Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,951 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. (1460 Views)

Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora / Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by Saifullah01: 11:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
Hello Seun,

Your platform is one of - if not the most visited platforms by Nigerians for news, updates, discussions, constructive criticisms etc - on Nigerian issues and global affairs.

I have been a member for over 13 years now. I witnessed the civil old days where discussions were polite, educational and informative. I also witnessed the "great crash" when you lost some of the data and threads of old. But what we are witnessing now with the abusive, uncivilized and quite frankly misinformation that is pervasive now on this platform is abhorring.

The latter would have caused any sane person to leave the platform but Nairaland is more than a platform to us, it is a virtual Nigerian community and its sections represent our diversity.

I am suggesting you create a section or subsection (you may start with politics) where discussions and topics are civil and informative, where ideas are shared, sequence of discussions on threads are logical and constructive criticism thrives. These sections should be aggressively moderated with instant hiding of unruly comments and ban on their proponents.

When I joined Nairaland more than a decade ago I was based abroad and the forum provided me with a medium to feel at home outside home. That is still the case many in diaspora and in fact foreigners still surf the forum, but unfortunately the experience they get does not represent the essence of our society.

I believe it is possible with the team you have but ultimately it is your forum and the choice lies with you and you may choose to do with the forum what you will.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by rusher14: 11:39pm On Apr 02, 2020
Same here.

I was a visitor for a couple of months before joining as a regular but somehow feel betrayed.

It was a forum for intellectual discuss but now, it's just a medium for propaganda, hate, delusion and disinformation.

5 Likes

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by patwilly(m): 11:55pm On Apr 02, 2020
Seun will do nothing. Some of us have been clamouring for this for a few years now. Its the way of things I guess, you just have to live with some things. Unacceptable as they may be.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by nlPoster: 12:11am On Apr 03, 2020
Oh God, the type of people here, especially in certain sections, is just not good.

When I quit this forum they can have it to themselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by delpee(f): 12:24am On Apr 03, 2020
Perhaps a new forum for older and more serious minded people.....

Nairaland had greater minds generating interesting and intelligent discourse back then. Today it’s full of tribal bashing, social media influencers and religious bigotry. It’s most unfortunate indeed.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 03, 2020

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by GamalNasser: 12:34am On Apr 03, 2020
My friend go and open your own forum

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by ijaw1stson: 12:36am On Apr 03, 2020
GamalNasser:
My friend go and open your own forum
he made a point up there. Stop hating

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by Nobody: 12:37am On Apr 03, 2020
if you can't handle the heat, then get out of the kitchen!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by tatatar: 12:40am On Apr 03, 2020
So you want us to stop exposing evil flatinó Igbos and their stupidity undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by tatatar: 12:42am On Apr 03, 2020
Relax
There is no real tribal hatred on nairaland...we are mostly just having fun.Without that life here would be so boring.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by tricksters: 12:42am On Apr 03, 2020
Seun as been paid of by Ipob. He lost it since he employed Ipob as moderator n now they have him by the throat though they are no longing funding the website. Thank God for buahri prompt move against NL on post relating to Biafra.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by rusher14: 12:43am On Apr 03, 2020
tricksters:
Seun as been paid of by Ipob. He lost it since he employed Ipob as moderator n now they have him by the throat though are no longing funding the website. Thank God for buahri prompt move against NL on posting relating to Biafra.

I don't believe this.

3 Likes

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 03, 2020
tatatar:
Relax
There is no real tribal hatred on nairaland...we are mostly just having fun.Without that life here would be so boring.
Exactly!It is just banter.
Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by Bambambiglo: 12:59am On Apr 03, 2020
Why is it buhari supporters that are mostly here wailing? It is you people that brought the disaster upon us and now you're here crying as if you didn't do worse before. My fren gerrarahere

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by Swagahyk(m): 1:17am On Apr 03, 2020
Ordinary Nairaland Seun and his team cannot fix but they will be expecting Buhari and his cabinet to fix Nigeria.
Charity begins at home.
Fix Nairaland, it's breeding hatred among average Nigerians visiting here.
Except you are deriving special energy from these tribal clashes.
#fixNairaland

