Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,331 members, 7,860,818 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:47 PM

Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? (1232 Views)

My Girlfriend Won't Cohabit To Save Expenses. Help Me. / When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? / 14-Year-Old Girl Flees Home To Cohabit With Facebook Lover In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by blessingchinny(f): 9:15am On Mar 19, 2020
Cohabitation had become a norm and trend in our society today. Students cohabit, lovers in a long term relationship cohabit. Now what is actually wrong with engaged couples living together since they are already making plans towards settling down. Do you think such act is healthy? Let's find out here .https://loveonet.com/should-engaged-couples-cohabit/

Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by Ladylite: 9:17am On Mar 19, 2020
Value drops after excessive tasting.

Stop deceiving yourselves. Marriage is meant to have honor not Hypocrisy.

If you know you can't allow your own daughter live with a stud dude when she is in school or in another location but you are currently doing it. Then you are an hypocrite

3 Likes

Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by misreal(m): 9:21am On Mar 19, 2020
Wrong wrong wrong.very wrong.
Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:33am On Mar 19, 2020
Co-habiting is most certainly wrong.

But I think in courtship, spending a few days together in a house is expedient. You’ll learn a lot about the person that way. What are their sleeping habits, does their presence irritate you? Can y’all stay in the same house comfortably in silence? Do they feel comfortable staying in an untidy house, and making no effort to put it together? How do they look and behave in their comfort zone? How do they relate with their neighbours?

After having stayed together a whole day or two, are you in a hurry to get back to your own space or you truly enjoy being together no matter how long?

But I guess where the trouble comes in is the discipline to not turn into into a fornication spree.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by Leoniine(f): 12:12pm On Mar 19, 2020
Ladylite:
Value drops after excessive tasting.

Will excessive tasting not happen in marriage?

Stop deceiving yourselves. Marriage is meant to have honor not Hypocrisy.

If you know you can't allow your own daughter live with a stud dude when she is in school or in another location but you are currently doing it. Then you are an hypocrite

How stud and futurism take enter now?
Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by Leoniine(f): 12:15pm On Mar 19, 2020
It is healthy. They'll be married in a little time. Is that cohabitation different from the one in marriage?

It's all a matter of principles and discipline and respect to me.

They are already in a relationship.
Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by Ladylite: 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2020
Leoniine:

How and futurism take enter now?

Why didn't you have sex as a baby then.... Since according to you.... "you will still have sex later na"

Am ashamed you are a lady.

You are supposed to think futuristic.

So marriage is all about sex to you?

The reason you shouldn't have sex anyhow is so that it can have a deeper meaning in marriage than horniness or love(lust) .

If horniness and love(lust) are the only reasons a person marries.... It can never be sweet in the middle or last. NEVER.... Just look at your celebs in Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by Quality20(m): 12:41pm On Mar 19, 2020
what's bad is bad, doesn't matter how it is flavoured or painted.
Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by Leoniine(f): 12:47pm On Mar 19, 2020
Ladylite:

Why didn't you have sex as a baby then.... Since according to you.... "you will still have sex later na"

Am ashamed you are a lady.

You are supposed to think futuristic.

So marriage is all about sex to you?

The reason you shouldn't have sex anyhow is so that it can have a deeper meaning in marriage than horniness or love(lust) .

If horniness and love(lust) are the only reasons a person marries.... It can never be sweet in the middle or last. NEVER.... Just look at your celebs in Nigeria...

Yen yen yen. Spare me and keep your judgments to yourself.

If excessive tasting makes one lose value, will excessive tasting not make one lose value in marriage?

Sex is not my issue. What you said was excessive sex makes one's value drop. How? Will the married couples not have sex till the end of their lives?

2 Likes

Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 19, 2020
Not advisable because of the temptation of fornication.

That is why the marriage process should not be far apart from each other. like getting engaged in Jan, fixing traditional marriage in September, and White wedding In the next 3 months. not so ideal cos this tends to encourage cohabitation when both feel its taking so long to complete the marriage process especially if peradventure they now face a financial setback which could lead to postponement and further delays.

Plan before proposing in a way that everything will be done in quick succession to avoid such.
Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by Biglittlelois(f): 1:24pm On Mar 19, 2020
No, it is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by missimelda01(f): 4:51pm On Mar 19, 2020
All I know is avoid 'see finish'.
My seniors above have said it all.
Cc primadonna0, ladylite

2 Likes

Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by zexy2030(m): 6:12pm On Mar 19, 2020
give this advice to your daughter when she grows up.
Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by Ladylite: 6:55pm On Mar 19, 2020
Leoniine:

Yen yen yen. Spare me and keep your judgment to yourself.

If excessive tasting makes one lose value, will excessive tasting not make one lose value in marriage?

Sex is not my issue. What you said was excessive sex makes one's value drop. How? Will the married couples not have sex till the end of their lives?

Farmers need hoes
Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by Leoniine(f): 6:59pm On Mar 19, 2020
Ladylite:

Farmers need hoes

...and you revealed yourself unintelligent. Incapable of contributing something meaningful.

Are married couples losing value, because of excessive sex lol?

And you're a lady, calling me a hoe. Smh
Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by Leoniine(f): 7:08pm On Mar 19, 2020
zexy2030:
give this advice to your daughter when she grows up.

Sure, I can tell that to my daughter.

She'll be an adult.

(Don't neglect the fact of the upbringing I've given her in her childhood and teenage years.)

I hate rigid fixation on what and what should not be in a relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by cooooooks(m): 11:59pm On Mar 19, 2020
Please help me to ask her.

Leoniine:

How stud and futurism take enter now?
Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by Nobody: 12:33am On Mar 20, 2020
No
Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by DZTech: 12:58am On Mar 20, 2020
Leoniine:

Sure, I can tell that to my daughter.

She'll be an adult.

(Don't neglect the fact of the upbringing I've given her in her childhood and teenage years.)

I hate rigid fixation on what and what should not be in a relationship.
d problem with cohabiting- after all d talk of sex, etc- is d false impression dt the wedding will take place.
actually, post engagement is d best time to get life lessons from family members, instead of being distracted (and deceived) by living together.
and space offers a lot for objective assessment.

I'd prefer spending time in each other's family homes on a weekly or monthly basis:
u get to c ur partner in their natural habitat, hear and observe things that they might keep from u, enjoy closeness and d other's family bonding with u.
after all, when ur still in ur respective places, u can always shag ur brains out like bunny rabbits! cheesy
Re: Should Engaged Couples Cohabit? by succri(m): 7:40am On Mar 20, 2020
Yes ,sometimes

(1) (Reply)

It's My Birthday, Say A Prayer For Me / Kenyan Friend Opinion On Nigerian Girls / Story Of My Life(i Need Advice)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.