Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

COVID-19: Bauchi Gov Speaks From Isolation, Says Take Coronavirus Seriously - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Bauchi Gov Speaks From Isolation, Says Take Coronavirus Seriously (449 Views)

I Am Still COVID-19 Positive, El-Rufai Speaks From Isolation / Senator Dino Melaye Speaks From His Hideout. Nigerians React (Video, Photos) / 'I Am Doing Fine' - Atiku Speaks From Dubai, Pictured With Ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Bauchi Gov Speaks From Isolation, Says Take Coronavirus Seriously by Omooba77: 1:34pm On Mar 25, 2020
Bauchi State Governor, Senator Bala Mohammed, has given an update concerning his health status, saying that he is doing fine in isolation with no symptoms of the coronavirus.

The Governor stated this while replying to a message sent to him by the former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara.

The PUNCH reports that the Governor is currently in isolation in Bauchi following the shaking of hands and exchange of pleasantries with the son of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar.

Mohammed Atiku Abubakar had since been confirmed positive for coronavirus by the Nigeria Center for Disease Control.

READ ALSO: Osinbajo tests negative for coronavirus, says aide

After the news broke, the Governor released a statement on Monday through his Senior Special Assistant on Media, Mukhtar Gidado, saying he had gone into isolation.

An aide to the former Speaker, Turaki Hassan shared his principal’s message to the Governor and also the response on his Facebook page.

Dogara’s aide quoted him as saying, “My brother, Governor Bala Mohammed, I have tried unsuccessfully to reach you after hearing of the devastating news.

“You, Malam Abba Kyari and all those affected are in our prayers. May God take control and bring healing as he has done for many. Wishing you all quick recovery.”

In his response, Governor Mohammed told Dogara that he was fine with no adverse effects or symptoms of the disease.

Mohammed said, “Thank you very much, my brother, Rt Hon Speaker for your care and concern. I appreciate (it) a lot. I am currently okay without any adverse manifestation of the symptoms.

“I advise all my compatriots out there to take this pandemic very seriously. Stay away from unnecessary contacts, stay at home if you can, use sanitisers and masks.

“Above all, obey medical advice and government directives. I cherish your support and prayers please.”

https://punchng.com/covid-19-bauchi-gov-speaks-from-isolation-says-take-coronavirus-seriously/
Re: COVID-19: Bauchi Gov Speaks From Isolation, Says Take Coronavirus Seriously by Eminya(f): 1:36pm On Mar 25, 2020
Hmmmm.
Re: COVID-19: Bauchi Gov Speaks From Isolation, Says Take Coronavirus Seriously by helinues: 1:38pm On Mar 25, 2020
Obani Koro for the rich grin
Re: COVID-19: Bauchi Gov Speaks From Isolation, Says Take Coronavirus Seriously by Iceclan(m): 1:38pm On Mar 25, 2020
Provide materials to stop the spread, thats one of the ways to take it serious.. As for you stay isolated
Re: COVID-19: Bauchi Gov Speaks From Isolation, Says Take Coronavirus Seriously by seunlayi(m): 1:42pm On Mar 25, 2020
Ok
Re: COVID-19: Bauchi Gov Speaks From Isolation, Says Take Coronavirus Seriously by Conner44: 1:53pm On Mar 25, 2020
Oga abeg Coro comot for road jor. Where the basic medical necessities wey you been keep for your own pipo dem?
Re: COVID-19: Bauchi Gov Speaks From Isolation, Says Take Coronavirus Seriously by lawalosky(m): 1:57pm On Mar 25, 2020
Not really good.

Heal the world oh lord...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Our Strategy Against Coronavirus Is Working, Says Lai / COVID-19: JAMB Donates Three Ventilators To Abuja / COVID-19: Allow Your Deputy To Lead – Folarin Tells Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.