Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos (74887 Views)

Experts Want More Nigerians Tested For COVID-19 / Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience / An American’s Experience Of Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Suspect33(m): 12:47pm On Mar 23, 2020
maasoap:

If all the doctors in the public hospitals adopt this kind stance and approach, then it is over for the citizens. The virus will simply spread like harmattan fire , even she herself won't be safe anymore whether she attends to patients or not.
Then, what exactly was she doing at the hospital since she made up her mind not to attend to any patient?
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by anonimi: 12:47pm On Mar 23, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Oh really? And you smart brain, what have you done? Who knows you outside ur family house?
Every pea-brained a-hole with a phone wants to feel intelligent these days.
And for the records, it's your ass that's sorry. Pathetic creep grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2281909_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

1 Like

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by CanadaOrBust: 12:48pm On Mar 23, 2020
Don’t blame the hospital staff. They KNOW Nigeria is in no way prepared to handle big number of people needing ventilators, so if they become critically ill from corona they will very likely die.
I’ve been saying this but certain people kept saying we are very ready.
The solution? Just do all u can not to get sick!
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Jamesrock(m): 12:48pm On Mar 23, 2020
EzzyCarter:

Not surprising. Every sector is screwed. That's why Nigeria is a third world country afterall.
The angel that directed me to Nigeria when I was coming to earth has a lot of explaining to do when we finally meet undecided

If this thing becomes full blown, we can’t survive it

1 Like

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 12:49pm On Mar 23, 2020
uptimum123:
The doctor actually told you the truth,that's the procedure,you cant just come in and say you want to get tested without not being in contact with any confirmed patient,not showing any sign of symptoms or coming from countries that are affected,it's a procedure that must be followed otherwise everyone in Lagos will come in to say they want the same,you should blame the doctor at luth.

Very true.... If everyone of us decides or insists on getting tested at any single whim, the limited test kits will run out within seconds... What then happens when it's time to differentially diagnose those with similar symptoms??!...

Even America and most parts of Europe are facing the same problem of limited equipment and healthcare staff!!! Ours is clearly worse.

Self isolation remains the sole and most prudent route to go.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by okomile(f): 12:49pm On Mar 23, 2020
Heard a patient was referred from federal medical centre ebute metta to IDH yesterday on suspicious of having the virus.

He was attended to in the car and am sure, no track if he is positive.

We are sitting on time bomb!
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by TypicallyBrunt(m): 12:50pm On Mar 23, 2020
So a consultant searched the the deepest part of the bag for a way to tell OP to go home & stay home but Baba thought he could go round it.
Forget Nigeria, the consultant's request can't be fulfilled anyway in the world right now & that's exactly why he chose such condition grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Shattuck(m): 12:51pm On Mar 23, 2020
this is the nation we have always known to be hopeless,I don't expect anything different from the govt you can't give what you don't have,the only reason why the convid issue is even a hot topic in Nigeria is mainly because it is a global hot topic if this virus was just a Nigerian thing, I assure you nobody in govt would even take it serious, even now you can't say the govt is even serious about the whole issue,we have nothing in this country not health,education, etc,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by LabDNA: 12:52pm On Mar 23, 2020
When the dullard should have strenghtened the health care system, he was busy gallivanting to UK for treatment.

He is now trapped right here with us. God don catch am, him daughter go soon give am 'Covik 1-9'.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by jaxxy(m): 12:53pm On Mar 23, 2020
Truth is no country has enough test kits not Nigeria not even America so everybody can’t be tested just like that, u need to have a valid reason to be tested.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Scrupulous419(m): 12:53pm On Mar 23, 2020
And you be citizen...fueh tongue
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:54pm On Mar 23, 2020
You have not said any indication here to be tested for covid. You dont just go around demanding tests it doesn't work like that.

Have you had sustained prolonged contact with a covid 19 patient?, do you have worsening fever cough and shortness of breath?, have if you been to any of the endemic areas in the past 2 weeks?, and if you tick these boxes have you called the helpline to triage if you warrant a test or not.

Even those working in the hospital and in the heat of corona virus are not routinely tested. Even those that do come up with suspected symptoms that are mild are asked to go home and self isolate for 7-14 days while their progress is monitored. Please stop putting your life and those of others at risk, and leave the limited resources and test kit be use for those who really need it.

Even in advanced countries they dont go testing everyone. If you have symptoms call the help line and be triage. They might ask you to stay at home and self isolate for 14days, but will keep watch on you. Going to the hospital put I'll prepared health workers at risk, as well as vulnerable people. Even yourself also if you dont have it.

Leave the test for those who have worsening fever, cough and shortness of breath. Those ones would not be jumping from one bike to another and will have no strength to come online to complain.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by triplechoice(m): 12:57pm On Mar 23, 2020
Righteousness89:
When I heard the PM of U.K. Saying if you have Symptoms Isolate yourself in your Home

If you Parents have the Symptoms Isolate yourself in your Home

I knew that There is Worldwide Confusion..

Even the Doctors Worldwide are now saying Stay at Home!

Anyone Banking on anything Other than GOD ALMIGHTY is Joking.. Those who Trust in GOD Genuinely and Absolutely will sail true Stresslessly... The KING of Kings is Making us Understand that HE is the one that Runs this Earth. We need to Bow to HIM and Walk by HIS Rules...

Personal Hygiene, Washing your Hands and all that are Common Sense. It's what you do naturally.

The World is Confused!
Government are Confused!!
Medical personnel are Confused!!

Everyone is Just trying to Encourage themselves! In the Real sense , No one knows what to do!

