Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,399 members, 7,853,773 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:49 PM

Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War (8277 Views)

Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened / The Abagana Ambush (march 31,1968) Biafra-nigeria Civil War / Obasanjo Speaks On Fayemi’s Victory In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Eteka1(m): 11:05pm On Apr 05, 2020
Dedetwo:

Did you take elementary social studies? At this stage of your sorry ass life, you should know that Cross River State was part and parcel of defunct eastern region of Nigeria. I guess you are very delusional to think Biafra had to fight a war to include a crap created by Gowon in its fold. Nigeria fought to include Biafra in Nigeria. What a sink.
You sound frustrated. Tell your master Nnamdi Kanu to stop mentioning Cross River then since you keep saying we are crap. I think I'm done talking to you.

You can look into the mirror and continue arguing stupidly with the person you see.

7 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by kettykings: 11:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
APCNig:

But I thought Igbos said Nigeria Army committed Genocide by killing over three million Biafrans while Biafran Soldiers did not kill a single Nigerian Soldier. How come, Igbos are now saying they killed some Nigerian Soldiers?

These people are confused.

3 million biafrans killed were starved to death and were non combatant soldiers they were civilians who were starved to death but the casualties on nigerian side were all military personnel and were killed by biafran combatant soldiers during battle,

most of Nigeria's former military leaders except for Gowon is either carrying a biafran wound or narrowly escaped death by whiskers from Murtala who was almost vaporised by a biafran Major , to Obasanjo who still has bullets lodged in his buttocks to babangida who was brutally wounded in Uzuakoli and is still nursing heavily the wounds that was inflicted on him.

A Nigerian Chief of Army staff lost his life during the war when his helicopter was shot down, but no top biafran military personnel had any injury , only women and children that suffered starvation as a result of farm land sabotage

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by excanny: 11:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
Siege of Owerri was the biggest biafran victory. Over 3000 Nigerian soldiers executed and many fled on bare feet.

I think its was because of how Black Scorpion was running his mouth.

It led to his downfall tho.

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Frankdoz8: 11:21pm On Apr 05, 2020
Eteka1:
Another reason why I as a Cross Riverian cannot support anything like Biafra in the first place.

What the OSU's feared would have been like a child's play compared to what ethnic minorities like us would face.
brown roof afonja, crawl back to Ibadan and stop claiming cross river.

2 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Frankdoz8: 11:24pm On Apr 05, 2020
Eteka1:
You sound frustrated. Tell your master Nnamdi Kanu to stop mentioning Cross River then since you keep saying we are crap. I think I'm done talking to you.

You can look into the mirror and continue arguing stupidly with the person you see.
sophisticated afonja! Crawl back to Ibadan brown roof, stop claiming cross river.

2 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Odkosh: 11:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
Dedetwo:

In terms of support, Biafra fought the war alone. USSR, Germany and UK almost sunk Apapa Wharf with war materials. Egyptian made sure that Migs were supplied and flown since little or no Nigerian air force officers can fly the fighters after the Igbo pilots left.
I deal with fact. Why is it that all you guys talk don't come with fact. Apapa wharf with material. Since you know this cos you were alive then, what is stopping you from bringing the pictures of the materials.

2 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Odkosh: 11:30pm On Apr 05, 2020
BoboNkiti19:

Guy are you naturally this daft? cause the way you reason really worries me...
I don't deal with a less human like you that even cockroach has reasoning than. I am done with a lunatic like your type.

2 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by franchasng: 11:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
quoting Nwodo and Sunday Awoniyi on how OBJ became civilian President in 1999:

l will tell you how Obasanjo came about.

After his release from prison, Abdulsalami Abubakar's regime granted Obasanjo amnesty and that amnesty was engineered by General Ibrahim Babangida.

It was Babangida's own way of trying to put the June 12 debacle behind him because he believed that the South West had actually been pushed to the wall so much so that they were already singing their own Oodua anthem and were already hoisting their own flag in some places and he believed that Nigeria could not survive another secessionist war so the way he saw fit to placate them and carry them along was to cede the presidency to the South West.

