Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,130 members, 7,829,023 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life (55019 Views)

Domestic Abuse: All The Women In These Pictures Are Dead! All Within 5 Months / A Man Got Married To Two Women In Obudu Cross River State / Married Life Versus Baby Daddy Life, Which Is Likely To Prolong A Man's Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Wendybrown(f): 10:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
AfroKnight:
This funny and needless.

A man’s loyalty is compartmentalised. If your wife puts you in a position where you have to decide if she’s more important than your mother then you married a idîot for a wife.

you've spoken well

1 Like

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Evercurious(f): 10:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
missimelda01:
True to an extent.

It still bothers me how a mother can reject a lady her son has spent time knowing, does it mean that she doesn't trust his judgement or something. Obi is gonna be a man someday and would need a mind of his own, women should know where to draw the line.

But we all know that some ladies do manipulate the guys . so his decisions could be impaired which we all know as women.. So dont blame mothers a times.. WE DONT NEED TO PRETEND NOT TO KNOW WHAT SOME LADIES CAN DO. DO WE?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Evercurious(f): 10:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
etrange:
It is not by labels. You don't automatically assume the position of "most important" simply because you happened to be the mum or the wife. The man places you in your position based on where you place him in your own life....

I LOVE THIS.. AND THIS PRINCIPLE WORKS . But unnecessary emotions won't allow some people apply it

3 Likes

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by cameeeeel(m): 10:34pm On Apr 15, 2020
Mizwisdom:
A man should love his wife more
ur son will also love his wife more
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Evercurious(f): 10:36pm On Apr 15, 2020
jericco1:
My mum definitely has no say in whom I'm gonna get married to undecided

And remember to take responsibility for your actions when the odds are against you since you made sure no one had a say

4 Likes

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by jericco1(m): 10:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
Evercurious:

And remember to take responsibility for your actions when the odds are against you since you made sure no one had a say

I never said no one will have a say, read again undecided
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Malawian(m): 10:45pm On Apr 15, 2020
My Mother will always be first.
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Evercurious(f): 10:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
jericco1:

I never said no one will have a say, read again undecided

Well since you emphasis is on your mother, then you must have known her well enough and of course believe that you can't trust her discretion.. If not, then think again cos I have a brother that went your way and right now as the other guy told you 'he ended up with a MADAM' with issues here and there

It's okay shaa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by jericco1(m): 10:47pm On Apr 15, 2020
Evercurious:

Well since you emphasis is on your mother, then you must have known her well enough and of course believe that you can't trust her discretion..

It's okay shaa

Thank you
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by tomasi(m): 10:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
This is a hypothesis, all you need do is to turn it into a proper study by carrying out a research using these assumptions and come up findings that would contribute to knowledge.
Someone can take this work of yours and make a name for himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by AstroG: 10:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
Plut01:

Hahahaa
No be only you man. I have just 130 naira for my account and right now, the only reason am still holding my phone is to check any message that enters it.

Nah yesterday i chop last. Make them share am shaparly before 12 tomorrow oo

Send your Aza,make ah credit you
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by orumba(m): 10:57pm On Apr 15, 2020
Just funny. Place aunties somewhere
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by adexpa(m): 10:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
missimelda01:
True to an extent.

It still bothers me how a mother can reject a lady her son has spent time knowing, does it mean that she doesn't trust his judgement or something. Obi is gonna be a man someday and would need a mind of his own, women should know where to draw the line.

What parents sees sitting, kids will never see even clamping Kilimanjaro(mother does because they are the ones that always take spiritual things serious, fathers don't really care). My own opinion is that parents should involve in their children's activities early enough before it will get to verge of decision before they will come up with their observations and aside spiritual issue, I don't think tribal issue should be their reasons. Many youths don't take spiritual issues serious this days. That you are not compatible spiritually doesn't mean the girl/boy is bad, they are not just compatible spiritually n they have to accept that and move on to the right person..... No need staying in relationship for long before clarifying that kind of things. Don't glue yourselves emotionally and sexually before clarifying key issues.

On what op wrote, I have some men who decided their life themselves up until they get married... They do not allow sisters or mothers to come in.... They are not common...they are called Omo odo agba (I am talking from experience)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by bukhety(f): 11:31pm On Apr 15, 2020
etrange:
It is not by labels. You don't automatically assume the position of "most important" simply because you happened to be the mum or the wife. The man places you in your position based on where you place him in your own life....
overwise worry u. abeg chop knuckle

1 Like

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by djon78(m): 11:39pm On Apr 15, 2020
Sterope:
Awon mama's boys association. Who would be stupid enough to marry you?

