Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,142 members, 7,838,901 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' (36132 Views)

Ukraine Vs Russia: US Extends Sanctions On Zimbabwe Because It's A Threat To Its / Coup Rumors In Zimbabwe, Tanks Head To Harare Over Mugabe's Row With Army / Mugabe Appoints Minister For “whatsapp And Facebook” In Zimbabwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by Angelfrost(m): 8:47am On Mar 20, 2020
Fence that ought to be standing by now... By that month time they finish erecting the fence, it would be useless because most viral cases would have thinned or fizzled out...

African leaders and poor or lack of foresight... Smh.

1 Like

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by XhosaNostra(f): 9:00am On Mar 20, 2020
Angelfrost:
Fence that ought to be standing by now... By the that month time they finish erecting the fence, it would be useless because most viral cases would have thinned or fizzled out...

African leaders and poor or lack of foresight... Smh.

It's like you're not getting it. Maybe you're a little slow, so let me break it down to you. This is long overdue! It should have been done a long time ago, but it took this pandemic for the government to finally spring into action. How you think erecting a fence around a country to protect its borders will ever be useless, boggles the mind. So we should have tree branches & rocks as a border fence, like you do?
Funny because that Tiwa woman was calling for your own borders to be closed & you all backed her. Now South Africa is doing the same to secure her own, suddenly it's a problem?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by Lastmankc(m): 9:14am On Mar 20, 2020
post=87596577:
Anything that will work for the growth of their economy.

@ the bolded above,
Now, that is unfair! shocked
Let peace reign in our continent guys!!

Meanwhile........
The dead meat seller is back from isolation.Corona virus nearly kill this guy.
Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by WannaHowzit(m): 9:25am On Mar 20, 2020
TMKsouth:

Don't bother, we're building a fence. grin grin grin

Tell them bro!
Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 20, 2020
jimmyolasun:

why una no like to dey read like this something wey dey first paragraph
... Na dem be the Lazy Readers wey Wole Soyinka dey talk about grin grin grin

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by Amberon11: 9:46am On Mar 20, 2020
Says someone whose moniker is "IlovePMB'
IlovePMB:
Countries that have president are doing their best to stop the spread of the virus. What we have in Nigeria is dent. The presi don comot.
Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by WannaHowzit(m): 9:47am On Mar 20, 2020
iammo:

grin its a funny joke if a black SouthAfrican brags about his society being organized lol, look punk we know you blacks over ther dwell in slums and shanties ran by drugdealer and HIV infested shithole

i'll rather discuss serious issues with the white SouthAfricans not your type who are lazy bunch who live to drink beer and rape girls

truly looking back Nigeria should had supported the Aparthied regime in keeping you lazy clowns away from power, now few years down you have turned SA to a giant ghetto

You clearly never been to SA...u should know your opponent well in order to defeat them but clearly u have an outdated view of black South Africa...go there and you'll swallow your tongue bcoz of the progress

3 Likes

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by Angelfrost(m): 9:59am On Mar 20, 2020
XhosaNostra:

It's like you're not getting it. Maybe you're a little slow, so let me break it down to you. This is long overdue! It should have been done a long time ago, but it took this pandemic for the government to finally spring into action. How you think erecting a fence around a country to protect its borders will ever be useless, boggles the mind. So we should have tree branches & rocks as a border fence, like you do?
Funny because that Tiwa woman was calling for your own borders to be closed & you all backed her. Now South Africa is doing the same to secure her own, suddenly it's a problem?

You are actually the slow one who can't comprehend simple English...

The fence can be useful in the future for border restrictive purposes, but as far as the current pandemic is concerned, it should have been standing well before now...

Next time, take off those bigoted and disrespectful shades off, and ask for clarity before spewing trash!!!

In case you don't know, I criticize my country's failings more than any other nation.

1 Like

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by XhosaNostra(f): 10:05am On Mar 20, 2020
Angelfrost:

The fence can be useful in the future for border restrictive purposes, but as far as the current pandemic is concerned, it should have been standing well before now...

Next time, take off those bigoted and disrespectful shades off, and ask for clarity before spewing trash!!!

In case you don't know, I criticize my country's failings more than any other nation.

