Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin (128334 Views)

Don't Kill Yourself If Your Wife Is Sleeping Around..... / HELP! My Brother Is Too Dull / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by od501: 8:08pm On Apr 01, 2020
tetula123:
How old is this girl?
How are both of you going to get into trouble if she gets pregnant?
Mind you a whole lot of people sleep with their cousin. I personally know two of my friends who did it. People just don’t talk about it since it’s a taboo. They are both grown enough to know this.

Say no to incest. And for that man quoting me down there. I know people who did it doesn’t mean I support incest. It’s a taboo where I am from and I know the detriment of it both traditionally and medically.
I used a whole lot, I shouldn’t have, but try going to sites like quora and reddit and see a lot of story foreigners who do it even when it’s a taboo there as well.
My point is people do it here, even some who will open this thread cheesy cheesy ;DBut you know how Nigerians are

My broda, i am relived to see your comment, at least you still recognize the culture here. The bad side of this is that the implications lingers through out one's life. And at the end of the day they start jumping from one pastor to another looking for solution.
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by od501: 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2020
youngvikthor:
My brother was staying with my aunty since 2017 so early this year he decided to rent his own apartment after saving some money

So January this year, he told my mum that I should come and stay with him that he will look for work for me which he did. Since my arrival to this place, my cosin sister alway visits us. The house is not far from ours. She will come in name of helping us to cook.

While she and my brother will be touching themselves even when am around, most people in our compound thought she is my brother's girlfriend. I also noticed some used condoms in our room and my brother did not have girlfriend.

Fast forward to yesterday Monday, I went to work
and our boss said we should go back due to the issue of this covid 19, I reach House only for me to see my sister lying dawn with just singlet, playing game with my brother's phone.

And my brother was in the bathroom. I don't really know what to do, if I should tell my mother or not, my aunty is such a kind person she at times gives us food stuff and even money and I don't want my brother to get angry with me.

Please I need your help, he is 26, I'm just 21

My brother, i have read through comments here and only relised one thing, that this forum is full of either under aged fellows or people who has completely lost connection with their culture courtesy of the so-called western education with a spite of western religion.

My brother, what your brother did/doing is called an abomination of the highest degree! If something is not done about it, the implication is eminent. I don't know where you come from, but I come from the Eastern part of the country and in my place, you are required to go for cleansing which is associated with some other rituals i can't really start saying here.
What i have noticed in this generation is that everything goes, more reason we will continue to breed a generation of complete idiots who has lost connection with their heritage thus, moving around like a stray goat!

This is what you will do, first they 'must stop' that Sacrelage at once! I don't care how you do it but it 'must' stop. Then you guys must consult an elder asap, to be on a safer side your parents are the best alternative. If your parents are well grounded with the culture, they know to take it up from there, (I can't really start saying stuffs here). But you guys are not traditional type, prooceed to your spiritual adviser, he knows what to do.

Never for one second think that these things are primitive and lacks relevance. I always tell people never let any prof, pastor, or whosoever make you think that the ways of your ancestors are demonic or devilish. These are people we once existed when God himself still walk the earth, their laws are the laws of God himself. Ignore it to your peril.

This is not to scare you, but I won't be fair my generation if i fall to let you know the simple reality. If you fail to expose your brother, whatever calamity that will befall him, you are bound to have a fare share of it. Go to churches today and see how many people seeking to be delivered or to get one spiritual intervention or the other. Most of them are self-afflicted, some are so easy that all they need to do to go and confess to their victims, etc.

From your age and with the way you talk, I have assumed that you lack the experience and understanding of life as an African. I don't blame you though, our education system has been so westernized that we are slowly forgetting who we are as a people, what works for us and what doesn't. I rest my case, do the right thing no matter how difficult it looks.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by Purifiedsoul: 9:34pm On Apr 01, 2020
tonididdy:

Your culture is shitt
No it is not bruh.
grin
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by druxlazu: 10:20pm On Apr 01, 2020
You wasted my precious time for me to read nonsense.

I think I have to agree with the other person who in some thread said kids should not be allow here.

What's your business?

I have a question to the Owner and Members of this forum, is Nairaland meant for this kinds of topics such as reporting one's family issues and not his or her own personal problem?
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by Joystark(f): 6:34am On Apr 02, 2020
ElasticStone:

I doubt. Some people are too ugly to be decendants of fallen angels angry

Mmmm...
Sounds like experience talking.
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by Enyimbamercedes: 6:54am On Apr 02, 2020
homesteady:

I stay in the North, I've seen a lot of such marriages and i even know children from such families.
They are like every normal children.

In-breeding increases the risks of genetic disorders! First cousins marrying is in-breeding
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by Vargoogle(m): 11:01am On Apr 02, 2020
See as u want carry ur hand go buy trouble for ya sef..

U no go face ur work??.....Wat am i even saying sef..
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by Tobigab12: 12:06pm On Apr 02, 2020
yanabasee:

You asked her to marry you..... She didn't ask you to marry her.....

So, she married you, by accepting to spend the rest of her life with you....
Hello bro,pls I need your digit need to discuss something with u.
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by yanabasee(m): 9:21pm On Apr 02, 2020
Tobigab12:
Hello bro,pls I need your digit need to discuss something with u.

