Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,926 members, 7,824,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. (16321 Views)

Nollywood Movie Awards Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Mygoldie(f): 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2010
Naijamann:

Iroko partners is London-based, here is a copy of the message they put on my profile before they got my account banned:

IrokoPartnersLtd has posted a comment on your profile:

We are close to achieving our goal in that, we have managed to shut down most channels posting Nigerian movies on Youtube without Youtube validating our copyright documents. Soon we would be the number one, unopposed channel posting Nigerian Movies. People say it isnt possible. We are getting recognition and also getting paid legal fees from the producers/directors. Call it undemocratic, uncivilised, monopolistic or whatever, we would achieve our aim of being the best and everyone will continue to praise and acknowledge us. Soon we will be able to sell movies to them and get hold of their Visa Debit Cards and Credit Card to abuse. Thats our ultimate goal - Good job.

The irokopartner is not a professional atall,they go about banning people's profile on youtube,i hope no one patronise them,desperate idiots.
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Naijamann(m): 6:22pm On Dec 28, 2010
Naijamann:

, get hold of their Visa Debit Cards and Credit Card to abuse. Thats our ultimate goal - Good job.

I am still unable to understand what Iroko Partners or NollywoodLove ('cos they are the same people) meant by that bit of their statement, can anyone help pls? lol
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by lagbaja20: 6:25pm On Dec 28, 2010
^^^

Yahoo yahoo
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 28, 2010
we can clearly see that some people are focussing on the wrong things.
if anyone wants Nolly movies on youtube then there are plenty of that on the profile of Nollywoodlove AND they are in 1 part only, rather than 20 parts like the other ones. why would anyone complain about that is lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
the fact that NLlove can upload hour long movies should give you an idea of the quality of their work. i dont give a damn who is behind it as long as the quality of the upload is better.
obviously Nollywoodlove is the only one that paid their dues.
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by denzel2009: 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2010
^^^Who wants to watch Mr Ibu in London over and over?
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2010
denzel2009:

^^^Who wants to watch Mr Ibu in London over and over?
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2010
I just believe this channel banning wont last for long,
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2010
Because of the complaints that they are copyrighting. I am from Brooklyn, NY and when I went home this past summer they were even closing down stores that sold pirated Nollywood movies. Pretty messed up if you ask me.
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 28, 2010
na wa
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by soreola(f): 8:28pm On Dec 28, 2010
i think the reason most people want Nollywood movies for free is cause they don't think it's a worthy investment. Afterall i watch the movie once and most of the time dont feel like watching it again or just regret watching in the 1st place, You cant return it to the store either, so watching for free on utube is the safest option, and most peeps are not willin to leave the comfort of their homes to go buy a movie, much quicker to log on to utube and watch anythin u want,
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 28, 2010
^^^not everybody lives near a store that sells Nolly dvds anyway, and this is the only way to market Nollywood to us (the people who dont have too much faith in it).
i think most Nolly movies are garbage but i will gladly give a new flick a try simply because i hope that there will be some gems out there "someday", so until then, i will gladly watch Nolly movies for free!
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2010
I agree with both MBJ and Soreola. I love Nollywood movies! cheesy
but I usually dont have access to them unless I go to an African
owned store in the next city from my own  undecided  but I don't go that
way unless I am going to school. So I watch @ home on youtube
or on a Nollywood site. Some people do not take Nollywood
serious as Soreola said so they pirate the movies, I enjoy watching
them for free but if it takes my having to pay to "invest" in and
promote the industry I will. Nollywood is still in its infancy and needs
the financial support so. . . undecided
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by zarrek000(m): 10:11pm On Dec 28, 2010
TRY http://www.arodrive2.com/channels.php YOUTUBE CAN EAT A D*CK
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 28, 2010
^oh my. cheesy
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Mobinga: 1:47am On Dec 29, 2010
zarrek000:

TRY http://www.arodrive2.com/channels.php YOUTUBE CAN EAT A D*CK
Epic grin
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by ayzero6487(m): 2:25am On Dec 29, 2010
n.o.l.l.y.h.o.o.d, mtchew
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by styles2009: 3:19am On Dec 29, 2010
To all those complaining about youtube cancelling those channel uploading Nollywood movies, please listen to this.

1.We complain the movies are not good, but we watch them on youtube for free (Mostly Nigerian abroad) cos they have good internet access.

2.We complain the country isn't good but we Nigerians contribute to killing the economy by promoting piracy and the Movie producer and script writer toil day and night to produce something good, but we would never appreciate in buying a copy for $10 but prefer to eat Mac donalds for $25 a week.

3.My questions to all these Nigerians are? what do we really want? A country where the good suffer and the corrupt enjoys? We critisize them for poor story and recycling artists in every movie but we wont buy a single copy to support nolywood.