I don't care how much you criticize your own country, you moer. But if you're going to criticize another country, be prepared to be corrected. Your country men didn't seem to have a problem when your celebrity advised your guavament to scramble into action before it's too late.

Should have, would have, they're building it now over here. Finish. Your opinions are irrelevant. Case closed.

2 Likes

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by WannaHowzit(m): 10:05am On Mar 20, 2020
Angelfrost:

You the 1 wearing shades causing shortsightedness.
Covad is gonna be with us for the next 3 - 6 months. Why do u think the Olympics in July are now in doubt?Effects to be felt for next 2 years.
Carry on with your unpreparedness in Nigeria...some countries are thinking of the future
Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by AreaFada2: 10:09am On Mar 20, 2020
sarrki:
grin
Lol.
Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by Angelfrost(m): 10:18am On Mar 20, 2020
WannaHowzit:

You the 1 wearing shades causing shortsightedness.
Covad is gonna be with us for the next 3 - 6 months. Why do u think the Olympics in July are now in doubt?Effects to be felt for next 2 years.
Carry on with your unpreparedness in Nigeria...some countries are thinking of the future

3 to 6 months??!... Okay. Maybe in your family house!!!...

China and some other nations have successfully put a lid on it... Nigeria will follow suit in weeks to come.

I never said there was anything wrong in setting up a bloody fence, I merely (and correctly) pointed out that it should have been done or started a lot earlier... Please, go bandy words with people as obtuse as you are.

...And, it is Covid, you xenophobic class act!!!

1 Like

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:20am On Mar 20, 2020
IronGalaxy:
he's clutching at straws this one. [s][/s]Nigerians are blamed for a lot of crimes in South Africa because let's be honest, they"ve earned that[s][/s].

Go take your meds!
Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by Angelfrost(m): 10:23am On Mar 20, 2020
XhosaNostra:

I don't care how much you criticize your own country, you moer. But if you're going to criticize another country, be prepared to be corrected. Your country men didn't seem to have a problem when your celebrity advised your guavament to scramble into action before it's too late.

Should have, would have, they're building it now over here. Finish.

When you are ready to properly punctuate, spell, and arrange words legibly, mention me again...

I honestly won't suffer narrow minded dimwits this early in the day. Thank you!!!
Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by XhosaNostra(f): 10:27am On Mar 20, 2020
Angelfrost:

When you are ready to properly punctuate, spell, and arrange words legibly, mention me again...

I honestly won't suffer narrow minded dimwits this early in the day. Thank you!!!

Pffft. Piss off already!

2 Likes

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by WannaHowzit(m): 10:27am On Mar 20, 2020
Angelfrost:

3 to 6 months??!... Okay. Maybe in your family house!!!...

China and some other nations have successfully put a lid on it... Nigeria will follow suit in weeks to come.

I never said there was anything wrong in setting up a bloody fence, I merely (and correctly) pointed out that it should have been done or started a lot earlier... Please, go bandy words with people as obtuse as you are.

...And, it is Covid, you xenophobic class act!!!

And when was it detected in China exactly - just last week?? It's been there for 3 months and counting. People are still recovering - only that there are no new infections in Wuhan alone.

Maybe if u weren't high on your own cocaine stock u would heed the call by the WHO to prepare. But the most disorganised society in Africa is still argue about the benefits of living in a hot climate.

1 Like

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by Akpaamunsi: 10:28am On Mar 20, 2020
post=87596577:
Anything that will work for the growth of their economy.

@ the bolded above,
Now, that is unfair! shocked
Let peace reign in our continent guys!!

Meanwhile........

Hmmn.... U r back.. No further comment. We shall see.

Akpaamunsi
Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by JaceBlaze: 10:31am On Mar 20, 2020
OgunLaakaye:
SA trying to relate it with Corona Virus.

The primary purpose is because of migrants from Zimbabwe. SA just detest foreigners
Don't you the that's a strong word you just used?

I understand that most South Africans are not overfond of foreigners (reasonably so) but we don't detest them lol.

If that's how you look at this border closure issue then I guess it's only right for us to assume that you destest Ghanaians since you closed your border on them over jollof rice trading disputes,right?

4 Likes

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by mofedamijo(m): 10:33am On Mar 20, 2020
TMKsouth:

Nigerians are crooks FULL STOP. The whole world knows it.

