Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? (67903 Views)

Kekwaru Ngozi Mary Gets Free Canada Permanent Residency After Returning $70,000 / How Do You Obtain A Covid19 Vaccination Certificate? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 25, 2020
tourphland:

Bro, please can you help. I’m a lawyer, about finishing my nysc, but i applied to two schools in Canada for masters in law 1) western Ontario and 2) Saskatchewan, but I’ve been denied admission by both schools, reason that there too many applicants with limited space and my education result is strong. I graduated with a 3.5gpa

I don’t know what’s best for me, maybe to get into a masters programme or can i try a diploma programme and later do my masters . Importantly to, pls do you know any grad school that takes more international student in their LLm programme.

Another one is can i do a masters programme outside masters in law, and I’ll be given admission and granted visa too. Thanks
Western Ontario is rated as one of the best Universities in Canada. Don't know much about Saskathewa, but likely the law program will be highly competitive to get into as well. They give priority to Canadian citizens and may have limited space for international students.
You might want to look at Universities that are not as competitive.
Instead of wasting money applying for admission, you may want to do a diploma instead and wait until you become a permanent resident before you attempt to do a Masters in law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 3:18am On Apr 25, 2020
Ca4real:

Good evening Sir, I am interested in migrating to Canada. I have done the ielts and evaluation completed. Score 325 with Relative in Alberta what are my chances of getting nominated on NOC 1241 (administrative Assistant) through PNP route..

Next question Sir, l already have a mutual fund investment, if I change my mind and opt to migrate through studies can I use the mutual fund in place of statement of account.
The cut-off score for the last draw was 350. You would have needed 25 more point to make the cut-off.
In regard to NOC 1241, it is one of the NOC's they have excess applicants and the quota for that NOC may be limited. So, your chances of being nominated may be slim.
You should trying taking a french test to increase your score.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by oluwaleokey: 6:23am On Apr 25, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

They have family reunification program to unite immigrants with their families. The condition is that immigrants can bring only their parents and the children below 18 years that still live with them get the permanent residency.

That is how my youngest sister who is below 18 years old got her permanent residence papers to Canada through my parents when we filed for the family reunification landed immigrant visa.

Well done bro
You doing a great job

Please what advise can you give lovers that intends to marry? What is the best route for the one in Nigeria to migrate to canada?

The guy has PR in Toronto and the lady works with a multinational company in portharcourt as a contract staff...

Should the guy first visit home for the marriage rite including court marriage and travel afterwards to file for his spouse visa? if this is preferable then for how long would it take the Canadian authorities to grant it? Months or years besides what are the chances? She feel skeptic about the denial stuff hence causing the newly married to be apart for however long... not Healthy at all

Alternatively, do you consider a student visa route for her perhaps a diploma certificate in a good uni, just to cross over and then do the needful (marriages plus filing)...

Of course, i know the visit or tourist visa can not be easily obtained or what to do you think?
The sole aim is for them to unite after marriage...

Guys Your suggestions and advise will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by ednut1(m): 7:03am On Apr 25, 2020
oluwaleokey:

Well done bro
You doing a great job

Please what advise can you give lovers that intends to marry? What is the best route for the one in Nigeria to migrate to canada?

The guy has PR in Toronto and the lady works with a multinational company in portharcourt as a contract staff...

Should the guy first visit home for the marriage rite including court marriage and travel afterwards to file for his spouse visa? if this is preferable then for how long would it take the Canadian authorities to grant it? Months or years besides what are the chances? She feel skeptic about the denial stuff hence causing the newly married to be apart for however long... not Healthy at all

Alternatively, do you consider a student visa route for her perhaps a diploma certificate in a good uni, just to cross over and then do the needful (marriages plus filing)...

Of course, i know the visit or tourist visa can not be easily obtained or what to do you think?
The sole aim is for them to unite after marriage...

Guys Your suggestions and advise will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
as long as the marriage is genuine and you can provide proofs(pics, chats, calls,etc). They would grant the spousal visa. Takes 12 months on the average

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by keneharry: 8:28am On Apr 25, 2020
1b8m:
thanks! They say getting an American visa is almost impossible these days. Do people still get visa to the US, do you think it's wise I still give it a try considering the cost of registering for tests and processing the admission?
People still get bro..A friend of mine got a full funded scholarship worth 225 grands($225000) for his Doctorate early in February..And I'm pretty sure he'll get his passport stamped when this ban is lifted..The way forward is score high in TOEFL and GRE,have a good undergraduate degree,at least a 2.1, apply to smaller universities and get a strong recommendation letter from your lecturers..

