Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,458 members, 7,861,324 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:48 AM

An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland (816 Views)

Enugu Rerun: Voters Beat INEC Staff For Coming With Pre-filled Result Sheets / How Soldiers Scattered Collation Of Results, Held Me Hostage - Top INEC Staff / Atiku Approves N33,000 Minimum Wage For All 100,000 Staff On His Payroll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by BluntNigerian: 1:34am On Apr 02, 2020
This thread is an open request directed to all the Nairalanders who happen to be Permanent Staff of INEC...
Please, read and reply..
Dear Nairaland INEC Staff/INEC Staff Nairalanders.
I want to get something straight about the results which you guys (and your colleagues at the INEC Headquarters) published on your official website.
I want to know Why it was only the presidential result that contained information about the Number of Registered Voters, Number of Accredited Voters, Number of Total Votes, Number of Voided Votes, and Number of Valid Votes.. Please I need explanations.
(You can see the presidential result in the link below in case you do not know what I am talking about:
https://www.inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/2019-GE-PRESIDENTIAL-ELECTION-RESULTS.pdf )
The reason I am asking the above question is because, EVERY other results that were uploaded on the INEC website did not contain all these NECESSARY information which I pointed out above; starting from the Senatorial Results, to the House of Representatives Results, the Governorship Results, and to All the States House of Assemblies Results.
Here below are some examples of such results I am talking about:
1. https://www.inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ANAMBRA-CENTRAL.pdf
2. https://www.inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ANAMBRA-NORTH.pdf
3. https://www.inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ANAMBRA-SOUTH.pdf
(The rest of the links are there on the INEC website).
Dear INEC Staff on the Nairaland Platform, I am writing this article for YOU (and also, indirectly to Your Leaders, and the handlers of the INEC website through YOU) because I need to get the whole true information about the elections through the INEC website.
First of All, I need to know WHY INEC didn't see it as necessary to include the Number of Registered Voters, Number of Accredited Voters, Number of Total Votes, Number of Voided Votes, and Number of Valid Votes in all the other election results which they uploaded to their website, but they had the whole time and energy to include all the parties that contested, and the number of votes each of the parties scored. What prevented INEC from making the information complete?
Secondly, I need to know why you guys at INEC would usually be telling people who sent FOI Requests to you, that: “all the the information about the election results are on the INEC website”, whereas you guys are very much aware that the information on the website is incomplete.. Had INEC started telling lies?
I hope that any of you who read this thread would respond to these two questions and give me genuine answers; and then, most importantly, cause the INEC Headquarters to include all those NECESSARY INFORMATION such as the Number of Registered Voters, Number of Accredited Voters, Number of Total Votes, Number of Voided Votes, and Number of Valid Votes to all the Senatorial Results, House of Representatives Results, Governorship Results, and the States House of Assemblies Results which same INEC omitted in the results they published on the INEC website.
I know very well that I am Not asking for too much. I also know that what I am asking for can be done within a few days.
At the best of it all, if this is done, it would definitely lead to better elections in the future.
Thank You Brothers and Sisters..
And Please, Stay Safe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 02, 2020
Ftc
Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by helinues: 6:30am On Apr 02, 2020

You see what the insufficient testing kits have caused in Nigeria

INEC palava for this period?
Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by chozzy: 6:46am On Apr 02, 2020
helinues:

This forum is for Politics.

OP, INEC obviously has skeletons in the cupboard.

They know there will be loads of discrepancies if they published all information.
They don't want to get involved in avoidable controversies.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by helinues: 6:48am On Apr 02, 2020
chozzy:

And you don't know what a priority means?
Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by BluntNigerian: 10:55am On Apr 02, 2020
Aladegba:
Ftc
You have to wait until the thread hits front page before you start rejoicing.
Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by BluntNigerian: 10:58am On Apr 02, 2020
helinues:

Did you test positive for Covik?
What palava am I supposed to be talking about?
See my brother,, If INEC showed us everything that they were supposed to show us when they were supposed to, should anything about them be bothering any Nigerian at this very moment??
Stop supporting bad thing Mista Man.
Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by BluntNigerian: 11:12am On Apr 02, 2020
chozzy:

OP, INEC obviously has skeletons in the cupboard.

