Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,168 members, 7,835,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 (16307 Views)

First Human Case Of H5N1 Bird Flu Reported In Texas, US / NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria / Confirmed Case Of Monkeypox In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by divinehand2003(m): 4:10pm On Apr 11, 2020
The Kaduna State Government on Saturday, confirmed a new case of coronavirus. The new case had no connection to the first 5 cases, state government official has said. The number of COVID-19 infected persons in the state as at Friday, had risen to six.

Dr.Amina Mohammed Baloni, the Commissioner for Health said that the latest case was a male who worked as a gateman in the Mando area and recently returned from Lagos.

She said the 6th case had ‘’ traveled to Kaduna on public transport and made contact with the authorities as his symptoms worsened. The patient has been evacuated to the state’s Infectious Disease Centre. ‘’

According to Baloni, the latest case presented the nightmare scenario of possible community transmission of Covid-19 in the state .

‘’It is vey difficult and complicated to trace the contacts of a patient who came from Lagos via public transport and has had some instance of local commuting since his arrival,” she said.

‘’The Rapid Response Team is trying its utmost to elicit from him a list of his contacts, so that they can be traced and monitored. He does not know who his fellow passengers from Lagos were. But the team is working to develop an idea of his local contacts in Kaduna, including any vehicles he commuted in and people he met at the hospital he visited and within his neighbourhood,’’ she said

‘’It was in order to prevent and avert a scenario like this that the government has consistently appealed to the public to practice social distancing and directed commercial buses to carry no more than two passengers per row.’’

‘’The instances that have now being recorded of people spreading Covid-19 from one state to another further reinforces the need to stop all inter-state travel. People need to stay in one place and help reduce the footprint of Covid-19,’’ she said.

The government also outrightly banned motorcycle taxis and Keke Napeps because they do not satisfy the conditions for social distancing,she said.

“Avoid large gatherings and congregational prayers, now that there is a case of possible community transmission of Covid-19, residents must begin to take more seriously the quarantine conditions. ‘’

‘’It is important to stay at home, go out only when absolutely necessary and practice personal hygiene, especially washing hands with soap and water regularly. Residents should also observe respiratory hygiene.’’

” These are dangerous times, but we can work together to stop this disease from spreading. It is cheaper and better to prevent Covid-19 than to catch it,” she said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/kaduna-records-6th-case-of-covid-19/

Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by Adaogwashi1(f): 4:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hmm north will be worse hit if coronavirus enter there

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool

6 Likes

Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by divinehand2003(m): 4:22pm On Apr 11, 2020
This is getting crazier as the days unfold.

Just imagine the number of persons he had contact with as he boarded the bus from Lagos to Kaduna and the first private hospital he visited where he was initially thought to have malaria fever.

I feel all public parks involved in interstate travels should be closed down for now till this pandemic subsides.

17 Likes

Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by Kiddinpoh(m): 4:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ah! Not again. May God be with you guys oo.. Wash your hands regularly and maintain social distancing

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by Hakeem12(m): 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
Lagos seems to be the new overseas, it's like anyone that travels there now catches the virus. I thought there was travel restrictions in Lagos, this virus is a ticking time bomb, we can only hope it doesn't spread to clusters of communities. Nigeria isn't ready

10 Likes

Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by Slawormir: 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by Write4me(m): 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
And suddenly the narratives has changed from returning from Europe or China to returning from Lagos.

Lagos epicenter.

PS: Please why haven't we seen any Babalawo, Pastor or Alfa doing anything that can stop Covid-19? WTF did they think those money was for?

I guess they have all entered seclusion.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by Zombiekiller010: 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
Audio grin
Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by chinavs9ja(m): 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
This is becoming serious! The government should give stipends to their citizens so that they can co-operate with them. The situation where a country lockdown her citizens will always end up in failure because many won't be able to bare the hunger and many will sneak out to find possible means to cater for himself or herself. So, who knows if he/she has this coronavirus

Learn PHP language for free in this lockdown check my signature to add you up on our group
Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by sevyservice(m): 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
Sorry guyz
Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by StrikeBack(m): 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
E don de happen small small
Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by willexyaho(m): 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ok
Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by CAPSLOCKED: 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
MY NAME IS CHRIS OYAKHILOME, AND I HAVE A PHD IN SOME BULLSHIT COURSE... BUT 5G IS CORONAVIRUS AND MARK OF THE BEAST.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
The way North looks Dirty Ehh!!!
Coro will hit them the worst.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
Chap came from an anrea of high incidence...and came down with the virus.

Sad.
Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by rawtouch: 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2020
wink
it's about to go down, lockdown will be extended nationwide for a month, robbery and stealing and looting will begin, those in authority will be eaten raw by the poor masses

lock your doors, don't go out when it's late, avoid walking alone and sending your children on errands

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by DanseMacabre(m): 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2020
The plot thickens...

I laugh at my Kannawa friends telling me no COVIK in Kano.

I tell 'em, calm down make dem start to test first.

Just imagine that. The second most populous city in Nigeria, and nobody has been tested yet.

In case you don't know, Nigeria has failed us o.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by barnny(m): 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2020
What
God help us
Its not funny anymore. cry
Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by Alexanity(m): 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2020
Buhari should talk to the North he is the only one they will listen to

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by Perfecttouchade: 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2020
Coro don join egungun enter express o shocked

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by Luckydubby7(m): 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2020
So anybody that return from Lagos has corona virus just as those returning from USA, UK, China, Spain, Italy etc ... Just asking oooo.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by Totilopussylick(m): 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
Stay indoor ooo
Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by Abdulrahmann100: 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
May Almighty God completely heal all those that have been already tested positive for this deadly virus and protect all those that have not yet contact it together with all our family and friends, no matter how bad or worse its, i pray to Almighty God that it should never know it direction or it ways to our lifes and all our relatives and all our love ones amen
Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by Wyzkyd(m): 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
It has finished for kaduna

1 Share

Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by INTEGRITYA1(m): 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
Why are these cases are claiming to be as a result of the patients just returned from Lagos.

The case of the Doctor that was said to have died of Coronavirus after returning from Lagos, did the doctor took part in taking care of the confirmed cases or just walked through the streets of Lagos and he was infected.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by NaijaOlosho(f): 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
shocked hmmmmm
Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by AIT1(m): 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
God knows I'm tired of all this Corona virus News. The lockdown extension is imminent but the government is not doing anything to help the masses.

BTW, all those pastors and Alfas that do predict what will happen at the beginning of each year. How many of them predicted all these things we are going through now? Those guys just dey scam us since I swear.

It is well sha

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19 by picoba(m): 4:40pm On Apr 11, 2020

Now, coronavirus is in Nigeria. Once it enter north, you will hear eh....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products / PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? / Health Benefits of Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Coconut Oil -100% Pure Organic!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.