Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 (55863 Views)

10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today / Akin Abayomi: Most People Who Contract Coronavirus Don't Feel Sick / Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 by edupedia: 3:09am On Mar 28, 2020
[quote author=Tpharell post=87826694]
I beg to differ completely here. The only reason why this is so is that we are not testing enough, period! Infact, compared to what Spain and Italy did at the fourth week we are not testing at all.[/quote

Okay we are not testing....but where are your death figures ? Why do some of u just choose to be negative in life?
Re: Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 by Judybash93(m): 3:57am On Mar 28, 2020
rottennaija:
Lagos must be doing something right. We the citizens must help ourselves if we are to survive this... God forbids we have 300 cases by middle of April

The question is, how many people have been tested?
Re: Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 by Judybash93(m): 3:58am On Mar 28, 2020
DrChukki:
Covid-19 has a fatality rate of approximately 2.3%.

So if we are to have 39,000 cases in Lagos, that means we're expecting 897 deaths in Lagos alone . ..
====

You see why we just have to allow these politicians to get this virus and die.

Close boarder them no hear.
Okay get health facilities, NO.

Someone will take public transport to LUTH for Covid-19 test. When he tests positive, they will still ask him to go home because there's no facility to take care of him. The same person will go home on public transport.

You see eh... If not for the love of God, Nigeria suppose to be having high figures by now.

May God continue to help us

The truth is, we aren't testing enough people.
Re: Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 by Adexbuga: 4:15am On Mar 28, 2020
Nawa o
Re: Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 by Playthepianos: 4:23am On Mar 28, 2020
Very serious

MEANWHILE,
[url=ofgogoatan.com/afu.php?zoneid=3155091]Click here for something light grin [/url]
Re: Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 by NosaHenry(m): 5:06am On Mar 28, 2020
Tpharell:

I beg to differ completely here. The only reason why this is so is that we are not testing enough, period! Infact, compared to what Spain and Italy did at the fourth week we are not testing at all.
I agree we are not testing, but looking at death rate plus people showing symptoms we are no way near Italy and Spain. We shall overcome

2 Likes

Re: Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 by Obrigardo: 6:23am On Mar 28, 2020
lexy2014:

D mic he is holding is plugges to an amp& speakers which amplifies what he is saying for d audience listening to him. D other mics are for d news stations present at d briefing. Their mics aren't connected to amps& speakers at d venue. They are connected to d stations recording devices in order to capture d commissioners voice while drowning out d ambience

So you have this knowledge by looking at a pic, Mr psychic
Re: Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 by lexy2014: 7:29am On Mar 28, 2020
Obrigardo:

So you have this knowledge by looking at a pic, Mr psychic

Mrs. Ignorant, have u ever heard of public address system?
Re: Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 by Obrigardo: 7:59am On Mar 28, 2020
lexy2014:

I can't laugh grin
And you mentioned a public address system, what an Oxymoron Mr ironhead
Re: Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 by Angelfrost(m): 8:43am On Mar 28, 2020
Tpharell:

No my friend, you are not overly optimistic at all, but wanting in understanding of the key issues of arithmetic and geometric progression. You missed out on the exponential growth phase of the infection where it doubles every few days. This geometric progression in infection rate is responsible for the blood bath currently being witnessed in Italy and Spain. Nigeria's infection rate is still at arithmetic progression (according to the anecdotal NCDC figures) which is the preliminary. The below chart should provide some context.
[img][/img]https://www.patentlyapple.com/.a/6a0120a5580826970c0240a515a116200b-800wi

Sir, the maths isn't lost on me at all...

It is nothing but naivety to actually believe the figures being brought forth by an unprepared NCDC...

Maybe you missed my other submissions on this issue of pandemic in Nigeria.... What your leaders are submitting and calculating is a far cry from the reality on ground... A very far cry my good friend.

Currently infected people in Nigeria are not and cannot be anywhere less than 3000 (intelligent people have realistically done the maths)... Your leaders have been slow and behind for over 3 weeks now.

The clear difference between Nigeria and most European nations now is not that our leaders are more responsible or responsive... That's just self delusion... The difference is in the pathophysiology of the virus with regards to demography and race!!!... This might end up being our saving grace in the midst of a glaring ineptitude of our health care system.

Dear friend, you are merely privileged, not in any way prepared or arithmetically ahead of others!!!.. Please, let's get real!!!
Re: Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 by lexy2014: 1:29pm On Mar 28, 2020
Obrigardo:

I can't laugh grin
And you mentioned a public address system, what an Oxymoron Mr ironhead

Did I ask u to laugh? U don't need to display more ignorance. Pls read d question I asked u again. It has nothing to do with laugh.
lexy2014:

All u need to say is yes or no. Its that simple
Re: Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 by AppDevt: 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2020
Mizwisdom:

If your figures are true then most of us have immunity since out hospitals are still not overwhelmed by people with symptoms

Thank you for sense !
If the figures in Nigeria are high, you cannot hide it according to WHO, hospitals will be overwhelmed and people falling dead at random , just like some places, where this wasn’t taken seriously .

Look at the death rate so far? Even the confirmed cases are just in hospital for observation, most are doing ok, even the baby .

You cannot try to rationalize things without consideration of other factors like Race, Environment, genes , ability of the strain to thrive in the tropics, weather , immune system on a strong” FLU” strain , etc

1 Like

Re: Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 by Broadenyourhori: 2:36pm On Mar 28, 2020
Vulcan24:

Everything with you is ignorance, is it carpenter that is treating a d researching on d spread

the led are fools, the leaders are foolish

Another scumbag trying to impress.... cheesy
Re: Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 by Vulcan24(m): 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
Broadenyourhori:

Another scumbag trying to impress.... cheesy

impressions are lost on u, stray dog.
Re: Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 by Vulcan24(m): 6:16pm On Mar 28, 2020
bahaushe1:

Excellent analysis!

It is true most of the data on covid 19 is coming from Asia, Europe, and Americas. There is virtually nothing from Africa. The onus is on our researchers to start looking at our data.

Weather could be one of the factors influencing the rate of transmission of the virus. It remain to be proven scientifically.

In general, I think there could be genetic, environmental, social, and other factors in play.

Our high exposure to chloroquine being in malaria endemic zone; our low prevalence of elderly population; our low prevalence of non-communicable diseases; our low rate of international flights, could all be factors worth exploring if the transmission curve continue to be flat in the coming weeks.

thank you and I hope we get saved in time.

1 Like

Re: Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 by Broadenyourhori: 8:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
Vulcan24:

impressions are lost on u, stray dog.

Hahahaha .... ode!
Re: Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 by Litmus: 8:49pm On Mar 28, 2020
xynerise:
Hmmmm...

Are they now using anticipated estimated figures?

They probably feel pressured to satisfy the need by some to see Nigeria World Covid Capital . Thirty Nine thousand isn’t going to satisfy, though, prognosis needs to be nearer several millions. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Argentine Doctor Arrested For Masturbating While Checking Patient's Private Part / What Is The Difference Between The White Vitamin C Tablets And The Orange Ones? / Man Electrocuted To Death In Aba Few Weeks To Traditional Wedding (Graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.