Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,689 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted (990 Views)

US Court Documents Reveal Aisha Buhari’s Involvement In The Atiku-jefferson Scam / Atiku Indicted / Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted by Mamajama(m): 8:14pm On Jun 04, 2007
WASHINGTON (CNN) — A federal grand jury Monday is expected to indict Rep. William Jefferson, D-Louisiana, on more than a dozen charges stemming from an investigation into accusations of corruption, sources told CNN.

The indictment is expected to be handed up in an Alexandria, Virginia, courtroom later in the day, the sources said.

Jefferson has denied any wrongdoing. He has been accused of taking bribes on behalf of a telecommunications firm in Kentucky.

Federal prosecutors said $90,000 in cash was found in the congressman’s freezer during a search of his Washingon, D.C.-area home in August 2005.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19031423/
Re: Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted by Bruekeleen: 8:54pm On Jun 04, 2007
Damn! You Just beat me to the news. I just watched the indictment live on CNN and it's interesting Nigeria was was mentioned almost about seven (7) times. Just makes me wonder what Atiku is thinking right now. Perharps, he need  to reconsider his continue stay (allegedly for medical ) in the US.
Re: Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted by Mamajama(m): 9:07pm On Jun 04, 2007
ATIKU is going down his best hope is to go to Jamaica where no one will recognize him, if he is here he will be nail for conspiracy and money laundry. we don't play here in the State.

THE END OF ATIKU
grin
Re: Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted by McKren(m): 9:28pm On Jun 04, 2007
The US court indicted Jefferson because Atiku did not support OBJ's 3rd term project. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ribadu was also doing a hatchet job in collusion with FBI
Re: Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted by Mamajama(m): 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2007
Don't mind all the ATIKU supporters, they know the guy be thief like FELA SAID, you be THIEF, I no be THIEF

now dey will start waka waka waka

Where is ATIKU ?
Re: Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted by Bruekeleen: 9:48pm On Jun 04, 2007
Here is a source from Yahoo.

Re: Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted by azorjiu(m): 9:49pm On Jun 04, 2007
read the news on yahoo. mind you guys, atiku's name was not mentioned. it reads

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070604/ap_on_go_co/congressman_probe

extracts

Jefferson is accused of soliciting bribes for himself and his family, and also for bribing a Nigerian official. The scheme was complicated and Jefferson set up a front company to hide the money, prosecutors said.

mind you atiku's name is not a nigerian official wink

The impact of the case has stretched across continents and even roiled presidential politics in Nigeria. According to court records, Jefferson told associates he needed cash to pay bribes to the country's vice president, Atiku Abubakar.

Abubakar denied the allegations, which figured prominently in that country's presidential elections in April. He ran for the presidency and finished third.

The indictment does not name Abubakar. But it describes Jefferson's dealings with an unnamed "Nigerian Official A" who was a high-ranking official in Nigeria's executive branch who had a spouse in Potomac, Md. One of Abubakar's wives lived in that Washington suburb.

note that atiku was not named. only Nigerian official A was named. wink

conclusion: atiku is not corrupt. FBI must have been bribed by proponents of 3rd term. third term is still alive. nigerians, watch out.
Re: Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted by Mamajama(m): 9:53pm On Jun 04, 2007
I bet A is SH**Ting in his pants right about now. did you see how long they are trying to put Jefferson in Jail if found guilty?

I swear when he comes back all the forest would have been transform to CITY. lol
Re: Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted by Bruekeleen: 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2007
azorjiu:

read the news on yahoo. mind you guys, atiku's name was not mentioned. it reads

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070604/ap_on_go_co/congressman_probe

extracts

mind you atiku's name is not a nigerian official wink

"note that atiku was not named. only Nigerian official A was named. wink
Both Pfeffer and Jackson agreed to cooperate in the case against Jefferson.

