Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,561 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) (46128 Views)

President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On EndSARS Protests (Live Updates) / President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) / Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by kaey10(m): 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2020
Yankee101:
1k per person truly in need. No new accounts. Quote me
2059914420 UBA
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by Reference(m): 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
Neoteny7:

Pandemics are precisely health issues. In every country with a lockdown it's the scientific advisers calling the shorts, especially with regards to the length of the lockdown.

The UK, France and India just announced extensions or no change in existing lockdowns.

I also challenge your assumptions that the lockdowns abroad are just to protect the healthcare systems from being swamped. It's more to prevent community infections, because lockdowns minimize human interactions. Given the fatality rate of Covid-19 at around 3.4%, it implies a great many people will recover, and it generally takes about 3 weeks on average to fully recover. If the virus spread is stopped in its tracks and people recover while the most seriously ill who won't recover pass away, the virus will completely be gone.

Also, the healthcare systems simply only attend to the most sick, especially those who need intubation. The majority are isolated to recover naturally.

There's no country whose strategy is not lockdown.

Not all countries are locked down. Sweden, Brazil and even Japan that got its first case way back in January is not locked down. Some countries have at the heart of their strategy a rigorous testing regime for the virus. Others for the antibodies so that they know who can get back to work.

Secondly, yes every leader is sounding politically correct by stating that the science will determine their strategies going forward. The WHO has warned about that as well but what we have seen is that China has restarted its economy to an extent so has Korea and even Spain. Italy is planning for next week. Trump has vowed for May. That is the reality. The science will be taken in context by everyone eventually.

Mark this. Countries will take risks ahead of any vaccine and will be prepared for a tolerable level of casualties. No country will be able to wait till it has zeroed its cases. Most countries will find the ways and means to move forward.
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by rationalhuman(m): 9:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
Agreed and add on, Just today i was reading that Worlds Largest Petrochemical Refiner Reliance India has announce to give 25% extra salary during lockdown so that workers will dont have to take financial stress, Can we imagine in this continent?
I was reading worldwide donations and those Indian Business owners literally opened there vault for their nation, Here we all look for some "Extra Income" doesnt matter we are Rich or POOR.

Reference:

You can do better than this. India is rolling out 27 billion dollars stimulus. The Spanish construction industry has restarted. Italy to follow shortly even with a pan EU stimulus of 500 million dollars and solid job guarantees.

Four weeks means a whole payroll cycle is lost. How many firms in Nigeria will be able to continue in business without mass retrenchment. Will their workers form part of the poor, eligible for bailouts....
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by iFukSimplyleo: 9:40pm On Apr 13, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
shocked

Lol obviously they are locking us down till a cure finally arrives ..

they definitely know something we don't know

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by lamideee(f): 9:41pm On Apr 13, 2020
Yankee101:
I am interested 2081425699 UBA
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by iFukSimplyleo: 9:43pm On Apr 13, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

Your fake ex.
grin
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by iFukSimplyleo: 10:14pm On Apr 13, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Who is your next of kin
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by iFukSimplyleo: 10:14pm On Apr 13, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

You can watch it on YouTube or you no get credit for that one too?
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by luluman: 10:27pm On Apr 13, 2020
Greystone:
Lockdown to be extended till 1st October

It's a joke oh... God help us all

FTC....again
Do you joke with everything?
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by DEADALIVE: 10:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
Neoteny7:

The cases in china are imported infections, and that's the whole point towards global lockdown: we're only as secure as the last infected country.

If we don't find a cure or vaccine then we'd have to stay until the virus burns out, else people will travel and introduce a second wave of infections.

Staying home and lockdowns is how china defeated its first wave, it's how Italy and Spain rode out their epidemics, and now new york and the UK are seeing a flattening of the infamous curve.
I will never forget this statement....just so you know i keep an eye on you i believe you are well prepared for the duration of the lock down...best regards
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by Anwons(m): 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2020
Jaeis:
[s][/s]

Very easy to spot a daft person on NL

Who is this thing again that's trying to constitute nuisance while the nation is working hard to wipe out the existing ones? Like father like son syndrome.
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by Nigeriapen(m): 11:08pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nigerian Police Arrested Robbers That Doesn't Allow The People Of Agege In Lagos Unrest

WATCH VIDEO BELOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xBsh1g0I0Y[/b]
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 13, 2020
Anwons:

Who is this thing again that's trying to constitute nuisance while the nation is working hard to wipe out the existing ones? Like father like son syndrome.