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by Bonessaw(m): 1:21am On Apr 03, 2020
Seun enjoys the hate because it brings traffic to this site. Money exchanges hands and life goes on. But on the long run, nairaland would give account to the future generations of this country. Did it help fan the embers of disunity and hate? Or did it show patriotism and love.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by edoairways: 1:31am On Apr 03, 2020
tatatar:
Relax
The media has a way of influencing the thought, character and norm of people. Whatever is been posted here is what most persons would use to judge Nigerians. Ask yourself this question, why many Nigerians believed USA was heaven on earth if not what the media portrays? Seun may have his hands tied because this section generate high traffic couple with the fact that hate speech, flights quarrels, sensational headlines generate more revenue for the owners. So seun implement what Saifullah01 ask of, there might be fall in traffic leading to revenue loss.

1 Like

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by edoairways: 1:38am On Apr 03, 2020
Saifullah01 I can bet you on this, Seun will may not consider this request at all. This section and Religion section generates high traffic. Many monikers had complained about Seun favouring Muslim thread using oath allegiance but he didn't respond how much more this that top the sections with high traffic.

7 Likes

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by Nobody: 1:39am On Apr 03, 2020
Swagahyk:
Ordinary Nairaland Seun and his team cannot fix but they will be expecting Buhari and his cabinet to fix Nigeria.
Charity begins at home.
Fix Nairaland, it's breeding hatred among average Nigerians visiting here.
Except you are deriving special energy from these tribal clashes.
#fixNairaland
There is no hate, but banter.
Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by SoNature(m): 1:49am On Apr 03, 2020
While I can never be a partaker of tribalism, I think we are missing a point here.

As a faceless platform, Nairaland truly mirrors that hate, anger and injustice commonly found among the peoples of Nigeria.

All these qualities exist in our people, but we are scared to openly exhibit them because doing so has weighty consequences.

Truth be told, Nigerians wallow in deceit and hypocrisy. And yes, we are well aware that our differences are deep-rooted, so it cannot be wished away.

Like I always say, if Nigeria is still struggling with unity for over 100 years after amalgamation, then there's no point being one country.

Let's stop living in denial: The hate and tribalism on Nairaland reflect the true Nigeria that many of us are not proud to openly exhibit.

Much as I don't see it happening at all, it may take Nigeria centuries to become a united country

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by Saifullah01: 1:50am On Apr 03, 2020
Hmmm!

I understand your varying view points above, eventhough I dont agree with them all. To some the banter is fun, to some the unruly arguments is a reflection of our society and our hypocrisy. While to to others the hate drives traffic. Agreed, I will be guilty of what I oppose if I asked for complete ban of such "normalcy". That's life we cant all be the same.

What I proposed was a different section or subsection in say politics where discussions on policy, issues and global affairs can be held coherently. Our leaders today take us as nothing to write home about that's why we have all these mediocrity all over (physical cash handouts, Eba and egusi handouts) and when a discussion is started on these issues some one is either calling you out based on ethnicity or base on "shift for road if you no want collect".

The new section will mean the young generation can learn from focused and engaging discussions while we also learn what's currently trending on from the main section.

4 Likes

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by Nobody: 3:25am On Apr 03, 2020
Op would you also advise seun on removing the oat for a certain section in religion while another is free for all to comment.

Without equity there can never be justice

4 Likes

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by Gandollaar(f): 3:37am On Apr 03, 2020
rusher14:
Same here.

I was a visitor for a couple of months before joining as a regular but somehow feel betrayed.

It was a forum for intellectual discuss but now, it's just a medium for propaganda, hate, delusion and disinformation.
And you are a major player in the hate and propaganda here.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by Gandollaar(f): 3:44am On Apr 03, 2020
Saifullah01:
Hello Seun,

Your platform is one of - if not the most visited platforms by Nigerians for news, updates, discussions, constructive criticisms etc - on Nigerian issues and global affairs.

I have been a member for over 13 years now. I witnessed the civil old days where discussions were polite, educational and informative. I also witnessed the "great crash" when you lost some of the data and threads of old. But what we are witnessing now with the abusive, uncivilized and quite frankly misinformation that is pervasive now on this platform is abhorring.

