Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,551 members, 7,955,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:28 PM

Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku (5024 Views)

Enugu Assembly Says Deputy Governor Must Go for Raising Chickens In Govt. House / Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov / Enugu Assembly Passes Bill Banning Okada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by BetaThings: 8:22am On Dec 31, 2010
http://www.thisdayonline.info/nview.php?id=191067

Former vice-president and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential aspirant, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, yesterday held closed-door meetings with members of Enugu and Anambra States’ houses of assembly in a bid to woo them ahead of the party’s presidential primary on January 13, 2011.

His aspiration, however, received a major boost as the Enugu State House of Assembly specifically endorsed him ahead of President Goodluck Jonathan. The lawmakers described him as the most experienced in the race so far.

Meanwhile, Atiku reiterated his support for the emergence of an Igbo man as the president of the country by 2015, saying that was the only way of putting to an end the fall-outs of the country’s 30-month civil war.

The former vice-president’s campaign train, however, received a major shock as Ebonyi State Governor Martin Elechi reportedly barred them from visiting the state.

He was said to have directed Ebonyi delegates to avoid any meeting with Atiku.
Speaker of Enugu State House of Assembly, Eugene Odoh, who spoke on behalf of other lawmakers during a special session to receive Atiku’s presidential team, said the assembly would go the extra-mile to ensure that they support the course which the former vice-president is currently championing.

“Enugu Assembly will go extra length to show full support to the course which has brought you to the House of Assembly today. You are the most experienced of all aspirants in the race having experienced presidency for eight years. What you have told us today are facts and when we heard of your visit, we decided to turn out in our numbers to receive you. We have been humbled by your wordings, our president-to-be and by the grace of God, you will be there.

“We had you one-on-one and it is my hope that we’ll vote according to our conscience. The Igbo man has conscience and having suffered for this great country, we will not let you down. Members of this house of assembly are courageous. This is one of the houses that voted for the autonomy of the legislature and we know the right thing to do,” Odoh said.
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Rhino5dm: 8:43am On Dec 31, 2010
“Enugu Assembly will go extra length to show full support to the course which has brought you to the House of Assembly today. You are the most experienced of all aspirants in the race having experienced presidency for eight years. What you have told us today are facts and when we heard of your visit, we decided to turn out in our numbers to receive you. We have been humbled by your wordings, our president-to-be and by the grace of God, you will be there.

@ Red bolden
Tufiaaaaakwa! wonders shall never end. how on earth will any reasonable person want Atiku to rule this country?? with the above i don't think our children have any hope or feature . idiosyncrasy!
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by BetaThings: 9:12am On Dec 31, 2010
Rhino.5dm:

@ Red bolden
Tufiaaaaakwa! wonders shall never end. how on earth will any reasonable person want Atiku to rule this country?? with the above i don't think our children have any hope or feature . idiosyncrasy!
How can any reasonable person turn a candidate back from his state. Imagine turning Johnathan back some years back. Shortsighted in my opinion
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by revolt(m): 9:27am On Dec 31, 2010
A good step in the right direction. 2015 igbo presidncy a risk we must take to finally kno our stand in Nigeria.
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Beaf: 9:42am On Dec 31, 2010
Thief worshippers will never ceaze to amaze!

The former vice-president’s campaign train, however, received a major shock as Ebonyi State Governor Martin Elechi reportedly barred them from visiting the state.

He was said to have directed Ebonyi delegates to avoid any meeting with Atiku.

There are still good men in the country. Atiku is a thief.
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 31, 2010
Beaf:

if a thief will give the igbos the presidency come 2015 then so be it cause jonathan had already promised to give the north back power 2015.he has not plans for the igbos.
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Beaf: 10:10am On Dec 31, 2010
chuks01:

if a thief will give the igbos the presidency come 2015 then so be it cause jonathan had already promised to give the north back power 2015.he has not plans for the igbos.

