Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

How Can I Get An NGO Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can I Get An NGO Job? (53839 Views)

An NGO Job Opportunities / NGO Job / Fresh Graduate NGO Job At FHI 360 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by yemisa: 12:58pm On Jun 14, 2007
You do not need a foreign degree to work with an INGO what you need is the relevant work experience and qualifications.

It depends on the type of job and specification . Some jobs require strictly require a particular field or course while others might entail first degree because you will be trained.

My advice for those awaiting Youth service , when you are in camp embrace the Unicef peer education training of trainers, it is a wonderful opportunity.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2007
it is really heartwarming to know that a lot of youg people are interested in making a difference in the life of others by sacrificing their time and energy with little or no motivation.
The sky is the limit for such people as u strive to make the world a better place God will make you smile

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Oliseh(m): 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2007
Hi all,i wld also lk to work with an ngo.my interests centre around youths,polital enlightenment & social entrepreneurship.my contacts r 08023907824 and fryziz@yahoo.com.any one with helpful means or info pls note.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by oyaski: 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2007
hi, I will appreciate further info about working with an NGO for someone that wants to make a career change with prior engineering background.you may please contact me at abeeyntyn@yahoo.com.thanks
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by lawless: 6:35pm On Jun 20, 2007
Aisha, hi! I actually know of someone who would really like to work with an NGO.She has experience with ActionAids and Unicef.Pls if thers any vacancy let us know so we could inform those interested like my friend.My email is aromsworld@yahoo.com. tanks
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by stellon: 12:09pm On Jun 22, 2007
hi Aisha,
thanks for the information, i am also interested in NGO esp in women and gender, charity. ypu can reach me at ebbybest247@yahoo.com, 08056670291. i appreciate your assistance
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by deetayo(m): 8:37pm On Jun 23, 2007
hi Aisha
Thanx 4 the info. i would like to work with the HIV/AIDS dept. i will appreciate it if u can enlighten or help on how to go on with this. presently i reside in ph .thanx so much
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by deetayo(m): 8:44pm On Jun 23, 2007
hi Aisha
           Thanx 4 the info. i would like to work with the HIV/AIDS dept. i will appreciate it if u can enlighten or help on how to go on with this. presently i reside in ph .thanx so much. my mail id is garbson75@yahoo.com i will appp ur reply.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 26, 2007

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Jenik(f): 10:09am On Jun 27, 2007
Please Aisha2, I applied for the recent UNAIDS Secretarial job that was advertised about 2 weeks ago. They said the interview will come up in the week of 18th June, and that was the strike week. Please do you know the level, wherther they have shortlisted or not. Please my e-mail id is geijeike2000@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by adegeorge(m): 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2007
i raelly thik i can recommend something 4 u. its called SIFE. an acronyn for Students In Free Enterprise. try logging onto SIFE.org. better still i am a director of an HIV/AIDS based ngo called YAMAA. an acronyn 4 Youth Awareness Movement Against Aids in Africa. so lets get talking my mail is adexgeorge2002@yahoo.com. or call 08060661311. i reside in kaduna/abuja.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by onmyown(m): 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2007
well its interesting that quite a few people are interested in working with ngos. i am too though i had an opportunity working with one but i chose to relocate coes i was lonely and far away from home as a young grad. will not mind another opportunity.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 28, 2007
Y'hello!
Care to know this? There were some published vacancies with the UNDP and One other International NGO in today Guardian Newspaper.

