Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,210 members, 7,825,789 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Lockdown: Will Salaries Be Paid? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Will Salaries Be Paid? (784 Views)

FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria / Buhari: The Lockdown Will Last As Long As Our Advisers Say / Lai Mohammed: Lockdown Will Be Extended If Nigerians Don’t Behave Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lockdown: Will Salaries Be Paid? by Olodo24: 10:16pm On Apr 10, 2020
I'm having a dirty feeling that those of us in the private sector will receive just half of their salaries as the salaries are likely to be calculated based on the number of days at work. Some won't receive anything at all.

This is Nigeria where anything goes. I don't think anyone is working from home at this time because Nigeria is still not up to date with technology. Some employers don't pay salaries when there's no work going on.

I hope I'm wrong though
Re: Lockdown: Will Salaries Be Paid? by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:18pm On Apr 10, 2020
The government must make it a criminal offence should any employer refuses to pay workers at the end of the month during this lockdown .

But this is Nigeria sha
Re: Lockdown: Will Salaries Be Paid? by bender79: 10:23pm On Apr 10, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
The government must make it a criminal offence should any employer refuses to pay workers at the end of the month during this lockdown .

But this is Nigeria sha
Government cannot do anything about a private company that hasn't made profit and cannot pay salaries. Even abroad government is trying to support private small businesses so that they don't lay off staff.

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Will Salaries Be Paid? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 10, 2020
If FedGovt pays. Private won't.
Re: Lockdown: Will Salaries Be Paid? by helinues: 5:32am On Apr 11, 2020
Government supposed to pay, I don't know about private organisation oo..
Re: Lockdown: Will Salaries Be Paid? by helinues: 5:33am On Apr 11, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

But this is Nigeria sha

And where do you expect them to get the money from?

Are the business owners not also affected by the Coronavirus?

Criminal offense indeed

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Will Salaries Be Paid? by Acidosis(m): 5:38am On Apr 11, 2020
Before lockdown in Nigeria, some companies that depend on importation from China and other countries have been unable to make remarkable sales. There's nothing anyone can do about it. Layoff, half salaries, no salaries, are imminent. Government can only plead but can't enforce on this matter. Every damn person is affected one way or the other.

Some of the problems we complain about today have always been with us. Nigerians have always been hungry, greedy, corrupt, beggars, poor, stubborn, ignorant, import dependent, including on basic items, etc.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Will Salaries Be Paid? by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 11, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

But this is Nigeria sha
Very senseless post
Re: Lockdown: Will Salaries Be Paid? by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 11, 2020
helinues:

And where do you expect them to get the money from?

Are the business owners not also affected by the Coronavirus?

Criminal offense indeed
Don’t mind the dude. A lot of Nigerians are actually bereft if ability to reason logically. Everything is emotional with some fire brigade approach and that’s why we are where we are today.

As a business owner my plant couldn’t run and neither could I make tangible sales, but it should be criminal if I don’t pay salaries because I’m a charity organisation and not a business.

In Western countries, the governments are supporting private firms with cash to keep their employees paid. Ordinary palliative for citizens our useless government can’t get it right talk more of funding private coys but private organisations are his problem.

(1) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Dragged On Twitter; Guilty Of What He Dissed Oby Of / Abba Kyari Appeared To Me In A Dream – Femi Adesina / Answer The Question Correctly And Win Instant #5000 Recharge Card Of Your Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.