Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? (68240 Views)

Kekwaru Ngozi Mary Gets Free Canada Permanent Residency After Returning $70,000 / How Do You Obtain A Covid19 Vaccination Certificate? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Olalekanbanky1(m): 5:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
Kekereekun123:
manitoba pnp has been paused since july 2019. Seems they found out many people were doing arrangee relative which is a compulsory requirement

Owh I see. I knw someone dat still entered this January tho.
Tnx for the time

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Ijiimmayi: 5:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
Thanks a lot bro. God bless
RuudVanNisteroy:

1)There are many two year post graduate diploma courses with accredited Universities or Colleges that will qualify for permanent residency. Not every one has the finance to pursue an undergraduate degree that takes a minimum of 4 years.
2) I am not aware of any accredited school that doesn't have an english requirement to write TOEFL or IELTS. Double check to make sure the intended school is accredited
3) The cost ranges depending on which school you get admission to. Can range from $20,000-$40000 for a 2 year diploma program and 20 credits at cost of around a minimum of $1000 per credit.
4) You are only allowed to work maximum of 20/hrs a week and during May-August can work unlimited hours. It is possible to cover most of your tuition if you work two jobs over summer(May-August). You can possible make up to $20,000 in a year if you work two jobs or get a good internship for example in the oil industry from (May-August)
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by despi64(m): 6:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

They can easily call your bank to verify the statement is authentic and ask further question about the inflow and outflows into your account over a time period.
There are some comprised bank staff, that are willing to do things for extra money. They are in a position to help people move money into their account on a short term basis to meet the minimum financial requirement.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Solatium(m): 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
wickyyolo:

My guy got a job in NNPC . He left Ireland and came back.

If there is money. I’d rather stay in naija. But the money is not readily available. But if I see the Kaali. Nah to stay back oh

Your guy don hammer,he is in the league of at least ₦700k a month before tax.
Baba God answer my prayer too

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 22, 2020
Olalekanbanky1:

Owh I see. I knw someone dat still entered this January tho.
Tnx for the time
had gotten laa before they stopped. They process it between 6 months to 1 year
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 22, 2020
1b8m:
I am 31yo with a masters in chemical engineering. I intend to pursue a PhD elsewhere and I have relative who's willing to support with 10m. What's my best shot pls? I am looking at Canada or Australia
canada express entry if you have 3 years experience and can pass ielts well. Canada pr is almost sure
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by oyetpel(m): 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
themaestro08:

It seems you are unaware of the fact that the German route is also open and easy.

One would ask how? Its quite straightforward.

Apply to a Germany university ( Public universities are tuition-free). However, you need a block account(roughly 4.5m) Whether Bsc or MSC once you graduate, you can apply for residence permit which typically last 18 months, once you get a job you can apply for permanent residence. Live there for 8 years and you are eligible to apply for citizenship.

What about the language barrier?
I mean what if one can not speak german
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by themaestro08(m): 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
oyetpel:

What about the language barrier?
I mean what if one can not speak german

Can't you learn it?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 22, 2020
Mine was through MARRIAGE.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Cmeo(m): 10:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
Dasshboard:

How about traveling out to mobilize the required resources needed and come back to make our country great.

I for once, I will not be out for more than 10years.

Whatever you may think as resources is alright here not until you travel out sir. There is no resources for our generation greater than the internet.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Olalekanbanky1(m): 10:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
Kekereekun123:
had gotten laa before they stopped. They process it between 6 months to 1 year
It's true tho. Tnx
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by 1b8m: 7:46am On Apr 23, 2020
Kekereekun123:
canada express entry if you have 3 years experience and can pass ielts well. Canada pr is almost sure
thanks! If my industrial training, nysc industrial attachment and one year of voluntary service doesn't make up for the 3yrs working experience then I don't have that. Would it be a problem? How easy is it to get admitted for a PhD program in Canada and will 10m foot the 3yr period? Thank you very much
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Joniboi(m): 8:31am On Apr 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You don't need any relatives abroad- it is not a requirement. You meet the financial requirement, which is the part most people have issues meetinging.

Now you have to find a way the find to get the at least a year's work experience in an occupation in NOC 0-B.

They are looking for skilled immigrants in certain occupations and that is they sole reason they have the immigration program.
Please I studied Geology and Mining but by present job is a Training Officer with a Training Organisation. My wife has a PGDE and works as a teacher. I want to apply as the principal applicant cos I can easily get POF. Please what NOC can I fit into and which province do you advise me? I want to apply through the PNP route.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 23, 2020
1b8m:
thanks! If my industrial training, nysc industrial attachment and one year of voluntary service doesn't make up for the 3yrs working experience then I don't have that. Would it be a problem? How easy is it to get admitted for a PhD program in Canada and will 10m foot the 3yr period? Thank you very much
living expenses per year is about 10000 cad on the average. Which is 2.8m. Phd fees per year is about 10000 to 15000 cad a year. 10m cannot do anything
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
1b8m:
I am 31yo with a masters in chemical engineering. I intend to pursue a PhD elsewhere and I have relative who's willing to support with 10m. What's my best shot pls? I am looking at Canada or Australia

A Typical Phd takes from 3-6years to complete.

To have support from your relative of 10m is a good start as it might cover your living expenses for these years if you live frugally and have a part time job.

For tuition you would have to do some saving.Ild say 30m in all and the world is your Oyster.

(Google the course you are interested in and see what the schools that come up have to offer in terms of scholarship and funding for international students that might reduce your financial burden).

