Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,380 members, 7,853,689 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:44 PM

Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War (8273 Views)

Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened / The Abagana Ambush (march 31,1968) Biafra-nigeria Civil War / Obasanjo Speaks On Fayemi’s Victory In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Odkosh: 5:17pm On Apr 07, 2020
[s]
franchasng:
quoting Nwodo and Sunday Awoniyi on how OBJ became civilian President in 1999:

l will tell you how Obasanjo came about.

After his release from prison, Abdulsalami Abubakar's regime granted Obasanjo amnesty and that amnesty was engineered by General Ibrahim Babangida.

It was Babangida's own way of trying to put the June 12 debacle behind him because he believed that the South West had actually been pushed to the wall so much so that they were already singing their own Oodua anthem and were already hoisting their own flag in some places and he believed that Nigeria could not survive another secessionist war so the way he saw fit to placate them and carry them along was to cede the presidency to the South West.

He also figured that Obasanjo was the right man to do the job because Obasanjo was a man who, once he's convinced about what he has set out to do he would do it without bothering about what Nigerians or the press would say about him and that Nigeria needed someone like that at that time and that was his own analysis of Obasanjo and why he believed that he was the best man at that time.

The arguments were very very persuasive then and you know Chief Sunday Awoniyi is not one to be swayed easily.

Most people in Nigeria then believed in the argument that the only person who could stop the west from going was Obasanjo because he had been President before, he had the military training and he was a very patriotic person and he had the will power to do that without caring about the consequences. That Ekwueme would not be able to do that and that Ekwueme was angling at the last Constitutional Conference for regional armies and some people felt that that suggestion was fraught with the possibility of secession.

The truth is the Yorubas are being greedy, unfair, and biting too much.

What is good for John is also good for Peter.

Why can't the Yorubas just support Igbos to produce next southern President like it was done for them in 1999

Yorubas were at the height of seeking for secession to form Odua republic which made IBB lobby for OBJ to become President and pacify the Southwest.

Why cant Nigerians, especially Yorubas just support Igbos to produce next southern President like it was done for them in 1999, why Why are they clamoring to produce another southern President after producing OBJ that ruled for 8 years

They say Igbos don't know what they want, that Igbos are agitating for Biafra and also wanting to produce Nigeria's next President, didn't Yorubas do same in 1998/1999

Yorubas were at the height of seeking for secession to form Odua republic, hoisting Odua flags in all Yoruba states and communities, which made IBB lobby for OBJ to become President and pacify the Southwest.

For peace, unity and togetherness, why can't same be done for Igbos Think about this as a Yoruba Or Hausa-Fulani person, think and judge.
[/s]Someone should knock this guy in the head for me. What did igbos do. Who was the Yoruba candidate then. Which kind stupidity is in your head. Are you normal at all.

Yorubas never wanted Obasanjo, It was falae that we wanted and it was clearly stated. So why do igbos not support Falae instead of Obasanjo which was their northern masters' adopted son. Why do they support Tofa against Abiola, Why Tafawa balewa against awolowo. Oga if you don't have sense before posting, better keep shut that mouth.

They want us to support them in 2023 right, they should come and get the support na.

When we were hoisting our flags, did we curse any tribe, did we order them to kill other tribe, did we call igbos names. Now you want our support, not in the world.

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Dedetwo(m): 11:08pm On Apr 07, 2020
Eteka1:
It's now very obvious that you are a compound fool.

It takes one compound fool to recognize another. What a scoundrel.
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Dedetwo(m): 11:09pm On Apr 07, 2020
Eteka1:
Thank you. But we don't want Biafra.

Who gives a ratass about what a ninny wants?
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Dedetwo(m): 11:19pm On Apr 07, 2020
Odkosh:
[s][/s]Stop lying. We know the truth. Show the armies of those you mentioned on battlefield with Nigeria armies or keep quiet. Only losers look for excuses. If you are that powerful, you liars would have had ball to start another war since like 5 years you people have been beating empty chest.

All the France, West Germany, China, Spain, Portugal, south Africa, czhekoslovakia, Ivory Coast that fought alongside biafra are not ally. Cry cry baby.

Are you so twisted to be immune to simple decency? Most Britain, Russia, West Germany, Austria, Canada, Australia and Arab league of Nations bring their armies to fight for Nigeria in order to prove their support? The weapons captured by the Biafrans from the Nigerian vandals, believe me it was tonnage of weapons, indicated which country armed Nigeria. Biafra captured tons of AK-47, G3 assault rifles and mechanized equipment as well as documented materials that exposed the aiders of the freaking country known as Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Odkosh: 11:24pm On Apr 07, 2020
[s]
Dedetwo:

Are you so twisted to be immune to simple decency? Most Britain, Russia, West Germany, Austria, Canada, Australia and Arab league of Nations bring their armies to fight for Nigeria in order to prove their support? The weapons Biafra captured from the Nigerian vandals, believe me it was tonnage of weapons, indicated which country armed Nigeria. Biafra captured tons of AK-47, G3 assault rifles and mechanized equipment's as well as documented materials that exposed the aiders of the freaking country known as Nigeria.
[/s]Oga ade keep quiet. Your cry cry holds no water. We have been daring your fathers to start war if they have the ball they claimed to have. We are not interested in empty chest. Proof to the world you fought alone by starting another one and win.

See revisionist, So west Germany now support Nigeria. Why not say heaven and hell support Nigeria too. Useless victim crier. gerrarahia.

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by mildflame: 5:37am On Apr 08, 2020
Igbos when will this wailing CEASE
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Lajet: 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2020
Look at Afonja Muslims claiming Niger delta what a shame.

I have never support Nnamdi kanu and his followers for including other ethnic in map of biafra. IPOB is not serious when they are serious will we know

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Elimon(m): 8:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
BoboNkiti19:

That's him, I'm reading his book right now on Amazon and it's very captivating.
Please can u send me the book as eBook,I've been wanting to read it also but they're unavailable at bookshops in my area
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Elimon(m): 8:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
BoboNkiti19:

That's him, I'm reading his book right now on Amazon and it's very captivating.
Please can u help send me the book a eBook,I've been wanting to read a full copy but unavailable in my area

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku 100% Group To Deliver Over 2 Million Votes / You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See) / List Of Igbo Governors In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.