They know there will be loads of discrepancies if they published all information.
They don't want to get involved in avoidable controversies.
My brother, I really don't know why my fellow Nigerians are Not actively pushing for all those information to be included in the results which INEC published on their official website..
But here is the real problem with the majority of Nigerians:
We swallow whatever nonsense and rubbish we are being fed by the government and the media...
How many Nigerians had ever bothered to bring out their own time and check the election results of the General Elections of 2019 on the INEC Official Website?
(Most Nigerians don't even know that there are results on the INEC website. Some few don't even know that INEC has an official website)
For those few that bothered to check on the INEC's Official Website for the Results of the General Elections of 2019; How many of them bothered to notice that INEC deliberately omitted the Number of Registered Voters, Number of Accredited Voters, and Number of Valid Voters in All the Senatorial, Representatives, Governorship, and Assemblies Results??
(This is where the few enlightened Nigerians succumbed to whatever INEC published on their website without asking the right questions).
If Nigerians sincerely and actively demand for it, it would be provided immediately, because we are entitled to the information.
We participated in the elections, therefore we need to know the full outcome.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by BluntNigerian: 11:19am On Apr 02, 2020
helinues:

And you don't know what a priority means?
So, what is priority?
I guess you know what a chain reaction means?
Evil begets Evil which begets Evil and so on.
Do we continue like this?
And talking about the so called priority, why is it so difficult for the NCDC to state categorically the number of specimen tested for COVID-19? Are they not keeping the data? Or they are doing like INEC by deliberately hiding important information away from the public??
Chain Reaction of Evil..
Keep it Up Nigeria.
Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by helinues: 11:20am On Apr 02, 2020
BluntNigerian:
So, what is priority?
I guess what a chain reaction means?
Evil begets Evil which begets Evil and so on.
Do we continue like this?

We can't continue like this but there is time for everything
Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by BluntNigerian: 11:27am On Apr 02, 2020
helinues:

We can't continue like this but there is time for everything
So, this is the time for deliberately hiding important information from Nigerians??
I was crying about the evil of INEC,, now NCDC had started their own.
Do we continue to cry forever before complete information can be made available to us??
So, if we can't continue like this, tell me why NCDC is hiding the actual number of Nigerians tested for COVID-19.. Why are they doing projections rather than saying the number?
Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by pricklewane: 11:37am On Apr 02, 2020
Where is your prove they are doing projection or you want them to count those not tested or confirmed because your bigoted Igbo soul hate any positive news about Nigeria.

I will wait for you to claim you are not Igbo before I fire on. This Wailer wailing sorrowfully did not complain about INEC not providing same data under Obasanjo Yardua n Ebele all older than election result under Buhari. Any bigoted soul that can't address the past but want an American standard of change cos Buhari is now the president is simply fooling himself.

BluntNigerian:
So, this is the time for deliberately hiding important information from Nigerians??
I was crying about the evil of INEC,, now NCDC had started their own.
Do we continue to cry forever before complete information can be made available to us??
So, if we can't continue like this, tell me why NCDC is hiding the actual number of Nigerians tested for COVID-19.. Why are they doing projections rather than saying the number?
Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by BluntNigerian: 11:54am On Apr 02, 2020
pricklewane:
Where is your prove they are doing projection or you want them to count those not tested or confirmed because your bigoted Igbo soul hate any positive news about Nigeria.

I will wait for you to claim you are not Igbo before I fire on. This Wailer wailing sorrowfully did not complain about INEC not providing same data under Obasanjo Yardua n Ebele all older than election result under Buhari. Any bigoted soul that can't address the past but want an American standard of change cos Buhari is now the president is simply fooling himself.

Is “2000 tests so far” the actual number of specimen tested for COVID-19??
If you have the number, please supply it here.
I need it.
So, from Obasanjo Era, to Yar'adua era, to Jonathan Era, and to Change Era, all you want is for me to leave the future I am fighting for and start counting backwards??
With all the innovations and amendments in the constitution and the Electoral Acts, all you want here is for me to be wishing that we are still doing things like they were done in the dark Obasanjo Era??
You are indeed a shameless fool.
We are trying to secure a transparent future here.
Continue looking for your ancestors in the past.

Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by pricklewane: 12:19pm On Apr 02, 2020
What innovation is in existence now that was lacking then and why did PDP not implement those innovation that you expect an archaic Buhari to now be the progenitor of modern day innovation ?! Does that not tell any one gunning for such dream is being delusional ?

BluntNigerian:
Is “2000 tests so far” the actual number of specimen tested for COVID-19??
If you have the number, please supply it here.
I need it.
So, from Obasanjo Era, to Yar'adua era, to Jonathan Era, and to Change Era, all you want is for me to leave the future I am fighting for and start counting backwards??
With all the innovations and amendments in the constitution and the Electoral Acts, all you want here is for me to be wishing that we are still doing things like they were done in the dark Obasanjo Era??
You are indeed a shameless fool.
We are trying to secure a transparent future here.
Continue looking for your ancestors in the past.
Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by BluntNigerian: 9:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
pricklewane:
What innovation is in existence now that was lacking then and why did PDP not implement those innovation that you expect an archaic Buhari to now be the progenitor of modern day innovation ?! Does that not tell any one gunning for such dream is being delusional ?

