Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (947833 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (441) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 8:27am On Feb 14, 2022
No o…don’t bother. In fact, the listed documents are returned to you straightaway once they vet them.
Don’t take any extra documents. They also only need *one passport photo*

Nikanne:

The appointment confirmation page states to only come with documents listed there. Is there any need to take account statements and letter of introduction from my office. Just wondering please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrsnoname: 11:30am On Feb 14, 2022
Anyone being able to book?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by thediva(f): 11:32am On Feb 14, 2022
mrsnoname:
Anyone being able to book?

I got a date for my mum a couple of hours ago. For tomorrow morning at 7am.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oab1: 11:37am On Feb 14, 2022
Please what time did you get it and how did you do it?
thediva:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fekeoshomoshi: 11:40am On Feb 14, 2022
thediva:

what time exactly did you get the IW date?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrsnoname: 12:36pm On Feb 14, 2022
thediva:

Wow!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fekeoshomoshi: 2:22pm On Feb 14, 2022
Please help me, by March 1st, I will not be eligible for IW. I want to meet up that deadline of March 1st. What time did you got a date for your mum today?

thediva:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gigli: 2:25pm On Feb 14, 2022
thediva:

Please how did you get it.
What browser are you using.
Is there any information that's different you used.

Because dates have never popped up.on my screen and I have tried all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by opomulero(m): 2:44pm On Feb 14, 2022
opomulero:
Hello house,
how can "operation with inactive user" error be solved when adding dependents on us visa portal

house, help me out on this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Onedimple: 2:59pm On Feb 14, 2022
opomulero:

house, help me out on this

You will have to call the USA embassy to help you resolve it from their end. I had that issue 2weeks ago, and someone here suggested that for me which I did. And it was resolved.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oab1: 4:18pm On Feb 14, 2022
I'm not sure this fully explains the issue because even when you call the embassy customer service they tell you there is no appointment.

fkj950ax:
The difficulty in getting the IW date is simply server overload.

To put it in context, keeping up with every new comment on this thread is more tedious compared to 30 days ago. And this is just a tiny percentage of Nigerians trying to get the IW dates. Extrapolating to the whole country can paint a picture of the number of people on the site at every given point.

Server overload happens when conditions cause a server to exhaust its resources so that it fails to handle incoming requests.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2022
Server overload may be responsible for the incessant “session timed out” on the DS160 portal…I doubt if it’s responsible for lack of appointment dates…

oab1:
I'm not sure this fully explains the issue because even when you call the embassy customer service they tell you there is no appointment.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oab1: 4:56pm On Feb 14, 2022
Oh yes for session time out. I thought you were referring to lack of appointment

Dampops:
Server overload may be responsible for the incessant “session timed out” on the DS160 portal…I doubt if it’s responsible for lack of appointment dates…

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by opomulero(m): 5:27pm On Feb 14, 2022
Onedimple:

You will have to call the USA embassy to help you resolve it from their end. I had that issue 2weeks ago, and someone here suggested that for me which I did. And it was resolved.

thank you
please which number did you call?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 5:47pm On Feb 14, 2022
oab1:
First thing first. I am not trying to fully explain the issue o. I dont have energy for the social media hacktivist warriors that will read your comment and start asking for my head on a platter.

With respect to calls and no appointments, it's the same portal or system to book appointments online by Nigerians or the embassy staff "look at" to check availability.

There can only be as many slots per day or per week or per month, and using NL flurry of activities as a rough sample size, the data shows there is a great rush for slots that far outpaces the capacity available for the interview.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Lordkross(m): 6:32pm On Feb 14, 2022
Hello House. Please I need your help because I have up until this moment done everything on my own.

I applied for a B1/B2 Visa in June, 2021 and was given a date for October, 2022 which I protested and eventually got April, 2022.

My question is, what are the required documents I need to prepare for this day so I can arrange everything from now while I wait for the said date because I don't want to miss anything or even experience any form of extortion from those guys outside.

Note, it's a B1/B2 Visa, but strictly for business.

Thanks for your help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by thediva(f): 7:48pm On Feb 14, 2022
oab1:
Please what time did you get it and how did you do it?

At about 10am. I just logged in, clicked continue (cos I've been trying for a while) and I saw 2 time slots for tomorrow morning.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 7:55pm On Feb 14, 2022
For those that have submitted their documents/passports, If you wish to track your US visa application, you can use this website:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tshtsh: 8:41pm On Feb 14, 2022
On this processing time thing. Does it really take 2 Months ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 9:02pm On Feb 14, 2022
A number of people have submitted in the past week, they will be our “standard for measurement”… Fingers crossed

tshtsh:
On this processing time thing. Does it really take 2 Months ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Lordkross(m): 9:05pm On Feb 14, 2022
Dampops:
A number of people have submitted in the past week, they will be our “standard for measurement”… Fingers crossed

@dampops

Please I need your help because I have up until this moment done everything on my own.

