Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Gov. Wike Should Be Called To Order, He Is Destroying The Economy Of The State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Wike Should Be Called To Order, He Is Destroying The Economy Of The State (1473 Views)

Edwin Clark To Tinubu: Call Wike To Order — He’s Not Ready For Peace In Rivers / Monguno: Ahmed Rufai's appointment In Order, He Never Failed Any Promotion Exam / Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Wike Should Be Called To Order, He Is Destroying The Economy Of The State by TheTrueSeeker2: 1:20pm On Mar 24, 2020
The Nigerian Government should learn to fix Social amenities (Hospitals) and not the Social livelihood of its Citizens as Gov. Wike is erroneously doing at the moment.

The problem we are currently dealing with has alot to do with the social living of the people i agree but the lack of adequate medical facilities to handle pandemic situations like this in a country like Nigeria is more a major pandemic in my opinion.

Governor Wike's latest call for a complete halt of the living and social conditions of the citizens of Rivers State is not only against their fundamental rights to free living as enshrined in the constitution but also against the very law of nature itself.

Economic activities are gradually grinding to a complete halt in Rivers and the Governor rather than setup emergency health facilities across the three senatorial areas of the state, he is busying himself with halting, hurting and hunting the peace-loving people of the state to further economic hardship.
Re: Gov. Wike Should Be Called To Order, He Is Destroying The Economy Of The State by TheTrueSeeker2: 1:26pm On Mar 24, 2020
Up to this moment, I am still expecting to hear areas the State Government has ear-marked as Isolation Center or test centers or emergency numbers that citizens can call toll free in the state in the event a situation is suspected anywhere

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Wike Should Be Called To Order, He Is Destroying The Economy Of The State by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 24, 2020
Dimwits.

UnaToto

1 Like

Re: Gov. Wike Should Be Called To Order, He Is Destroying The Economy Of The State by mine85(m): 1:33pm On Mar 24, 2020
My friend, stay Indoors and live. Which economy? Total lock down is the way. Two weeks only then, to be reviewed

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Wike Should Be Called To Order, He Is Destroying The Economy Of The State by uboma(m): 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2020
mine85:
My friend, stay Indoors and live. Which economy? Total lock down is the way. Two weeks only then, to be reviewed

Exactly! I wonder why he is complaining when it is in the interest of all residing in Rivers state and environs.

The government should look at providing some handouts to persons whose means of livelihood is from the streets (informal)
Re: Gov. Wike Should Be Called To Order, He Is Destroying The Economy Of The State by TheTrueSeeker2: 6:14pm On Mar 25, 2020
mine85:

uboma:

Exactly! I wonder why he is complaining when it is in the interest of all residing in Rivers state and environs.

The government should look at providing some handouts to persons whose means of livelihood is from the streets (informal)

Many of you are kids who still live with your parents...!!!!

You won't understand what's going on, don't bother...!!!
Re: Gov. Wike Should Be Called To Order, He Is Destroying The Economy Of The State by uboma(m): 6:21pm On Mar 25, 2020
TheTrueSeeker2:

You are the kid here who has failed to look at the bigger picture.

When the covid-19 pandemic broke out in China, were there anyone left on the streets to carry on their daily business and social activities?

Would you prefer that you are allowed to be exposed to infected persons while carrying on with your income generating activities? Health is wealth, says the wise one.

That notwithstanding, the government should provide some form of handouts (food and non food items) for the artisans and informal sector.

Now you see why you are the kid here.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Wike Should Be Called To Order, He Is Destroying The Economy Of The State by ikennaoma(m): 6:27pm On Mar 25, 2020
TheTrueSeeker2:

Big brother with big picture...cuz most of us re faceless means we live with our parents...aboy we like am like that..if u aren't happy abeg enter bus for oil mill junction to Aba before 6pm tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Wike Should Be Called To Order, He Is Destroying The Economy Of The State by lastempero: 6:28pm On Mar 25, 2020
Some people dont even understand the impact of covid 19. So you feel u are smarter than the whole europe that is on lockdown.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Wike Should Be Called To Order, He Is Destroying The Economy Of The State by TheTrueSeeker2: 6:33pm On Mar 25, 2020
uboma:

You are the kid here who has failed to look at the bigger picture.

When the covid-19 pandemic broke out in China, were there anyone left on the streets to carry on their daily business and social activities?

Would you prefer that you are allowed to be exposed to infected persons while carrying on with your income generating activities? Health is wealth, says the wise one.

That notwithstanding, the government should provide some form of handouts (food and non food items) for the artisans and informal sector.

Now you see why you are the kid here.

I advised you not to bother, why are you still reacting?
Test the economy of China before the pandemic and that of Nigeria first...!!!
Check what palliative measures taken by the Chinese govt including most other countries and that of their Nigerian counterpart

People may be forced to go out in search of food and medication as the self-isolation and lock down will fail if govt fails to provide palliative in the next two weeks.
Re: Gov. Wike Should Be Called To Order, He Is Destroying The Economy Of The State by ohameakpu: 6:37pm On Mar 25, 2020
mine85:

To be frank I think two weeks is not even enough but wish the Government wld provide stimulus packages to support this.
Re: Gov. Wike Should Be Called To Order, He Is Destroying The Economy Of The State by helinues: 6:38pm On Mar 25, 2020

Wike can never do wrong

That's according to IPOB
Re: Gov. Wike Should Be Called To Order, He Is Destroying The Economy Of The State by uboma(m): 6:45pm On Mar 25, 2020
TheTrueSeeker2:

I advised you not to bother, why are you still reacting?
Test the economy of China before the pandemic and that of Nigeria first...!!!
Check what palliative measures taken by the Chinese govt including most other countries and that of their Nigerian counterpart

People may be forced to go out in search of food and medication as the self-isolation and lock down will fail if govt fails to provide palliative in the next two weeks.

Is it the hunger that is affecting your comprehension skills?

Prevention is better than cure.....

Again, I never said that the government should do nothing about the welfare of the artisans and informal sector.
Re: Gov. Wike Should Be Called To Order, He Is Destroying The Economy Of The State by gare(f): 6:45pm On Mar 25, 2020
TheTrueSeeker2:

Tell us what is going on India with 1.3billion people is on lock down what do you know, please stay in your house it is people like you that will still complain if he didn't lock down the state, and it's only the living that will enjoy any economy not sick or dead people

(1) (Reply)

PTF Approves 3 Local Cure For COVID-19 / Guess The Name Of Their Country / Herdsmen Riot In The South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.