Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order (27477 Views)

All Churches Should Close Before 9am Today To Enable Members Go To The Bank / Social Distancing At MFM Church In Aba Today (Photos) / Social Distancing In Delta: My Church Worship Service Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by valirex: 8:39am On Apr 05, 2020
Churches are obeying it while mosques continue to open especially in the north
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Iyiataata92: 8:39am On Apr 05, 2020
tomju:

A mosque in Agege held just prayers during lockdown and they were promptly dispersed and the leaders arrested. Stop peddling false information and cause religious hatred.
There is no justification for civil disobedience. The church of God is not a building but in you.
Stop justifying what is wrong. Stay at home is not a punishment, it's a precaution. If anyone or organised religion decides to put her own members at risk, should you also put yours?
Wisdom is profitable to direct. The is a lion on the loose from the zoo. The government just announce no one should walk a particular street until the lion is captured and tamed. You say no na lie. We are anointed men of God, Daniel stopped the mouth of lion blah blah blah, then you led your members on revival into that same street, uncle Lion go chop una sara. That's a willful act of disobedience. The prudent sees danger, then conceals himself. That is from proverbs. Happy Sunday everyone. Remember God hears us from anywhere. Keep praying. Be blessed.
Trash!!!
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by lomprico(m): 8:39am On Apr 05, 2020
only churches that are only after profits are flaunting the law.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by AuroraB(f): 8:40am On Apr 05, 2020
My Landlord still goes to Church. He's a Pastor of the RCCG
What do you guys have against Muslims on this undecided
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by fairview: 8:40am On Apr 05, 2020
There is no need for all these arguments. The two religions have done more harm than unity in this part of the world.

This our generation with higher number if educated follows should not allow this to swallow our reasoning elements.

The govt have said it. But whether u are Muslim or Christian, are u ready to mingle with others in the name of worshipping in the church or mosque?

The social distancing is a global a device against this pandemics and all social media have been active in passing this information.

But with our exposure and education as a generation, you can call your church or mosque members to hold the service.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Oluromantic: 8:42am On Apr 05, 2020
Chris2863:

You are the greatest fool I have ever seen
You're not useful to yourself

4 Likes

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by kem3628: 8:43am On Apr 05, 2020
f4mr86902r
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by fairview: 8:45am On Apr 05, 2020
valirex:
Churches are obeying it while mosques continue to open especially in the north

Do u have the evidence. As a Christian bible is against lie. Share the evidence here for everybody to see. You can call your congregation and pastor to hold service but I will never listen to such call from G.O
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:45am On Apr 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

I recently read about a mosque in Agege which was shut down by the government of Lagos for flouting the social distancing order. I don't know about any other mosque disobeying the order.

But if Muslims want to expose themselves to the deadly virus, so be it. That doesn't mean Christians should do same.
Then you should have just advised Christians instead of attacking Pastors. When will you so-called Christians get sense that attacking pastors on SM brings Christianity into more disrepute. How many times have you seen imams being attacked on SM by Muslims? Right now, a lot of mosques conduct evening prayers in large groups all over the north. Have you seen any Muslim come out to castigate them?

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by cpmconsultingltd: 8:45am On Apr 05, 2020
THREE ANCIENT DEMONS THAT STILL OPERATES TODAY Watch the video and stay alert.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDjiEBKyNZU
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by kem6845: 8:47am On Apr 05, 2020
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 05, 2020
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:47am On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
i'm a Christian let's say the truth. There are more cases of churches closed for flaunting the government sit at home order than mosques.

Infact, there were more pastors arrested than imams for this disobedience.

Because it's easier to arrest pastors. The docility of Christians is well established that's why Pastors can be arrested easily. All over the north, evening prayers are still being held in mosques. Why have the imams not being arrested?

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by NaijaMutant(f): 8:47am On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
i'm a Christian let's say the truth. There are more cases of churches closed for flaunting the government sit at home order than mosques.

Infact, there were more pastors arrested than imams for this disobedience.

Slowpoke Christian

Who has bewitched you

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Valmekyz: 8:48am On Apr 05, 2020
UBA.
Anything can help please.
I wouldn't ask if I don't need it.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by AgentNairaland(f): 8:48am On Apr 05, 2020
Jimmyubah2:

Brainwashed niggers.

Let's See who is BRAINWASHED..

Qur'an, Surah 30: Al Rum 17

"SO (GIVE) GLORY TO ALLAH, WHEN YE REACH EVENTIDE AND WHEN YE RISE IN THE MORNING;" 18 "YEA,TO HIM BE PRAISE, IN THE HEAVENS AND
ON EARTH; AND IN THE LATE AFTERNOON AND WHEN THE DAY BEGINS TO DECLINE."

These verses only mention four prayers as directed by allah.. Muhammad in hadith BRAINWASHED you slaves, kicked against this directives, asked you to pray FIVE TIMES a day...

