Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order (27469 Views)

All Churches Should Close Before 9am Today To Enable Members Go To The Bank / Social Distancing At MFM Church In Aba Today (Photos) / Social Distancing In Delta: My Church Worship Service Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Ferdinandu(m): 10:44am On Apr 05, 2020
Iyiataata92:
OP, Churches have closed down while Mosques continue to hold services. Are you not still ok with that?
What more do you hold against Churches?
My friend don't be an imp. Don't bring religious division into everything. Any well informed Muslim or Christian don't go near any religious gathering.it is only the wrongly indoctrinated illiterates that does that. All major mosques and churches here in Abuja are closed. The minor ones that are open then the task force has not gotten them.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Ijawwomaninoyo: 10:46am On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
ok!
But there are more Christian pastors arrested yes or no?

That's hypocritical! They are avoiding the violent ones. Have you seen the pictures of any body being posted online running tortured centres in the North?
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Christianvoice: 10:46am On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
post a link of any mosque you know that has opened on any of these Fridays you can't.
Mosques in Nasarawa State precisely International market park Mararaba is holding prayers. Go to other places of the northern Imams are conducting prayers. Last Friday there was a post from Bauchi. You are not supposed to even oppose the church with your post. Stop it to avoid the wrath of God. Churches have become platforms for you to shine in social media. Oga stop that .I have been observing your posts recently it all about church church.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Pastorayojide(f): 10:47am On Apr 05, 2020
Markets that don't have gates and the crowd can hardly be controlled is opened from 10am to 2 pm, it offers physical food then church that offers spritual food is shut down. Hope and answer lies in God. Crowds going into churches can easily be sanitize and screen than thoes in the market. All suburb market of abuja is functioning at its peak. I STAND WITH CHRISTIANS THAT SAYS NO TO CHURCH BAN.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by smeag0l(m): 10:51am On Apr 05, 2020
That verse isnt talking about just the congregationbut includes the government
Agboriotejoye:

Those in charge among you? What if the person in charge is not among
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by paxonel(m): 10:54am On Apr 05, 2020
Thelife:

I guess you are not on nairaland or you choose to turn blind eyes and come here to claim Christian. Dummy. Why don't you show us any imam that have been arrested so far, just of recently a news on front page said that bauchi mosques are still open, and this one is still talking trash, or you don't read the Benue central mosques that was open on naira land, I guess the kastina that burn down a whole police station at Christian. Foolish being
what is paining you?
Is it that you are at home on Sunday you cannot got to church that is paining you? grin

I say post link, stop talking on your own.
You might be saying the truth but you have to come with proofs otherwise there is nothing Christian about you.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by paxonel(m): 10:56am On Apr 05, 2020
NaijaMutant:

[s]Slowpoke Christian

Who has bewitched you [/s]
you think everyone is fundamentalistic Christian like you?
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Cantonese: 10:57am On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
post a link of any mosque you know that has opened on any of these Fridays you can't.

Olodo oshi. And you want to claim not to have read that all the mosques in Bauchi held jumat prayers at full capacity last friday. Or you did not read of the burning of a police station and cars in Katsina. You did not hear of the incident in Agege leading to the closing of the Agege mosque.

Your head like bricklayer pan there. Muntula.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by paxonel(m): 10:57am On Apr 05, 2020
blowjohn:

What are u saying. It was reported here on nairaland how mosques in bauchi flouted the order
I'm not doubting you.
I say post a link
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by onyxo76(m): 11:00am On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
https://www.nairaland.com/5773298/friday-prayers-hold-bauchi-mosques
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by paxonel(m): 11:00am On Apr 05, 2020
Jimmyubah2:

That is true. In the North where I live, churches are closed but mosques are operating like no man's business.
is that so?
We will like you to take a secret shot and screen shot it here next time you see a thing like that.

In some area i visted i noticed a group of white garment church gathering in an open space here in Lagos and no one is doing anything about it.
But i will not come and start saying all these because i did not take a photo of it yet

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Welcomme: 11:00am On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
i'm a Christian let's say the truth. There are more cases of churches closed for flaunting the government sit at home order than mosques.