He also figured that Obasanjo was the right man to do the job because Obasanjo was a man who, once he's convinced about what he has set out to do he would do it without bothering about what Nigerians or the press would say about him and that Nigeria needed someone like that at that time and that was his own analysis of Obasanjo and why he believed that he was the best man at that time.

The arguments were very very persuasive then and you know Chief Sunday Awoniyi is not one to be swayed easily.

Most people in Nigeria then believed in the argument that the only person who could stop the west from going was Obasanjo because he had been President before, he had the military training and he was a very patriotic person and he had the will power to do that without caring about the consequences. That Ekwueme would not be able to do that and that Ekwueme was angling at the last Constitutional Conference for regional armies and some people felt that that suggestion was fraught with the possibility of secession.

The truth is the Yorubas are being greedy, unfair, and biting too much.

What is good for John is also good for Peter.

Why can't the Yorubas just support Igbos to produce next southern President like it was done for them in 1999

Yorubas were at the height of seeking for secession to form Odua republic which made IBB lobby for OBJ to become President and pacify the Southwest.

Why cant Nigerians, especially Yorubas just support Igbos to produce next southern President like it was done for them in 1999, why Why are they clamoring to produce another southern President after producing OBJ that ruled for 8 years

They say Igbos don't know what they want, that Igbos are agitating for Biafra and also wanting to produce Nigeria's next President, didn't Yorubas do same in 1998/1999

Yorubas were at the height of seeking for secession to form Odua republic, hoisting Odua flags in all Yoruba states and communities, which made IBB lobby for OBJ to become President and pacify the Southwest.

For peace, unity and togetherness, why can't same be done for Igbos Think about this as a Yoruba Or Hausa-Fulani person, think and judge.

5 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Odkosh: 11:34pm On Apr 05, 2020
BoboNkiti19:

Ok I officially give up on you, truly you're conspicuously not the intelligent type, what have you posted now that is different what I've been trying to drum into your thick skull? I said France gave Biafrans some form of military support quite alright, but it was belated and was nothing COMPARED to what Nigeria got from Britain and Russia (they even flew your Mig fighter jets for you) anyways accept my unreserved sympathies for how slow-witted you are, na me dey even waste my time sef cheesy
Sharap and stop shifting goal post. You said. ode. Just cos I burst this idiot, he is trying to claim he said it. Ode, Thought they didn't support you no it is only food they supplied you. Dunderhead.

The fact is you are a failure, a big one and a disgrace you your family and society. Stupid lying coward. Spit

3 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Frankdoz8: 11:34pm On Apr 05, 2020
excanny:
Siege of Owerri was the biggest biafran victory. Over 3000 Nigerian soldiers executed and many fled on bare feet.

was he wounded? I mean the black scorpion. I despise him so much after washing him in one of BBC interview blaming the British for mid-war truce. He claim's while the federal troop observe ceasefire, the "rebel" as he normally refer the Biafra counterpart, is busy launching assault. He was very boastful and arrogant, a draconian that suck the life out of many Biafra women and children.
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Odkosh: 11:39pm On Apr 05, 2020
Mrquote:

I dont think you have any idea on how the war was fought. That's the reason why thy need to re introduce history back in school, so people like you will knw.
Maybe you can explain, since you were there and fought the war with them.

3 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Odkosh: 11:41pm On Apr 05, 2020
Mrquote:

The problem with Yoruba, is the hate they have for Igbo, I have always wanted to knw the root, at what point in time did the Igbo, betrayed the Yorubas, it has always nbeen the north but they tend to hate us why
Hatred, hatred, hatred. That what you idiots know how to shout just for the world to take pity on you, yet, no one gives a damn about una just cos they know how you guys play your victim card.

Can you tell where yorubas betray your race and bring the document signed for the agreement.
Because the way you idiots talk will look as if you have ever shown love to the yorubas.
Show pictures of British, US and Soviet state armies fighting cockroaches like you.