4.Nigerians watching movies on youtube and other illegal site, I would presonall call all the site hosting the videos to shut them down,maybe this way,you can all appreciate Nollywood,if you miss them online.

And to all those critisizing Youtube, the war on Nollywood online piracy has just begun.

As to those wishing Nollywood well,why not become a Nollywood Film Agent in whatever country you are and start distribution and sales of Nigerian film,just like i am planning?
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 3:49am On Dec 29, 2010
^^^^^thinking that buying Nolly dvds will improve the state of the garbage that has been released day-in and day-out will have you fail.
the directors/filmwriters etc are to be blamed for the poor state of this industry NOT the public. the fact that some people believe that more money will make better movie is definitely wrong. it will just bring "more" ignoramus (that would later call themselves directors) to this industry, for the MONEY rather than for the beauty of the art.

some great actors are "well paid" in that industry and yet keeps on making garbage flicks because, unfortunately, some people out there see these as fantastic.

by the way, when there will be cinemas/movie theaters all over the world showing these movies, that would be the day anyone can expect ME to pay my hard earn cash to watch any of these flicks (good or bad). but you can be sure that i wont contribute in making some alaba market reseller richer, because thats who gets the money and who calls the shots (not the production company who has no idea how to market movies themselves). . . . . . . . .   thus paying to view dvds wont change a thing as our (the youtube crowd) extra money will go to the resellers pockets NOT to the production's budget for their next flick.

the only reason i watch Nolly movies is to determine when there will be some decent quality movie released so that i can start contributing, until then i will keep on torturing myself watching these (more than often) awful movies for free.
these phoney directors/filmwriters (and sometimes actors) have NO RESPECT for the art of movie-making, why should i respect what they release?!
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by styles2009: 5:21am On Dec 29, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^^thinking that buying Nolly dvds will improve the state of the garbage that has been released day-in and day-out will have you fail.
the directors/filmwriters etc are to be blamed for the poor state of this industry NOT the public. the fact that some people believe that more money will make better movie is definitely wrong. it will just bring "more" ignoramus (that would later call themselves directors) to this industry, for the MONEY rather than for the beauty of the art.

some great actors are "well paid" in that industry and yet keeps on making garbage flicks because, unfortunately, some people out there see these as fantastic.

by the way, when there will be cinemas/movie theaters all over the world showing these movies, that would be the day anyone can expect ME to pay my hard earn cash to watch any of these flicks (good or bad). but you can be sure that i wont contribute in making some alaba market reseller richer, because thats who gets the money and who calls the shots (not the production company who has no idea how to market movies themselves). . . . . . . . .   thus paying to view dvds wont change a thing as our (the youtube crowd) extra money will go to the resellers pockets NOT to the production's budget for their next flick.

the only reason i watch Nolly movies is to determine when there will be some decent quality movie released so that i can start contributing, until then i will keep on torturing myself watching these (more than often) awful movies for free.
these phoney directors/filmwriters (and sometimes actors) have NO RESPECT for the art of movie-making, why should i respect what they release?!

You want to contribute but waiting till you see better ones made? You comment sound like you are form another planet, Do you even know a thing about Movie production?
Actors/Actress follow a script written by someone else,so if the movie is bad, i blame the script and if the acting is bad,its something else.

Why do you think Spielberg spend close to half a billion dollars on Films? cos he want the best.

Youtube would continue deleting those channel, till you get your life back. tongue
Oshofree!!!
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 5:24am On Dec 29, 2010
Unbelievable!! tongue Those are my subscribes.

I was actually going to put some Nollywood on this break, with my mommy embarassed
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 5:43am On Dec 29, 2010
styles2009:

You want to contribute but waiting till you see better ones made? You comment sound like you are form another planet, Do you even know a thing about Movie production?

so you expect me to contribute to garbage?! that would be against my beliefs lol!
let them get their act together and THEN i will. trying to make me believe that the reason Nolly is in that poor state is because of the lack of funds is preposterous. these directors have no idea what they are bloody doing. no money can change that (unless they pay knowledgeable people to shoot these movies)

Actors/Actress follow a script written by someone else,so if the movie is bad, i blame the script and if the acting is bad,its something else.

do you know how many scripts Denzel Washington or Will Smith turn down every day?! Nolly actors are part of the problem when they accept roles in garbage movies/scripts. cant they read?! cant they see that the storyline is fickle and lame or that the director has no clue about what he is talking about, let alone what it takes to shoot a great scene?!. . . . . . . just like giving a race car to someone who cant drive!

just because these Nolly actors have to eat doesnt mean i have to vouch for the garbage that is released by these guys, who may have great acting skills.

Why do you think Spielberg spend close to half a billion dollars on Films? cos he want the best.

he does because it takes a billion $$$ to shoot the movies he directs/produces. some may end up as really bad at the box office BUT the movies would be properly directed/shot!
giving a billion dollar to most Nollywood director would just be a waste of money as it wont make any difference to their minds.

