Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,489 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts (102592 Views)

Buhari: Stop Begging Just Explain What Happened By Dele Sobowale / Dele Sobowale: Atiku Will Win Most Nigeria's Disputed Election / Bayelsa APC To Goodluck Jonathan: Return Our ₦300m, Bullet Proof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by Omooba77: 5:45pm On Mar 27, 2020
Sobowale in an article titled, ''COMPARING BUHARI WITH JONATHAN: IROKO VERSUS ROTTEN WOOD – 1'', dragged the former President who at the time was still in office.

He attacked Jonathan and also attacked his fellow columnists who wrote articles defending Jonathan's administration.

Fast forward to March 22nd 2020, Sobowale in an article titled ''Governor Ganduje has murdered sleep!'', said one of the things he regrets was his attack on Jonathan .

Part of his article reads:

One of the most foolhardy exploits I ever engaged in during my more than thirty years of writing columns for VANGUARD occurred in October 2014 when I got an article published titled COMPARING BUHARI WITH JONATHAN: IROKO VERSUS ROTTEN WOOD – 1. It was so hot that only the fact that Uncle Sam does not interfere in editorial matters got part 1 published. Despite that, the poor SUNDAY EDITOR received a serious reprimand for not editing sufficiently. I also received a mild rebuke from the Publisher for being too harsh on President Jonathan.

Let me take this opportunity to express gratitude as well as unreserved apology to former President Jonathan who demonstrated his strong belief in democratic norms. Virtually all my friends who are regular readers of VANGUARD thought that I had over-stepped my bounds that time. They expected my arrest and detention any time. My wife was scared to death and she advised me to run away. I did not run and to the everlasting glory of Jonathan, I was not harassed by anyone. I cannot thank him enough. He might not read this article, but, anybody close to him who reads it should convey my message. I sincerely apologise. Time and events have opened my eyes to the worst sort of hypocrisy parading as integrity and virtue. I have, since learnt anew that indeed “Hypocrisy is the homage paid by vice to virtue.” (De La Rochefoucauld, 1615-1680, VBQ p 96). Never again will I trust a military-politician.

But, it was not only Jonathan that I was ready to wage war against on behalf of Buhari. I took on my colleagues in the media – all the big names who were against Buhari. Below is the opening salvo to what was an all out attack against Buhari’s opponents. Never in my adult life have I been so devoted to anyone except Obong Victor Attah. Never have I been so disappointed that I wasted a great deal of goodwill among my colleagues on Buhari – who has turned out not a lot better and indeed is a lot worse than Jonathan in many respects.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/03/governor-ganduje-has-murdered-sleep/amp/

Jonathan's reaction:

Dear @DrDeleSobowale As you expected, my attention was drawn to your apology as expressed in your Sunday @vanguardngrnews column of March 22, 2020. You specifically regretted an article you wrote in 2014 in which you called me all manner of names.

The truth Dele is that I never took such criticism from you or any other of my critics personally .
I may have felt bad as a human being, but I assumed that you were driven more by a patriotic feeling to see our nation make progress, than any personal hatred for me.

Although I believed that many of our critics at that time misjudged our plans and programmes for the country, I was fully convinced that our democracy would be better served if we allowed all Nigerians to freely hold us to account, without let or hindrance.

As I always say, I have no enemies to fight. You will continue to earn my respect.
GEJ

https://twitter.com/GEJonathan/status/1243579231134724099?s=19

360 Likes 49 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by Officialgarri: 5:48pm On Mar 27, 2020
Monumental failure

If not that wailers suffer dementia, no one will object if we suggest Jonathan be whipped daily. Obasanjo and Jonathan's deeds is still what we suffer till date.

136 Likes 56 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by ImDStar: 5:50pm On Mar 27, 2020
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by Ayed44: 5:50pm On Mar 27, 2020
Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by NaMe4: 5:51pm On Mar 27, 2020
Apologies keep coming everyday as what is obtainable today wasn't even imagined 6 to 9 years ago

855 Likes 56 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by viccipedia: 5:51pm On Mar 27, 2020
The people’s president. The only educated one! We acknowledge the superiority of your leadership qualities over your counterparts. The significance of your contribution to democracy worldwide can never be overemphasised.

993 Likes 70 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by Kdon2: 5:51pm On Mar 27, 2020
Officialgarri:
Monumental failure

The one you voted in is monumental success abi...see your life. Tose who voted buhari in are the monumental failure.

