Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,678 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

South Africa Invited To Join BRIC; “BRIC” To Henceforth Be Called “BRICS” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Invited To Join BRIC; “BRIC” To Henceforth Be Called “BRICS” (923 Views)

Oyegun: Henceforth APC Will Be More Involved In Buhari's Appointments / Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors / Nigeria: The Next African Bric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Invited To Join BRIC; “BRIC” To Henceforth Be Called “BRICS” by sandra123: 9:52pm On Dec 24, 2010
South Africa has been invited by China to join the group of four of the fastest growing emerging economies in the world, Brazil, Russia, India and China,  the BRICs, Reuters reports. The country which is Africa’s top economy was invited officially today by China’s foreign minister according to a statement released by South Africa’s minister of international relations and cooperation, Maite Nkoana-Mashabane.

More: http://www.cp-africa.com/2010/12/24/breaking-south-africa-invited-join-bric-bric-henceforth-called-brics/
Re: South Africa Invited To Join BRIC; “BRIC” To Henceforth Be Called “BRICS” by Abeem(m): 5:41am On Dec 25, 2010
BRICS - Nigeria is coming! Jim O'neills who coined the accronym BRIC 9 years ago has predicted that our economy will overtake South Africa by 2023 and we are a sure bet to joining the prestige club of the BRICS along with the Phillipines, Iran etc. Read more of his analysis here: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6BC2NS20101213
Re: South Africa Invited To Join BRIC; “BRIC” To Henceforth Be Called “BRICS” by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 25, 2010
Abeem:

BRICS - Nigeria is coming! Jim O'neills who coined the accronym BRIC 9 years ago has predicted that our economy will overtake South Africa by 2023 and we are a sure bet to joining the prestige club of the BRICS along with the Phillipines, Iran etc. Read more of his analysis here: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6BC2NS20101213

Yea, I like the sound of BRI[b]N[/b]CS. . . .if it ever happens.
Re: South Africa Invited To Join BRIC; “BRIC” To Henceforth Be Called “BRICS” by rasputinn(m): 9:09am On Dec 25, 2010
^^^
kiss kiss kiss
Thanks Ileke for bailing me out of the dilema of acronyms I was battling with,couln't figure out how nice BRICS[b]N[/b] would've sounded

cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare / Inec Says Delta, Bayelsa And Imo Records Highest Cases Of Ballot Box Snatching / House Speakership: I Was Victim Of Betrayal - Adeola-akande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.