Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Ali Nuhu: Hausa Guy Making Waves In Nollywood (igbo) Movies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ali Nuhu: Hausa Guy Making Waves In Nollywood (igbo) Movies (82258 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / Abubakar Ali In Auto Accident In Kano (Photo) / Is This Guy Making A Point? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ali Nuhu: Hausa Guy Making Waves In Nollywood (igbo) Movies by omongbatic: 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2011
This Igwe's palace is cool

Re: Ali Nuhu: Hausa Guy Making Waves In Nollywood (igbo) Movies by omongbatic: 10:24pm On Jan 02, 2011
More

Re: Ali Nuhu: Hausa Guy Making Waves In Nollywood (igbo) Movies by omongbatic: 10:28pm On Jan 02, 2011
Enjoy the movie, Tears In The Palace, from which the photos were taken here

http://premiumvideos.onlinenigeria.com/adHKY.asp?blurb=6200
http://video.onlinenigeria.com/default.aspx
Re: Ali Nuhu: Hausa Guy Making Waves In Nollywood (igbo) Movies by AndreUweh(m): 10:29pm On Jan 02, 2011
Lovely videos and lovely films. Yet am disappointed that the films are acted in English instead of Igbo.
Re: Ali Nuhu: Hausa Guy Making Waves In Nollywood (igbo) Movies by omongbatic: 10:34pm On Jan 02, 2011
Igbos deal with every group comfortably. We do not seek to monopolize. Everyone is welcome as long as they can compete

Nuhu Ali (centre)

Re: Ali Nuhu: Hausa Guy Making Waves In Nollywood (igbo) Movies by Obiagu1(m): 10:51pm On Jan 02, 2011
This is what you get when competition is the key. Everyone has a chance, that's why I love being Igbo.
I love my people.  cool

Andre Uweh:

Lovely videos and lovely films. Yet am disappointed that the films are acted in English instead of Igbo.

They need foreign markets else it will be only domestic.
Re: Ali Nuhu: Hausa Guy Making Waves In Nollywood (igbo) Movies by AndreUweh(m): 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2011
Obiagu1:

This is what you get when competition is the key. Everyone has a chance, that's why I love being Igbo.
I love my people. cool

They need foreign markets else it will be only domestic.
Some can be in English while the rest are produced in Igbo language.
Please how can we revive the dying nature of Igbo language films?.
Re: Ali Nuhu: Hausa Guy Making Waves In Nollywood (igbo) Movies by Obiagu1(m): 12:30am On Jan 03, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Some can be in English while the rest are produced in Igbo language.
Please how can we revive the dying nature of Igbo language films?.

The producers are businessmen so they will want a larger market. However, there is no need to produce movies in Igbo language except for cultural purposes except that producer wants to run a charity.

The movies even portray Igbo culture but are all in English with few Igbos here and there.
Re: Ali Nuhu: Hausa Guy Making Waves In Nollywood (igbo) Movies by AndreUweh(m): 12:47am On Jan 03, 2011
Obiagu1:

The producers are businessmen so they will want a larger market. However, there is no need to produce movies in Igbo language except for cultural purposes except that producer wants to run a charity.

The movies even portray Igbo culture but are all in English with fee Igbos here and there.
You are right. However, I do not believe that films produced in Igbo language will not penetrate the markets. With over 30 million Ndigbo in Nigeria and over 10 million outside Nigeria, there is no reason whatsoever why the films in Igbo language will not make huge profits for the producers.
Do you know how many copies of the film ''Living in bondage'' were sold?.
Re: Ali Nuhu: Hausa Guy Making Waves In Nollywood (igbo) Movies by aljharem(m): 1:25am On Jan 03, 2011
at OP

this is very good,,,it shows we are more welcoming to other group

the igbo culture is very very rich,,,,,full of live and vigour

i use to remember my home town i anambra,,,very quiet and peaceful

God bless the igbo nation and culture

God bless nigeria
Re: Ali Nuhu: Hausa Guy Making Waves In Nollywood (igbo) Movies by PhysicsMHD(m): 1:44am On Jan 03, 2011
Question for anyone in the know, is the yellow head covering worn by the man (chief?) in the blue in the center of one of the pictures supposed to represent or symbolize a leopard?

(1) (Reply)

Aishat Ajoke Akinsanya's House: MC Oluomo Shows Off His Wife's New House / Fresh #EndSARS Protest At Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos - AIT / Nathaniel Samuel: How I Got The Bomb I Took To Winners Chapel Church In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.