Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says (82364 Views)

Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Is Building First Cable Bridge In South-South Nigeria (Photos) / Abba Kyari Tried To Clean Up Nigeria, Says The Economist Of London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2020
fuckpro:

This is where Igbo people kill themselves, which one be federal road is it not used mainly by your people
This attitude was made nonsense of by Mr transformer Gov Godswill Akpabio he constructed all roads federal or state and Akwaibomites are better for it

Use your brain

if a federal road passes in front of the Governors house
i bet they would repair in less than 48 hours
clowns lying to themselves
federal road, federal road

Na Buhari dey useam?

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 03, 2020
iWasNotHere:
State of Sodom and Gomorrah.
Which one be Sodom and Gomorrah again? chai
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Blackking98(m): 9:49pm On Apr 03, 2020
Farki:

Well gas isn't free or immune to market manipulation. If they had another source of power which does not require the additional infrastructure that extraction and distribution of gas does they could save money and export the gas for profit.

Although these are all things that could happen not exactly will happen. Someone more qualified than I am would have to plan it out.
I think States like Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa wouldn't have light problems if every state produces and uses 100% of the power it produces because even if udom builds ten gas stations now he'll have to send the power first to national grid then they cut small and send it back to Akwa Ibom,but unfortunately whether north east south or west everybody must first send to National grid and then States that produce next to nothing in the power sector drag everybody behind plus the corruption and infrastructure issues plaguing the power sector in Nigeria will make power sufficiency a mirage for now.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by SyrusdeHansome(m): 9:50pm On Apr 03, 2020
lawalosky:
Clean but why do mehn rape there fellow men in that region,,, imagine one tout calling me "pretty boi" pretty boy killu and your generation there

Fool!
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Ndipe(m): 9:50pm On Apr 03, 2020
This is nice.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by majamajic(m): 9:52pm On Apr 03, 2020
michealdeco:
yeah ABA is Soo dirty we just manage to survive

No environmental day for Aba ? Lagos does every Thursday
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by fuckpro: 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2020
AsomughaChuks05:
What will attract people to Akwa-Ibom is not neatness but availability of job opportunities. Right now, it's just civil service and church, church, church everywhere with pockets of pure water producers here and there. Not forgetting that betnaija is also a big industry in that state.

It has the best yogurt product in the market
Even nafdac attest to this
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Farki: 9:59pm On Apr 03, 2020
Blackking98:
I think States like Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa wouldn't have light problems if every state produces and uses 100% of the power it produces because even if udom builds ten gas stations now he'll have to send the power first to national grid then they cut small and send it back to Akwa Ibom,but unfortunately whether north east south or west everybody must first send to National grid and then States that produce next to nothing in the power sector drag everybody behind plus the corruption and infrastructure issues plaguing the power sector in Nigeria will make power sufficiency a mirage for now.

That is a great point I didn't consider before. This arrangement makes it harder for states to develop organically because some states are acting as economic and infrastructural life supports for others.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by fuckpro: 10:00pm On Apr 03, 2020
Blackking98:
Fulani federalism its what we must endure
till a saner president and federal legislators do away with the nonsense

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Blackking98(m): 10:03pm On Apr 03, 2020
Farki:

That is a great point I didn't consider before. This arrangement makes it harder for states to develop organically because some states are acting as economic and infrastructural life supports for others.
the Nigerian power sector needs a complete over hauling and revolution for it to succeed, too much centralisation is not helping, throwing more money at it for now won't take us where we want to be. Generally Nigeria needs a overhauling,too many things hinged at the center for a massive country of over 200mill people and hundreds of ethnic groups with different religion and it's not favourable, unfortunately those enjoying from the fraudulent arrangement are ready to spill blood so it remains status quo.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Blackking98(m): 10:05pm On Apr 03, 2020
fuckpro:

Fulani federalism its what we must endure
till a saner president and federal legislators do away with the nonsense
we need a Messiah in the actual Sense. Someone who doesn't have godfather's so he won't be scared of anyone or group. Those enjoying from the current fraudulent arrangement are ready to kill to ensure it remains status quo
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Uniquekriss(m): 10:21pm On Apr 03, 2020
Immediately I saw this post my mind went to Akwa Ibom, I had my NYSC there and I can attest.
Akwa Ibom ayaya

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by teemswest(m): 10:34pm On Apr 03, 2020
True that was the first state on my mind

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Deyemz(f): 10:39pm On Apr 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Bruno3000(m): 10:47pm On Apr 03, 2020
Ok. Chilax. Its just a conversation.
fuckpro:

Stop all this promiscuity nonsense

The brothels in the whole Akwaibom is not up to half of a place like oshodi and that's a fact

The girls aren't promiscuous or their men would have married from outside most don't,rather your
Men come here to "steal" grin our girls ask Desmond Eliot,Adeleke clan.
Are Akwaibom women more promiscuous than Edo state women,even to the point of servicing a whole country if not Continent single handedly

The cultisim thing another urban myth
Cultisim and crime go hand in glove
Yet you can walk the street of Uyo browsing the net and have peace of mind you won't get robbed
Go try that in Port Harcourt and see Netflix unfold.

