Stats: 3,151,662 members, 7,813,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons (23834 Views)

Wike Announces Temporary Lifting Of Lockdown For Residents To Restock Foodstuffs / Extend Lockdown For Another Two Weeks, PDP Reps Tell Buhari / Kano Relaxes Lockdown For Ramadan Shopping, Despite Increase Of COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by kahal29: 7:45pm On Apr 10, 2020
Peter Obi, former governor of Anambra state, says it is wrong to relax lockdown because of religious worship.

Speaking at a programme on Arise Television on Friday, Obi said the coronavirus pandemic is going out of hand and that the country does not have enough resources to manage it.

He said states which have relaxed the lockdown for Easter celebrations do not have enough ventilators should the crisis escalate.

“It is wrong to relax lockdown because of people going to church. Faith is a thing of the mind. You can worship without going to church,” Obi said.

“We have a crisis that we don’t have the resources to manage. The greatest country in the world is America. They are on their knees now health wise and economically. We should not allow that because we cannot manage it.

“Lock up Nigeria and we will solve our problems from within.”

Some state governments had announced a relaxation of the lockdown enforced to curb the spread of the coronavirus over the Easter celebrations.

https://www.thecable.ng/peter-obi-its-wrong-to-relax-lockdown-for-religious-reasons

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Wilstino: 7:57pm On Apr 10, 2020
Absolutely true!!

184 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by helinues: 7:58pm On Apr 10, 2020
Of course now..

Religion can wait oo ,after all it is of no use at the moment

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 10, 2020
If ds man knew what people are facing because of lockdown then he for relax him mind. Some state did so just to help their citizen find something chop

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by sapientia(m): 8:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
Okwute spoke well.

Only foolish governors are doing this

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 3:10am On Apr 11, 2020
IF BUHARI COMES OUT TO STOP THESE RECKLESS AND STUPID GOVERNORS NOW. YOU WILL START HEARING BUHARI WANTS TO ISLAMIZE NIGERIA, THEY DON'T WANT US TO CELEBRATE EASTER AND SO ON.

ANYWAY, GOD BLESS NIGERIA

GOD BLESS PMB1523

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by mrvitalis(m): 4:27am On Apr 11, 2020
dirtydiva:
If ds man knew what people are facing because of lockdown then he for relax him mind. Some state did so just to help their citizen find something chop
This is the problem with most Nigerians always thinking about the now

Nothing good comes easy ...their must be victims for the general good

Lock down is painful but it's the only way ...maybe when we get to equador state where dead bodies are everywhere u people would learn

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Nobody: 6:21am On Apr 11, 2020
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by kahal29: 9:16am On Apr 11, 2020
mrvitalis:

Lock down is painful but it's the only way ...maybe when we get to equador state where dead bodies are everywhere u people would learn

Correct

23 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 11, 2020
Couldn't agree more,

Obi dishing out sense like naira since bc

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by IkeOnyia: 9:58am On Apr 11, 2020
Jesus Christ is merciful.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 11, 2020
mrvitalis:

We are not praying for it but at least let some people find food chop. In my case, I hv not bn paid salary because of lockdown which affected my company and head office at VI Lagos and I m left begging for survival as I just started work new as a staff but if dey relax maybe I can receive salary when it is bn approved and stock up house

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by mrvitalis(m): 10:01am On Apr 11, 2020
dirtydiva:
We are not praying for it but at least let some people find food chop. In my case, I hv not bn paid salary because of lockdown which affected my company and head office at VI Lagos and I m left begging for survival as I just started work new as a staff but if dey relax maybe I can receive salary when it is bn approved and stock up house
You can not have a system for the common good where people won't suffer

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by adekolaelect(m): 10:09am On Apr 11, 2020
dirtydiva:
though you can know the values of food when you are healthy but food will be available for sicked person without eating .

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 11, 2020
mrvitalis:

You can not have a system for the common good where people won't suffer
Did you know what ds effect hv caused in my community Ewupe, Ogun state? Thief don yapa for street and we no longer sleep as we form vigilante group making bonfire night just to scare them off but what if dey go around with live arm? It can't continue like ds and I can't be a scape goat while the leaders are there in capital city enjoying life the way dey want

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by BruncleZuma: 10:12am On Apr 11, 2020
It is
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Zombiekiller010: 10:12am On Apr 11, 2020

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by LibertyRep: 10:12am On Apr 11, 2020
Even Rome wouldn't dare relax the lockdown this moment.

The service by the Pope was practically empty yesterday.

I'm not sure the Saudis will allow any congregation right now.

But trust our politicians to mix religion with emotions and politics.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Okortor: 10:13am On Apr 11, 2020
O
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by GeneralPula: 10:14am On Apr 11, 2020
One thing I don't understand is why people don't wanna talk to God in their home. Prayers can be answered everywhere!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Coronavirus84: 10:14am On Apr 11, 2020
Supported
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by iammo(m): 10:14am On Apr 11, 2020

Noise Maker

Donate hin no gree donate, na so so talk and talk.. but if its to drop 250million for VP ticket he is the first you would see

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by masterP042(m): 10:14am On Apr 11, 2020
Religious folks don't always get it. They think this lockdown is just mere ritual like their other religious practices. That it's for the sake of it, or just because others are doing. Relaxing the lockdown at this point when the virus hasn't been contained is rendering the effort and input put in place all these while useless, and render the previous lockdown futile.
Well, I've known religious people not to be logical, but mathematically, I have a question. Yesterday was good Friday, Jesus was crucified and he'll probably resurrect tomorrow being Sunday. They said he died and resurrected after 3 days. From friday to Sunday is it 3 days? See eh, religion has a way of making people have a herd mentality. So bad

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Professorcplus(m): 10:14am On Apr 11, 2020
Only if they will hear...

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 11, 2020
The Federal Government of Nigeria should work with the GENUIE Servants of GOD in Nigeria in these times..

Nigeria is Blessed with Genuine Servants of GOD..

Nothing should be done in Isolation of GOD. It will be a Waste..

The State Governments should also do the same thing.. instead of Locking up the Churches , the GENUIE Servants of GOD Should majorly carried along!

His Excellency, Sanwolu should take note!

So we don't continue pouring water in a Basket

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by cRobo: 10:14am On Apr 11, 2020
t
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by SouthNigerian: 10:14am On Apr 11, 2020
Well, even though the consequences of the lockdown have been crazy, relaxing the lockdown for the sake of religion tells about the calibre of leaders we have in Nigeria.

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 11, 2020
I am tired of sitting home for almost two weeks.
The Govt shud pls release Zombies on the street so that we can run small. gringringringringrin

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 11, 2020
The lock down remains necessary the spread is increasing instead of decreasing...

Total lock down remains the key.

#EndSARS: Act On Judicial Panel Report - US Tells Buhari, Lagos State Government / Breaking! Scores Killed In Yola Blast / Buhari Extends Tenure Of Defence, Service Chiefs