You can check their site for more details!

www.ng.undp.org

all the best too.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by onmyown(m): 10:30am On Jun 29, 2007
olowotee, thanks for the link. i am gratefull. however i am interested in maintaining my current abuja location so i am not responding to the ads, thanks again anyway.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by sumbabe: 10:40am On Jun 29, 2007
pls if i can get NGO job i dont mind i live in lagos so i prefer lagos thanks.pls find my attached cv or call me on08023042199

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by chibless(f): 12:00pm On Jun 29, 2007
Halloo Aisha,I don't care how much the NGo can pay,I would like to work in the area of HIV/Aids because i was almost a victim 9 years ago when i went for test and was told i have HIV.though it was a costly mistake by the lab scientist,I knew the agony i went through just for few days before i was confirmed negative,the trauma was severe.since then i have passion for HIV patients.it could me, it could be someone else. you can reach me on this no 08035982584 or e-mail cyblez@yahoo.com
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Kemnechem(m): 3:08pm On Jun 29, 2007
Aisha,
Goood job done for landers. I was so impressed as your reply on the NGO attracted so many interests.I wasn't least affected. Please kindly furnish me with info on your office address, if it sits well with you, so that i can come over and make some pertinent enquiries, having in mind your very tight schedule. I stay in Gwarimpa Abuja, E-mail macmbata@yahoo.com, 08033729418, and my name is Kem. I am a sociologist. Pleeeeez contact me, thanx and God Bless you immensely.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by yommsy: 8:36am On Jul 02, 2007
hi, pls check this tuesday guardian of this week there is an NGO job coming up in abuja,so just apply as soon as possible,u must be computer literate with excel
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 02, 2007
onmyown:

olowotee, thanks for the link. i am gratefull. however i am interested in maintaining my current abuja location so i am not responding to the ads, thanks again anyway.

You're welcome & do have a nice day, week, month, mid year!!! I actually added the details for those interested in working with an International NGO and haven't found one yet.

Shallom.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by ifyeve1(f): 9:47am On Jul 03, 2007
pls i,m interested in the ngo job ,because i love humanterian job a lot
anybody with viable information should contact ifyokonta2@yahoo.com
isha and others pls help.i,m o.k in every aspect. i can lecture and talk to people
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Peegee(m): 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2007
Hi everyone,
This is my first time of posting anything on this site. I am writing because the area of discourse is one in which I major. I am a development worker with one form of NGO experience or the other since 2002. I have found all the postings very interesting but I guess only very few of them have been helpful to that person who is interested in NGO (Development) work. The best way to start is to volunteer. Find an NGO in your localty that has its thematic area(s) relevant to your area(s) of interest. That way you can get within the circle. Once you're in the development worker's circle, try to read, listen and learn. Make contributions where necessary and make friends a lot. Do not just speak anyhow especially if you really do not have anything to say. Attend meetings and other relevant fora such as workshops and conferences when you have the chance.
Don't just quit your job, NGOs do not often pay well unless you've reached a stage whre you have become a resource person consulting for such bodies as UNICEF, WHO, USAID and the others or you intend to work for SFH, ARFH and some of the big players in Nigeria. Try to make sure you have the financial resources to go the long haul until you're ready to lauch out.
I can not tell you everything you need to know but beyond merely getting a postgraduate degree (MPH in my case), these are some of the things you can do to become a Development worker. I hope you will find these tips useful.
Enjoy the rest of your week.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 04, 2007
chibless:

Halloo Aisha,I don't care how much the NGo can pay,I would like to work in the area of HIV/Aids because i was almost a victim 9 years ago when i went for test and was told i have HIV.though it was a costly mistake by the lab scientist,I knew the agony i went through just for few days before i was confirmed negative,the trauma was severe.since then i have passion for HIV patients.it could me, it could be someone else. you can reach me on this no 08035982584 or e-mail cyblez@yahoo.com
Point of correction , Nobody is a victim of HIV and AIDs they are people living with HIV. A victim is someone who is helpless about his/her situation, they is help and hope for people living with HIV and AIDS.
As for your passion, you can volunteer with an NGO that deals with HIV and AIDS and grow with them.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by lekywhite(m): 10:26am On Jul 04, 2007
Flakky,

well its good as you want to follow your heart, but what im not clear is do you want to startup your own NGO or you want to work with one? whichever the case maybe well you have to be careful about it.

