Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,105 members, 7,845,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

How To Tell My Mum To Go Back To Her House Without Hurting Her Feelings - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Tell My Mum To Go Back To Her House Without Hurting Her Feelings (5083 Views)

My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum / My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent / My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: How To Tell My Mum To Go Back To Her House Without Hurting Her Feelings by osuofia2(m): 10:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
OP try ask someone else if actually your fiancee is indeed ugly because maybe Mama de see something wey you no fit see as par say love is blind
Re: How To Tell My Mum To Go Back To Her House Without Hurting Her Feelings by kuverah(f): 10:43pm On Apr 09, 2020
Francis609:
I will be brief with the narrative . Am 33 years old engaged to be married. I live with my fiancé in a single room ( she started living with me since February due to some issues she had with her senior sister she stayed with). We both are working , we are not financially ok just managing. My mum doesn’t like my fiancé for no reason , her reasons are , 1. my fiancé is dark skinned and ugly , she said I am a man but i looks more beautiful than my fiancé , she is worrying about her giving birth to ugly kids lol , mum preferred me marrying a fair woman like her , 2. She is not from the same tribes as her , she wants me to marry a girl from her village because she doesn’t want me to end up a divorcee like her ( my mum and dad are not from the same village , they had so many issues in the marriage that led to their separations). My mum thinks marrying her will not be a very good ideas. As for me I told my mum , I love my fiancé , she is the most beautiful woman in my eyes , she is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with . My mum not happy and still disapprove of our relationships. She was not aware that my fiancé is staying with me , it was when my younger sister cane collecting money for her school fees , she met with my fiancé and has seen some of her stuffs in the room , she went back to telling my mum. She called me shouting at me , I’m stubborn like my dad , I don’t want to listen to what she is telling me about not marrying her, she will kill me , she has said a lot , no need for me to write everything on her . Then like a week later she has came to my place with my nephew only 1 year 6 months that she want to spend time with me because she misses me , according to her she was supposed to stay for a week but with this lockdown , things did not go according to plans , it will be 3 weeks on Wednesday , the space is not even big , I have been spending the day with them and when is evening I’m squatting with friends , while I leave my mum and fiancé in the house and she had been giving my fiancé lots of problems that today she has told me , she cannot stand my mum anymore and she want to leave and go and squat with her friends , I have been begging her to stay but she refused. I really feel sorry for my fiancé , I know how manipulative and controlling my mum can be , she is the type of person that can frustrate you till you commit suicide , I don’t even want to talk about what I went through living with her , I pity my fiancé , I don’t want her to go and stay with friends , she has nobody else apart from me. My mum has 5 children and a house , I just want her to go back to her house but I don’t know how to tell her without hurting her feelings. I need help, I can’t take it anymore
Your mum need to heal from her past marital issues that's why she is giving you problem now. You need time and patience to achieve this. She needs to get over the ugly experience she had with your dad for you to have peace and you will be the one to help her.
Re: How To Tell My Mum To Go Back To Her House Without Hurting Her Feelings by hensben(m): 11:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
unibenakpos:
after the lockdown is over tell you mum that you all should to your family house and that its been long you went there. leave your fiance behind go with your mum, after like 2 days japa leave her say you get urgent meeting to attend for another state (not your state of residence).
next time when she want to come, tell her you want to travel for sometime and you dont know when you will comeback
For how long will he continue doing this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands / I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! / House Hold Items For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.