The latter would have caused any sane person to leave the platform but Nairaland is more than a platform to us, it is a virtual Nigerian community and its sections represent our diversity.

I am suggesting you create a section or subsection (you may start with politics) where discussions and topics are civil and informative, where ideas are shared, sequence of discussions on threads are logical and constructive criticism thrives. These sections should be aggressively moderated with instant hiding of unruly comments and ban on their proponents.

When I joined Nairaland more than a decade ago I was based abroad and the forum provided me with a medium to feel at home outside home. That is still the case many in diaspora and in fact foreigners still surf the forum, but unfortunately the experience they get does not represent the essence of our society.

I believe it is possible with the team you have but ultimately it is your forum and the choice lies with you and you may choose to do with the forum what you will.
Seun the capitalist would do no such thing.

1 Like

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by Yankee101: 3:53am On Apr 03, 2020
Seun needs to clean up house

The day a competitor comes up (and boys are starting media online easily these days) nairaland will automatically loose value, followership and relevance

Yahoo chat rooms existed before facebook, WhatsApp or Skype. Today it is all but extinct. Sell a stake (investors will give you capital, some cash out and make you situp), strengthen governance and become more professional.

If yahoo messenger can disappear, wetin be nairaland? You really need to sit up.

4 Likes

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by Yankee101: 3:54am On Apr 03, 2020
Seun:
Seun needs to clean up house

1 Like

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by Nobody: 4:52am On Apr 03, 2020
Bambambiglo:
Why is it buhari supporters that are mostly here wailing? It is you people that brought the disaster upon us and now you're here crying as if you didn't do worse before. My fren gerrarahere

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by Fasindo: 4:54am On Apr 03, 2020
h
Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by Nobody: 4:56am On Apr 03, 2020
Saifullah01:
Hmmm!

I understand your varying view points above, eventhough I dont agree with them all. To some the banter is fun, to some the unruly arguments is a reflection of our society and our hypocrisy. While to to others the hate drives traffic. Agreed, I will be guilty of what I oppose if I asked for complete ban of such "normalcy". That's life we cant all be the same.

What I proposed was a different section or subsection in say politics where discussions on policy, issues and global affairs can be held coherently. Our leaders today take us as nothing to write home about that's why we have all these mediocrity all over (physical cash handouts, Eba and egusi handouts) and when a discussion is started on these issues some one is either calling you out based on ethnicity or base on "shift for road if you no want collect".

The new section will mean the young generation can learn from focused and engaging discussions while we also learn what's currently trending on from the main section.
Some of us are only here for the banter. Don't take politics too seriously.
Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by helinues: 6:13am On Apr 03, 2020
Brilliant submission.

I was guest for years before signing up.. Gone are the days of old NL.

BTW, how can any sane person disagree with this submission?

1 Like

Re: Seun! A Proposal Of A New Section. Clear Of Tribalism And Stupidity. by helinues: 6:20am On Apr 03, 2020
SoNature:
While I can never be a partaker of tribalism, I think we are missing a point here.

As a faceless platform, Nairaland truly mirrors that hate, anger and injustice commonly found among the peoples of Nigeria.

All these qualities exist in our people, but we are scared to openly exhibit them because doing so has weighty consequences.

Truth be told, Nigerians wallow in deceit and hypocrisy. And yes, we are well aware that our differences are deep-rooted, so it cannot be wished away.

Like I always say, if Nigeria is still struggling with unity for over 100 years after amalgamation, then there's no point being one country.

Let's stop living in denial: The hate and tribalism on Nairaland reflect the true Nigeria that many of us are not proud to openly exhibit.

Much as I don't see it happening at all, it may take Nigeria centuries to become a united country

This is another perspective that lots of us are missing.

As a faceless platform, Nairaland truly mirrors that hate, anger and injustice commonly found among the peoples of Nigeria

Let's stop living in denial: The hate and tribalism on Nairaland reflect the true Nigeria that many of us are not proud to openly exhibit

God bless you for this

3 Likes

(1) (2)

I Will Campaign Against Obaseki, I'm Not Afraid Of Suspension From PDP - Afegbua / I am Igbos ,I do not Understands The Igbos ? / Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.