I don't understand your ignorance level, now read this. Nigerians are the most educated and successful migrants in the United States, statistically far educated than Americans, the fact that you have horrible Nigerians in Southie doesn't justify your statement. Nigerians are doing extremely well in Canada, U.K, Australia and the rest of the world. I personally am saddened by Nigerians behavior in Southie, and i have maintained that the South African government needs to weed out this idiots, and place aris scanner for Nigerians who have been deported, deport them and make sure they never get into Southie again....lets stop this stupid mind sets, i will never see all South Africans as xenophobic, i have being there, i will be there soon, i have southie friends and i love them for who they are, South Africans are great people anytime, anyday, of course they have bad eggs like every other nation, but i choose to love them for who they are.

Also, stop viewing all Nigerians as criminals, i have received more hugs as a Nigerian from the Western nationals, i am questioned and loved by my Western friends for our value for Education, societal status and occupying great positions around the world...........

Nigerians have conquered and penetrated major political offices of great nations around the world, don't be misguided by the silly Nigerians in South Africa......with love from a law abiding Nigerian who loves South Africans, Shalom.

1 Like

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by MrSensor(m): 10:33am On Mar 20, 2020
Humblega:
Trump family.....

funny enough Zimbabwe hasnt gotten any case and SA has gotten 150 cases already. i am wondering who even needs the wall between them at this time.

They think this is Xenophobia attack. Corona is a moster that doesnt fear your weapons.

and ds pple av plenty HIV invested citizens. Virus like immune suppressed hosts alots.

f() () l

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by DictatorZAR1: 10:34am On Mar 20, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

However if u agree that HIV and illiteracy is an homegrown problem in SA,then u are one of the reasonable few out there!!

The irony is that Nigeria has a far lower literacy rate then SA and has a far larger disease burden compared to SA and I'm not even touching on Nigeria's infant mortality rate.

3 Likes

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by Angelfrost(m): 10:35am On Mar 20, 2020
WannaHowzit:

And when was it detected in China exactly - just last week?? It's been there for 3 months and counting. People are still recovering - only that there are no new infections in Wuhan alone.

Maybe if u weren't high on your own cocaine stock u would heed the call by the WHO to prepare. But the most disorganised society in Africa is still argue about the benefits of living in a hot climate.

Barely coherent submission... You are neither here nor there sir.

Please, go build your fence!!!
Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by XhosaNostra(f): 10:37am On Mar 20, 2020
JaceBlaze:
Don't you the that's a strong word you just used?

I understand that most South Africans are not overfond of foreigners (reasonably so) but we don't detest them lol.

If that's how you look at this border closure issue then I guess it's only right for us to assume that you destest Ghanaians since you closed your border on them over jollof rice trading disputes,right?

We supposedly detest foreigners or in this Zimbabweans & yet we clothe/feed them. It's not the same Zimbabweans that go from house to house asking for old clothes, which we give to them free of charge & they take back to Zimbabwe, to sell? They have been doing this since the 90s. I've given them bags of clothing myself over the years. They're in desperate need of baby clothes, in particular, because they keep breeding like cockroaches. Nobody will ever accuse South Africans of not extending a helping hand when we can.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by WannaHowzit(m): 10:40am On Mar 20, 2020
mofedamijo:

I don't understand you ignorance level, now read this. Nigerians are the most educated and successful migrants in the United States, statistically far educated than Americans, the fact that you have horrible Nigerians in Southie doesn't justify your statement, also Nigerians are doing extremely well in Canada, U.K, Australia and the rest of the world. I personally am saddened by Nigerians behavior in Southie, and i have maintained that the South African government needs to weed out this idiots, and place aris scanner for Nigerians who have been deported, deport them and make sure they never get into Southie again....lets stop this stupid mind sets, i will never see all South Africans as xenophobic, o have being there, will be there soon, have southie friends, also stop viewing all Nigerians as criminals, i have received more hugs as a Nigerian from the West, i am questioned and loved by my Western friends for our value for Education, societal status and occupying great positions around the world...........Nigerians have conquered and penetrated major political offices of great nations around the world, don't be misguided by the silly Nigerians in South Africa......with love from a law abiding Nigerian who loves South Africans, Shalom.

