Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons (23867 Views)

Wike Announces Temporary Lifting Of Lockdown For Residents To Restock Foodstuffs / Extend Lockdown For Another Two Weeks, PDP Reps Tell Buhari / Kano Relaxes Lockdown For Ramadan Shopping, Despite Increase Of COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by toluwa1(f): 11:29am On Apr 11, 2020
100% correct!!!
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Originalsly: 11:37am On Apr 11, 2020
IkeOnyia:

Peter Obi is really a demented imbeciile. He is always speaking from both side of his mouth due to mental depravity.

This is an interview he granted The Punch late last month condemning the lockdown.

Mr Peter Obi , has warned against locking down the country over coronavirus scare, without alternative arrangements to cushion the effects of such actions on the masses.

This is the unstable idiot who wanted to become our vice president.

Someone with comprehension depravity is really a demented imb.ecile or unstable idiot. You tied rope around your own neck hanging yourself .... and don't even know.

@ topic.... the man is on point. Lockdown to prevent the virus from spreading... then allowing everyone to gather together to allow the virus to spread... then what's the point of the lockdown? I know many can explain.
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by kem17347: 11:39am On Apr 11, 2020
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by PFRB: 11:41am On Apr 11, 2020
Ike Onyia.
What Peter Obi is saying is that you cannot lock down without putting in place parliative measures.
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Emmanuelhector(m): 11:45am On Apr 11, 2020
rummmy:
A former Governor of Anambra State , Mr Peter Obi , has warned against locking down the country over coronavirus scare, WITHOUT ALTERNATIVE arrangements to cushion the effects of such action on the masses ....you need alot of sense to understand what he meant beside why are you calling him an idiot and fool, he is not the cause of your frustration.
check his profile then click on his posts.. you will understand he is just doing what he is paid for.
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by ezra1990: 11:45am On Apr 11, 2020
Chosen1984:
The Federal Government of Nigeria should work with the GENUIE Servants of GOD in Nigeria in these times..

Nigeria is Blessed with Genuine Servants of GOD..

Nothing should be done in Isolation of GOD. It will be a Waste..

The State Governments should also do the same thing.. instead of Locking up the Churches , the GENUIE Servants of GOD Should majorly carried along!

His Excellency, Sanwolu should take note!

So we don't continue pouring water in a Basket
.....Tithes and offering collector spotted....why do u people value monetary gain over human life. Didn't ur Bible say "be obedient to superior authorities"..... So u are still of the opinion dat people gather in large masses knowing full well dat the said virus could sporadically spread through such means... When Jesus was on earth no sickness or pestilences was bigger than him....He cured thousands of them. How many of the corona victims have you and your so-called men of god attempted to heal? I guess u all are afraid....knowing fully well dat u all are misleading people under the guise of religion. You all will definitely give an account for this.
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by 77up(m): 11:46am On Apr 11, 2020
dirtydiva:
We are not praying for it but at least let some people find food chop. In my case, I hv not bn paid salary because of lockdown which affected my company and head office at VI Lagos and I m left begging for survival as I just started work new as a staff but if dey relax maybe I can receive salary when it is bn approved and stock up house
You will probably support the guy you quoted If eventually you have received salary and stucked up like you said , have you ever imagine those that doesn't have any salary to stuck up bro? The whole things burn down to the fact that , nothing good comes easy, it's either we go on lockdown and win war with this demon virus or we go the Equador way, God forbid.
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by ofiko123(m): 11:47am On Apr 11, 2020
I stand with Peter Obi...
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by SoNature(m): 11:49am On Apr 11, 2020
IkeOnyia:
Peter Obi is really a demented imbeciile. He is always speaking from both side of his mouth due to mental depravity.

This is an interview he granted The Punch late last month condemning the lockdown.