Youtube would continue deleting those channel, till you get your life back. tongue
Oshofree!!!

www.youtube.com/nollywoodlove is still here!!!
how many of these youtube accounts that were shut down had 1hr+ clips?! let the boys sit down and the men stand up. there is a reason why THEY are still on and the others are all but gone, duh!
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 29, 2010
^^Pessimist angry angry
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by lagbaja20: 6:51am On Dec 29, 2010
^^^
Why dont you mind your business
Let Nigerians talk about Nigeria

Go elsewhere and mingle with your fellow Jamaicans
Are you ashamed of your heritage?

You got Usain Bolt, go talk about him with your fellow lost soul!
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by danteweb: 10:29am On Dec 29, 2010
Anyways, back to the topic, I think its rather stupid for people to abuse nollywood films as substandard and then carry their big heads to watch it. Why watch it if you're so sure its rubbish. To make matters worse, you now start screaming when you are denied access to watch these so called rubbish films.

Its also interesting to note that most people screaming now are people in diaspora. You dont want to pay for the films, you would rather watch them for free. As if that were not enough, you open your big mouths to rubbish the industry. To crown it all up, you now start screaming at the slightest stoppage of your theft of these poor peoples copyrighted work.

Why don't you come back to Nigeria and see how easy it is to live in and make money. So much stuff to contend with. Poor power, no security, delapitated ammenities, bad/inexistent legislation, lack of marketing networks and to make matters worse thieves like you guys in diaspora.

God help us!
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 29, 2010
lagbaja20:

^^^
Why dont you mind your business
Let Nigerians talk about Nigeria

Go elsewhere and mingle with your fellow Jamaicans
Are you ashamed of your heritage?

You got Usain Bolt, go talk about him with your fellow lost soul!

LMFAO. I wont blame you for your dunce-tivity that extra chromosome in you is to blame. tongue
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by lagbaja20: 11:16am On Dec 29, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

LMFAO. I wont blame you for your dunce-tivity that extra chromosome in you is to blame. tongue

Thanks!

I am begging you with everything I have: MIND YOUR BUSINESS

Stop putting your ignorant 'mouth' into everything Nigerian: 90% of which you do not understand. And, very disgusting and annoying to read your senseless posts.

Please, I dont mean to be disrespectful, just mind your own business!
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 29, 2010
^^did this fo0l just thank me? Omg.
Listen it's too late to "clean it up". Senseless posts?
ok like telling someone on a site YOU DO NOT OWN to go away right? dunce.
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by zibe(m): 12:43pm On Dec 29, 2010
The hatred spewing forth from this thread really makes me shudder. As for me, I think the people going on with the ban want to gain the trust of the people watching their own channel online so that, after gaining a reasonable amount of audience, they can then stop delivering it for free, making their customers to use their credit cards. Don't know if that's a good one though.
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Marlboro1: 2:58pm On Dec 29, 2010
I am still able to watch Nigerian movies at these sites:

www.africanwire..com
www.worldtv.com/tropicanatv
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by styles2009: 3:42pm On Dec 29, 2010
danteweb:

Anyways, back to the topic, I think its rather silly for people to abuse nollywood films as substandard and then carry their big heads to watch it. Why watch it if you're so sure its rubbish. To make matters worse, you now start screaming when you are denied access to watch these so called rubbish films.

Its also interesting to note that most people screaming now are people in diaspora. You dont want to pay for the films, you would rather watch them for free. As if that were not enough, you open your big mouths to rubbish the industry. To crown it all up, you now start screaming at the slightest stoppage of your theft of these poor peoples copyrighted work.

Why don't you come back to Nigeria and see how easy it is to live in and make money. So much stuff to contend with. Poor power, no security, delapitated ammenities, bad/inexistent legislation, lack of marketing networks and to make matters worse thieves like you guys in diaspora.

God help us!

@Danteweb,
Some Nigerians would never be satisfied,even in Diaspora they would complain about police,racism (When they are dead wrong) and they turn on Nigeria as the Hell on earth,where Devil himself has a portion to play.

See how they crucify Nollywood but later,watch it with their big head as you said, please ignore them.

My question is this,When are Nigerians going to be proud of, whatever we produce? Not only Nollywood i mean,cloth,food and all things of life but we would spend all our earnings on Fake Louis Vittoun Bag and Belt to "Just" be among the rest. (God Forbid)

To all those complaining Nollywood is crap, they all sound to me like babies, never satisfied but want more for free! tongue

Its just the beginning, all those channel would close up and you would buy Nigerian films on Ebay, or either go watch a p0rntube. grin
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by styles2009: 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2010
Nollywood might sound to be Crap but i know alot of Italians watching every new Nigerian Nollywood production.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AMAA 2012 Nominees & Winners / Download Doctor Strange Movie / Blaqboi Evicted From The Big Brother Titans House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.