I work with an NGO that basically use IT as tool and are thematic areas are Health, Education, Capacity building and Advocacy, and im also thinking of floating mine soon, if you are thinking along this direction then we could work together.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by agins5: 11:26am On Jul 04, 2007
I really have a passion in youth empowerment and orientate their mental towards d development of te community and d country at large.I 've started talking to the youths in 2/2, kubwa abuja and i 've made a tremendous progress by gathering them 2geda and tell them how the youth can make dis country abeta one, also i've bin also invited to attend somany seminars xpecially b4 d last election.
As u know that NGO is not all about money making rada a passion 2 serve and influence people positively 2 d actualization of a beta society.
All i need is to work with a bigger body to push the dreams and aspiration 4ward cos i alone can't really do it because am not funded by anybody, this bigger body willregister us under themand sometimes organise seminar for the people around kubwa and beyond because with my little reseach kubwa lack the present of NGO and is one of the biggest satelite town in africa dis make d area a strategic place because people from different places ,ethnic,cultural and religious background reside here.
Incase of anybody or NGO want 2 contact me, my email address is agins5@hotmail.com, and my phone nos is 08026324474 or 08076495854 and my name is ISAIAH AGINDOTAN, i'LL BE ANXIOUSLY WAITING FOR RESPONCE FROM U ALL. GOD BLESS U' ALL
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by onwuzuam(m): 12:49am On Oct 13, 2007
Hi all,
I have just been invited for a UNDP Test and interview session.
Would be much obliged if you kindly advise what to expect. Your kind assistance would be highly appreciated. Anxiously awaiting yours.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by olanajim(m): 10:04am On Oct 13, 2007
Lekywhite, that is a good focus area. Could you send me a message on my YM? I have my email in my profile. Chat you later.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by tejutaiwoh(m): 8:26am On Oct 14, 2007
I am interested in an NGO job,
i took part in the NYSC/UNICEF reproductive health & HIV/AIDS
training,in camp sept 2006.
i am highly experience in community development and HIV/AIDS issue
i worked in Esa-Oke in Osun State.
pls update me on Ngo JOBS,i am tired of searching for bank jobs
my email is ktsquare2002@yahoo.com
my no is 08065018890
pls i count on the house
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by ejura(f): 7:59pm On Oct 14, 2007
hello i also am intereted in working with an NGO specifically women and genda issues. lepalizzie@yahoo.com. any info u can give would help alot. tank ya!
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by anniee(f): 5:41pm On Oct 16, 2007
pls can u guy help me, i also need an ngo job, i was coordinating my group on hiv/aids programe with nysc, i so much love helping people to realize that there is ther is still hope for them. u can pls contact me thru: contactanniee@yahoo.com, or 08069130595. i am by name maryanne, graduate of maths with compter science. just completed my nysc. i will be grateful if u guys can help me out
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by praiseity: 8:23pm On Jun 25, 2008
I want to work with NGO. I am a graduate of Sociology and Anthropology. I am interested in youth empowerment and Charity. If anyone has any useful information on this; please contact me. Presently; I live in Lagos. I don't mind to work at any State or country where my goal can be archived. Aisha2; I saw your posting on this. Kindly; pass useful information to me. I will be anticipating for your reply. Thanks to all members who have contributed to the forum. See you at the top. Bye for now. My e-mail address is praisepats@yahoo.com.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by jaydude(f): 10:12pm On Jun 25, 2008
Hello Aisha,saw ur post about th
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Bexley: 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2008
Hi Aisha an anyone else with information about getting an NGO job. I am desperately looking for an NGO job in Nigeria. I am presently in the UK and working for one of the UK's largest International NGO. I got my first and second degree here in international relations and Sustainable development respectively. Please could you point me in the right direction as I am looking to move back in 2 months. Thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Recruitment Exercise For Year 2015 / Apply For Kerry Group 2016 Graduate Program / My Fellow Inec Adhoc Workers..how Much Is Being Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.