A thief will behave like a thief and only a fool believe a thief. That why the Ebonyi state govt locked him out.
By the way, GEJ has said nothing, because it is not in his power to give out the Presidency.
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Abagworo(m): 10:14am On Dec 31, 2010
This is Nwodo's fault.Nwodo is fighting the Governor who performed well which means the FG is against progress.
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Ddaji(m): 10:22am On Dec 31, 2010
up Enugu state assembly and democrats of south east.Who can compare exprience polititian with local politician like GEJ.
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by BetaThings: 10:31am On Dec 31, 2010
Beaf:

Atiku is not a thief.
Otherwise you are saying that Johnathan (president, commander in chief of the armed forces, appointer of attorney general) does not have the gut to prosecute him. He did it to Ogbulafor with evidence. Let him bring the evidence against Atiku. Otherwise let that camp remain quiet about this matter
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Beaf: 10:33am On Dec 31, 2010
BetaThings:

Atiku is not a thief.
Otherwise you are saying that Johnathan (president, commander in chief of the armed forces, appointer of attorney general) does not have the gut to prosecute him. He did it to Ogbulafor with evidence. Let him bring the evidence against Atiku. Otherwise let that camp remain quiet about this matter

Atiku is a thief. And Presidents don't prosecute. . . But I forgot you are a wrestler, so thinking might be slow. cry
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by blacksta(m): 10:39am On Dec 31, 2010
Beaf:

Jonathan is a thief. Himself and Wife emptied the coffers of the Balesya state. to the tune of 28 Billion Naira. . . But I forgot you are a wrestler, so thinking might be slow. cry. Patience Jonathan still has a pending case of money laundering with EFCC

No be me say am - Na beaf or po mo talk am.
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 31, 2010
Beaf:

Atiku is a thief. And Presidents don't prosecute. . . But I forgot you are a wrestler, so thinking might be slow. cry

beaf i will like to know wat geo political zone you are from in this country before i comment on you.
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Beaf: 11:00am On Dec 31, 2010
chuks01:

beaf i will like to know wat geo political zone you are from in this country before i comment on you.

It shouldn't matter.
Would geo political zone make me more or less Nigerian? We need to live such primitive considerations behind.
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Vigilante: 11:05am On Dec 31, 2010
@Beaf - your geo political zone does not matter? But your man is jumping from one ZONE to the other getting endorsed.
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Beaf: 11:09am On Dec 31, 2010
Vigilante:

@Beaf - your geo political zone does not matter? But your man is jumping from one ZONE to the other getting endorsed.

If ethnic bigotry and sectionalism are so right to you, why don't you tell chuks01 your geo-political zone so he can comment on you? Ode!
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Vigilante: 11:14am On Dec 31, 2010
@Beaf

Come back from the moon. Even the prodigal son was warmly received.
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 31, 2010
beaf, i wont vote for jonathan, can you imagine how many promises he has promised the likes of ANENIH,DABOH well known criminals thats supporting him? if he gets there, he will be paying back with our resources and that will be another 4 years waste, i cab bet you that he is going to clash with his GODFATHERS if he win but i doubt he is going to WIN.but if he does, you beaf will come back to nairaland to regret why you endorsed him cause he will fail you and the entire NATION. THIS IS FACT
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Akainzo(m): 12:01pm On Dec 31, 2010
Beaf:

It shouldn't matter.
Would geo political zone make me more or less Nigerian? We need to live such primitive considerations behind.

In that case, as geo political zone doesn't make one more or less a Nigerian, I'd expect that you do not support MEND and proclaim that oil is from one zone as it is now a Nigerian commodity and can be used to develop Abuja, Sokoto or Maiduguri.
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Akainzo(m): 12:05pm On Dec 31, 2010
BetaThings:

How can any reasonable person turn a candidate back from his state. Imagine turning Johnathan back some years back. Shortsighted in my opinion

How can a reasonable person not support a man that has been investigated by the nation's anti-corruption agency and the agency couldn't find a case against him in court.
How can a reasonable person not support a man that spent it resources to ensure that the courts made it clear that INEC has no powers to disqualify any aspirant.
[i]How can a reasonable person not suppor[/i]t a man that risked his life on the side of progressives to ensure that people like GEJ that supported Third Term did not have their way.
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by BetaThings: 1:18pm On Dec 31, 2010
Beaf:

