our sun is preventing the virus from spreading. Even WHO has said there's no scientific evidence to prove that... But yet a lot of people believe it and spread it here on nairaland.
Even during the days of Ebola, they also lied on this same forum that bathing with salt and water prevents it.
I'm not panicking, I'm just being cautious about the worst case scenario for us (God forbid it ever happens to us), but we need to do all to avoid it, instead of believing lies, conspiracy theories and spreading misinformation.

https://www.sciencealert.com/even-those-who-recover-from-corona-can-be-left-gasping-for-breath-afterwards
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Cetona(f): 8:41am On Mar 17, 2020
Sterope:
Cetona, how are you coping?
I am hanging in there sad, taking it one day at a time. I have stocked my house with all essentials and my school will resume lectures online from next week. The country is on lock down now and that scares me
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Jeromejnr(m): 8:42am On Mar 17, 2020
ibkayee:
A colleague of mine was meant to travel for a ski trip this week, when I saw him strolling in today I was surprised but also not surprised at the same time

A ski trip? That's my kind of guy.
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by voltron14: 8:42am On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

Shut up there.

Do you think your country care about you.

The world are closing their borders while your country border is still open accepting foreigners from corona prone countries and you think in your head that people aren't infected already.

Those that got in close contact with the Italian, do you think, they were able to trace all.

As a wise one said

Prevention is better than cure

Only a fool won't take precautions now

If all affected countries have shut their borders, where would the Coronavirus carrier arrive from?
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 17, 2020
gnykelly:

your response is full of pessimistic view... the Chinese gave us two months to prepare for this pandemic.

African countries from Uganda Rwanda to Nigeria they setup screening for all passengers...

they were able to identify imported cases.

only south Africa just recorded a single case of community spread...

as we speak your Almighty USA and UK don't have any form of screening at their airports to detect imported case.

in the USA for you to get tested for the virus it will cost you $3k out of pocket.

as at this morning African countries seems to be effective in combating this virus... we've won this kind of battle before
"Your almighty USA and UK" I keep wondering what you mean by that.
I'm a realist not an optimist nor a pessimist, I happen to be a health care professional and I know the ability of Nigeria to combat a disease of this magnitude, I sincerely pray and hope it doesn't become pandemic here.
Forget what they tell you, Nigeria doesn't even have the test kits, if you are infected in Enugu for example, samples will be taken to Irrua in Edo State for testing, same as someone in Oshogbo whose sample will be brought to LUTH.
Do you know the ratio of doctors to patients in Nigeria?? Pray if you can, let us all hope that it doesn't get out of hand here
Also remember that temperature check and port testing may not be able to detect the virus in its asymptomatic stage, what the country needs to do just like other nations is to ban travels from countries that are affected, Nigerians coming in from these countries should be in isolation for at least two weeks, that's how you go about it.
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by voltron14: 9:06am On Mar 17, 2020
Oregbe17:

Greed for revenue is the reason why the Nigerian govt has refused to bar international flights; it's gonna consume us soon if proactive measures are not taken

Where are the international flights arriving from?
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by voltron14: 9:07am On Mar 17, 2020
ovadozes:

"Your almighty USA and UK" I keep wondering what you mean by that.
I'm a realist not an optimist nor a pessimist, I happen to be a health care professional and I know the ability of Nigeria to combat a disease of this magnitude, I sincerely pray and hope it doesn't become pandemic here.
Forget what they tell you, Nigeria doesn't even have the test kits, if you are infected in Enugu for example, samples will be taken to Irrua in Edo State for testing, same as someone in Oshogbo whose sample will be brought to LUTH.
Do you know the ratio of doctors to patients in Nigeria?? Pray if you can, let us all hope that it doesn't get out of hand here
Also remember that temperature check and port testing may not be able to detect the virus in its asymptomatic stage, what the country needs to do just like other nations is to ban travels from countries that are affected, Nigerians coming in from these countries should be in isolation for at least two weeks, that's how you go about it.

What travel ban when the countries have done the travel ban for you already?
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by DNSPro: 9:14am On Mar 17, 2020
mvem:
ordinary google search will help you. There are official figures of deaths
I hear you na. I get my reports from people based in UK. They are complaining about their governments laxity
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by juman(m): 9:19am On Mar 17, 2020
Thousands of people presently have Corona virus but they don't know. They think they have ordinary flu.

Also thousands of people already had the virus and they have recovered but never knew they got the virus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Yahya Jammeh As A Young Soldier / Jon Ossoff Thanks Nigerians In Geogia For Their Role In His Election Victory / Trump Vs. Iran: It's Not Over (Analysis)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.