Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Madam Jonathan And Her English - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Madam Jonathan And Her English (10098 Views)

Jonathan And His Government Steal 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Daily - Tinubu / President Jonathan And His Campaign Team Arrive Onitsha, Anambra State / Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madam Jonathan And Her English by omongbati4: 10:31am On Dec 24, 2010
" MY HUSBAND, DR GOODLUCK JONATHAN AND SAMBO IS A QUIET PEOPLE, " (NTA News)

Being part of a speech made in Adamawa, and a lady beside her chuckled when she said that, b4 NTA cameramen!
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by omongbati4: 10:32am On Dec 24, 2010
Why call Sambo, just Sambo. She no get respect for the VP? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by Kx: 10:36am On Dec 24, 2010
omo_ngbati:

" MY HUSBAND, DR GOODLUCK JONATHAN AND SAMBO [b]IS A QUIET PEOPLE, " (NTA News)[/b]

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by stormm: 10:39am On Dec 24, 2010
Just emagines grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

All topics on Madam JEG should be moved to Jokes section. She is too funnying ke!
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by blacksta(m): 10:50am On Dec 24, 2010
We dont need quiet people as leaders who are mere stoogies - We need a vocal and do much type.

Please register to vote out the incompetent lot.

The demise of PDP and anything associated to it is the begining of hope for Nigeria.
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by justise: 10:58am On Dec 24, 2010
omo_ngbati:

Being part of a speech made in Adamawa, and a lady beside her chuckled when she said that, b4 NTA cameramen!

Why don,t you tell the house what exactly is wrong with the statement above
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by Dahbutter(m): 11:05am On Dec 24, 2010
God bless u blacksta 4 dat post, if only my people's eyes could be opened. And as per madam GeJ, she has never come across as intelligent anyway, so the language blunder is not a biggie
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by oludashmi(f): 11:07am On Dec 24, 2010
stormm:

Just emagines  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

All topics on Madam JEG should be moved to Jokes section. She is too funnying ke!
ROFLMAO

justise:

Why don,t you tell the house what exactly is wrong with the statement above
shocked shocked
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by thweraja10: 11:07am On Dec 24, 2010

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Ok i will try to emulate them i want to be a quiet people and the whole Nigerian learn to be a quiet person ok
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by okosodo: 11:09am On Dec 24, 2010
she no dey try at all
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by KnowAll(m): 11:20am On Dec 24, 2010
i beg make na leave the poor woman alone, how many malo gov's wives can alter a word in english besides english is not our native language.
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by thweraja10: 11:25am On Dec 24, 2010

i beg make na leave the poor woman alone, how many malo gov's wives can alter a word in english besides english is not our native language.

May be you should go and listen to Fashola's wife, Gbenga Daniels wife, The Gov of Calabars wife to mention a few. The problem is that the woman schooled in Oporopopo Nursery and privary school and further her tertiary education Aporoko Comprehensive school, Ishakigba Aporoko Ibekinja.
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by md4real(m): 11:27am On Dec 24, 2010
not surprised. behind every lousy and mouth running confused man, there is always a fat ass ugly woman with a rowdy voice and half baked brain with only interest in stealing!
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by thweraja10: 11:33am On Dec 24, 2010
not surprised. behind every lousy and mouth running confused man, there is always a fat backside ugly woman with a rowdy voice and half baked brain with only interest in stealing!

You are talking to my first lady you are thereby sentenced to more life on Nairaland
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by Ibime(m): 11:37am On Dec 24, 2010
I saw the lady giving a speech in Calabar. Even edikainkong wey they're english funky were laughing at her.

Show me a mans wife and Ill tell you what kinda man he is.
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by furacao(m): 12:02pm On Dec 24, 2010
This is to show you that one can aim for Aso Rock without good grammar. Ride on Mrs First Lady. I wish you sooned recover from this blunder!!!

cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by Iysayah(m): 12:04pm On Dec 24, 2010
her english isnt good but no one will stand up to her and tell her this. what we rather do is laugh behind her and urge her on. the average Nigerian is a coward! fellas this is no big deal, her friends only want the cash they can gain, while she keeps bombing the angry whole Aso Rock
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by ada24: 12:05pm On Dec 24, 2010
this is funny and very embarrassing - did no one teach this woman basic grammar?

