Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

How Can I Get An NGO Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can I Get An NGO Job? (53883 Views)

An NGO Job Opportunities / NGO Job / Fresh Graduate NGO Job At FHI 360 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by abozium: 7:46pm On Jun 27, 2008
I shall be most appreciative of any link to an ngo. I am a lawyer of 4 years standing. Please Aisha link me up on eshimefo@yahoo.com or 08063375519
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Emary(f): 10:32am On Jun 28, 2008
Hi! I'm also interested in NGO jobs in HIV/AIDS, Social development, Gender issues,etc. I have MPH from Lagos and am based in Lagos. Have been applying to all the adverts but not called yet. Need advise on what to do next or where I'm going wrong!
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by rennie27: 9:59pm On Oct 21, 2008
hello there,
i guess u sld ve gota job by now. Hws it goin in nigeria (only if u have moved back).
Guess im in ur shoes too, got my masters degree in international relations, another degree in sustainable development, conflict managment and peace studies. Currently taking up a course in managment. I will be returning back to Nigeria by dec 2008 and really doin lots of job search basically in abuja. i see this forum as an avenue for job listing posted up by pple.

Pls reply if u are connected and probably send links of ngos in nigeria.

Thanks wink
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Swaltz(m): 11:18pm On Oct 21, 2008
Hi Aisha,

Thanks God i found this kind of forum. Please i have been looking for this kind of Opportunity but thank God i found u. I have been looking for NGO jobs. I had been working with Nigerian Breweries Plc as Sales Executive, I also have experience in Administrative Position with Jawa International (Pharmaceutical company) and i wish to futher my career towards this direction. Help me out with this job cos i have already rsigned my postfolio with Nigerian Breweries Plc and believing God that i must get an NGO jjob cos thats where i want to end my career.
My name is Walter-08036727885 and my e-mail add is justwaltz@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by alertsolut: 6:28pm On Nov 06, 2008
hi that is a very good place for u bt i will like you to know that u must have a vission witth taht NGO you want to get a job to but let me tell u someting u must first ask God first you someone said earlier on that u must be concentrate on what u are going to do there nit MONEY first but try and move closer to God you know HE has never failed and you can take a step to the requirement u know u need to get a job theere and mind u i can get u a good, easy way to get money and you will be your boss withing a month for more info this is my num 08072123707 or richsolutionalert@gmail.com
note this is a Godly way of making cool money
thanks
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by makalia(f): 7:22pm On Nov 08, 2008
Am also interested in the NGO JOB in d area of HIV/AIDS, poverty alleviation,gender issues.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by bosonoja: 9:02am On Nov 10, 2008
Hi, get to this : www.holidaysandcash.com/bosonoja, get back to me. It will change ur entire financial life with just a little effort.
Onoja
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by kollyso(m): 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2008
@ Aisha, thank you very much for your contribution on this hot topic. Even though it is as old as Nairaland itself, it will aways be relevant to Nigerian youths forever. Meanwhile I will be very grateful if you can get in touch with me through my e-mail addy for any NGO offer available anywhere especially Abuja. My area of interest is youth empowerment and HIV/ AIDS. My address is ibnyunus2003@yahoo.com or you can get me on 08064543524. May GOD Bless you.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by teensworld: 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2008
hello
i interested in getting an NGO job too. i am currently work with a teenage ministry and i enjoy every bit of what i am doing. i also publish a teenage magazine. please let me know how i can get a job in an NGO that has to do with teenagers. my email address is teensworldng@yahoo.com.

awaiting your reply
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by medal: 2:25pm On Nov 12, 2008
salam aisha.
i am also interested in the NGO work .i have an experience in millennium development goal.

if u have any info do not hestite to mail via hafoll@yahoo.com .it has not not be long that i completed my service in calabar.
thanks
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by enurayce: 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2008
DO U KNOW THAT IGNORANCE THESE DAYS IS NO EXCUSE.WHY WASTE ALL UR TIME ONLINE FILLING FORMS WHEN U CAN DO OTHER THINGS AT THE SAME TIME.DO U KNOW THAT PEOPLE MAKE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS ONLINE EACH DOING LEGITIMATE BUSINESS?DO U KNOW THAT U TOO CAN BE A PART OF THIS?ITS SIMPLE JOIN FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE TODAY THE WORLDS LARGEST AND HIGHLY REWARDING AFFILIATE PROGRAM.I GOT IT FOR FREE AND U TOO CAN,MAKE REAL ONLINE MONEY ABSOLUTELY FREE.
GOODLUCK
ITS JUST A CLICK AWAY:

http://www.quickinfo247.com/10418659.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by octus2008(m): 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2008
@yemisi and aisha
I AM a law graduate ,yet to go to the law school and will love to know very much about the whole ngo programme, my academic qualification has discouraged me from basic applications because as a third class graduate i feel there is nothing much i can do. i am presently undergoing my youth service which i basically am free mostly because there is nothing happinig in my office. i would like to hear from you personally,
my email :minnalive23@gmail.com
thank you
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by donpaulo(m): 5:37pm On Nov 22, 2008
you guys could try logging on to UNJOBS.com, guess it'll be helpfull.