I applied for a B1/B2 Visa in June, 2021 and was given a date for October, 2022 which I protested and eventually got April, 2022.

My question is, what are the required documents I need to prepare for this day so I can arrange everything from now while I wait for the said date because I don't want to miss anything or even experience any form of extortion from those guys outside.

Thanks for your help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 9:16pm On Feb 14, 2022
The short answer is that no documents are required but there’s an explanation. Since you are going on a business trip, how well acquainted are you to the business? Are you going to meet business partners? Are you attending a business conference? What have you been doing that relates to that line of business? Can you go elsewhere and achieve same objectives-why America?
Gather documents that help you answer the questions above and revise them…
It’ll be an interview and you have to convince the VO that the trip isn’t for immigration purposes but strictly a short business trip…

Lordkross:

@dampops

Please I need your help because I have up until this moment done everything on my own.

Thanks for your help.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Lordkross(m): 9:30pm On Feb 14, 2022
Dampops:
The short answer is that no documents are required but there’s an explanation. Since you are going on a business trip, how well acquainted are you to the business? Are you going to meet business partners? Are you attending a business conference? What have you been doing that relates to that line of business? Can you go elsewhere and achieve same objectives-why America?
Gather documents that help you answer the questions above and revise them…
It’ll be an interview and you have to convince the VO that the trip isn’t for immigration purposes but strictly a short business trip…

So sorry, I probably didn't frame my question well.

I was talking about like the DS 160 form, the Appointment Confirmation, my passport and things like that for the interview.

It is written to come with the confirmation and some other docs, just wanted to know the other documents needed for the interview.

I have my backup docs, just to be sure the embassy required docs outside my backup.

Thanks for your response this far.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by obojememe: 9:40pm On Feb 14, 2022
good day fam...for someone who intend to apply for a student visa and have d intention of going with his dependant(wife) , is it advisable ?
husband and wife are employed
husband is going for an MBa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 9:49pm On Feb 14, 2022
obojememe:
good day fam...for someone who intend to apply for a student visa and have d intention of going with his dependant(wife) , is it advisable ?

As long as husband can prove he can take care of wife while they are there, it's fine. And as long as wife can state reasons why she's going with husband when asked, it's okay.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by urchdiya(f): 11:47pm On Feb 14, 2022
I would advise everyone go together showing proof of fund for upkeep and also cost of studies. This was a mistake my husband & I made in 2019 when he was leaving for Business school. I had to file seperately and went after his graduation. Infact he was on OPT when I had my visa approved. Just go with your wife and kid provided you have the finances and also you can make the VO understand Business school is hard and you want your family around. American prioritizes family

obojememe:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 2:03am On Feb 15, 2022
You’ve said it all. The DS160 confirmation page, your appointment letter, your passport, GTB receipt for visa payment, one passport photo (approved size)…

Any other documents you may need to buttress your reason for traveling…(as stated in my previous response).

Best of luck

Lordkross:

So sorry, I probably didn't frame my question well.

I was talking about like the DS 160 form, the Appointment Confirmation, my passport and things like that for the interview.

It is written to come with the confirmation and some other docs, just wanted to know the other documents needed for the interview.

I have my backup docs, just to be sure the embassy required docs outside my backup.

Thanks for your response this far.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 2:24am On Feb 15, 2022
obojememe:

How will wife remain employed if she is going with husband to the US doing his MBA?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newsolutions: 5:35am On Feb 15, 2022
Lordkross:
Hello House. Please I need your help because I have up until this moment done everything on my own.

Thanks for your help.

The DS160 confirmation page, passport, GTB receipt for visa payment, Two passport photo

Accommodation or hotel booking
Bank statement
Employment Letter or Business Registration
Introduction Letter from Employee
Any other documents to support your application

Truth is that American don't trust our documents and know how to investigate Employment status and bank statement but an Igbo proverbs says come prepared to avoid had I know. Goodluck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by obojememe: 5:52am On Feb 15, 2022
just trying to provide necessary info about d question i asked and incase her own SOA will also b needed,
fkj950ax:

How will wife remain employed if she is going with husband to the US doing his MBA?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 7:03am On Feb 15, 2022
obojememe:
just trying to provide necessary info about d question i asked and incase her own SOA will also b needed,

I pointed out a possible question you guys could be asked.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Lordkross(m): 7:25am On Feb 15, 2022
Dampops:
You’ve said it all. The DS160 confirmation page, your appointment letter, your passport, GTB receipt for visa payment, one passport photo (approved size)…

Any other documents you may need to buttress your reason for traveling…(as stated in my previous response).

Best of luck

Thanks a lot for this... am grateful

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (441) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: mojisolani and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.