Actually it is your thinking that is slow. How did Johnathan get rid of Ogbulafor? How did Obasanjo do in Sunday Afolabi, Dr Okwesilieze Nwodo (Johnathan's beloved PDP chairman), Osuji, Bolaji Osomo, Wabara?
Seems Johnathan does not have evidence that Atiku is a thief or he is enmeshed in corruption himself. I think it is true then that he has cleaned out! Actually that asset declaration that Johnathan is frantically hiding is a give away!

Let him explain how he made his N266? million
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Barkono: 1:56pm On Dec 31, 2010
onyegaemel:
its only propaganda no right thinking onye igbo will endorse atiku , and there are a lot of right thinking igbo people in enugu, the history of nigeria is filled with appeasing muslim northerners, and they have misused their chances which was given to them by the british , by always presenting crippled people to rule nigeria, balewa a british plant, gowon too young and planless, murtala a bank robber and a jihadist, shehu shagari a study into ineptitude, buhari a tribalist, jihadist and planless, babangida the father of all nigerias corruption and a serial murderer, abacha a serial murderer, abubakar smart but was busy robbing us blind, yar,adua was planless had opportunity but allowed wife and ethnic bias to derail him will be remembered as baba go slow, as for atiku he should be in jail for decades of looting nigeria blind, jonathan is the man his fresh and a minority at least for the ist time in nigeria everyone will be at same level and that is whalt ndi igbo want at least we are not afraid of healthy competition, nigeria will grow only when everyone has a chance to be somebody not some clowns hiding behind, royalty, nobleblood which actually is another name for those who collaborate with our foriegn oppressors be it from the wes :ot or the east. onyegaemel
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Barkono: 2:01pm On Dec 31, 2010
@ onyegaemel,
It's really amazing how bad you feel, just because one state house of assembly has endorse your enemy candidate out of the 36 houses of assembly that endorses GEJ. What has muslims/religion got to do with this?
The series of endorsement in the core/muslim states of the north/south western state of Oyo for your man friday,is it not democracy at play?KMT. Have you ever cared to scan through those in the bandwagon of GEJ must stay? Did you ever care to check where GEJ's campaign coordinator, Dr. Dalhatu Sarki Tafida is from?OMG.
No wonder it is commonly said in some quarters in the north that a southerner is only wise but senseless.
BTW, the coup plotters you mentioned in your opening paragraph,learnt the trade from an Igbo renegade, one Major Chukwuma Nzeogwu. Tell me amongst all of them, who went there to serve our immediate constituencies? They became courageous at the expense of their lives. They became heroes, not to us, but to their folks in the army.
Amongst them, if I should educate you, Gowon is a minority/christian, Murtala is half Edo muslim, Babangida is a minority Gwari/Gbagi, Abacha is a minority Kanuri. Therfore, nine years of Gowon, plus eight years of Babangida, plus five years of Abacha, and one year of GEJ which is equal twenty six years of minority rule.
Now, the question is, where does Ndigbos, the originators of the military coups stand?
I would also like to educate you that the British, gave the Northerners the first shot to rule Nigeria,not out of sympathy, but because they did not met them  in hamlets/scattered huts. They came, and  saw an established institutions. They met resistance, yes, but their firepower was bigger and stronger.
Atiku is better in terms of experience, than your "foul air". Atiku and GEJ are the reason why we are comatose in this country. Yes Atiku stole, but he plough back his loots into the economy. Take a look at his interests/investments. The second largest employer in River state. Fact. Twenty percent of the labour is Intel services Ltd., is  Ndigbo. Fact. His campaign train is more Ndigbo than GEJ's. His economic team is more Ndigbo than GEJ's. He brought in people like Okonjo Iweala, Madam "due process", Soludo, Akunyili etc to limelight.Fact.
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 31, 2010
barkono are you confused? who are you against and who are you for? i dont understand your posts.
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Barkono: 2:33pm On Dec 31, 2010
Chuks01, the first is from @ onyegaemel sorry for the mix up. I am for Atiku, the better thief.
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by BetaThings: 2:34pm On Dec 31, 2010
The Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) accused the late minister (Sunday Ogbulafor) of receiving $330,000 from a representative of SAGEM S. A. of France, the contractors handling the National ID Card project.

