Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,112 members, 7,821,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Should Religion Be The Basis For Legislation Here In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Religion Be The Basis For Legislation Here In Nigeria? (504 Views)

Senate To Introduce E-legislation To Enhance Debates -ndume / 2015: No Basis For Objection Over Buhari's Credentials- INEC / Nudity Legislation And The Abuja Arts Carnival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Religion Be The Basis For Legislation Here In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2011
i have come to understand that religion is playing a part in our legislation
i dont think this should be so especially when you consider the fact that
the various religions in nigeria have diff views on key issues.
for example muslims allow abortion at some point in pregnancy but christians do not allow it at any point
if religion is used to judge what is right and wrong then i think we are going to have problems.
in stead let logic and philosophy, science and technology, which are more consistent, be the only basis for legislation in nigeria.
Re: Should Religion Be The Basis For Legislation Here In Nigeria? by mmuoado(m): 10:28am On Jan 10, 2011
[b][/b] no!!!!! nigeria is a confused nation.

(1) (Reply)

Religions Of Mass Destruction / Who Becomes The Nigerian President Come 2011? / Who Will Be The President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.