Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,584 members, 7,847,458 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:53 PM

Honda Accord 09 Is Hard To Start When Hot - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 09 Is Hard To Start When Hot (4032 Views)

Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? / My Car Is Hard To Start When Warm / Reasons Why Steering Wheel Always Hard To Turn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda Accord 09 Is Hard To Start When Hot by aca77: 6:21pm On Apr 12, 2020
sultaan:

Note that it always start when cold only turns when hot which looks more like a fuel pump relay problem.

You always start you diagnosis and fix with the cheapest and most likely culprit.Don't just throw parts at it

Very helpful bro. Also note that the starting isn't the only issue. Poor acceleration with dragging sound as well (especially in first gear, and then slight vibration when throttling in second gear). Still part of the fuel pump relay problem?
Re: Honda Accord 09 Is Hard To Start When Hot by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
aca77:

Bros, which other symptoms did yours give? And also, how much does it cost to change the fuel pump?

Mine was accord 04, starts easily in d morning and drives as smooth until it gets hot, I would not notice if I just drive to the office and back home, but during extended drives it becomes hot I think and begins to loose power, sometimes it loses power drastically when I am climbing a hilly terrain after extended drives, after sometime, it started parking me in awkward places, I would sometime have to wait in a nearby bar, chill with a bottle while waiting for it to cool, funny enough, once cool, it starts one hand and drives peacefully like ogbanje.

Solution, I was advices to scan, I did and was clearly told, FUEL PUMP.

Now, a lot of pple advices me to buy toks fuel pump from mgbuka obosi, that new ones do not last, but I took d advice of a friend and bought a new fuel pump, not complete, just d fuel pump sumo, and it was changed, I think this was about April last year and it's been cool ever since.
Re: Honda Accord 09 Is Hard To Start When Hot by aca77: 11:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
princeeze1:

Mine was accord 04, starts easily in d morning and drives as smooth until it gets hot, I would not notice if I just drive to the office and back home, but during extended drives it becomes hot I think and begins to loose power, sometimes it loses power drastically when I am climbing a hilly terrain after extended drives, after sometime, it started parking me in awkward places, I would sometime have to wait in a nearby bar, chill with a bottle while waiting for it to cool, funny enough, once cool, it starts one hand and drives peacefully like ogbanje.

Solution, I was advices to scan, I did and was clearly told, FUEL PUMP.

Now, a lot of pple advices me to buy toks fuel pump from mgbuka obosi, that new ones do not last, but I took d advice of a friend and bought a new fuel pump, not complete, just d fuel pump sumo, and it was changed, I think this was about April last year and it's been cool ever since.

I can imagine. I just need to know all the possible angles before I go to the mechanic, to avoid them telling me stories to rip me off.

How much did you buy the fuel pump sumo?
Re: Honda Accord 09 Is Hard To Start When Hot by sultaan(m): 11:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
aca77:

Very helpful bro. Also note that the starting isn't the only issue. Poor acceleration with dragging sound as well (especially in first gear, and then slight vibration when throttling in second gear). Still part of the fuel pump relay problem?

That is where a scan can help, you need proper diagnosis
Re: Honda Accord 09 Is Hard To Start When Hot by kellystech(m): 11:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
aca77:

The fuel assembly consists of what components precisely, and how much did the fix cost you?
it consists of the fuel filter and pump basically, try getting the oem specified fuel pump so u can get the right fuel pressure and get a brand new fuel filter
Re: Honda Accord 09 Is Hard To Start When Hot by orahfrancis(m): 8:49am On Apr 14, 2020
Bro i had similar experience with my Peugeot 307. The issue was fuel pump and blocked catalyst.
Re: Honda Accord 09 Is Hard To Start When Hot by Hydaraliu: 7:50am On Mar 11, 2022
kellystech:
it consists of the fuel filter and pump basically, try getting the oem specified fuel pump so u can get the right fuel pressure and get a brand new fuel filter
aca77:
Experienced brothers what could be the cause? The car starts normally when engine is cool, but when you drive around for some time and then put off the engine, if you try to start it back almost immediately it drags slowly and refuses to start one hand.

Also, the acceleration is poor when trying to ascend a hilly road. Sounds like it's struggling (like exhaust leakage kinda sound), but it's not the exhaust.

I'll appreciate any expert advice on this before I take it to the mechanic, to avoid rip-off.

Hello. I would like to know if you are able to solve this issue and how did you go about it as I am having nothing but the same issue with my Accord 09.

Thanks.
Re: Honda Accord 09 Is Hard To Start When Hot by Dozieson(m): 11:12am On Mar 11, 2022
Hydaraliu:

Hello. I would like to know if you are able to solve this issue and how did you go about it as I am having nothing but the same issue with my Accord 09.

Thanks.

I think the fuel pump was the culprit

It is better to scan to know the exact issue

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change / Is The Uber Business Still Lucrative In Lagos? / How To Know If Your Number Plate Is Genuine Or Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.