Anthony Okafor
A former Governor of Anambra State , Mr Peter Obi , has warned against locking down the country over coronavirus scare, without alternative arrangements to cushion the effects of such action on the masses .
He said whilst all possible measures should be deployed to stop the spread of COVID- 19 , appropriate measures should be put in place to mitigate the suffering of the vulnerable in society .
In a statement by his Media Adviser, Valentine Obienyem, Obi , who was the vice presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the 2019 election, said markets and other business ventures should not be closed to further impoverish the poor.
He said , ” There are several millions of our populace who are unemployed . Their means of livelihood depends on daily income which the present situation will definitely worsen . ”
He noted that in locking down the country, such vulnerable people should be factored into government plans , as was the case in other countries , by putting measures in place to cushion the effects of the lockdown on them.
Obi , who expressed gratitude for the efforts of some political leaders , captains of industry and corporate bodies , urged the Federal Government to do more to mitigate the situation, especially for poor Nigerians , as being witnessed in other climes.
He added , “ It would be counter -productive to keep only the elite in mind when taking such far - reaching decisions as closing down markets without having some cushioning measures for the traders . ”
He enjoined politicians , especially legislators , to go back to their constituencies to be with their people at a time like this .
“This is the time to be with your people in your various constituencies , ” Obi said .
He said it did not make any sense for politicians to be observing the stay - at -home in various places outside their constituencies at this trying time , instead of being with their constituents to help their people to find solutions to their problems and challenges .
Obi said that by being in their constituencies to monitor the situation, the elected leaders will be in a position not only to support their people in time of need , but to also properly advise government on how to address the fallouts of government policies.
He called on leaders of all segments of society to make sacrifices and show commitment at this critical period in the country’ s history .

https://punchng.com/peter-obi-kicks-over-coronavirus-lockdown/

Are you sure you understood what you read?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Kez11: 11:49am On Apr 11, 2020
Chosen1984:
The Federal Government of Nigeria should work with the GENUIE Servants of GOD in Nigeria in these times..

Nigeria is Blessed with Genuine Servants of GOD..

Nothing should be done in Isolation of GOD. It will be a Waste..

The State Governments should also do the same thing.. instead of Locking up the Churches , the GENUIE Servants of GOD Should majorly carried along!

His Excellency, Sanwolu should take note!

So we don't continue pouring water in a Basket

Can you please name the genuine servants of God in the country or your state.... What parameter(s) will be adopted to disqualify others?
Are you God?
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by kem83676: 11:53am On Apr 11, 2020
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by NaijadrivaCars: 11:56am On Apr 11, 2020
Tell them.
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by michoim(m): 11:57am On Apr 11, 2020
On point
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Trex4(m): 12:00pm On Apr 11, 2020
IkeOnyia:

Anthony Okafor
A former Governor of Anambra State , Mr Peter Obi , has warned against locking down the country over coronavirus scare, without alternative arrangements to cushion the effects of such action on the masses . Keyword

https://punchng.com/peter-obi-kicks-over-coronavirus-lockdown/

I'm sure you failed simple comprehension in English at your primary and secondary level. The keyword is just a few lines in the post you put there. Your wasted school fees should just have been shared to Nigerians that would have made use of the money. At least 19 of your fellow idiotás liked your post. Let that keep you happy.
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
I hear some Nigerians say things like, "me and my families are covered by the blood of Jesus" well..FYI If everyone else is infected by the virus except you and your families what do you think is going to happen to you and your families eventually?

Gullible and selfish fools.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by charlsecy(m): 12:12pm On Apr 11, 2020
IkeOnyia:

A former Governor of Anambra State , Mr Peter Obi , has warned against locking down the country over coronavirus scare, without alternative arrangements to cushion the effects of such action on the masses.
You apparently lack comprehension skills.

You wasted your time condemning yourself by posting what contracted your vituperation.
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by timip: 12:12pm On Apr 11, 2020
Relaxation of lockdown is good move,it's not politics but show of honour to God that He is alive;and it's only God that can help us in this predicament.
In my state(Bayelsa) people still go for shopping in market palaces, there you have large gathering than the church.
Let us stop spreading fears instead genuine information about this pandemic.
God please have mercy on the world.
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Houstency(m): 12:15pm On Apr 11, 2020
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by iammo(m): 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
Houstency:

Wetin your own dad donate? They use brain reason talk and not your ass, also focus on the topic

my dad is doing just fine with community service bet your dad is one thousandnairan dude

