Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,884 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

How To Influence People In Business And Get What You Want - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Influence People In Business And Get What You Want (1583 Views)

Buhari Sends Chief Of Staff To Supreme Court To Influence Judgment Today / Ebola Hoax Set To Return To Nigeria In Time To Influence Elections / Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Influence People In Business And Get What You Want by mrinfo(m): 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2011
Several years ago while still new in college I read Dale Carnegie’s timeless work 'How to Win Friends and Influence People' but didn’t realize the importance of the lessons in personal life until almost a year later.

I needed money badly and wrote my uncle twice for money without success. I called on the phone and was told how difficult things were with his business. I suddenly had an idea and wrote him another letter. This time I didn’t mention my financial needs but instead asked detailed questions after his ICT business (I worked there on holidays so I knew a bit about the business) making some suggestions and closed the letter by wishing him well. The next day I got a bank deposit alert. He had sent the money.

I had connected emotionally and empathically with him. I, for once, had set aside my own selfish yearnings and tried to address his own problems. Only then did he feel the urge to help me out as well. Human nature no matter the twists have basic emotional paths.

When seeking something from another person be it contract, sales, debt payment, favour etc remember to pause and access the unique problems of the other and make concerted efforts to help him with his troubles. You do that and you will not find it difficult to get what you want from the individual. Man has a sense of obligation to repay favours or good deeds rendered to him.

Self Improvement, Business Ideas @ http://masterpoint..com
Re: How To Influence People In Business And Get What You Want by mrinfo(m): 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2011
The Psychology of giving when you want to take works in both business and personal dealings.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Set To Embrace Mechanized Farming / Nairaland! Fake News Forum / Educate The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.