Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

How Can I Get An NGO Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can I Get An NGO Job? (53829 Views)

An NGO Job Opportunities / NGO Job / Fresh Graduate NGO Job At FHI 360 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by kanayoevans: 9:05am On Feb 10, 2019
I am interested to work with any NGO. I studied pure and industrial chemistry from university of Nigeria nsukka. I will appreciate if one can link me up here.
evarestuskanayo@gmail.com
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Teledom1: 7:30pm On May 24, 2019
[/color][color=#990000]
shaddie:
I'm surprised to see the number of people in this thread that showed interest in working for NGO. Though some claimed that is because of the passion and some because of the money, some because of the exposure (though didn't have the time to read all the responses cause of my tight schedule). You are all not far from the truth. But I must tell you this, if you're the type interested only in the monetary aspect, then go far NGO's that are working in HIV/AIDS prevention and management- that's where the money is. This is because since it's discovery in 1980's, there's hasn't been any issue that has received widespread publicity, attention and funding like HIV/AIDS. Thus, Developed countries (US,UK,Canada etc), International Organisations put together billions of dollars every year to fight against the scourge of HIV/AIDS (Global Fund for HIV/AIDS) and a substantial portion of this amount comes to Africa where the cataclysmic impact of the scourge cannot be taken lightly.

Thus we have a lot of International NGO's into HIV/AIDS in Africa. However, the largest funding for HIV/AIDS comes from the coffers of the USG. The have a PEPFAR (US President's Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief) program that permeates all the nooks and crannies of Nigeria and Africa at large. In Nigeria, most of the big NGO's are funded by this grant. But there are also those International NGO's that are funded by very large orgainsations or very wealthy individuals such as Clinton Foundation, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Jimmy Carter, Nelson Mandela Foundations etc. On the whole, all these NGO's are international in nature and have a very high standard as they are supervised by USAID and US Center for Disesase Control (CDC) or other int'l orgs.

Thus I want to disabuse the mind of those people who thought all that's required for you to be in such NGO's is passion. It's beyond that. You have to be a professional to the core to even have a chance of coming close to such organisations. Their standards can only be equated with that of mainstream international NGO's such as World BAnk, UN, US Embassy USAID etc. Thus, for you to be able to work with such NGO's you must be someone who can be able to work in the int'l orgs. mentioned above because you must be able to stand up to your international colleagues that come from different countries. Infact, the interview I attended was conducted by World Bank Professionals on behalf of the NGO. This is to give you an idea of the calibre of employees such NGO's are looking for.

Oh Sorry I have to go, I have a lot of things waiting for my attention. But I must warn you, the workload is something else however, they have a good welfare package for their employees, the exposure they'll give you can only be matched by those working in mainstream int'l orgs. (should have told that I left an international Oil Co. to join the NGO and I'm now in relaxing Abuja instead of Niger Delta with their militants wahala)

Good luck to you all

hi please do you know how much NTBLCP - National Tuberculosis Leprosy Control program Global fund grant salary /pays in Abuja. thanks
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Pepenazeal7: 7:43pm On May 24, 2019
I post verified vacancies available in Nigeria �� on a daily | Career Advice| insider info| meet a recruiter| interview TIPS |CV AND COVER LETTER SAMPLES.

Download telegram from Google play store and search for @JOBPLANET to join our large community

Let's get you your dream job today!
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by newspapers: 11:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
NGO Jobs in Nigeria

https://www.jobsinnigeria.ng/ngo-jobs/

I hope that helps
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 07, 2020
Hello I work with an NGO. First of all what part of Community work do you want to do. Do you want to work with youths, or Women and Gender issues,HIV/AIDS, Charity , etc. You have to be specific so that you can know where to start looking.
Working with an NGO popular to contrary believe is not about money but requires serious passion,commitment and hard work, but if you have a passion for working in these areas it can be really fulfilling when you see the impact you make on the lives of people.
Please Specify which area you want and post back if you can. Have a nice day
would love to work with youths am a political science graduate

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Godliness05(m): 12:25am On Jul 08, 2020
Please, I'm interested in an NGO work in Ibadan mainly on health or agricultural/educational related field. Love to work with foundations too with such interest. Note: remuneration is not my first line of priority.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Donclique(m): 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
Hello I work with an NGO. First of all what part of Community work do you want to do. Do you want to work with youths, or Women and Gender issues,HIV/AIDS, Charity , etc. You have to be specific so that you can know where to start looking.
Working with an NGO popular to contrary believe is not about money but requires serious passion,commitment and hard work, but if you have a passion for working in these areas it can be really fulfilling when you see the impact you make on the lives of people.
Please Specify which area you want and post back if you can. Have a nice day
Good evening, please can you help me get a job with any NGOs? I am in medicals. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Recruitment Exercise For Year 2015 / Apply For Kerry Group 2016 Graduate Program / My Fellow Inec Adhoc Workers..how Much Is Being Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.