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by babajust: 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
Germany too.
RuudVanNisteroy:
There are several legal pathways for Nigerians to obtain permanent residency in Europe,Asia,Africa,South America,Australia and North America .Here are six ways to obtain legal stay:

-Work permit-Permanent residency
-Asylum
-Graduate student-permanent residency
-Marriage
-Landed immigrant
-Citizenship by Investment

I was able to get my permanent residency through the student route in Canada. I graduated and had to obtain 1 year of work experience before I was able to file for permanent residence.

Living illegally in any country can make your life a living hell and you will always be looking over your shoulders and subject to blackmail when you find jobs that pay under the table.

It is important to choose a country which makes obtaining a permanent residency easy for foreigners. And not make the mistake of spending millions of naira on countries that like to do chop and clean mouth with your tuition and other money you invested in the country, only to make it near impossible to obtain legal papers to stay there permanently. The two countries that are most friendly to immigration currently are Canada and Australia, unfortunately they are out of reach financially for most people intending to migrate and have stricter requirements..
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by despi64(m): 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
despi64:

RuudVanNisteroy
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
despi64:

RuudVanNisteroy
Wait until you have the funds before you apply- even if it takes 5-10 years. The countries are not running anywhere.

Don't take the risk of wasting money and getting your application rejected.And don't contribute to the stereotype that Nigerians are dubious.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by ttmacoy: 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2020
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by despi64(m): 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Wait until you have the funds before you apply- even if it takes 5-10 years. The countries are not running anywhere.

Don't take the risk of wasting money and getting your application rejected.And don't contribute to the stereotype that Nigerians are dubious.
Thanks
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by lanchy: 6:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
Most Nigerians fail to fully utilise Visa Programs from such Countries like Canada and Australia. Most educated Nigerians would qualify, but you need a sponsor or guarantor of some sort.

- Highly skilled Migrant Programs, a point based scheme is for new and budding educated/skilled workers (Engineers, Doctors, Accountants)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration-pilot/eligibility-high-skilled.html

https://www.visabureau.com/australia/visas-and-immigration/skilled-migration/skilled-independent
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Paccus: 7:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
Babatunde40:

Please don't turn against your husband and cause hell for him in the future. That's what most Nigerian ladies do once you take them overseas
grin cheesy ;DBro has she replied you??

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Paccus: 7:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
drehdinho:

Pls, help me with simple and conscise content, link and available resources of requirements for Canada or Australia. I am more than meet the financial requirements.

I just finished as a law graduate, and i'm awaiting my law school.

I'm equally learning C# at the moment(a programming language), because I learned IT guys have a upper hand in getting their traveling applications approved faster.

You mentioned stuff like  NOC 0-B and other terms. Please, I need to be educated on specific knowledge needed to apply the right way and get my application approved.

Pls, help a brother. I need to leave this country that can pass for a dungeon,asap, to recover my sanity.
After Law school, you should be qualified for Canada if you do well on your IELTS... have you done Nysc??
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by 1b8m: 9:06pm On Apr 23, 2020
Peave82:

A Typical Phd takes from 3-6years to complete.

To have support from your relative of 10m is a good start as it might cover your living expenses for these years if you live frugally and have a part time job.

For tuition you would have to do some saving.Ild say 30m in all and the world is your Oyster.

(Google the course you are interested in and see what the schools that come up have to offer in terms of scholarship and funding for international students that might reduce your financial burden).
thank you Miss! I did some findings regarding tuition waivers and discovered Canadians are quite thrifty with funding, I am looking at funding myself completely. Is it possible I could get a job over there that will support what I have right now, and what's the likelihood?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
1b8m:
thank you Miss! I did some findings regarding tuition waivers and discovered Canadians are quite thrifty with funding, I am looking at funding myself completely. Is it possible I could get a job over there that will support what I have right now, and what's the likelihood?

The likelihood of getting a job in Canada to support what you have now is dark as to get the Student visa to begin with you need to show proof via your bank statement that you can support yourself financially...University of Toronto phd for example charge $8750 cad just for year one which translates to say 2.6m if you use exchange rate of 300.Thats 10.5m for the four years .Tuition minus registration fees and other dues.You are not expected to pay it all at once though.

Student jobs are just for a few hours in every country and the wages are thin so yes will buy maybe food stuffs,toiletries,a night out on the town but nothing major like rent etc.

It’s not worth putting your application together and wasting money only for your student visa to be denied.Rally round and fatten your purse some.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Paccus: 11:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
1b8m:
if you are going for PhD in Engineering, go to USA.. use some Money and write GRE, you may most likely get full funding and TA/RA and won’t spend any money which means you have about 9m to plan for other things over there

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by nnennachiji(f): 1:23am On Apr 24, 2020
flowers4me:

Nne, check your mail I sent you a pm.
Achorom iju gi ihe biko.
Daalu.
Hi just logging into nairaland today
I have checked my email didn’t see your mail
Please resend
Sorry, take care
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by nnennachiji(f): 2:21am On Apr 24, 2020
Paccus:

grin cheesy ;DBro has she replied you??
Why should I turn against my husband because of USA
I love my husband and am hardworking
My husband knows that
Why are you laughing ? so your wife can leave you because of USA so shallow
Am a medic and I believe family comes first
I won’t want my children to grow up in a broken home
I don’t need to reply but had to reply you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by drehdinho(m): 4:52am On Apr 24, 2020
Paccus:

After Law school, you should be qualified for Canada if you do well on your IELTS... have you done Nysc??

How is this possible? just for me to pass the IELTS ? Someone mentioned landed immigration, and when I checked, I didn't see myself in any of the qualified categories.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / What Downtown Looks Like In São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil / Benin Stowaway Boy: Plane's Engine Still Echoes In My Ears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.