Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China (71435 Views)

Tinubu Intervenes As Security Aide Tried To Stop His Handshake With Razaq Okoya / Wike: Aircraft Abandoned By Amaechi In Germany, Retrieved, Repaired And Returned / Meet Abdul-razaq Abdulrahman's Father & 6 Siblings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by sarrki(m): 1:19pm On Apr 11, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpLhoAuauYs

Razaq Lawal, head of the Nigerian consulate in Guangzhou, Guangdong province of China, has tackled Chinese officials for seizing the passports of some Nigerians in the country.

In a trending video, Lawal was seen addressing a Chinese official he referred to as “director”. He accused the country of also discriminating against Nigerians by quarantining them illegally.

According to him, Nigerians who travelled to China were being made to undergo another round of 14 days quarantine after testing negative for coronavirus.

“COVID-19 started in Wuhan, China. When Chinese travelled to Nigeria that time, Nigeria didn’t quarantine them. These are the people that are living in China, they are not business men. That is what I’m telling you when you say money or life. They are here,” Lawal said.

“All the people that came from Nigeria for business, they are entitled to go for 14 days quarantine in line with what you sent to us as your policy. We agree with that.

“All these people, when they finish the 14 days quarantine, they give them a paper of release. Why are they still giving them another 14 days quarantine again? It is not acceptable. The first 14 days is attestable by us, another 14 days, you didn’t communicate with us. They have tested negative and they have given them the paper. Why are they doing another 14 days?”

Lawal, who was seen retrieving the seized passports of some Nigerians, further protested the seizure.

He likened it to “seizing Nigeria as a whole”, adding that it is unacceptable.

Citing Nigeria as an example, Lawal told the Chinese official that if the country wanted to quarantine people, it should not aim it at the citizens of a particular country but order a total lockdown.

“This passport belongs to the federal government of Nigeria. In line with international practice, no country has the right to seize the international passport of another country. I just withdrew it from them, they seized it. Why are they seizing Nigerian passports? It does not belong to China. If you seize Nigeria passport, it’s like you’re seizing Nigeria as a whole. It is not acceptable,” he said.

“You didn’t communicate to us that you’re going to go to all the Nigerian houses, ask them to come out and quarantine them. If you want to do your policy of 14 days, shut down everybody, don’t discriminate. Everybody should sit at home, including Chinese and you as a director. That is exactly what Nigeria did. We didn’t say only Nigerians should go to work while the Chinese are quarantined. No!”

https://www.thecable.ng/video-stop-seizing-the-passports-of-our-citizens-nigerian-diplomat-tackles-chinese-officials/amp

Let’s give honor to whom honor is due to

443 Likes 51 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by kunleweb: 1:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
Man of the year. I hope our media houses will do the needful. The man rode the Chinese dude like a 120 mph four wheeler on an 80 mph lane

He rode the Chinese so severely that even the Chinese who was a senior director became confused about what he was doing.

The dude rode the Chinese so rough, he didn't stop, he turned the car upside down and began to ride the dude/Car upside down on its roof cheesy ( Chai I dey imagine sha)

796 Likes 49 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:22pm On Apr 11, 2020
Dude really gave a good account of himself.
Why can't we move him to the US embassy and retire the old man there to go enjoy the rest of his days.

651 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by sarrki(m): 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
kunleweb:
Sarrki Don cum again o

Am a patriot

I won’t allow a patriot not being recognized

175 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by sarrki(m): 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
Agboriotejoye:
Dude really gave a good account of himself.
Why can't we move him to the US embassy and retire the old man there to go enjoy the rest of his days.

You are a patriot

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
That accent was an Afonja accent but they said he is a biafran cant be 100% sure but whatever the case his balls must be made of steel

grin grin grin

313 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by kunleweb: 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
sarrki:

Am a patriot

I won’t allow a patriot not being recognized

Like we don't know your aim. Extremist you go tire

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by sarrki(m): 1:26pm On Apr 11, 2020
kunleweb:

Like we don't know your aim. you go tire

Why is it that you are not proud of your ancestral name ?

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:34pm On Apr 11, 2020
sarrki:

You are a patriot
Really? shocked

Help me praise God o sarrki has anointed me patriot grin grin

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
Nice one.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by kunleweb: 1:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
sarrki:

Why is it that you are not proud of your ancestral name ?

I'm bigger than you ethnic bigot. Get lost

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by datola: 1:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
Real diplomat performing his official duty well.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by sarrki(m): 1:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
This is the real person that stood with Nigerians in diaspora

200 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by sarrki(m): 1:40pm On Apr 11, 2020
kunleweb:

I'm bigger than you ethnic bigot. Get lost

Just for pointing the truth to you?

Seriously you lack sense of reasoning

121 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by kunleweb: 1:45pm On Apr 11, 2020
sarrki:

Telling you that you lack decorum in public forum ?

I'm sure they can interpret information independently, rascist

12 Likes

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by tatatar: 1:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
Igbos are now claiming Afonja Muslim grin

178 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by sapientia(m): 2:18pm On Apr 11, 2020
Space booked

1 Like

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by sammyj: 2:27pm On Apr 11, 2020
I thought some miscreant from the SE claimed this credit to one of them rather than to a Nigerian. I hope this hatred to the other tribe will stop in order to enable us move forward. Hopefully the Nigerians in China didn’t care about the tribe of the man that delivered them from the evil Chinese government otherwise they would have rejected the passport from the man! wink I also blame this government that treats the Chinese as Kings at home while they treat us like slaves in their virus infested country!!!

184 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by oyoirabor: 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
S.tupid country full of Stu.pid people.

Always chasing shadows and fighting over imaginary supremacy. Come to think of a country without electricity, no national airline, no better hospital, unemployment high reach heaven and ruled by corrupt illiterates...a total shithole, yet everyday all you read is Afonja, Igbo, herdmen....my tribe is better than yours blablabla.....in a country tha can't boost of any meaningful thing in the entire world..? Haba

143 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by toffyz(m): 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
That's applaudable...Kudos to the man!

Outspoken!

31 Likes

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by efighter: 2:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
Deadratgrill:
That accent was an Afonja accent but they said he is a biafran cant be 100% sure but whatever the case his balls must be made of steel

grin grin grin

His dicck nko? Made of Aluminum?

7 Likes

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by efighter: 2:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
Tribalism will kill us. Chinese see the guy as a Nigerian fighting for Nigerians, but here at home, we are fighting over his tribe. Definitely, we are all idiots and I'm one of you

124 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by Echieteka50: 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
[s]
efighter:
Tribalism will kill us. Chinese see the guy as a Nigerian fighting for Nigerians, but here at home, we are fighting over his tribe. Definitely, we are all idiots and I'm one of you
[/s]

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by Echieteka50: 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
[s]
efighter:

His dicck nko? Made of Aluminum?
[/s]

6 Likes

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by Iamgrey5(m): 3:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
It's good he stood up for the good people of Nigeria.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by Auladimeji(m): 3:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
But the OSU were claiming himcheesy

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by madridguy(m): 3:12pm On Apr 11, 2020
Bros you should have ignore the guy. You knows him very well. Maybe you have forgotten, he was the person jubilating over the death of our dear brother, hungerbad and stated you and I are next. So stop giving him attention.

sarrki:

Just for pointing the truth to you?

Seriously you lack sense of reasoning

28 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

EFCC Discovers Hidden Money In Ikoyi Lagos Home (Photos, Video) / Boko Haram Leader “Abubakar Shekau” Reportedly In Government Custody / Dino Melaye Dancing And Praising God, As He Declares For Kogi Governorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.