Drop your number lemme chat you up instead....
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by Tobigab12: 10:05pm On Apr 02, 2020
[quote author=yanabasee post=88036905]

Drop your number lemme chat you up instead....[/quote
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by Ysakaws1: 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2020
Omar09:

https://www.tfp.is

I have cracked version of Netflix. I use it to watch movies too. I can send it to you on WhatsApp.
Can you send me too boss?
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by Omar09(m): 2:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
Ysakaws1:

Can you send me too boss?

Check my ziggy and contact me.
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by Queenserah26(f): 11:30pm On Apr 03, 2020
cheesy grin
Martinez39s:
Is he also sleeping with your Tangent and Cosecant? grin
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by Nobody: 2:01am On Apr 04, 2020
Kobicove:

You brother is the one who influenced your cousin cos he's older than her by far undecided

You can't be so sure oo. These days, many young people know more than their elders in sexual matters. So you can't give this conclusion.
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by cooooooks(m): 6:40am On Apr 05, 2020
Frankly I don't think it's any of your business. Cousin relationships are not illegal and some places even encourage it.

How old is the cousin?
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by Ysakaws1: 10:37pm On Apr 06, 2020
Omar09:

Check my ziggy and contact me.
Does it work for iphone?
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by WiseStarr(m): 5:36am On Apr 07, 2020
tetula123:
How old is this girl?
How are both of you going to get into trouble if she gets pregnant?
Mind you a whole lot of people sleep with their cousin. I personally know two of my friends who did it. People just don’t talk about it since it’s a taboo. They are both grown enough to know this.

Say no to incest. And for that man quoting me down there. I know people who did it doesn’t mean I support incest. It’s a taboo where I am from and I know the detriment of it both traditionally and medically.
I used a whole lot, I shouldn’t have, but try going to sites like quora and reddit and see a lot of story foreigners who do it even when it’s a taboo there as well.
My point is people do it here, even some who will open this thread cheesy cheesy ;DBut you know how Nigerians are

Bro, listen to yourself, did this make sense to you?

OP find a way to tell your brother in a gentle way that there won't be problem to know if your suspicion is right, if it's right, find a way to seperate them and this must not be exposed to either of your parents,it's deeper than you think o
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by Omar09(m): 10:33am On Apr 07, 2020
Ysakaws1:

Does it work for iphone?

Nope.
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by Rawhumper(m): 11:49pm On May 04, 2020
You need wisdom in this,ask your cousin sister what is going on between her and ur bro.
If there is going to be a stop in that kind of thing its from her,you may talk from till goat starts to bark like a dog your brother wont bulge.

You can chip in to yoir cousin sis if she makes your bro to know you then go public,then everyone in the whole family will know.
If she assures you,she will put a stop to it then relax at least i can bet you may not see her visit that place again.

I have had similar experiences with my three cousins...

youngvikthor:
My brother was staying with my aunty since 2017 so early this year he decided to rent his own apartment after saving some money

So January this year, he told my mum that I should come and stay with him that he will look for work for me which he did. Since my arrival to this place, my cosin sister alway visits us. The house is not far from ours. She will come in name of helping us to cook.

While she and my brother will be touching themselves even when am around, most people in our compound thought she is my brother's girlfriend. I also noticed some used condoms in our room and my brother did not have girlfriend.

and our boss said we should go back due to the issue of this covid 19, I reach House only for me to see my sister lying dawn with just singlet, playing game with my brother's phone.

And my brother was in the bathroom. I don't really know what to do, if I should tell my mother or not, my aunty is such a kind person she at times gives us food stuff and even money and I don't want my brother to get angry with me.

Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 29, 2020
PERVENCHE:

Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob all married their cousins.

The Bible is pretty clear on that fact by showing so many first-cousin marriages and by first-cousin marriage being notably absent from Leviticus 18. In the JPS version of the Tanakh Leviticus 18:6 says not to "come near anyone of [your] own flesh to uncover unclothedness" in the JPS. In other versions the word "kin" is often used. Leviticus does go on to list various and very specific "you and your kin" relationships and goes so far as to point out that we shouldn't have sex with sheep but fails to even elude to cousins. In fact, if Jesus did exist it is well within the realm of possibility that his parents were first-cousins (the 1913 Catholic Encyclopedia mentions this possibility).
my guy tell dem abeg. Some are saying birth defects. Abraham married his sister(gen 20:12) nothing do Isaac. Las las na God go settle dis matter
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by SKYloafFISH(f): 1:43pm On May 30, 2020
If you inform your mum, it will be hard to separate them because your brother will become defiant.

Try and talk to your brother about it.
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by babtoundey(m): 7:31pm On Dec 24, 2021
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by freemi(m): 12:45am On Mar 17, 2023
milliman:

I know I am one. Greatest of all time motherfucker
I'm sure u just came out from prison. Odd. Instead planning ur Thanksgiving u r here replying to a decades threat
Re: My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin by lovediehatelive(m): 11:23am On Nov 06, 2023
How did you later resolved it?

youngvikthor:

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.