The impact of the case has stretched across continents and even roiled presidential politics in Nigeria. According to court records, Jefferson told associates he needed cash to pay bribes to the country's vice president, Atiku Abubakar.

Abubakar denied the allegations, which figured prominently in that country's presidential elections in April. He ran for the presidency and finished third.

The indictment does not name Abubakar. But it describes Jefferson's dealings with an unnamed "Nigerian Official A" who was a high-ranking official in Nigeria's executive branch who had a spouse in Potomac, Md. One of Abubakar's wives lived in that Washington suburb. Rosenberg would not confirm that person was Abubakar. "

I gues the "A" stands for "Abuja" and not ATIKU.

conclusion: atiku is not corrupt. FBI must have been bribed by proponents of 3rd term. third term is still alive. nigerians, watch out.
Re: Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted by Bruekeleen: 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2007
Habba, Oga Azorjiu, How many person wey dey for the Nigerian top Executive wey him name start with the letter "A" if no be ATIKU.
Re: Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted by ToToChoper: 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2007
I guess Louisiana politics is a lot like Nigeria’s because this Jefferson guy I read was re-elected into office last year pending this federal case. He won an election against Karen Carter.
Re: Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted by McKren(m): 12:34am On Jun 05, 2007
Bruekeleen:

Habba, Oga Azorjiu, How many person wey dey for the Nigerian top Executive wey him name start with the letter "A" if no be ATIKU.

Did'nt you notice he is being sarcastic?

Why wont he be when Garba Shehu is still saying they have been vindicated. If its in Nigeria they will go and pay the whole media to report the news in a particular manner.
Re: Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted by Nobody: 1:21am On Jun 05, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

ATIKU is going down his best hope is to go to Jamaica where no one will recognize him, if he is here he will be nail for conspiracy and money laundry. we don't play here in the State.

THE END OF ATIKU
grin

He will be nailed for money laundry, I never imagined it was a crime to wash your money, you guys really don't play up there in the states. So which detergent do you think Atiku used for money laundry?. . .Hausa Bar Soap?
Re: Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted by feelgood(m): 9:05am On Jun 05, 2007
Atiku's leg has healed now. He will soon be in Nigeria. Should efcc go after him, then that would 'prove to the whole world that yar Adua is being manipulated by obj to still nail him because of 3rd term'
Ewu 419 angry
Re: Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted by Demolaf: 9:07am On Jun 05, 2007
Atiku's name mention and pic in the background of Naija flag was shown on CNN. No be only a naija official. This is very sad. I think it is a conspiracy though all from baba iyabo and wanting him not to pursue the election trials. Pls some one tell me, what exactly is the crime. They did contracts and settled themselves on the side as per thanks for making me so so so millions richer. Na wa o.
Re: Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted by Mariory(m): 10:35am On Jun 05, 2007
[Sarcasm]It's all about third term. All of it. OBJ is using the FBI to witch hunt his enemies. We will see the truth when the indicted senator starts releasing checks.[/Sarcasm]
Re: Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted by Mamajama(m): 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2007
what craziness are you guys talking about? DID OBJ introduced ATIKU to Jefferson? DID OBY used the undercover FBI to nail JEFFERSON, once a thief always a thief, this is conspiracy to defraud Nigeria and ATIKU should come out and explain to the whole world how he got involved in this mess.
Re: Atikus' Friend Jefferson Indicted by Mamajama(m): 10:22pm On Jun 05, 2007
Louisiana congressman William Jefferson on Tuesday requested temporary leave as a member of the House Small Business Committee, a day after he was indicted by a federal grand jury on a raft of corruption charges

In Nigeria it will be fight to finish, vindictive and selective prosecution. I hope our so called USELESS politicians are taking notes.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/05/congressman.bribery/index.html

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Becomes Ireland’s First Black Mayor / The Next Clintonomics: Old Clinton Or New Democratic Push Against Free Trade? / This Is Ridiculous: We Allowed Naira To Fall - Cbn Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.