you'll get links for such NGO jobs and i'm very sure, you would want to work for an international one. wink
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by librapoint: 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2008
hi,Aisha i very glad for this thread,i have been looking for an NGO to work for but i dont know how to go abt it .Thank for the info . i will be grateful if u can send me a comprehensive report on it and how to go abt it. My email is seyime@gmail.com
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by omosivie: 10:24pm On Nov 25, 2008
pls what do i xpect in an hiv/aids ngo interview? pls someone reply,,, its urgent. tanx
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by shangy(m): 10:34am On Nov 26, 2008
@ Omosivie,

Hi. you didn't give much details concerning your job interview in the HIV and AIDS Sector, it will be difficult to give you specific interview tips but I'll try, Now I know the jobs around this could be a Program Admin role, Programme Officer, Advisor,training, youth pograms, it could also be clinical, related to Advocay, treatment, PMCTT, PLHIV, OVC but all have basic skill requirement.

- Knowledge about HIV transmission and AIDS,
- Prevention Methods,
- Use of Basic MsOffice tools,
- report writing,
- process management,
- event management
- Budgetting
- working with grant makers
- knowledge of national policies around HIV, AIDS, Treatment etc.
- Grant makers in HIV and AIDS in Nigeria, other Organizations working in this sector.

Just a few of the top of my head. Both so long u have the soft skills required and basic knowledge of PC use and also some industry experience, you will do just fine.

Cheers.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by shangy(m): 11:11am On Nov 26, 2008
Hi Everyone,

Just sharing a few tips for those with an interest in working in the not-for-profit sector.

Like I mentioned above its not for profit and we can actually look at terms such as Civil Society Orgns, Local NGOs, International NGOs, UN organizations, Grank makers and so on.

All focus on different issues or similar issues, some work directly with government, some with civil society groups, while some just support programs with grants or technical help.

Reading all the post above, I see that a couple of you have either had some short training during youth service, some actually are working for NGOs, some have worked with young people, some related to HIV and AIDS and so on, there are ofcourse other areas to work in the development sector in Nigeria and its knowing the issues, to go along with your interest will be a step in that direction. Since this is about getting NGO jobs, I will just share information on this.

Where do U get more information about NGO Jobs in Nigeria? I will share some links, you may already know

Journalists Against AIDS E-Forum
www.nigeria-aids.org

UNDP
www.ng.undp.org

ActionAid Nigeria
www.actionaid-nigeria.org

Relief Web Vacancies
www.reliefweb.int/vacancies

UN Jobs
www.unjobs.org

Pambazuka News
www.pambazuka.org

Development Jobs
www.devnetjobs.org

This is to mention but a few.

Other websites, you can also explore the are the websites of WHO, UNESCO, UNICEF, The World Bank, SIDA, CEDPA, CRS, Red Cross, John Snow, British Council, Save the Children UK, VSO, Africare, Pathfinder.

Grank makers such as Ford Foundation, Macarthur Foundation, Packard Foundation, DFID, USAID, SIDA, CIDA, NORAD, EU and so on also have vacancies now and then.

A quick search using Google, will give you links to there website.

I hope we can generate interest on how to get these jobs another time

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by omosivie: 11:41am On Nov 26, 2008
@ Shangy

tanx for the info. i really do appreciate it. i actually applied for the post of a ''PROGRAMME/FUND RAISING EXEC'', DO U KNO ANYTIN ABOUT THIS, TANX
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by meta4(m): 3:56pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ omosivie,
to be a programme and fund raising executive is just close to what marketers do in banks and the likes, you would need to make research about whats happening in the world and inline which the visions of your organisation e.g child trafficking or hiv/AIDS in a view of organising programmes that you can use for enlightenment and also source for funds from govt. and corporate bodies to back your programmes.
so alot of research with sufficient statistics and photos, presentations and implementation of your set goals.
tough job girl but very fulfilling.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by saha(f): 10:10pm On Nov 28, 2008
hi,i head an ngo that is membership based.my regular job is as a civil servant but my heart is in developmental work,3yrs ago i did some googling about that sector dre are many organizations u can volunteer with that can open doors to paid ngo work.so google ngos in nigeria etc ,goodluck but remember its not easy d latest case i have is of a man who beat up his wife and child and d baby is so badly wounded it looks like torture with all the intestines hanging out.imagine also riding okada for 3 hours with supplies to a village with no infrastructure where u may have to provide training/help in the most barbaric settings and u cant show repulsion.in my humble opinion developmental workers are angels in human form.volunteer in ur communities and c how it goes.pls do not confuse ngo work and working for donor agencies or u will be highly disappointed.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by BADLEE: 9:50am On Dec 01, 2008
yes even me i am intrested too
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Amoperu: 10:45am On Dec 01, 2008
hello to d house,i wl lyk to be part of the committed nigerians,kindly link me to NGO that works on HIV/AIDS or women/orphans affairs thru my mail callruka2006@yahoo.com.I shuttle between Ilorin n Abuja,tanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Capone(m): 1:53pm On Dec 12, 2008
Hi All,

I work with an NGO called Social Workers Without Borders. It's of great note to let you all know that NGO jobs are actually not what many think it to be. If you are looking for a get rich quick place to work sorry you will greatly be disappointed. Trust me, I know. I have been in this for 9 years.