TRY USING YOUR BRAIN WHEN NEXT YOU COMMENT, IT SERVES A PURPOSE
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by lebete3000: 10:55pm On Apr 03, 2020
iammo:
cool

Akwa ibom , Calabar... Efik, Anang, Ibibio , Oron , Ogoja and their other tribe ....

best women, best soup and very neat environment...

As an Ibadan man, at some point dated two, they were trained to be goddess and wives , my friend married one and the wedding was something else (note we paid good bride price) , food and liquor rolled in, they served food without boundaries of husband family vs wife family.. women drank men drank, happiness was everywhere .. it was one thing my mind got stucked with

That guy's dick go dey always shout halleluyah every night. Those babes no dey use prick play...

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by realstars: 11:27pm On Apr 03, 2020
Akwaibom Is Clean And Peacful.

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Dedetwo(m): 11:42pm On Apr 03, 2020
mtinfx:

Clean-Up Nigeria has rated Akwa Ibom State as the cleanest state in Nigeria beating the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) by two per cent.

In a statement, Clean-Up Nigeria, said the ratings submitted by the National Technical Study Group (NTSG) showed that Akwa Ibom State scored 68 per cent, followed by Abuja with 66 per cent.

NTSG National Coordinator, Secretary, Ene Baba Owoh, noted that the report covered January 2018 to last December.

According to the report, “In 2019, the Study Group comprised 15 members who were split into seven teams comprising two persons per team for each geo-political zone, while the five international partners and the NTSG carried out verification tours around the nation to monitor and re-evaluate earlier scores submitted by each study team. The team rotated every quarter of the year for the six geo-political zones of the country.”

As the results have shown, Akwa Ibom State in South-south Nigeria has emerged the Cleanest State for last year, while FCT emerge the Cleanest City.

Last year, five states scored were named clean, compared only three states the previous year.

The practice of open defecation in all the thirty-six states of the Federation and FCT is still very alarming and calls for increased knowledge of sanitation and hygiene to meet the MDG-target by 2025, it is noteworthy that the federal government of Nigeria in 2019 signed an MOU to increase both funding and education to combat open defecation. In the month of February Nigeria was declared the number one country in the world that leads in open defecation.

https://thenationonlineng.net/akwa-ibom-is-cleanest-state/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

It's really clean though

What you thinking
For things? cool

Since the study is performed by "Clean-Up Nigeria" supposedly by Nigerians, I regard the result a basement joke. Trust anything Nigeria as your peril.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by ChaoHendrix: 12:00am On Apr 04, 2020
cheesy
Israellionel:

You Again! cheesy
[center]
Israellionel:

You Again! cheesy
[/center]
Israellionel:

You Again! cheesy
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by McTobe(m): 12:09am On Apr 04, 2020
As a Resident I can affirm that result. The first thing I noticed as I moved to Akwa Ibom years back was that every compound still observe the regular sweeping of compound as it was practiced in the villages those days. I mean from the highbrow part of the city to the rural people keep their environment clean plus the state government is doing their best to keep the state clean.
THE ABOVE IS TRUE: I live in Uyo & I am not Akwa Ibomite so I don’t have any reason to be biased... AKWA ABASI IBOM IS NOW MY SECOND HOME.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by JayPeeOham: 12:23am On Apr 04, 2020
mtinfx:

Same cross river that refused our daughter chief judge?

So much for mothers undecided
Cross river is just the case of friends become enemies and since Duke left, the state has been ruled by clowns like the ones that just bounced our daughter from her right in the judiciary.
Calabar is not pothole ridden. Roads leading to cross river all collapsed
Night club governor
Clown who spends money on bill board while the once glorious calabar is now heading to slum status ruled by cultists

That proves the saying that a child shall be greater than the parents tongue

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by McTobe(m): 12:24am On Apr 04, 2020
Bros I live in Akwa Ibom and I admit that it is the cleanest and it has good road network and also I am from Anambra and I can tell you that Anambra State have better road compare to Akwa Ibom. This going by City by City comparison and LGA by LGA, Urban area to Urban Area. You have to move around at least 2/3 of the LGAs in Anambra to go into that comparative analysis
mtinfx:

For someone who travels through anambra a lot
Onitsha is hell for a start. Good road networks on the outskirts
But not comparable to akwa ibom on a large scale

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by McTobe(m): 12:34am On Apr 04, 2020
grin wait until you visit Aba, then you will know that Edo is not a Dirty State.
Wettoid123:

The truth is bitter take it or leave it edo state is the dirtiest state in Nigeria I have been there so I was not told maybe the madness has fallen on you already that is why you dont know if your state is dirty I believe you are one of those men at kings square.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by McTobe(m): 12:38am On Apr 04, 2020
So who will you prefer to carry out the assessment? Plus you are a Nigerian so we should not trust you? A lot of people are still very upright, principled and straightforward in this ugly picture called Nigeria no matter how insignificant the number.
Dedetwo:

Since the study is performed by "Clean-Up Nigeria" supposedly by Nigerians, I regard the result a basement joke. Trust anything Nigeria as your peril.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by sammyranking(m): 1:00am On Apr 04, 2020
horpeyemmi66:
Oyo can never make first 20.

Oke Mapo
Kudeti (Too dirty)
Bere
Oje
Iwo Road
Ojoo
Idi Ito
Idi Arere

Oyo would be number 36th
Olorunshogo very dirty
Iwo road excessively dirty.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by ayorhmeeday(m): 1:09am On Apr 04, 2020
What if I told you that even with this Pandemic that has suddenly affected the current global economy, you can still conveniently earn at least #1000 per day, all from the comfort of your home.

You get paid straight into your bank account for installing an app, and for referring people to install Thesame app.

Payment is instant

You do not have to wait to reach any threshold before you can withdraw your money.

You can withdraw your very first earning and leave if you so desire. check the link in my signature for more details.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by leicestercamper: 7:12am On Apr 04, 2020
But why are almost 80% of AKWAIBOM people living in Port Harcourt where they do houseboy/househelp/security man/ashawo , etc. and all other odd jobs.

I think AKWAIBOM should focus all its efforts on human capital development first.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Jegiosowor(f): 7:35am On Apr 04, 2020
Blackking98:
Lol no be small. Outside Calabar please where in Cross river is as developed as ikot ekpene or eket or itam or abak. Y'all are running a one city state, it's pretty much vice versa. Learn from us.
First picture ikot ekpene and second one eket. If you can't provide photos of ikom or ugep or akampa rest grin

1 and 2
Ikom
3 Obudu
4 Akamkpa Town

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by BlackTrice: 8:05am On Apr 04, 2020
Sirmuel1:
We want Buhari to address us again. We are bored.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by rollingrocks: 8:07am On Apr 04, 2020
leicestercamper:
But why are almost 80% of AKWAIBOM people living in Port Harcourt where they do houseboy/househelp/security man/ashawo , etc. and all other odd jobs.

I think AKWAIBOM should focus all its efforts on human capital development first.

Shut up your dirty mouth there if you have nothing to say. The population of Akwa Ibom is quite large and there can be found in most parts of Nigeria like any other tribes involved in high , medium and low levels in many sectors of the economy like banking, construction, oil and gas (thats why you find them in PH for example),etc. They must not all live in Akwa Ibom. Dont you see other tribes in PH? By the way, talking about househelps ashawo as you mentioned , i see them too and guess what they are from all tribes in Nigeria, hausa, yoruba, igbo, ijaw, name it. For you to type this crap here because you are jealous and very bitter that Akwa Ibom is indeed the cleanest state in Nigeria shows that you have the IQ of a slug.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by leicestercamper: 8:10am On Apr 04, 2020
No be fight but calm down and answer these questions quietly.

What's population of AKWAIBOM state?

Why are AKWAIBOM people always running away from their state only to do this sort of jobs in another state- houseboy/househelp/security man/ashawo , etc. and all other odd jobs.

Ofcourse, AKWAIBOM should be clean because there's virtually no one in the state to constitute dirt. Do you expect Lagos to be clean?

rollingrocks:

Shut up your dirty mouth there if you have nothing to say. The population of Akwa Ibom is quite large and there can be found in most parts of Nigeria like any other tribes involved in high , medium and low levels in many sectors of the economy like banking, construction, oil and gas (thats why you find them in PH for example),etc. They must not all live in Akwa Ibom. Dont you see other tribes in PH? By the way, talking about househelps ashawo as you mentioned , i see them too and guess what they are from all tribes in Nigeria, hausa, yoruba, igbo, ijaw, name it. For you to type this crap here because you are jealous and very bitter that Akwa Ibom is indeed the cleanest state in Nigeria shows that you have the IQ of a slug.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Fresh #EndSARS Protest At Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos - AIT / Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) / Was Colonialism Good For Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.