1196 Likes 88 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by chio75(m): 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2020
That's very civil from a democratic civilian, unlike...

467 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by sapientia(m): 5:54pm On Mar 27, 2020
Chai...

Oga was a weakling. Yes, I admit it.

His indecisiveness made some Nigerians with low IQ including those that answer Prof to think Buhari was an option.

But he is a democrat.

He is human unlike Buhari that have no feelings.

When he told us the truth that stealing is not corruption, many came for his head.

Till today, I still stand by that statement.

Our politicians are not corrupt, they are thieves.

616 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by Officialgarri: 5:56pm On Mar 27, 2020
Kdon2:

The one you voted in is monumental success abi...see your life. Tose who voted buhari in are the monumental failure.
I prefer a government whose failure is as a result of unavoidable circumstances and world politics to a government who had all available resources to be successful, yet they looted all.

41 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by Egalitarian1: 5:58pm On Mar 27, 2020
An epitome of a true democratic leader is GEJ. It's quite unfortunate that the selfish majority chose a compendium of incompetence over GEJ out of ethnoreligious sentiments.

532 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by NaMe4: 6:00pm On Mar 27, 2020
Officialgarri:

I prefer a government whose failure is as a result of unavoidable circumstances and world politics to a government who had all available resources to be successful, yet they looted all.

Yes, unavoidable circumstances over the last 5 years

512 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by chozzy: 6:02pm On Mar 27, 2020
Buhari's mega failures has turned GEJ
to a genius

564 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by helinues: 6:03pm On Mar 27, 2020
Self servicing?
Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:06pm On Mar 27, 2020
Officialgarri:
Monumental failure

If not that wailers suffer dementia, no one will object if we suggest Jonathan be whipped daily. Obasanjo and Jonathan's deeds is still what we suffer till date.

Covik one nine .... Shame on you
Supporter of the scammer in Aso rock

Buhari incompetency knows no bounds

587 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by wingmanIII: 6:09pm On Mar 27, 2020
GEJ should keep quiet!
He is as worthless as the current occupant

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by Fragility6: 6:13pm On Mar 27, 2020
This man has taught me one thing in life. D decision to walk away does nt mean u are weak. He is not criticising anybdy or talking abt situation of d country bt his name still rings evrywere. Time spoke for him

543 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by Ogegeodey(m): 6:13pm On Mar 27, 2020
A very civil and articulate response from GEJ, Buhari would have responded with DSS.

Argue with SOWORE

503 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by Ventura1: 6:15pm On Mar 27, 2020
Officialgarri:
Monumental failure

Buhari is a disaster

403 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by edoairways: 6:16pm On Mar 27, 2020
Officialgarri:
Monumental failure

And has your bubu achieved anything except problem

362 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by XANDERBOY85: 6:19pm On Mar 27, 2020
Hehehehe grin grin grin

Nigerians remind me of the stubborn Israelites wandering in the wilderness! shocked

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by Kdon2: 6:22pm On Mar 27, 2020
Officialgarri:

See excuse o. Both are failure but one is humble to admit it not this proud failure we now have!

251 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by Kdon2: 6:49pm On Mar 27, 2020
Officialgarri:

Both are failures but one is humble enough to admit his failure rather than this arrogant failure we now have.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by Blackfire(m): 6:55pm On Mar 27, 2020
Click like for Jonathan.

Click share for buhari

655 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by Lovelive: 7:03pm On Mar 27, 2020
Officialgarri:
Monumental failure

Covik 1 , 9 here you are again.

What are you doing better or differently ?

161 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by Omooba77: 7:11pm On Mar 27, 2020
Officialgarri:

Wake up from your slumber bro, the world is sinking under your guard.....

222 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by ImmaculateJOE(m): 7:43pm On Mar 27, 2020
Officialgarri:
Monumental failure

Almajiri terrorist you no dey tire...?

226 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by Gandollaar(f): 7:51pm On Mar 27, 2020
helinues:
Self servicing?

Self serving. grin

Are you better than the erudite Dele Sobowale that tendered an apology to him?

184 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by MrALIVE: 7:53pm On Mar 27, 2020
Officialgarri:
Monumental failure

you are a disgrace....if you cant blame buhari who has been in office for 5 years for Nigeria's problems then you are a very terrible person.

269 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts by nijabazaar: 8:11pm On Mar 27, 2020
Such a President!

Not PresidentCovik!

66 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Kano: 'they Tried To Whisk Away Results To Govt House, We Did This" - (pix, Vide / APC Matters In Pictures / Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.