Do you mean that I will go through all the wahala, then introduce a man to my parents and they will say no. Lmao. They must be ready to have an old spinster.

Most times its the guys parents that say no. And some parents there no is no.
Without there prayers, support and blessings.
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by djon78(m): 11:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
MansoryMX:

Anambra mothers just left the group chat.

grin grin Wetin our mama do you now?
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by ThefemaleKing: 11:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
Mother is the most important woman in a man’s life. I wish all ladies will know this and stop trying too hard to be number one grin. I even fear men that claim that their Mother is not number one.
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Semaj77(m): 11:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
tk4rd:
The final decisions of any man is being influenced most of the time by the opinions of the women in his life.

At every stage in life, the order of importance of the opinions of these women vary a lot.
With this topic, I tried to pinpoint these stages in a man's life and the order of importance of the opinions of these women in his life.
1. Long Before Marriage.
a. Mother
b. Sisters
c. Girlfriends
2. Close To Marriage.
a. Mother
b. Fiancée
c. Sisters
3. Immediately Into The Marriage
a. Wife
b. Mother
c. Sisters
4. When The Children Are All Grown
a. Wife
b. Daughters
c. Mother
5. Randy Husband
a. Wife
b. Girlfriend
c. Mother
6. Crazy Husband
a. Girlfriend(s).
Ok..
This now brings me to the argument about why mothers have a very big opinion in the choosing of life-partners of their sons.
Assuming that it was a decision that would affect the man alone such as business, place of work, investments, projects and so on, he has the liberty Not to involve anybody, nor seek anybody's opinion, and nobody would say anything about it.
But in the case of choosing a life partner, the man's family will definitely be involved. Both families will be involved. Kindreds are involved too.

The man in an attempt to carry his family along, would go to seek his father's opinion. His father would then discuss with his own wife and his other grown children (that is, the man's mother and brothers and sisters).

After that, the man's mother (wife of the man's father) who now knows what the problem of the son is, would now make out time to talk to him in a language he would understand better, which includes knowing more about the lady in question, and having her invited over at the house once or twice for series of one-on-one interactions with her.

And trust me, if the fiancée had not done her homework well, and it happens that the man's mother doesn't like what she sees in the lady, the mother can easily talk her son out of it, and the fiancée's opinion cannot do much at this point because the man's father will support his own wife (the man's mother), and the man in question wouldn't want to be against his father.
Meanwhile, a woman's family can also reject a man they don't like too., but there must be strong reasons for that to happen.

If a woman's family happens to reject a suitor and the woman went ahead to bring him home, they would reject the bride price openly, and there would not be any marriage rites performed again.

This particular topic about women would be discussed another day anyway.

I am more interested in the men for now.

For most men , their daughters become number one once they are born
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Obakoolex(m): 12:01am On Apr 16, 2020
kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Plut01: 12:16am On Apr 16, 2020
[quote author=AstroG post=88488873]

Send your Aza,make ah credit you[/
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by jelel6: 12:48am On Apr 16, 2020
Mama is mama.
Wife is wife.
Sister is Sister.

Nobody has to come first and second and whatever...

1 Like

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Bobotic(m): 1:48am On Apr 16, 2020
Yeah...But Some Of Us Are Still In The Hustling Field

Marriage is Compulsory..

But Early Marriage That Hungers Some Girls In The Society Today Is Inferior cool cool cool

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Sterope(f): 2:38am On Apr 16, 2020
Exactly. I wouldn't marry a man whose parents had said 'no' for no tangible reason.

djon78:

Most times its the guys parents that say no. And some parents there no is no.
Without there prayers, support and blessings.
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by sucess001(m): 2:46am On Apr 16, 2020
missimelda01:
True to an extent.

Becks she knows women more than the way a man will know a woman...

Same way I will know a man's behaviour than my daughter can ever know a man

1 Like

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by zonax(m): 3:40am On Apr 16, 2020
Nnemuka:
idiotic post
Very idiotic post

1 Like

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Ododoeye0020(m): 4:06am On Apr 16, 2020
Mother
Wife
&Daughter
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by AstroG: 4:58am On Apr 16, 2020
Plut01:

First bank

God bless you bro

Sent
Manage the 2k

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Karlifate: 5:55am On Apr 16, 2020
etrange:
You're right.

1 Like

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Pstarogood0100: 5:58am On Apr 16, 2020
I concur

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Blasts His Daughter Over Her Profile Photo / What A Nigeria Woman Can Do, An Oyibo Woman Can Do Better, Caption This Photo / Husband Bites His Wife’s Fingers In Port-Harcourt For Refusing Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.