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Emotionss: 12:21pm On Apr 11, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
dirtydiva:
If ds man knew what people are facing because of lockdown then he for relax him mind. Some state did so just to help their citizen find something chop

Correct 9ja mentality.
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Houstency(m): 12:24pm On Apr 11, 2020
iammo:

my dad is doing just fine with community service bet your dad is one thousandnairan dude

Aptly described your Dad, it's glaring with the way you're always online to defend Buhari senselessly. Grow up!
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by iammo(m): 12:27pm On Apr 11, 2020
Houstency:

Aptly described your Dad, it's glaring with the way you're always online to defend Buhari senselessly. Grow up!

lol describe the poverty battling you rather than focus on others doing just absolutely fine

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Houstency(m): 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2020
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by solreb: 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2020
dirtydiva:
We are not praying for it but at least let some people find food chop. In my case, I hv not bn paid salary because of lockdown which affected my company and head office at VI Lagos and I m left begging for survival as I just started work new as a staff but if dey relax maybe I can receive salary when it is bn approved and stock up house

Obi is addressing those governors that relaxed lockdown only for religious reason. Wike announced in Rivers state on Thursday relaxing the lockdown for only religious activities (to celebrate Easter and Muslims to pray at Jumat) which is a foolish thing to do, the height of irresponsibility, just to gain political point. It means clearly he does not understand the importance of the lockdown.

But any discerning religious organisation ignores him and still observes lockdown of their parishes just like the Catholic directed all his priests yesterday not to conduct any service.
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by iammo(m): 12:34pm On Apr 11, 2020
Houstency:

All thanks to cheap data, riff-raffs, simpleton and never-do well like you can claim to be Dangote! We understand.

hunger brings out your frustration go eat some food young chap, you sound poor and bitter

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by guru90: 12:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
Pastors are getting angry everyday by day because of this lockdown!!!
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Heyitsmartins: 12:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
I’d like to recommend this great hacker who helped me when I was in some situation, hes very fast and reliable he will do everything you need, (cybertechhub100 at gmail dot com) ,I have been scammed a lot looking for a good hacker until i worked with this pro hacker that my colleague introduced me to, I must say he’s the best and most reliable one out there… his charges were quite very affordable. I had my credit card topped up and also my credit score boosted within 2 days of work. He’s so amazing. You welcome by the way.
He also cloned my wife’s phone… i’ve been able to see all her call logs,texts,emails,social media accounts and more for over 4 months now… She isnt even aware. All thanks to (cybertechhub100 at gmail dot com). Don’t hesitate to contact him.
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by emilas1979(m): 12:43pm On Apr 11, 2020
Why would he?
Charity they said begins at home.
Kastina allow religious worship/Gathering over time till now.
ALMUSTAQIM:
IF BUHARI COMES OUT TO STOP THESE RECKLESS AND STUPID GOVERNORS NOW. YOU WILL START HEARING BUHARI WANTS TO ISLAMIZE NIGERIA, THEY DON'T WANT US TO CELEBRATE EASTER AND SO ON.

ANYWAY, GOD BLESS NIGERIA

GOD BLESS PMB1523
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by Kingzeez10: 12:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
ALMUSTAQIM:
IF BUHARI COMES OUT TO STOP THESE RECKLESS AND STUPID GOVERNORS NOW. YOU WILL START HEARING BUHARI WANTS TO ISLAMIZE NIGERIA, THEY DON'T WANT US TO CELEBRATE EASTER AND SO ON.

ANYWAY, GOD BLESS NIGERIA

GOD BLESS PMB1523
You even went to far bro. If na MURIC you would have seen all those hypocrite Christians call the man unprintable names.
Re: Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons by mrvitalis(m): 12:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
edoairways:

Then provide food like your counterparts in Europe
From which money ...how much tax have u paid over the years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023: Vice-Presidential Candidates And Their Ages / Nigeria’s Foreign Reserve Is $3.7 Billion, Not $33.8 Billion - JP Morgan / Fayose May Have Escaped Impeachment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.