Secondly :

Surah An-Nisa [4:3] - Al-Qur'an al-Kareem

And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one or those your right hand possesses. That is more suitable that you may not incline [to injustice].

allah said you should marry maximum of FOUR wives, Muhammad kicked against the directive and commandment of allah as he MARRIED over TEN WIVES.. Muhammad brainwashed you as usual that you can marry up to 10 wives.. Can you now see how STUPID you are with your bloody religion.. JUST THINK ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by BABANGBALI: 8:49am On Apr 05, 2020
How about mosalasi jimoh?
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Moschinochimma: 8:49am On Apr 05, 2020
Codes151:
i should go to mosque and post pictures?

Didn't you hear of what happened at Agege here in Lagos, that they chased off all the officers. I am not supporting the fact that churches should open...go to the north and do Ur findings.. anyway let's see things as one instead of behaving like religious fanatics...one love

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Amanda4life: 8:50am On Apr 05, 2020
Tell mosques.

Churches are obeying at large, and they make no issues out of it
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:52am On Apr 05, 2020
johnmattew:
the only mosque in my area has been on lockdown even b4 the lockdown began....but the churches in my area ,even 5he one owned by my neighbour are still having services
All over the north, mosques are opened and prayers ongoing everyday.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by maolah: 8:52am On Apr 05, 2020
I think bible taught them to disobey? Or maybe because church is buisness center!
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by AgainstIslam(f): 8:53am On Apr 05, 2020
johnmattew:
the only mosque in my area has been on lockdown even b4 the lockdown began....but the churches in my area ,even 5he one owned by my neighbour are still having services

Which state so as to know you are not lying.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:54am On Apr 05, 2020
Iyiataata92:
where is your area?

I can assure you he's lying. He's a Muslim. Don't be served by his moniker
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by kem3812: 8:54am On Apr 05, 2020
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by LEBEfirstson: 8:54am On Apr 05, 2020
CHURCH, ISLAM... THE ONLY PROBLEM WE HAVE IN NIGERIA!!! I DON'T KNOW ABOUT OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD. TUEH!!
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Norabay(f): 8:55am On Apr 05, 2020
Some church in my area, are still holding church service.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:56am On Apr 05, 2020
smeag0l:
When I see Christian's argue on things like this, I shake my head in dismay. That all the churches in Nigeria are shutdown while all mosques still hold their services still doesnt make it right for churches to keep holding services. The government passed a regulation for all public places to be shutdown in order to contain the corona virus contagion. Any pastor or imam who disobeys this is committing sin in my opinion because obedience to constituted authorities is clear in both the bible and Quran. That religious leader can even be charged to court for manslaughter if be reason of him congregating people, some become infected and die of the virus. I also dont see anything antagonistic of the christian faith in OP's post.

Quote where it is in the Quran to obey constituted authorities
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by mvem(m): 8:56am On Apr 05, 2020
BeerParlour:
No Imam have been arrested since the lockdown but Pastors have been arrested, members flogged.

Muslims in Benue Jos and Bauchi pray at mosques and dare the police to arrest them.

Muslims in Katsina attacked and burnt an entire police station, including all their vehicles in the station, just because police were trying to prevent them from praying at mosques.

Federal government shares money in the North while police and military are extorting and killing Christians in the South.
which Christians were killed in the South. In the North no church is banned from opening. You have to understand that the total lockdown is not in all states and it depends on the state governor. The lockdown is tougher in the south because we have more cases there. Moreover the imam of that katsina problem was arrested and another in Kaduna. Stop watching those what'sapp videos depicting people killed for it is fake.The only known death happened to a civilian in Delta and it was unfortunate.Please no one is targeting Christians because even those soldiers you see on the road in Lagos etc are also Christians. Total lockdown is not enforced in all states...as I speak to you many churches in the north are free to hold service same as Mosques...I think it is when new cases are found in those states that the state Gov might implement tougher measures in some northern states...This is not a Muslim vs Christian thing...Those States having total lockdown bans all gathering, whether Jumua prayer or Sunday Service

2 Likes

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by ELEYINJUANU(m): 8:56am On Apr 05, 2020
The government is fooling the people, if truly our government is after the safety of people and not selves interest, why are markets not close? Market is saved where people can't be affected ?
People forget the bible that said you should obey the authority is the one saying you should not neglected the gathering of the saint. God cherish the service of His people, He told Pharaoh let my people go that they may serve me. Let us run for the wrath of God.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by freeman500: 8:57am On Apr 05, 2020
otunbabadok:

Funny how many of you carry the book about without reading it. It is safe to say you guys believe that book in part. What does your Bible say in the book of Romans chapter 13 verse 1?
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God [granted by His permission and sanction], and those which exist have been put in place by God. Therefore whoever resists [governmental] authority resists the ordinance of God. And those who have resisted it will bring judgment (civil penalty) on themselves.
Romans 13:1‭-‬2 AMP
https://bible.com/bible/1588/rom.13.1-2.AMP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? / T.B Joshua's Prophecy About North And South Korea Reconciliation In 2014 (Video) / Escoba Smith Gifts Pastor 2018 Toyota Landcruiser (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.