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by oluwaleokey: 9:37am On Apr 25, 2020
ednut1:
as long as the marriage is genuine and you can provide proofs(pics, chats, calls,etc). They would grant the spousal visa. Takes 12 months on the average

Yea its genuine...
12 months?
Thats quite a long time...
Proofs are 100% accurate & available...
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Ca4real: 9:39am On Apr 25, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

The cut-off score for the last draw was 350. You would have needed 25 more point to make the cut-off.
In regard to NOC 1241, it is one of the NOC's they have excess applicants and the quota for that NOC may be limited. So, your chances of being nominated may be slim.
You should trying taking a french test to boost your score to try and increase your score.

Thanks for your response,I do not have any knowledge of French but I will look into it.I don't know how long it will take me to study it and be good to write the exam.

Sir, I also have a plan B . Which is trying through studies, my question is can I use my mutual fund as POF in place of statement of account . Since I don't have any tangible money there.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 3:49am On Apr 26, 2020
Ca4real:

Thanks for your response,I do not have any knowledge of French but I will look into it.I don't know how long it will take me to study it and be good to write the exam.

Sir, I also have a plan B . Which is trying through studies, my question is can I use my mutual fund as POF in place of statement of account . Since I don't have any tangible money there.
You need to show you have cash or cash equivalents that can be converted to cash immediately. You can use your mutual fund if it can easily be converted to cash to fund your studies.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Ca4real: 10:51am On Apr 26, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You need to show you have cash or cash equivalents that can be converted to cash immediately. You can use your mutual fund if it can easily be converted to cash to fund your studies.

Thank you
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Gerrard59(m): 11:34am On Apr 26, 2020
1b8m:
I am 31yo with a masters in chemical engineering. I intend to pursue a PhD elsewhere and I have relative who's willing to support with 10m. What's my best shot pls? I am looking at Canada or Australia

I am really amazed when the vast majority of Nigerians (who obviously cannot fork out 10M naira for PG studies) desire to study in those countries in the bold. The funding opportunities are limited and scholarships are neither here or there. Why don't you write the GRE (ace it due to your quant background) and aim at the US where funding opportunities are limitless?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by eiete(f): 3:50am On Apr 28, 2020
Arhmiee:

For someone who intends doing masters in UK and targeting ILR alongside, can you please give advice on things to avoid that may hinder one from getting ILR and also things one can also do for a successful application.
I read that working more than 20 hours a week can be a hindrance.

Please can you throw more light. I intend following same path you took. Thanks.

As long as you stick to the stipulations for being granted a student visa you should be fine. The main one is working hours per week during term time. On a student visa the take it that your main priory for being in the UK is for study. So if you're doing more than 20 hours a week during term time, that calls into question if you're thee to study or work. During school holidays however, you can do more than the 20 hours a week.

ps: I just sent you a message. I have also applied to Hertfordshire to do MSc. Adult Nursing.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Dasshboard(m): 11:16pm On Apr 28, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Please I am interested in migrating to Canada as a skilled worker.
I am 35years with 7 years post graduate experience in banking sector.

Please what are my chances.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 29, 2020
Dasshboard:

Please I am interested in migrating to Canada as a skilled worker.
I am 35years with 7 years post graduate experience in banking sector.

Please what are my chances.
The lower your age the higher the chances.

Your work experience is sufficient and having a postgraduate is a plus but there is more criteria such as writing Ielts English example and having sufficient money in your account so go to their website online and do some reading for yourself.

Much in the thread this sort of question has been answered a dozen times so take some time out to follow the Discussion.

Here is an essential link to calculate your score;
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by easyzworld: 6:22pm On Apr 29, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Western Ontario is rated as one of the best Universities in Canada. Don't know much about Saskathewa, but likely the law program will be highly competitive to get into as well. They give priority to Canadian citizens and may have limited space for international students.
You might want to look at Universities that are not as competitive.
Instead of wasting money applying for admission, you may want to do a diploma instead and wait until you become a permanent resident before you attempt to do a Masters in law.

Can someone of 37-38 consider the diploma route due to financial constraints?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by muzzy713: 1:44pm On Apr 30, 2020
Please is there anything like work permit visa to Ireland
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by ednut1(m): 2:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
muzzy713:
Please is there anything like work permit visa to Ireland
there is work permit in every country. You need a job offer from an employer there
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by xavuv: 4:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I plan to apply for the provicial nomination in other to immigrate to Canada, do i still need POF of $24000 as part of requirements for a family of 4.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Arhmiee(f): 11:32am On May 01, 2020
eiete:

As long as you stick to the stipulations for being granted a student visa you should be fine. The main one is working hours per week during term time. On a student visa the take it that your main priory for being in the UK is for study. So if you're doing more than 20 hours a week during term time, that calls into question if you're thee to study or work. During school holidays however, you can do more than the 20 hours a week.

ps: I just sent you a message. I have also applied to Hertfordshire to do MSc. Adult Nursing.

Thanks for your reply.
I have responded to your email.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Lunah(f): 4:17pm On May 01, 2020
I am planning to migrate to Canada after this pandemic using the work permit or student route.
I want to know if its possible for a pharmacist to get a work permit.

And if I am going through the student route, can I pay tuition fees termly instead of yearly.