Infact, there were more pastors arrested than imams for this disobedience.
Oga say what you know. MOSQUES IN KANO HERE ARE OPERATING FREELY. SAME WITH MOSQUES IN SOKOTO, BAUCHI, PLATEAU STATE AND SOME NORTHERN STATE EXCEPT FOR KADUNA STATE. SECURITY AGENT ONLY HAVE POWERS TO ARREST WHEN IT COMES TO PASTORS BUT HARDLY GO CLOSE TO ANY IMAM.
INFACT IN UGHELLI IN DELTA STATE, YESTERDAY, FRIDAY MOSQUE WAS CONDUCTED

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by onyxo76(m): 11:00am On Apr 05, 2020
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Cantonese: 11:01am On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
i'm a Christian let's say the truth. There are more cases of churches closed for flaunting the government sit at home order than mosques.

Infact, there were more pastors arrested than imams for this disobedience.

You are surely not a Christian. Who would dare arrest an alfa or imam? If you are not a hypocrite, tell us truthfully if alfas and imams have not been calling early morning and other daily prayers from mosques around you. How many of them did you hear of their arrest.

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by paxonel(m): 11:04am On Apr 05, 2020
Codes151:
i should go to mosque and post pictures?
Then you have no business saying what you are saying in public except you have evidence
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by blowjohn(m): 11:04am On Apr 05, 2020
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 05, 2020
netflicks:
One mosque in my area in surulere is still holding gatherings...

Mosques all over are still full.

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by DabuIIIT: 11:06am On Apr 05, 2020
Honour2:
Abi, he is not sincere,they just want to enjoy another round of jeering and mocking the church this early morning.If you don't have an ulterior motive,why not talk about the two,why single out the church.you people will soon get what you are looking for
Thank you jare,God bless
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by asamaigho(m): 11:07am On Apr 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

I recently read about a mosque in Agege which was shut down by the government of Lagos for flouting the social distancing order. I don't know about any other mosque disobeying the order.

But if Muslims want to expose themselves to the deadly virus, so be it. That doesn't mean Christians should do same.

who made the mouth piece of christians?
if u are only interested in lockdown for churches and not mosques den that is dounle standard.

ur thread is needed in kastina, kano and bauchi as there are no for form of social distancing till date now, so please go there and stop disturbimg us here.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Honour2: 11:08am On Apr 05, 2020
Leave them,let them continue,a lot of the will soon start getting the judgement they serve.Some of them just sit down ,and when they have nothing sensible to post,they post things that instigate attacks against the church,when God starts to judge una,we will see where and to whom you will hide.
Christianvoice:

Mosques in Nasarawa State precisely International market park Mararaba is holding prayers. Go to other places of the northern Imams are conducting prayers. Last Friday there was a post from Bauchi. You are not supposed to even oppose the church with your post. Stop it to avoid the wrath of God. Churches have become platforms for you to shine in social media. Oga stop that .I have been observing your posts recently it all about church church.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by ABCthingx: 11:08am On Apr 05, 2020
Iyiataata92:

I hate being part of religious arguments cos both religions have their own flaws, but on this, you're not being fair on Christians. I condemned Oyedepo when he held a full sunday service against government directives but got even more aggravated when a muslim cleric called for the arrest of Oyedepo. Why? There is a lockdown in Kaduna but mosques still open for prayers and also engaged in protests. There is sit at home in Abuja but muslims protesters stormed the streets for Elzakzaky. Congregations above 50 persons were outlawed in Bauchi but last friday's jumat held with full capacity.
If one religion must face the law, then all religions must as well face the law. Simple
Don't mind them. In my area the only Churches are closed. Everything else is the same. Everyone use the same community tap. Zero social distancing. So why closed the churches where we pray?
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Christianvoice: 11:08am On Apr 05, 2020
Historically northerners had been taken Nigeria backward. When Nigeria was about to gain her Independence the northerners said they were not ready. Everything backwards. Their govt had announced the close down of worship centres yet mosques are still gathering crowds in Mararaba. Go to Kano, Kastina, Bauchi are still operating and resisting the security agencies but pastors are arrested. Even someone who doesn't know his left and right is talking against the church on social media but Imams and mosques no one is talking against. I don't understand. Maybe because the church is seen as the hope of the world

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 05, 2020
Cantonese:

You are surely not a Christian. Who would dare arrest an alfas or imam? If you are not a hypocrite, tell us truthfully if alfas and imams have not been calling early morning and other daily prayers from mosques around you. How many of them did you hear of their arrest.

