Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) (57395 Views)

A Lost Purse From 1957 Found Inside Ohio School Wall 63 Years Later (Photos) / Man Shields Girlfriend From Attack As Ohio Gunman Opens Fire In Unseen Footage / Thousands Of Muslims Protest Against Isis And Terrorism In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by Ejyksneh(m): 6:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
Go and sit down mafrend
Adaogwashi1:
@livingsage this is how it is done in civilized place like USA and Delta state not south west that turn it into one million gang robbers cheesy grin

I still remain Ada ogwashi grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by watchindelta(m): 6:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
Who get cap no get head lol. Yeye constitution right to kill other ppl abi, dey gv u ppl food n who is working money! Still fn dey right? Naija hv non.

2 Likes

Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by Felicity0001: 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
SoNature:
These guys should be happy they have a government that pays them $1,200 per month to cushion the effect of the lockdown. I hear they want the government to make it $1200 every 2 weeks

I can authoritatively write that Americans who lost their jobs as a result of the lockdown will have their rents paid by the government.

Indeed, these Americans do not understand the value of what they have because they are still protesting. It's a shame!

They should come to Nigeria and see the fraud we have in this country in the name of government giving out audio palliatives
Not every American is qualifies to have the stimulus so stop spreading your ignorance in public.

Getting the government stimulus requires some criteria and not everyone in America has gotten the stimulus as seen or read on SM.

2 Likes

Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by jericco1(m): 6:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
They are hungry undecided
Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by Agberooo: 6:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:
They not even up to 100.

In coming weeks now, more than half could have contacted the virus.
[/s]
Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by ttmacoy: 6:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
The $1,200 is one plus $500 per child. So a couple with 2 kids will get $3,400 one off.

In addition unemployment benefits has been increased by $600 a week so depending on the state people will get about $1000 a week e.g. Illinois has a max unemployment benefit of $471 a week which means a total of $1,071 a week with the Federal boost.

Some states like Minnesota have a max unemployment benefit of $700 a week which means they will get $1,300 a week.

I agree with you many do not appreciate what they are getting, however I will not necessarily consider this a protest with 200 people. The headline made it sound like the whole city was up in arms.

SoNature:
These guys should be happy they have a government that pays them $1,200 per month to cushion the effect of the lockdown. I hear they want the government to make it $1200 every 2 weeks

I can authoritatively write that Americans who lost their jobs as a result of the lockdown will have their rents paid by the government.

Indeed, these Americans do not understand the value of what they have because they are still protesting. It's a shame!

They should come to Nigeria and see the fraud we have in this country in the name of government giving out audio palliatives

1 Like

Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by kay7: 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
Notice how protesters were civil and maintained social distancing. Police were civil and maintained peace-no shooting

Imagine similar protest in our dear country.
Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by Babapyro: 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
wisdomiskey:

As stated in my original post:

Keeping infected people quarantined is one thing, but keeping healthy people under house arrest in the name of "lockdown" is tyranny.
Hear yourself speak,you think its possible to get every single person infected, this virus doesn't show symptoms sometimes and it's airborne, their hospitals are overfilled already so you want them to let this fools out so that they can times their current cases in a week right ,like they're not getting enough deaths already.

1 Like

Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by Babapyro: 6:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
SoNature:

I lived there for years and I have friends and family there,most of them are very grateful and are in support of the lockdown but as usual you will still find some unfortunate entitled miscreants among them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by Abeyjide: 6:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:
That's protest with sense intact..
Not here in Nigeria .
even maintaining social distance
Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by IJEYdiamond(f): 6:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
How many weeks did the governor ask for that this set of beings r speaking fundamentals rights... well i hope the fundamental right no go kee una... because i dont if they r blind to what is going on in New york....

Yeye things.... !!!

Excess freedom na wetin cause this rubbish..

1 Like

Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by peacettw: 6:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
clevvermind:
God will punish China for this wickedness

I liked this because the right word to describe the Chinese government lack of full disclosure about this disease to the world is indeed wickedness.

1 Like

Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by musicwriter(m): 6:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
The global capitalist devils are actually waiting to see how much they can get away with before people would react. The world is now waiting for their vaccine + the new world order.

1 Like

Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by saajus: 6:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
Lol. "Police why u still dey curse na, you Don catch me na"
JunctionBox:
E don dey red. Whoever is behind this corona, e no go ever better for the person.
Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by Mongomeyen(m): 6:23pm On Apr 15, 2020
Their own good I swear.