4 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by kettykings: 11:47pm On Apr 05, 2020
excanny:

Operation OAU was Nigeria's biggest military disaster. They started with 33,000 soldiers and ended with a little below 1000

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by socialmediaman: 11:49pm On Apr 05, 2020
sammyj:
After this ambush, who won the war grin Rather than letting sleeping dogs lay, you come on this platform to brag about one single battle that was eventually lost by the Biafran rebels!!! shocked I advise we look forward and stop this nonsense

Trying to erase history was one of Nigeria’s biggest mistakes. You can’t erase people’s anguish, horror, tears, something that they’ll keep telling their generations to come. The quickness to move on shows lack of empathy and care.

Don’t get it twisted, whether you choose to move on or not, you’re still going to be living in a corrupt nation with useless leaders and dilapidated infrastructure. The sooner you accept that some people will not move on just like you, the sooner the country can start it’s healing.
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by excanny: 11:55pm On Apr 05, 2020
kettykings:

Operation OAU was Nigeria's biggest military disaster. They started with 33,000 soldiers and ended with a little below 1000

That's why they banished Adekunle and never wanted to see him again.

It was a disgrace to the Nigerian side than less than 100 biafran soldiers could kill so much in a short time.

You need the see that video on Youtube, Nigerian soldiers running away at top speed on foot.

Just the same thing they are doing today against BH.

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by excanny: 12:01am On Apr 06, 2020
Frankdoz8:
was he wounded? I mean the black scorpion. I despise him so much after washing him in one of BBC interview blaming the British for mid-war truce. He claim's while the federal troop observe ceasefire, the "rebel" as he normally refer the Biafra counterpart, is busy launching assault. He was very boastful and arrogant, a draconian that suck the life out of many Biafra women and children.

When he was bombing soft civilian targets, killing women and children, he never remembered cease-fire.

He was all mouth and no real substance for man to man combat.

After all, he ran away and the riffraff was eventually flushed out of the system.

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by ruggedtimi(m): 3:09am On Apr 06, 2020
sammyj:
After this ambush, who won the war grin Rather than letting sleeping dogs lay, you come on this platform to brag about one single battle that was eventually lost by the Biafran rebels!!! shocked I advise we look forward and stop this nonsense
For history!!
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by BoboNkiti19: 3:41am On Apr 06, 2020
Odkosh:
Sharap and stop shifting goal post. You said. ode. Just cos I burst this idiot, he is trying to claim he said it. Ode, Thought they didn't support you no it is only food they supplied you. Dunderhead.

The fact is you are a failure, a big one and a disgrace you your family and society. Stupid lying coward. Spit
Go and wash your head in the river properly, the person wey do you this thing died many years ago. There was absolutely no sense in the useless rebuttals your dumb ass tried to conjure. I don't know if your mother dropped you on your head when you were born, or you just suffer from a serious case of autism or cognitive dissonance... But if you can read and comprehend WELL, you would have seen that there was no where in my post where I alluded that France didn't support Biafra (abi you no fit read, Dindinrin oshi), I clearly and unequivocally made it clear Biafra got some military support from France, but that support was very paltry in quantity... and wasn't in any way compared to the millions of pounds worth of arms, ammunitions and stockpiles of heavy war machines Nigeria got from Britain and Russia. Every book and articles written about the Nigerian civil war by unbiased authors and observers also made these facts clear. Now stop been an idiot for once and humbly ask me to recommend books on the war for you to read, there are many of them available on the internet database... But will your irredeemable stupidity let you?
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by BoboNkiti19: 3:43am On Apr 06, 2020
Odkosh:
I don't deal with a less human like you that even cockroach has reasoning than. I am done with a lunatic like your type.
Nah we're not done, I must force some intelligence into your cone head today, you do a huge disservice to humanity by simply been this stupid... somebody has to step up and civilize you a bit.
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by GreenArrow1(m): 4:02am On Apr 06, 2020
BoboNkiti19:

Ok I officially give up on you, truly you're conspicuously not the intelligent type, what have you posted now that is different what I've been trying to drum into your thick skull? I said France gave Biafrans some form of military support quite alright, but it was belated and was nothing COMPARED to what Nigeria got from Britain and Russia (they even flew your Mig fighter jets for you) anyways accept my unreserved sympathies for how slow-witted you are, na me dey even waste my time sef cheesy

Abeg drink water. How old are you? You that can't write two sentences without spewing expletives shouldn't be calling another person dim-witted.
Ah ah! The war was 50 odd years ago. No one on this thread including you fought on the battle field against each other. Na wetin?
See some of your folk making sensible exposés on this thread. Learn from them.