Drab!
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by Caleb4show: 11:19pm On Apr 13, 2020
Yankee101:

Acct: 0370537509 GTBank
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by hstar: 11:23pm On Apr 13, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by Dansuqi: 11:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
Yankee101:
Hmmm
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by autonomous22: 11:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
PUSSYHOE:
our coro patients no get picture?

God 4bid.. But if na u dey sick am, and dem display ur picture u go like am?

Use ur head...
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by Scout60(m): 11:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
Yankee101:

Received.... thanks
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by Brunicekid(m): 11:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
Reference:

Not all countries are locked down. Sweden, Brazil and even Japan that got its first case way back in January is not locked down. Some countries have at the heart of their strategy a rigorous testing regime for the virus. Others for the antibodies so that they know who can get back to work.

Secondly, yes every leader is sounding politically correct by stating that the science will determine their strategies going forward. The WHO has warned about that as well but what we have seen is that China has restarted its economy to an extent so has Korea and even Spain. Italy is planning for next week. Trump has vowed for May. That is the reality. The science will be taken in context by everyone eventually.

Mark this. Countries will take risks ahead of any vaccine and will be prepared for a tolerable level of casualties. No country will be able to wait till it has zeroed its cases. Most countries will find the ways and means to move forward.
VERY TRUE!!!!!
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by idealogical: 12:06am On Apr 14, 2020
Neoteny7:

Pandemics are precisely health issues. In every country with a lockdown it's the scientific advisers calling the shorts, especially with regards to the length of the lockdown.

The UK, France and India just announced extensions or no change in existing lockdowns.

I also challenge your assumptions that the lockdowns abroad are just to protect the healthcare systems from being swamped. It's more to prevent community infections, because lockdowns minimize human interactions. Given the fatality rate of Covid-19 at around 3.4%, it implies a great many people will recover, and it generally takes about 3 weeks on average to fully recover. If the virus spread is stopped in its tracks and people recover while the most seriously ill who won't recover pass away, the virus will completely be gone.

Also, the healthcare systems simply only attend to the most sick, especially those who need intubation. The majority are isolated to recover naturally.

There's no country whose strategy is not lockdown.

Excellent post.
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by viktuur8(m): 3:59am On Apr 14, 2020
So it's been a bad two weeks, what started as a 'somehow i'll manage' has quickly turned into a very dire situation. Paying part rent and settling bills shortly before the lockdown did have me getting into isolation with very little left on me. I haven't had any food to eat more than 24hrs now. I've exhausted whatever change left on me, even accrued debts with the neighbourhood foodstuff seller. Please i'll appreciate any hand out, anything will do, i'll be very grateful for the assistance. Thanks as you help a brother 2062119560 UBA
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by Demmama7(m): 6:10am On Apr 14, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by Demmama7(m): 6:14am On Apr 14, 2020
Indoors

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by Brunicekid(m): 6:38am On Apr 14, 2020
Demmama7:

Received. May the great God of heaven replenish you greatly sir.
Thank you so much
Wow..

.God bless the person that blessed you.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by Scout60(m): 8:48am On Apr 14, 2020
Yankee101:
[s]1k per person truly in need. No new accounts. Quote me[/s]

Closed. We have enough for today

thanks so much. God replenish your pocket

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by Kingmoney7: 9:41am On Apr 14, 2020
Tjohnnay:
Live or recorded
Make una dey decive una sef.. dm don record dis tn already useless people
for Cuba again abi
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by cray91(m): 12:40pm On Apr 14, 2020
And He Did already So We Are waiting for You To Storm Aso Rock
ALCOHOLKILLS:
If that old man extend this lockdown, I will storm aso rock with boys and beat the hell out of him, what nonsense angry sad
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by Brunicekid(m): 11:18am On Apr 17, 2020
Really?
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by ZhiosonWind: 8:56pm On May 01, 2020
Don't blame
Re: Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) by hstar: 11:56pm On Jul 10, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Borno Shoe Shiners Vs Abia Shoe Makers - Reno Omokri Tweets / President Buhari's Congratulatory Tweet To D'Tigress: Nigerians React (Photos) / Photos Of House Of Jelili Adesiyan In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.