Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,423 members, 7,826,644 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

When Will Nuhu Ribadu Shed More Light On This Claim By S R ? ? ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Nuhu Ribadu Shed More Light On This Claim By S R ? ? ? (1014 Views)

CCT Vs SARAKI: Numbers Of Senators Reduced S.R / Fear Of Stone-throwers Forces Kwara Governor To Cancel Independence Day - S.R / Police Detail How Bukola Saraki Used Credit Card To Launder Stolen Funds - S.R (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Nuhu Ribadu Shed More Light On This Claim By S R ? ? ? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 27, 2010
[size=18pt]Goodluck Jonathan, Bola Tinubu, Bafarawa, Gbenga Daniel Made False Declaration of Assets As Of 2006[/size]

Posted: December 21, 2010 - 18:30
Posted by siteadmin

Citizen Reports
President Goodluck Jonathan is pitching his candidacy on a “breath of fresh air” but revelations from a 2006 Joint Task Force on fighting corruption has shown that the man whose bid for the 2011 presidency has polarized his party has a filthy past.

Also, former State Governors were found to have breached the code of conduct for public officials and were recommended for prosecution in line with the Code of Conduct Bureau Act.

The Joint Task Force empanelled by former President Olusegun Obasanjo on fighting corruption comprised the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), The Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB), The Department of State Services (DSS), and the Nigerian Police. Former Chairman of the EFCC and presidential aspirant under the platform of the Alliance Congress of Nigeria (ACN) Nuhu Ribadu, was theChairman of the Task Force.

The part of the report (EXCERPT Number 11) concerning President Jonathan (who was then Governor of Bayelsa State) listed the following as grounds for his prosecution:

Substance of Charges (1) False Declaration of Assets

(i) Lexus Jeep worth N18 million claimed to have been acquired through savings in 2004. Verification reveals that the Jeep was a gift collected in contravention of the CCB Act of 1990. Same for BMW 7351 Series bought in 2005 worth N5.5 million;

(ii) Acquisition of properties outside legitimate income; Seven Bedroom Duplex acquired in 2001 worth N18 million at Otuke Ogbia LGA, Four Bedroom Duplex acquired in 2003 worth N15 million at Goodluck Jonathan Street, Yenegoa;
Five Bedroom Duplex - acquired in 2003 worth N25 million at Citec Villas, Gwarimpa II – Abuja.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/goodluck-jonathan-bola-tinubu-bafarawa-gbenga-daniel-made-false-declaration-assets-2006
Re: When Will Nuhu Ribadu Shed More Light On This Claim By S R ? ? ? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 27, 2010
Nuhu Ribadu was mentioned as the head of the Task Force that carried out this investigation and produced the report that indicted President Jonathan for lying in his Asset declaration form.

Ribadu owes this country a duty to either confirm or denounce this serious claim by Sahara Reporters.

otherwise he can kiss his claim to being a dogged anti-corruption fighter goodbye.
Re: When Will Nuhu Ribadu Shed More Light On This Claim By S R ? ? ? by Faeb: 8:28pm On Dec 27, 2010
Funny. They can only point at a jeep and a couple of modest houses.
Unu no go kill pesin wit laf for NL o!

I laf in Atiku 40 billion US Senate!!!!!
Re: When Will Nuhu Ribadu Shed More Light On This Claim By S R ? ? ? by Becomrich12: 8:29pm On Dec 27, 2010
Nuhu Ribadu intend to send chief Tinubu to Jail.  Obasanjo too most likely NUhu ribadu would send to jail.

If Nuhu Ribadu become president he would lock obasanjo in prison. Tinubu would end up in jail too.

Re: When Will Nuhu Ribadu Shed More Light On This Claim By S R ? ? ? by Becomrich12: 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2010
here is my prediction of Chief bode george.  i toldd about bode george

here is where Nuhu ribadu is going to send Obasanjo, he has no forgiveness spirit.

Re: When Will Nuhu Ribadu Shed More Light On This Claim By S R ? ? ? by Faeb: 8:32pm On Dec 27, 2010
Becomrich?:

Nuhu Ribadu intend to send chief Tinubu to Jail. Obasanjo too most likely NUhu ribadu would send to jail.

If Nuhu Ribadu become president he would lock obasanjo in prison. Tinubu would end up in jail too.

Why did you spoil Tinubu's picture like that. Everybody knows he is not in jail. angry
Re: When Will Nuhu Ribadu Shed More Light On This Claim By S R ? ? ? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2010
Faeb:

Funny. They can only point at a jeep and a couple of modest houses.
Unu no go kill pesin wit laf for NL o!

I laf in Atiku 40 billion US Senate!!!!!

modest or not. Why did the President who doubles as God's representative in Nigeria lie about the existence of these houses in his asset declaration form?

If proven to be true this is a clear criminal offence purnishable by imprisonment.

This is why Ribadu must clarify what he knows on this matter. If it is all lies, the President deserves the right to have his name cleared and if it is true; then the Nigerian people need to know.
Re: When Will Nuhu Ribadu Shed More Light On This Claim By S R ? ? ? by monkeyleg: 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2010
Well, Nuhu must speak up now, but also I have oeften asked how much a university profs salary is that he declared 300million naira worth of assets. Nigerians ask the right question oh
Re: When Will Nuhu Ribadu Shed More Light On This Claim By S R ? ? ? by Becomrich12: 8:58pm On Dec 27, 2010
Even IBB would end up in Jail.

I think I should be president, because Nigeria problem is not about corrpution. That not what Nigeria problem is about. I use to think so too. Until I lived abroad and I discovered the truth. That all this people became corrupt because we did not have a system. If i was the president i can bring that system to make people life better and they do not need corruption for them to live good.

Many years of living abroad have given me that experience to bring a system inplace to make thier life better. Noone who has lived in Nigeria all his life can bring that change. Nuhu ribadu 1 years experience abroad can not make that change.

And he would end up locking every bodyup. That not where your problem is.

Re: When Will Nuhu Ribadu Shed More Light On This Claim By S R ? ? ? by marcdunu: 11:19pm On Dec 27, 2010
Ribadu will not say the truth anymore, he is now a politician.

I doubt he will confirm what he knows.

(1) (Reply)

Who Killed Gubio? If Sheriff Said Boko Haram Didn’t Kill Gubio / Baba E Wi Hun Hun-tha Plight Of Nigeria's Senior Citizens / Result Of The Oyo Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.