Using any of these route, how long will it take to get a PR?

Thank you.
cc:RuudVanNisteroy
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Lunah(f): 4:21pm On May 01, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Thank you for this information, do you have any regrets doing a second undergraduate degree?

I know an agent that's helping Nigerian's secure an undergraduate admission in university of Manitoba Canada and according to the agent :
1)it's a study and work program
2)i can pay my school fees in Canada and no tuition deposit.
3) The admission is gotten under a month
4) Only waec results is needed for the admission
5) i wouldn't need TOEFL or IELTS examination for the admission
6) it's a payment after service (agent payment)
7) Scholarship is available for the 2nd year.

I don't know this agent personally yet, only on Instagram.
So i don't know if what the agent claims is feasible and how wise is it for me to undergo another undergraduate degree since my first degree here in Nigeria is chemical engineering and i graduated with a 2:1 currently on nysc. P. S, i don't really have the fund's to pursue graduate studies in Canada and I'm in my mid 20's.

Cc., RuudVanNisteroy, salford
How much does this agent charge?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Ikjosh04: 5:33pm On May 01, 2020
Lunah:

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Ikjosh04: 5:43pm On May 01, 2020
Lunah:

Hi Lunah, I can't verify if this agent is legit.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by adamsomotola(m): 6:11pm On May 01, 2020
Hello bro
Please I need help in writing my sop pls can you hlp. Dnt mind charges
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 01, 2020
adamsomotola:
Hello bro
if you cannot write it your self then is shows you should not be applying na

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by pompeiimagnus: 9:17pm On May 01, 2020
adamsomotola:
Hello bro

Many University websites explain this process very explicitly because only you can tell your story. Please utilize the internet smartly, there are tons of free resources you can get on it. If you learn faster from watching videos like I do, then save money for subscriptions and watch videos on YouTube. See links below as a guide. Goodluck!

https://www.uttyler.edu/graduate/statementofpurpose.php

https://www.utep.edu/extendeduniversity/utepconnect/blog/march-2018/tips-for-applying-to-grad-school.html

https://www.careers.manchester.ac.uk/applicationsinterviews/studyapplication/statement/

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by benji93: 10:18pm On May 01, 2020
I don't understand why you think if 7000 persons got student visas, then it must be all over the news. We have a population of over 200 million. Definitely, at the very least there are over 7000 students out there with parents/guardians wealthy enough to provide the sponsorship enough to get a student's visa.

Skymoore1004:
If 7000 left to study in Canada 2019 then Nigeria is a rich country with plenty money for all. It means there’s no reason to even leave since we are ballers . No be only 7000 even 70,000
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by benji93: 11:38pm On May 01, 2020
Oh, people were not living in Africa when they colonized our forefathers?
TWoods:

lol perhaps I can come to your home and take what you have worked hard to build?

They traveled freely because the lands they went to where largely empty! I’m sure no one will stop you from migrating to an empty island somewhere and develop it to whatever you want. Oyinbos built their countries from scratch to benefit their children... you do the same rather than simply looking to be a parasite and demanding to be allowed to.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by benji93: 11:42pm On May 01, 2020
Speak for yourself man. Don't come here making unnecessarily belittling remarks about Nigeria. What the hell does " i knew Nigeria had no future" mean? You sound like someone that has never left Nigeria. grin.
blackslayer:
My own G7 country citizenship process:
F1 visa => OPT (2 years post college stay) => H1-B visa (Employment based sponsorship) => Green Card => Citizenship

I was born in Nigeria and my parents live in Nigeria. I don't consider myself a Nigerian at heart because i never fit in into their way of doing things and thinking right from a very young age. Reason i had the foresight to bounce from that shit hole at a young age of 18 and this was back in 2000. I knew Nigeria had no future.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by OYENIYIJK: 9:39am On May 02, 2020
imran90:
May Almighty Allah bless you and increase you more in knowledge sir. The cost of Australia or Canada is what I can't avoid, That's the reason why I want to try Europe first.
bro morning
I can't access my Gmail now

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by PharmD911: 4:40pm On May 02, 2020
Jelzin2412:

Well as a Doctor working in the UK, you can easily get ILR (PR) in 5yrs and British passport after additional 1yr (ie 6yrs in all)...It's pretty straightforward for some highly skilled workers
What of a pharmacist or a dentist, are they highly skilled workers like doctors?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Jelzin2412(m): 9:20pm On May 02, 2020
PharmD911:

What of a pharmacist or a dentist, are they highly skilled workers like doctors?

Yes they are...

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by BoboC: 11:47pm On May 02, 2020
Jelzin2412:

It's not about pay but a country that will grant you the opportunity to train as specialist/GP, offer resident status geared towards ILR/PR and citizenship after which you can navigate towards your preferred location. UK,US, Australia/New Zealand and Germany have got their pathways.
What's the pathway?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida / This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) / Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.