There should be Christianity for Christians on Nairaland as well. The muslims detest outsiders commenting on their thread.
EXTEND THE COURTESY TO CHRISTIANS.
I WILL NOT GIVE UP MY FAITH. IT IS ANNOYING THAT NAIRALAND ENCOURAGES INSULTS ON THE CHRISTIAN FAITH.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Honour2: 11:09am On Apr 05, 2020
Leave them,let them continue,a lot of them will soon start getting the judgement they deserve.Some of them just sit down ,and when they have nothing sensible to post,they post things that instigate attacks against the church,when God starts to judge una,we will see where and to whom you will hide.
Christianvoice:

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by paxonel(m): 11:09am On Apr 05, 2020
blowjohn:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/friday-prayers-hold-in-bauchi-despite-covid-19-spread.html

https://sundiatapost.com/covid-19-muslim-faithful-ignore-social-distancing-in-kano-yola-ughelli-observe-jumat-prayers/
this is exactly what i want to see, you have done well.

Now what do you think about this, is it right or wrong?
If this is wrong why should Christians follow suit, do Christians want to be like animals too?

Please stay at home
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by ABCthingx: 11:11am On Apr 05, 2020
Jimmyubah2:

That is true. In the North where I live, churches are closed but mosques are operating like no man's business.
Same here. Shit is getting annoying.

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Wealthoptulent(m): 11:12am On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:

https://www.nairaland.com/5773298/friday-prayers-hold-bauchi-mosques
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by ABCthingx: 11:15am On Apr 05, 2020
makjo900:

You see how stupid you black Christians are. You worship a god that doesn't look like you, you uploaded a picture of your god and his supposed angels and they all turned out to be white. Why did you change the picture? You guys are bunch of retards worshipping a god that doesn't even know and believe in your existence. A god given to you by the same people that raped, chained, killed, slaved etc your forefathers. Shame!!
On behalf of the Black Men Community (BMC). We say we are truly sorry and would like to start worshipping you ASAP.

Please forgive us. We're truly sorry. cry

-Cheifman BMO
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by ABCthingx: 11:19am On Apr 05, 2020
smeag0l:
When I see Christian's argue on things like this, I shake my head in dismay. That all the churches in Nigeria are shutdown while all mosques still hold their services still doesnt make it right for churches to keep holding services. The government passed a regulation for all public places to be shutdown in order to contain the corona virus contagion. Any pastor or imam who disobeys this is committing sin in my opinion because obedience to constituted authorities is clear in both the bible and Quran. That religious leader can even be charged to court for manslaughter if be reason of him congregating people, some become infected and die of the virus. I also dont see anything antagonistic of the christian faith in OP's post.
There is no reason for Churches to lockdown if the There is no social distancing in the first place.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Honour2: 11:19am On Apr 05, 2020
Very,very annoying.I WILL NEVER GIVE UP MY FAITH EITHER.I will never stop following and loving this God of Heaven(JEHOVAH) come what may.
destinie2019:

There should be Christianity for Christians on Nairaland as well. The muslims detest outsiders commenting on their thread.
EXTEND THE COURTESY TO CHRISTIANS.
I WILL NOT GIVE UP MY FAITH. IT IS ANNOYING THAT NAIRALAND ENCOURAGES INSULTS ON THE CHRISTIAN FAITH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Christian Association Protests Against Killings Of Christians By Fulani Herdsmen / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? / T.B Joshua's Prophecy About North And South Korea Reconciliation In 2014 (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.