4 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by nku5: 6:35am On Apr 06, 2020
kettykings:

If not for the brilliant manouvers of Col. Etuk not one Nigerian soldier would have remained alive
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by LabDNA: 7:10am On Apr 06, 2020
sammyj:

The war was Biafra vs British. Your father's were just pawns who died hopelessly for British agenda at Abagana.

grin
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by tommy589(m): 7:57am On Apr 06, 2020
franchasng:
quoting Nwodo and Sunday Awoniyi on how OBJ became civilian President in 1999:

l will tell you how Obasanjo came about.

After his release from prison, Abdulsalami Abubakar's regime granted Obasanjo amnesty and that amnesty was engineered by General Ibrahim Babangida.

It was Babangida's own way of trying to put the June 12 debacle behind him because he believed that the South West had actually been pushed to the wall so much so that they were already singing their own Oodua anthem and were already hoisting their own flag in some places and he believed that Nigeria could not survive another secessionist war so the way he saw fit to placate them and carry them along was to cede the presidency to the South West.

He also figured that Obasanjo was the right man to do the job because Obasanjo was a man who, once he's convinced about what he has set out to do he would do it without bothering about what Nigerians or the press would say about him and that Nigeria needed someone like that at that time and that was his own analysis of Obasanjo and why he believed that he was the best man at that time.

The arguments were very very persuasive then and you know Chief Sunday Awoniyi is not one to be swayed easily.

Most people in Nigeria then believed in the argument that the only person who could stop the west from going was Obasanjo because he had been President before, he had the military training and he was a very patriotic person and he had the will power to do that without caring about the consequences. That Ekwueme would not be able to do that and that Ekwueme was angling at the last Constitutional Conference for regional armies and some people felt that that suggestion was fraught with the possibility of secession.

The truth is the Yorubas are being greedy, unfair, and biting too much.

What is good for John is also good for Peter.

Why can't the Yorubas just support Igbos to produce next southern President like it was done for them in 1999

Yorubas were at the height of seeking for secession to form Odua republic which made IBB lobby for OBJ to become President and pacify the Southwest.

Why cant Nigerians, especially Yorubas just support Igbos to produce next southern President like it was done for them in 1999, why Why are they clamoring to produce another southern President after producing OBJ that ruled for 8 years

They say Igbos don't know what they want, that Igbos are agitating for Biafra and also wanting to produce Nigeria's next President, didn't Yorubas do same in 1998/1999

Yorubas were at the height of seeking for secession to form Odua republic, hoisting Odua flags in all Yoruba states and communities, which made IBB lobby for OBJ to become President and pacify the Southwest.

For peace, unity and togetherness, why can't same be done for Igbos Think about this as a Yoruba Or Hausa-Fulani person, think and judge.

Obasanjo was not supported by the Yorubas for reasons best known to them
Check 1999 Election results below to see he was not voted for

https://www.electoralgeography.com/new/en/countries/n/nigeria/nigeria-presidential-election-1999.html
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by franchasng: 8:38am On Apr 06, 2020
tommy589:

Obasanjo was not supported by the Yorubas for reasons best known to them
Check 1999 Election results below to see he was not voted for

https://www.electoralgeography.com/new/en/countries/n/nigeria/nigeria-presidential-election-1999.html

Yes I know and that is not the argument my brother.

The point and argument here is, a Yoruba man was picked to be made President as a way to pacify the Yorubas for the death of MKO their son and to discourage them from continuing with their secession agenda to form Odua Republic after MKO was murdered.

Later on, OBJ handpicked Yaradua to become next President as a way of compensating them for his brother that died with OBJ in jail prior to 1999.