SoNature:

Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by xcabczyxabczzzz: 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2020
sarrki:
I thought I will be seeing Nigeria pics

This people have started getting their stimulus checks hitting the bank through direct deposit since Saturday

They just playing politics
What's wrong with you?
Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by ttmacoy: 6:27pm On Apr 15, 2020
I agree it will have to be paid for one way or the other and governments will have to adopt some form of austerity in the future to pay it, but it is necessary now as the impact of a literal economic stoppage of economic activities can be devastating and will be worse if nothing is done.

Also many of the job losses are actually furloughs and many should be able to get back to work once things start to open up. Obviously some jobs and businesses will not recover but the expectation is majority should. If the lockdown goes on for too long then it is unsustainable.

I think the recovery will be quicker than 2008 given the cause and fundamentals, this is not comparable to 2008 to me. But as I said the longer the lockdown the higher the chance of a longer recession.

Both Republicans and Democrats have also started talking more about infrastructure spending. This is way overdue for the US and was required irrespective of the current crisis, so the timing makes sense to boost the economy after such a shock.

wisdomiskey:

If you understand Economics, you would know that all this money the government is 'dashing out' will be accounted for in one way or the other - and if this continues, prepare for an economic crash/recession that will hit the world much worse than 2008!

1 Like

Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by FLYFIRE(m): 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
Eyes don dey open

1 Like

Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by saajus: 6:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
We are preventing the vulnerable chick from straying into its untimely death, yet it insists that it must forage for food on the garbage dump.

1 Like

Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by darlenese(f): 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
senseless protest

see who were given stimulus packages are protesting , come to Nigeria and see people being killed for coming out.
Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by faithfull18(f): 6:34pm On Apr 15, 2020
Hmmn!
Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by simols(m): 6:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
Any Amount for food please. 0032659385 diamond bank. Am begging.
Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by bukatyne2: 6:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
wisdomiskey:
Crowds gathered outside of the Ohio Statehouse in Columbus during Gov. Mike DeWine's daily COVID-19 press briefing on the afternoon of April 13 to protest statewide shutdowns.

This isn't the first protest regarding the pandemic-related business closures and stay at home order: About 75 protestors gathered on Thursday, April 9.

Approx 200 - 300 people have protested thus far and none of protestors can be seen wearing cloth face masks at the gathering. It also appears the recommended six-foot social distancing guideline to prevent the spread of the virus was largely ignored. People are sick and tired of having their constitutional rights being stripped away for a virus more similar to the common Flu and not as deadly as it's being portrayed.

Keeping infected people quarantined is one thing, but keeping healthy people under house arrest in the name of "lockdown" is tyranny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3-Bw8JxpO8

The modern man's fight for individual rights against the common good of society will be his downfall.

3 Likes

Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by edwardds(m): 6:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:
That's protest with sense intact..

Not here in Nigeria .

It's too late it has started in Delta

1 Like

Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by edwardds(m): 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
wisdomiskey:

As stated in my original post:

It's the truth You can't lock down people too long. Let WHO use Taiwan as case study...
Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by Dirpetaner: 6:45pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ha, as the world dey tech advance reach we no fit get cure for the disease caused by the tiniest organism. God help us all. God is great! Hunger is a universal language

1 Like

Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by NewBalance: 6:47pm On Apr 15, 2020
musicwriter:
The global capitalist devils are actually waiting to see how much they can get away with before people would react. The world is now waiting for their vaccine + the new world order.

You guys are truly paranoid.

There would be several vaccines from different countries.

When they get to you please reject each one.

1 Like

Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by bergs2: 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2020
The man of rebellion is about to be unleashed
Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by bluefilm: 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2020
clevvermind:
God will punish China for this wickedness

It's not China.

It's Bill Gates.

God will definitely punish Bill Gates for his extreme wickedness.
Re: People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) by 3kay945(m): 6:54pm On Apr 15, 2020
These people have forgotten that they don't have the grace (whatever it might be) nigerians have.

The number of dead people in that country isn't scared them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Caught Posing As A Female To Attract Men / Queen Elizabeth II's Secret Letter To Citizens Of Sydney To Be Opened In 2085 / "Bill Clinton Raped Me & Hillary Clinton Threatened Me" - Trump's Supporter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.