Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,723 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Tinubu Endorses Fashola For Second Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Endorses Fashola For Second Term (1165 Views)

Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship / Can You Vote Fashola For President In 2015? / Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Endorses Fashola For Second Term by shinystar(m): 7:52pm On Jan 05, 2011
Tinubu endorses Fashola for second term

it was jubilation galore at the secretariat of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) located in Acme road ,Lagos when the former Lagos State Governor and Leader of the party for the first time endorsed the Incumbent , Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) to run for a second term.

Raising Fashola's hands, Tinubu said: “By the power reposed on me by ACN and in consultation with all party leaders I announce the endorsement of Babatunde Raji Fashola for reelection as governor in the forthcoming election.” I’ve endorsed him for second term. He has done us proud, he has set standard of governance for others to emulate.”

Party supporters who besieged the venue of the meeting shouted and jubilated at the announcement.

Tinubu scored the governor 85 percent on his performances in the past four years and reiterated Fashola remained the best man for the job of state governor.

He also debunked reports of frosty relationship between them.

He said: He is my son .Those that were peddling the rumour are those that did not know how I knew him. What endeared him to me. The agents of destruction, political rodents, enemies and scavengers in the corridors of power that wants to continue to loot state funds without working to deliver dividends of democracy. They said i was jealous of his achievements and all sort of things. If you have a son that has surpassed your records you celebrate him. I am the pathfinder. He is the Navigator. I am the one that identified the talent.”

Tinubu who was flanked by other party chieftains like the chairman of ANC in Lagos state Otunba Henry Ajomale, Senator Olorunibe Mamara, Senator Ganiyu Olarenwaju Solomon , Senator Muniru Muse , Prince Tajudeen Olusi, the Lagos state governor Mr. Babatunde Fashola , Otunba Bush Alebiosu , Cardinal James Odumbaku .

He stated that the last four years the governor has been in power in the state has been very impactful, while assuring that a brighter and more rewarding future awaits Lagosians in the next four years the governor is expected to be in power in the state.

He urged Lagosians to come out en-masse to participate in the voters registration exercise billed to commence across the country very soon, saying the people can only elect their desired leaders when they register to vote.
Re: Tinubu Endorses Fashola For Second Term by seanet02: 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2011
Thank God, we all known he is the best candidate in Lagos state. Action congress, Democracy for justice.
Re: Tinubu Endorses Fashola For Second Term by ekubear1: 8:12pm On Jan 05, 2011
seanet02:

Thank God, we all known he is the best candidate in Lagos state. Action congress, Democracy for justice.
+1
Re: Tinubu Endorses Fashola For Second Term by jason123: 8:13pm On Jan 05, 2011
finally!!!! smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Tinubu Endorses Fashola For Second Term by babapupa: 8:20pm On Jan 05, 2011

Eko o ni baje lai lai,
Re: Tinubu Endorses Fashola For Second Term by Gekko(m): 8:21pm On Jan 05, 2011
Instigators can finally get some rest now, sweet dreams!
Re: Tinubu Endorses Fashola For Second Term by Becomrichn: 10:46pm On Jan 05, 2011
fa ra bale. mose fu yi pe ile yoruba wa ni awon mi. owo mi ni ibadan wa. ara adu gbo mi ni.

Re: Tinubu Endorses Fashola For Second Term by isalegan2: 6:01am On Jan 06, 2011
Awesome.  I was asking people at home about this, the rumour that even those abroad have heard that Tinubu might stand in Fashola's way.  Smart move to get the endorsement out of the way already.  smiley smiley smiley
Re: Tinubu Endorses Fashola For Second Term by headworld: 6:40am On Jan 06, 2011
BRF 2011 (Babatunde Raji Fashola for 2011)

Or

BPF 2011 (Business plans, Proposals, Feasibility reports in 2011)

How do you intend to get the best out of 2011?
Politics or Business??
Lets help you perfect the art!

OuterEDGE Solutions. (Strategy, Research, Training)
…dare us with your brief!
Re: Tinubu Endorses Fashola For Second Term by babapupa: 6:49am On Jan 06, 2011

Re: Tinubu Endorses Fashola For Second Term by 1money: 9:08am On Jan 07, 2011
very good move.
Re: Tinubu Endorses Fashola For Second Term by JomoGbomo2(m): 9:45am On Jan 07, 2011
Very good move, tough the endorsement is by one man, the man thats matters most in ACN politics- My (intended) party.

But in the real sense of it, i dont think democracy is the solution to Nigeria problem, realistically i dont believe everyone should practice democracy, i think every nation should sincerely look inward and adopt a style of governance that most suited them, i know this sounds absurd.

with democracy in a country like ours, (arguably) we have more insane criminals/ political thugs inside and outside of power than the sane people-oriented leaders, even among we youths. how do you expect a good leader when the thugs and criminals have already out-numbered you. even when they dont rig elections, the criminals will still win, it will only be a different theif not a good leader, thats all.
democracy is the govt of the pple by the pple for the pple, so if the pple has higher numbers of criminals, then thats it, it will be a govt of thiefry. classical example is that of Nigeria.

Nigeria governance solutions lies in a systematic (positive) one man rule approach. i know the question is who is that man (which i cant answer now). a leader that will guide us out of this phase of corruption and after then we can return to democracy after a while. such a leader doesn't come through the ballot. it comes through revolution.
Ojukwu could have been one, but he was very myopic, greedy and parochial in his approach.
the yorubas are too scared of leading such movement but i think tinubu (though far from being a saint) is leading ACN in the right direction.

Lets wait and see how our votes will be treated this 2011,

(1) (Reply)

Baby Butchers * Murdering B*a*s*t*a*r*d*s - Jos / Effc Vs Patience Jonathan / I Will Expose Ribadu And Buhari Says Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.