So, he is now an Archaic Buhari?
Oohh! So because he is archaic buhari, everything should now continue going archaic, even with the vibrant and ever innovative Professor Mahmood Yakubu on the steering wheels of INEC?
The innovations are too many to mention.
For the first time ever, citizens are constantly educated on their rights and responsibilities as voters (even though they don't fulfil them, but at least, they have made us to know that the results are one of our rights as voters).
Secondly, have you gone through the Electoral Reform Bill, which is even going through further review at the moment? If you have gone through it, you shouldn't be sounding this dull..
You are just a typical Lazy Nigerian that gets carried about by waves of uncertainty. Whatever the waves of uncertainty throws at you, that is what you take without questioning.
Whomever that dares to ask questions about the system which is filled with uncertainty, you the Lazy Nigerian who didn't even understand the system would start calling the enlightened citizen unprintable names.
Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by BluntNigerian: 8:56am On Apr 03, 2020
Lalasticlala, Seun
Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by tk4rd: 8:31pm On Apr 03, 2020
pricklewane:

See kettle calling pot black..
You are the only bigot I see on this thread.
Meanwhile, here is another projection.
2.6 million homes have already collected N20,000 COVID-19 palliative..
That is N52bn.
2.6 million homes??
For real?
Do they have the whole data and details of the 2.6m homes??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by BluntNigerian: 6:36am On May 01, 2020
I don't really know why it is so difficult for the various arms, and ministries, and departments, and agencies of government to release accurate information.
Is it that they don't have the whole information (which they are actually supposed to have anyway)??
Or that they are deliberately hoarding the information for whatever reasons best known to them (not knowing that what government owe its citizens is accurate and dependable information - and not money)??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by BluntNigerian: 6:49am On May 01, 2020
Lalasticlala, Seun, Mods.
Please, move to front page.
Please.
This information is very important.
Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by TimFisher2: 6:56am On May 01, 2020
pricklewane:

I will wait for you to claim you are not Igbo before I fire on. This Wailer wailing sorrowfully did not complain about INEC not providing same data under Obasanjo Yardua n Ebele all older than election result under Buhari. Any bigoted soul that can't address the past but want an American standard of change cos Buhari is now the president is simply fooling himself

undecided

Based on your comment,I believe you are a Yoruba man

I want to ask you a simple question

What have you benefited from this government?

Just tell me one thing

Do you know they are sharing 20,000 for palliative

Did you get yours?

Someone is pointing out the discrepancies in this country,and how to fix it.u re busy talking nonsense trying to tribalize it

I weep for your future generations

Tomorrow you will come to nairaland to beg for money to eat

Well for your information i stopped helping anybody on this forum

Let it be all man for himself

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by BluntNigerian: 7:13am On May 01, 2020
TimFisher2:
Based on your comment,I believe you are a Yoruba man

I want to ask you a simple question

What have you benefited from this government?

Just tell me one thing

Do you know they are sharing 20,000 for palliative

Did you get yours?

Someone is pointing out the discrepancies in this country,and how to fix it.u re busy talking nonsense trying to tribalize it

I weep for your future generations

Tomorrow you will come to nairaland to beg for money to eat

Well for your information i stopped helping anybody on this forum

Let it be all man for himself.
The guy is actually typing with his zombified brain.
Please stop wasting your energy on him.
Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:15am On May 01, 2020
INEC go with whoever is the ruling party.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by tk4rd: 9:07am On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
INEC go with whoever is the ruling party.
None of these supposedly independent institutions are truly independent of the FEC and NASS..
Even NASS themselves are not independent.
Not because their salaries are dependent on the executive.
No.
Their salaries are statutory, and are independent of the executive.
But then, because they want their illegal paddings and additions to the budgets to be quickly approved by the FEC and subsequently by the NASS without much questioning, they had to strike some shady deals with these two entities, and in the process, they got themselves highly compromised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by larrymoore(m): 9:18am On May 01, 2020
we are on a vehicle of three tyres in this country, we don't expect it to balance

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by tk4rd: 10:05am On May 01, 2020
Lalasticlala..
Re: An Open Letter To All The INEC Staff On Nairaland by BluntNigerian: 7:11am On May 02, 2020
tk4rd:
Lalasticlala..
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Releases Places Where Food And Relief Items Where Sent To / Kogi State Government Releases Covid-19 Test Results Of 111 Persons / COVID-19: Church To Pay N38m For Promoting Fake Cure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.