Yeah keep telling yourself that. We'll believe it once you've fixed your own backyard.

Thanks for the politeness at the least.

2 Likes

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by Angelfrost(m): 10:42am On Mar 20, 2020
mofedamijo:

I don't understand you ignorance level, now read this. Nigerians are the most educated and successful migrants in the United States, statistically far educated than Americans, the fact that you have horrible Nigerians in Southie doesn't justify your statement, also Nigerians are doing extremely well in Canada, U.K, Australia and the rest of the world. I personally am saddened by Nigerians behavior in Southie, and i have maintained that the South African government needs to weed out this idiots, and place aris scanner for Nigerians who have been deported, deport them and make sure they never get into Southie again....lets stop this stupid mind sets, i will never see all South Africans as xenophobic, o have being there, will be there soon, have southie friends, also stop viewing all Nigerians as criminals, i have received more hugs as a Nigerian from the West, i am questioned and loved by my Western friends for our value for Education, societal status and occupying great positions around the world...........Nigerians have conquered and penetrated major political offices of great nations around the world, don't be misguided by the silly Nigerians in South Africa......with love from a law abiding Nigerian who loves South Africans, Shalom.

Please, save your words... I have always know that xenophobic negroes can't be that intellectually privileged.
Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by wetmenow: 10:42am On Mar 20, 2020
when will Buhari build fence to block Niger and Chad.
Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by IronGalaxy: 10:42am On Mar 20, 2020
Abagworo:
That wall will eventually be a blessing as South Africa is the HIV capital of the world.
the way you Nigerians still stigmatise HIV or its sufferers shows how still behind you guys still are to be honest.

3 Likes

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by JaceBlaze: 10:45am On Mar 20, 2020
onadana:

Zimbabwe should be building the wall.So far there is no incident of the virus in Zimbabwe.
Zimbabwe won't build a wall.They would be doing themselves a great disservice with that since they are the ones dying to come to South Africa.Zim people will still rush to SA even if it was announced that an atomic bomb will explode in SA and wipe out the South African population.That's how much other Africans love us even with all our imperfections LOL.

3 Likes

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:47am On Mar 20, 2020
TMKsouth:

[s][/s]They know it too that they mess up big time in other people's land. Their Hausa & Yoruba always warn us against the Igbo in particular as the drug dealers and scammers. They know it themselves[s][/s].

S.A Teacher > tell me two GOOD reason why South Africans love South Africa?

Naija Student > hiv - aids & xenophobia!

S.A Teacher > i said something GOOD!

Naija Student > no idea sir!

S.A Teacher > oya take it! , heediot.

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by WannaHowzit(m): 10:48am On Mar 20, 2020
Angelfrost:

Please, save your words... I have always know that xenophobic negroes can't be that intellectually privileged.

Zoological country comprised of "intellectually privileged" humans cry cry cry. What a joke. Keep fooling yourself with your misplaced hoity toity attitude on social media.

2 Likes

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by DictatorZAR1: 10:48am On Mar 20, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

The last I checked,SA is way ahead of Nigeria in all these indices- there are more illegal arms in Soweto alone than the entire west africa!!

Where did you check or get your info from, because if that was the truth we would be suffering from the same insurgency and ISWAP issues like you guys in West Africa. But last time i checked SADC is the most stable region in SSA.

2 Likes

Re: SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' by Angelfrost(m): 10:52am On Mar 20, 2020
WannaHowzit:

Zoological country comprised of "intellectually privileged" humans cry cry cry. What a joke. Keep fooling yourself with your misplaced hoity toity attitude on social media.

Thank you...

Well, I referred to and emphasized on "xenophobic Negroes"!!!... For you to take this terribly personal, it means you are one.

There are lots of moronic animals among my countrymen, so you haven't touched on or mentioned anything new with that weak attempt at a come back. grin

Seriously now, go get busy... Employment just opened up. There is a fence to build!!! tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Shooting At July 4 Parade In Highland Park, US. 6 Dead, Suspect Not In Custody / Animal Rights Activists In UK Turn Trafalgar Square's Fountains Blood Red (Pics) / Texans Can Now Openly Carry Guns In Public Without A Permit Or Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.