Social Workers Without Borders (SW2B) is a Non Governmental Organization involved in the application of social theory and research methods to study and improve the lives of people, groups, and societies. It incorporates and uses other social sciences as a means to improve the human condition and positively change society's response to chronic problems.

Social Workers Without Borders is committed to the pursuit of social justice, to the enhancement of the quality of life, and to the development of the full potentials of each individual, group and community in society. It seeks to simultaneously address and resolve social issues at every level of society and economic status, but especially among the poor and sick. It is concerned with social problems, their causes, their solutions and their human impacts. We work with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities.

We seek only volunteers with passion, zeal and determination to affect human lives in positive ways.

We have projects ongoing in Darfur, Somalia and Haiti. New Projects are coming up in Gombe, Bauchi, Adamawa, Bayelsa, Cross Rivers and Anambra.

We will be looking into community development projects in Lagos.

Our main interest is in the areas of meeting the challenges of MDGs

We are fully interested in fighting HIV/AIDS to the barest. Polio and Poverty.

Please note this is only part time work and it is not a paid work. Atleast not for now.

If anyone is interested please e-mail: sw2b@live.com

or Join our group on FACEBOOK
Social Workers Without Borders (SW2B).

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by CRonaldo2: 1:49pm On Dec 15, 2008
Has Anyone done ANALYTICAL SKILL test with UN/WHO before.? Please help with the format of the test, Very urgent,
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by ayinkiey: 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2008
hi aisha,
all my life i have been longing for an NGO job, women empowerment to be specific. If you have any idea on how i can get this job. I reside in abuja. you can reach me on 08052080195, rahmatabdulla@hotmail.com
Thanks

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by chichinasa(f): 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2008
My dear Fellow nairalanders,please be very careful while looking for NGO jobs because there are alot of fake NGOs especially in Abuja.i got a job with an NGO named Visions for Nigeria Foundation in Area 11,Abuja earlier this year,the owner of the place used us to raise funds from people,he did not pay us and i dont know what he did with the money.My advice is that you check very well before getting into it.i wish you all the best.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by gasbi2: 4:51am On Dec 22, 2008
I see everyone wants an NGO job.cool.well there are few vacancies in the organization i work.but what we are into is basically community development.in core rural communities.and we are base in togo.the name is development and change innovation.but first you have to volunteer for atleast 2months before you can be absorbe in.we also have a branch in port harcourt,were am base for now.if ok you can send me your cv @ kellash77@yahoo.com or ring me up if ok by you. 08058475610. all openings closes january ending.but dont forget is not the money that should count but the commitment and passion.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by penman: 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2008
there are more infos on companies recuiting before the end of the year. go find you job now.

CLICK HERE

you don't have to pay to get your own job today.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by olopade: 10:45am On Dec 23, 2008
I work as peer educator trainer on HIV/AIDS and reproductive health during my nysc service. I would appreciate if u can link up. My email and GSM are tundeolopade@yahoo.com and 08072776989. Hope to hear from u. Thanx
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by PMoney3: 10:21am On Dec 29, 2008
Hello sir/madam,
its a pleasure to write to you first of all how is family and work hope all is fine.my purpose of writting to you is that i need your help to create for me a vacancy in your organization to enable me further my Education in Law school i was unable to further my Education due to financial setback am peter michael from Anambra state 25 yrs old i finish my secondary school in Benue state with 9 credits and a pass in my Neco exam, i will enclose my credentials if needed
this my contact details, below my Cv attached
mariogentle2009@yahoo.com
i will be very much happy if you will make my dream come true,
Thanks God bless
yours faithfully
peter michael
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Dianau(f): 3:38pm On Jan 19, 2009
I cuurently work with a children focused N.G.O as an Advocacy and Campaign Officer in Akwa Ibom. I would like to relocate to Abuja so i'm in intereted in an INGO based in Abuja. Have a great deal of experience as this is the 2nd organization i'm working with. Also attended couple of international trainings.
My e-mail is iniudua@yahoo.com and mobile phone number 08062163276

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Recruitment Exercise For Year 2015 / Apply For Kerry Group 2016 Graduate Program / My Fellow Inec Adhoc Workers..how Much Is Being Paid

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.