I think GEJ should stop allowing his wife speak in public she is actually making him look funny.

did she not learn the correct use of are and is in primary school?
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2010
With our money on her laps, she should hire an oxford prof. To learn simple english.
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by Guyman02: 12:12pm On Dec 24, 2010
GEJ married her as a house wife, and when he became president, she authomatically becomes first lady.

What matters to GEJ is the language she speaks in the bedroom when them dey do the thing and that language is universal Oh Ah! chei, ewo, mmmmmh i am comiiiing, dont stoopp!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by ada24: 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2010
Guyman02:

GEJ married her as a house wife, and when he became president, she authomatically becomes first lady.

What matters to GEJ is the language she speaks in the bedroom when them dey do the thing and that language is universal Oh Ah! chei, ewo, mmmmmh i am comiiiing, dont stoopp!!!! grin grin grin

yes but as her husband rose in his political career, she should have tried to better herself as well, one can only wonder how she is able to discuss with the wives of fellow leaders around the world.

Housewife or not, she is the first lady of Nigeria.
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by justise: 12:17pm On Dec 24, 2010
ada24:

this is funny and very embarrassing - did no one teach this woman basic grammar?

I think GEJ should stop allowing his wife speak in public she is actually making him look funny.

did she not learn the correct use of are and is in primary school?

Obviously, your English is not better than Dame's
The error in the sentence has got nothing to do with grammar

The only mistake she made is that she used 'people' where she ought to have used 'person'
And this is a mistake we all make on a daily basis
And why should she be prosecuted for a common mistake; after all, she is human like the rest of us?

Above all, remove the log in your eyes before trying to correct someone else!

The correct statement goes thus:

" MY HUSBAND, DR GOODLUCK JONATHAN, AND SAMBO, IS A QUIET PEOPLE, "
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by slap1(m): 12:21pm On Dec 24, 2010
If her English is good, would it make her a better person?
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by snowdrops(m): 12:22pm On Dec 24, 2010
I would rather have a semi literate but competent and incorruptible first lady than a thieving turai anyday anytime
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by ada24: 12:24pm On Dec 24, 2010
justise:

Obviously, your English is not better than Dame's
The error in the sentence has got nothing to do with grammar

The only mistake she made is that she used 'people' where she ought to have used 'person'
And this is a mistake we all make on a daily basis
And why should she be prosecuted for a common mistake; after all, she is human like the rest of us?

Above all, remove the log in your eyes before trying to correct someone else!

?

ok - maths was always my subject and not english and b4 we make this a lesson concerning grammar i think u will find the mistake is more than just using people or person, the whole sentence is incorrect. I doubt I have ever made any claim to be a prof of english and I am not even ashamed to say i use spell check for a lot of things (damn u microsoft word!!!)

I think the point being made here is that she is the first lady of the so call giant of africa - it is embarrassing when u consider her position on the world stage and not nairaland!!
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by omongbati4: 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2010
justise:

" MY HUSBAND, DR GOODLUCK JONATHAN, AND SAMBO, IS A QUIET PEOPLE,

Do you mean what you put in quote above is correct? Let me be clear before I fall the hammer on your head
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by SenatorBensu(f): 12:28pm On Dec 24, 2010
You guys should be careful the way you criticize Mr. President and his Wife, this is because, God has ordain them to lead us.
So NL, be guarded.
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by bodejohn(m): 12:28pm On Dec 24, 2010
No big deal in this to me.
The Queen of England once made a similar blunder although that was when she was much younger.
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by omongbati4: 12:28pm On Dec 24, 2010
She had two simple choices to convey the same message:

My husband, Dr. GEJ, as well as Sambo, is a quiet person
My Husband, Dr. GEJ and Sambo are quiet people
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 24, 2010
snowdrops:

I would rather have a semi literate but competent and incorruptible first lady than a thieving turai anyday anytime
Ode
does Turai emabarass us before the whole world ?
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by omongbati4: 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2010
SenatorBensu:

You guys should be careful the way you criticize Mr. President and his Wife, this is because, God has ordain them to lead us.
So NL, be guarded.

Hahahaha! It should be guided not  guarded.
Re: Madam Jonathan And Her English by SenatorBensu(f): 12:34pm On Dec 24, 2010
So NL, be guarded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. / Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years / modified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.