You're the confused one who does not know or understand what the world is doing to contain the virus

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by yusufu16: 12:58pm On Mar 23, 2020
Nationwide lockdown is the only solution for African countries. POLICE should be used to force people out of the streets.

In China, the Police use force to ensure strick compliance of self isolation

1 Like

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Omoosage: 12:58pm On Mar 23, 2020
Learn to read well...if you had read the write up well then you wouldn't have written this.

Please always read before you comment.

Thanks
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by rotile247(m): 12:58pm On Mar 23, 2020
joshjc:
Why did you go for the test,are you coming from any of the high risk country or you had contact with any of the infected patients?
Covid 19 is not malaria that you will walk in into any hospital to perform a test

Read the op's post. Doctors at Luth are requesting him to get 2 covid-19 negative clearance before they can attend to a patient for Ear, Nose and Tongue (E.N.T) treatment hence the reason he went to Yaba for covid-19 test. It's so sad!

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Kokoebapluse(m): 12:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
Don't get happy or feel OK if you pay a huge money for a work but you didn't see good result. Here is good news At LEM where we deal with anything contain painting, we re into house painting, frame ( your portrait), T-shirt design, branding, and printing & publishing. For more information call us on :08172010068 for more information.
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Righteousness89(m): 12:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
triplechoice:

You're the confused one who does not know or understand what the world is doing to contain the virus
Ok sir! I know you know! Keep it up Sir
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Lexusgs430: 12:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ekejoestar:
Today being 23 march 2020, I went to LUTH due to the appointment I have with the E.N.T doctor. When the time came for the Dr to see us the patients, she addressed us and asked everyone to go home due to the corona virus epidemic and how unprepared the hospital was to protect staff working there.

She reveald that LAGOS UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL does not have enough air ventiletor, that LUTH only has about 15 ventilators and the nature of ENT clinic demands close contact with patients for thorough examination and she won't risk her life even if she has ventilators.

She told us to either wait until the epidemic is over or go to NCDC and get tested for the virus assuring us that if an individual can get two negative result within 48hrs and bring the result for confirmation, then she will attend to the person.

I immediately took bike from LUTH gate to CDC office yaba, got there and explained everything to them, they directed me to MAINLAND HOSPITAL (IDH) around Yabatech.

All this jumping around, assuming you're positive..... You could be spreading COVID19.......

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by sylve11: 12:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
Hmmm cool
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Larryndelaw: 12:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
CheedyJ:
Expired country.. Pueeh..
Stop saying nonsense. Test is not provided everywhere even in America. Every little thing you people will condemn the govt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Ekejoestar(m): 1:00pm On Mar 23, 2020
Godslink:
You took bike from LUTH that is Ikeja to CDC Yaba...please which route did the bikeman apply?
Sir, LUTH IS NOT IN IKEJA, what we have at ikeja is LASUTH

1 Like

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Omoosage: 1:00pm On Mar 23, 2020
joshjc:
Why did you go for the test,are you coming from any of the high risk country or you had contact with any of the infected patients?
Covid 19 is not malaria that you will walk in into any hospital to perform a test

Always read articles and be sure you understand the nessage been passed before you comment.

Please read and comprehend to save yourself been irrelevant.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by thaoriginator: 1:01pm On Mar 23, 2020
Since my body touch one guy body for inside bus my body just dey crotch me..
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:03pm On Mar 23, 2020
rotile247:

Read the op's post. Doctors at Luth are requesting him to get 2 covid-19 negative clearance before they can attend to a patient for Ear, Nose and Tongue (E.N.T) treatment hence the reason he went to Yaba for covid-19 test. It's so sad!

All none emergency appointments are being cancelled even in the most advanced countries. General practices the world over are turning to telephone appointment, non-emergency surgeries in the UK are all cancelled. The Doctor only said that to turn him away because obviously he wouldn't get 2 covid negative test 48hrs apart. Things dont work that way and an ENT routine appointment is not an indication to be tested for Covid

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by 01mcfadden(m): 1:03pm On Mar 23, 2020
joshjc:
Nigerians don't read anymore.

Sighs
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by surgical: 1:03pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ogilinsaka:
What do you expect? When other countries have COVID-19, What we have is KOVIK ONE NINE
yes they are two different things
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by BryanWyatt: 1:04pm On Mar 23, 2020
yusufu16:
Nationwide lockdown is the only solution for African countries. POLICE should be used to force people out of the streets.

In China, the Police use force to ensure strick compliance of self isolation

U r inviting HUNGER. Hunger kills faster than Corona
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 23, 2020
W.H.O predicts about 45million deaths in Nigeria if we handle this corona virus case like Italy, just the way we are are doing at the moment, this is from a reliable source, you'll never find it anywhere online, and note that the Government is not telling the truth about the virus to avoid panic, please the virus is real

1 Like

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2020
Lol, where are all those that are quick to shout, "Go to the hospital" when someone comes to the forum to ask for natural cure for an ailment? Go to the hospital now and get your rejection.

You all should better take steps to boost your immune system. And remember, panicking is a form of stress that will make your immune go down the hill.
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Fawazzz: 1:08pm On Mar 23, 2020
They are not enough testing kits worldwide, So it is only reasonable to save such kits for people that are high risk, such as contact with a person confirmed or travel to an endemic region.

All non emergency clinic and surgeries be should be postponed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Poisoned, Dies On His Birthday (Disturbing Photos, Video) / Wormlike Movement Round My Body / How To Take Care Of Your Vagina To Avoid Smell,infection or Abnormal Discharge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.