Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (944747 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ehiremen2002: 1:45am On Feb 12, 2022
I just booked my dad application and he got Jan 9th 2024. And he is planning to visit Canada end of march. Is there any way we can get early interview date before end of march?

Another question, if we arent able to get appointment in Nigeria. Can we try in Canada, during his visit.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by naxee9294: 3:02am On Feb 12, 2022
fkj950ax:

Don't bother yourself.
They don't need it, or even care so much about all of that.
ohhh so but what about the invitation is it needed?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrsnoname: 4:38am On Feb 12, 2022
Anyone booked interview waiver appointment today?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 5:40am On Feb 12, 2022
Of course, you can try in Canada…you may have to fill another DS160 (since you must’ve picked Nigeria in the current one). However I’ll tell you that the dates in Canada depending on the province are from February 2023…

ehiremen2002:
I just booked my dad application and he got Jan 9th 2024. And he is planning to visit Canada end of march. Is there any way we can get early interview date before end of march?

Another question, if we arent able to get appointment in Nigeria. Can we try in Canada, during his visit.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 5:43am On Feb 12, 2022
The American visa process is interview based and not document-based like the UK or Canada. You must be able to convince the Visa officer orally why your application should be approved….
You can take documents along if they give you confidence but they aren’t needed…from my experience

naxee9294:
ohhh so but what about the invitation is it needed?

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nurse9090: 6:49am On Feb 12, 2022
mrsnoname:
Anyone booked interview waiver appointment today?
No dates yet as at 6.48am this morning.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by naxee9294: 7:27am On Feb 12, 2022
Dampops:
The American visa process is interview based and not document-based like the UK or Canada. You must be able to convince the Visa officer orally why your application should be approved….
You can take documents along if they give you confidence but they aren’t needed…from my experience

thank you very much bro

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by naivasha: 8:42am On Feb 12, 2022
Good morning all. Just in case this helps anyone, I just checked now (8:38am) and there are no appointments for IW.

Out of curiousity, how many times are you allowed to check before you exceed the limit? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Donlino1992: 8:51am On Feb 12, 2022
3 times is recommended
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by naivasha: 8:54am On Feb 12, 2022
Donlino1992:
3 times is recommended

Okay, thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newsolutions: 10:27am On Feb 12, 2022
Nurse9090:
No dates yet as at 6.48am this morning.

No date. I think the embassy is releasing dates in batches.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gigli: 11:12am On Feb 12, 2022
Do you think its advisable to not add dependants when trying to book IW appointments.

Should every member of family that qualifies book separately.

Will this help get dates faster.

Because we have been doing together since 1st Feb and haven't gotten till now.

Account has been frozen three times
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrsnoname: 11:44am On Feb 12, 2022
Gigli:
Do you think its advisable to not add dependants when trying to book IW appointments.

This is what I have been thinking too
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Qtip: 12:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
Gigli:

No, it doesn’t matter. I do no have dependants but I’m unable to view the calendar.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 12:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
maflow:
Dear House. please i need clarification on the requirement for IW ''Applicant must not have been refused a visa since the issuance of the previous visa, or had a visa revoked, or have ever required a waiver'' I'm applying for IW for B1/B2 but i have been refuse visa for F1 in the last 8 months. Does this rules mean i must not be refuse visa in any category or it applies to the B1/B2 category. please your advise is urgently needed.

The condition to qualify for IW says it must be the same type of visa, so in the first place you do not qualify and secondly, the refusal also disqualifies you from applying.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oab1: 12:39pm On Feb 12, 2022
From what I have seen so far, it appears your chances are higher as a single applicant than when you have dependents. I have seen single applicants find available appointments and I couldn’t see those appointments at that same time (trying for parents with joint application).
Goodluck!

Gigli:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oab1: 1:38pm On Feb 12, 2022
When exactly did you book the appointment?

ehiremen2002:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ehiremen2002: 2:00pm On Feb 12, 2022
I just check last night and have reschedule to May 2023.

oab1:
When exactly did you book the appointment?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ehiremen2002: 2:05pm On Feb 12, 2022
Dampops, you are correct. I filled a new DS160, and tried to schedule appointment, available slot in Ottawa is sometime in 2023. I didnt continue as we will have to make another payment. I will try again if I get lucky for a slot in Lagos before end of march when popsy plans to travel to Canada.

I also know of a friend, she is a student in Canada. She initially booked 2023 during the xmas. however she have been able to reschedule now to next two weeks in BC.

Dampops:
Of course, you can try in Canada…you may have to fill another DS160 (since you must’ve picked Nigeria in the current one). However I’ll tell you that the dates in Canada depending on the province are from February 2023…

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by vivysparkles(f): 3:15pm On Feb 12, 2022
Hello,

Anyone know if there is a maximum or limit to the amount of times a regular appointment can be rescheduled?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 3:15pm On Feb 12, 2022
True. In fact there are no available interview dates in some Provinces e.g. Alberta. Got an October 2022 date for my daughter but was able to get August 2022 after incessant ‘checking’…
Getting US interview appointments is not easy nowadays o

ehiremen2002:
Dampops, you are correct. I filled a new DS160, and tried to schedule appointment, available slot in Ottawa is sometime in 2023. I didnt continue as we will have to make another payment. I will try again if I get lucky for a slot in Lagos before end of march when popsy plans to travel to Canada.

I also know of a friend, she is a student in Canada. She initially booked 2023 during the xmas. however she have been able to reschedule now to next two weeks in BC.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damuziefreak: 7:25pm On Feb 12, 2022
I just started following this thread, I hardly come across interview transcript of any sort. Am I actually at the right place? I’m trying to repair and get myself acquainted with likely questions. Please I need guidance

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbybounty(f): 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2022
The way I am sleeping on this thread enhh embarassed embarassed. Just in case anyone finds a date please let's try to share the information quickly. Thank you all.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ummu2H: 9:46pm On Feb 12, 2022
I scheduled an appointment for June 2022 today. I saw dates for August and September 2022 as well. Keep trying. Wishing you best of luck!!!

Debbybounty:
The way I am sleeping on this thread enhh embarassed embarassed. Just in case anyone finds a date please let's try to share the information quickly. Thank you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 9:47pm On Feb 12, 2022
Interview or IW?

Ummu2H:
I scheduled an appointment for June 2022 today. I saw dates for August and September 2022 as well. Keep trying. Wishing you best of luck!!!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ummu2H: 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2022
Interview
Dampops:
Interview or IW?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbybounty(f): 10:27pm On Feb 12, 2022
Ummu2H:

Thank you. I am actually waiting for the IW dates to open up, so we can schedule sad
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by vivysparkles(f): 10:34pm On Feb 12, 2022
Was this for Lagos or Abj

Ummu2H:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ummu2H: 10:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
Abj

vivysparkles:
Was this for Lagos or Abj

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by vivysparkles(f): 11:22pm On Feb 12, 2022
I just looked at abj and nothing for 2022 b1/b2

Ummu2H:
Abj

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dami106(m): 12:11am On Feb 13, 2022
B1/B2 or F1?
Ummu2H:
Abj

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ummu2H: 1:26am On Feb 13, 2022
B1/B2. I applied last year but only got interview dates for 2023. I took the 2023 interview date but I kept checking for closer dates at least once a week. Luckily, I saw June 2022 today and I rescheduled. Don't worry more dates will be out soon. Keep your fingers crossed.

Dami106:
B1/B2 or F1?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (440) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.