Others charged along with him were former Minister of Labour and Productivity, Alhaji Hussein Akwanga, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ms Turi Akerele, former National Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo; former Minister of State for Internal Affairs, Dr. Mohammed Shata and SAGEM S. A. representative in Nigeria, Mr. Niyi Adelakun.

http://www.nigerianmuse.com/important_documents/?u=ID_corruption_saga.htm

This is the person that Johnathan appointed as chairman of PDP in place of Ogbulafor. Why? No honest person in PDP or he wants somebody who would be beholden to him
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by BetaThings: 2:37pm On Dec 31, 2010
Barkono:

Chuks01, the first is from @ onyegaemel sorry for the mix up. I am for Atiku, the better thief.

Put the Onyegaemel statement in quote. BTW where did you get that quote from? It is not on this page!
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Nsiman(m): 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2010
Is enugu not part of ohaneaeze ndigbo, What happens to gej's endorsement?
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by Barkono: 2:47pm On Dec 31, 2010
Chuks01, it was a mixed up. It is in the general section, not the politics.
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by daroz(m): 3:37pm On Dec 31, 2010
Akainzo:

How can a reasonable person not support a man that has been investigated by the nation's anti-corruption agency and the agency couldn't find a case against him in court.
How can a reasonable person not support a man that spent it resources to ensure that the courts made it clear that INEC has no powers to disqualify any aspirant.
[i]How can a reasonable person not suppor[/i]t a man that risked his life on the side of progressives to ensure that people like GEJ that supported Third Term did not have their way.

and u think he did all these for u and me? No!!! Atiku did it for himself in other to clinch the presidency, selfish battle. angry angry angry
Is it not the same yaradua he took to court 3years ago that  he is not trying to complete his 8years? Is it not the same PDP that he accused of massive coruption and lacking internal democracy he is now trying to represent again? Look, the only way I would have taken Atiku serious is if he had not returned to PDP. He would have just remained in AC, this would have been his best chance to clinch his most dream, being a president of Nigeria
His is a big fool. After insulting Obj with all he had, he still went ahead to be kneeling b4 him at ota farm so he can return to PDP.HE IS A VERY BIG GOAT
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by BetaThings: 3:46pm On Dec 31, 2010
daroz:

and u think he did all these for u and me? No!!! Atiku did it for himself in other to clinch the presidency, selfish battle. angry angry angry
Is it not the same yaradua he took to court 3years ago that he is not trying to complete his 8years? Is it not the same PDP that he accused of massive coruption and lacking internal democracy he is now trying to represent again? Look, the only way I would have taken Atiku serious is if he had not returned to PDP. He would have just remained in AC, this would have been his best chance to clinch his most dream, being a president of Nigeria
His is a big fool. After insulting Obj with all he had, he still went ahead to be kneeling b4 him at ota farm so he can return to PDP.HE IS A VERY BIG
Did you call Ukiwe a fool after he insulted IBB and Abacha?
Zoning is to a zone, not to a person. Otherwise you cannot impeach the person. He is trying to complete the 2 term zoned to the North. Don't let us confuse that.
BTW are you taking Nwodo serious? Because he too decamped from PDP and came back.
Is calling people fools a habit?
Re: Enugu Assembly Endorse Atiku by aljharem11(m): 4:07pm On Dec 31, 2010
@ op

well cry cry cry cry sad

beaf,,,, atiku and jonathan are the samething,,, jonathan is a product of OBJ

atiku was obj's vp

i think they are the same,,,can you all vote for pat utomi or some else undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? / Boko Haram: An Agenda Against The North, Hausa/fulani And Islam By Aminu Sarki / Save Rivers Movement Sensitized Rally By APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.