Also, Goodluck Jonathan was picked to become President to pacify Niger Delta people. Did any of OBJ, Yaradua, Goodluck merit being President of Nigeria when they became one They were all handpicked to compensate their region and people.

So if Nigeria truly want unity, peace and national prosperity and ready for togetherness, why can't same be done for Igbos as a way of pacifying them and burying the issue of Biafra seccession

Instead the same Yorubas that went all out hoisting Odua Republic flags in Yoruba lands and threatening to secede from Nigeria are the ones saying that you cannot get Presidency on a platter of gold, that Igbos should do this and that to merit it, but their son was made President on a platter of gold to the detriment of Alex Ekwueme who was well positioned and already fingered to be the next President of Nigeria in 1998/1999.

Can you see the hypocrisy of our Yoruba brethren here

3 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by BoboNkiti19: 8:56am On Apr 06, 2020
GreenArrow1:

Abeg drink water. How old are you? You that can't write two sentences without spewing expletives shouldn't be calling another person dim-witted.
Ah ah! The war was 50 odd years ago. No one on this thread including you fought on the battle field against each other. Na wetin?
See some of your folk making sensible exposés on this thread. Learn from them.
I'm emotionally invested in the war cause I spent the best part of my young adult life reading and researching about it, so don't come here and tell me how to adequately address an idiot who revels in half-truths. My proclivity for been loquacious or aggressive on the discourse of the war, especially when it comes to the facts about that war is strictly my business and prerogative... so don't dare come here and tell me how to fuccking feel or respond dude, you can bounce off my mentions if you don't like my posts...
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Mrquote: 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
Odkosh:
Hatred, hatred, hatred. That what you idiots know how to shout just for the world to take pity on you, yet, no one gives a damn about una just cos they know how you guys play your victim card.

Can you tell where yorubas betray your race and bring the document signed for the agreement.
Because the way you idiots talk will look as if you have ever shown love to the yorubas.
Show pictures of British, US and Soviet state armies fighting cockroaches like you.
I see u know little about history let's leave it here, I have other things to do
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Mrquote: 12:01pm On Apr 06, 2020
Odkosh:
Maybe you can explain, since you were there and fought the war with them.
I never said I was, let's leave it here.
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by gidgiddy: 12:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
Eteka1:

The Biafran agitation of today is for referendum in what used to be the old Eastern Region. When referendum comes, those who vote to leave Nigeria will be the Biafrans. If the Ogoja feels that Nigeria is best for him, he should feel free to vote to continue with Nigeria. This way, nobody is forced into what they do not want.

Nobody ever voted or chose to be Nigerian or Crossriverian, but Biafra will be created by the free will of the people

2 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Eteka1(m): 12:42pm On Apr 06, 2020
gidgiddy:

The Biafran agitation of today is for referendum in what used to be the old Eastern Region. When referendum comes, those who vote to leave Nigeria will be the Biafrans. If the Ogoja feels that Nigeria is best for him, he should feel free to vote to continue with Nigeria. This way, nobody is forced into what they do not want.

Nobody ever voted or chose to be Nigerian or Crossriverian, but Biafra will be created by the free will of the people
Thanks for not being abusive while expressing your opinion to counter my thinking. God bless you.

It's always very frustrating to be insulted just because one expresses a divergent opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 06, 2020
Eteka1:
Another reason why I as a Cross Riverian cannot support anything like Biafra in the first place.

What the OSU's feared would have been like a child's play compared to what ethnic minorities like us would face.
. Pride and selfishness contribute to the defeat of Birafra. My Dad never forget what IBO did to my village after all the support we render to them.

3 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
Eteka1:

. Among the Niger Deltan,we see ourselves as equal but an average IBO man believe he is very intelligent and very smart. I am proud to be identified with an IBO man but pride in an average IBO man is what I can't take.

2 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

It was mostly the Efik who did not support Biafra. I guess the unfortunate thing that happened to the Bakassi people will teach you a lesson.
. The Efik supported Biafra until your father choose to betray them hence the defeat

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Koshoedo: Buhari's Government Failed Totally In Security, Economy, Corruption / Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them / Voters To Receive Text Messages To Know New Polling Units – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.