Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. (3031 Views)

Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman / I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed / I'm About To Lose My Fiancee, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by karnap(m): 8:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
hello nairalanders!
it was nice to be in this forum,how ever its something I would love to hear from matured minds, preferably married people
I'm 30,I have already set my traditional wedding on 23th May before the lockdown of covid 19 virus.
as its now marriage is not for immature minds as many of my elderly people do tell me,
marriage come with different fashion in life.
please I would love to hear your advise.
thank you
Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by Righttip: 8:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
karnap:
hello nairalanders!
it was nice to be in this forum,how ever its something I would love to hear from matured minds, preferably married people
I'm 30,I have already set my traditional wedding on 23th May before the lockdown of covid 19 virus.
as its now marriage is not for immature minds as many of my elderly people do tell me,
marriage come with different fashion in life.
please I would love to hear your advise.
thank you

The moment you see your wife as your best friend and love as that as she does that too then you are cool.
Then learn to pet her even when she's wrong but be firm in your leadership role
Listen to her o
It's fun

12 Likes

Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by Sundrus: 8:20pm On Apr 21, 2020
Congrats in advice. Excuse me oo, I go like to know wetin make u decide to marry at this time, & why u choose ur partner
Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by oloriooko(m): 8:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
Don't marry except you are ready to bear the burden of marriage
I wonder why some people complain of their spouses when they knew what they were going into
Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by aaking(m): 8:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
Congratulations bro. My advice for u,

Let God be the head in your marriage .

Don't be a dictator or commander .

Make sure you & ur wife come to conclusions about things in the home but not all d time.

Make sure you always come home on time even your Children will love u for that.

In every 3 to 6 month go out together find cool place to always Express ur love 2each other.

During the time of pregnancy cherish her cos there may be changes (fat,be a message grin grin , etc

Don't share your family issues to or with parents, pastor, counsellors, neighbours especially house u stay with landlords, even nairaland ,do resolve any arguments to agreement but if necessary share to a Spiritual one pastor or Iman.

Be a giver

From time to time do call your in-laws and visit ,make them your parents this make your wife to love and respect you more(pay homage grin i.e kola dem don't even let your wife know sometimes)

17 Likes

Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by donbachi(m): 8:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
If na sweeping house daily,go make ur marriage work..sweep.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by Abovebest(m): 8:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
OP
How forgiving are you?
How Tolerable are you?
Let's start from the above
Marriage is not all about "I LOVE YOU"
Do you see anything in her that will make you to stick with her even when the love is no longer there?

Have you discussed family boundary with her
So that family members will not go beyond the agreed boundaries?

So I will suggest you
Discuss about Money, family boundaries, how to handle conflict, and any other thing you see is not working during your courtship

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by Kontrol97(m): 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
marriage is a scam bro

6 Likes

Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by aaking(m): 8:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
donbachi:

You are correct. Mine is fetching of water but now I have fixed borehole and done all plumbering work

8 Likes

Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
Omo me self go marry one day O
Which kind girl I wan settle down with O Lord help me
Well congrats bro

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by Karemarealty288(m): 11:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
Marriage is a stool of three legs...you, your wife and God. Never entertain third party.

Again get your friends to flog you with koboko for 4 hours...if you cry you are not man enough but if you don't cry then you are capable.. That's ancient Fulani's marriage rites of passage.

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by Lamanii22(f): 11:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kontrol97:
marriage is a scam bro

Do not discourage the OP please... If you wanna keep taking the redpill, take it alone, don't force it down another's throat...

7 Likes

Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by Okoroawusa: 11:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
Advise u when you don already see who to marry n she has agreed n u have set date?

Oya don't marry again

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by yyba: 12:25am On Apr 22, 2020
Lamanii22:

Do not discourage the OP please... If you wanna keep taking the redpill, take it alone, don't force it down another's throat...
shataap
Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by karnap(m): 8:56am On Apr 22, 2020
Sundrus:
Congrats in advice. Excuse me oo, I go like to know wetin make u decide to marry at this time, & why u choose ur partner
no better time for me to get married.
I choose her because of some of her inner quality, her beauty was a bonus to me.
her hardworking attitude in controlling my business affairs while am at work.
her care toward my parents
her faithfulness for keeping me as the one guy she wants to get married to...
and many others.

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by karnap(m): 8:57am On Apr 22, 2020
oloriooko:
I wonder why some people complain of their spouses when they knew what they were going into
thanks
I've known this already.
Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by karnap(m): 8:58am On Apr 22, 2020
aaking:
Congratulations bro. My advice for u,

Let God be the head in your marriage .

Don't be a dictator or commander .

Make sure you & ur wife come to conclusions about things in the home but not all d time.

Make sure you always come home on time even your Children will love u for that.

In every 3 to 6 month go out together find cool place to always Express ur love 2each other.

During the time of pregnancy cherish her cos there may be changes (fat,be a message grin grin , etc

Don't share your family issues to or with parents, pastor, counsellors, neighbours especially house u stay with landlords, even nairaland ,do resolve any arguments to agreement but if necessary share to a Spiritual one pastor or Iman.

Be a giver

From time to time do call your in-laws and visit ,make them your parents this make your wife to love and respect you more(pay homage grin i.e kola dem don't even let your wife know sometimes)

I love this ,thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by karnap(m): 9:00am On Apr 22, 2020
donbachi:
this is real,just so some wailers will starts talking, his wife is controlling him...
but I choose not to listen to them...thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by donbachi(m): 9:04am On Apr 22, 2020
karnap:

this is real,just so some wailers will starts talking, his wife is controlling him...
but I choose not to listen to them...thanks so much.
Check very well.any marriage peace dey..dem go sey the wife dey control am.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by karnap(m): 9:04am On Apr 22, 2020
Abovebest:
OP
How forgiving are you?
How Tolerable are you?
Let's start from the above
Marriage is not all about "I LOVE YOU"
Do you see anything in her that will make you to stick with her even when the love is no longer there?

Have you discussed family boundary with her
So that family members will not go beyond the agreed boundaries?

So I will suggest you
Discuss about Money, family boundaries, how to handle conflict, and any other thing you see is not working during your courtship
to be sincere my forgiving scale is on 90%
while the 10% to make me think of what to do and never to let something that have be forgiven happens again.
about tolerance, I have 80% on this one because I have a little hot temper which makes me feel like voicing out my emotion before I will calm down and this takes 20%
about money issues, I don't really get this part,I will love if you make it clearer, thanks .
Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by karnap(m): 9:05am On Apr 22, 2020
Kontrol97:
marriage is a scam bro
explained more sir
Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by karnap(m): 9:06am On Apr 22, 2020
aaking:

You are correct. Mine is fetching of water but now I have fixed borehole and done all plumbering work
Weldon sir.
nice to hear this.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by karnap(m): 9:07am On Apr 22, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Omo me self go marry one day O Which kind girl I wan settle down with O Lord help me Well congrats bro
God will provide your missing ribs. thanks .
Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by karnap(m): 9:09am On Apr 22, 2020
Karemarealty288:
Marriage is a stool of three legs...you, your wife and God. Never entertain third party.

Again get your friends to flog you with koboko for 4 hours...if you cry you are not man enough but if you don't cry then you are capable.. That's ancient Fulani's marriage rites of passage.
noted, but that's Asians days traditional,
what could say now for me ...
love the third party part. noted.
Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by karnap(m): 9:10am On Apr 22, 2020
Okoroawusa:
Advise u when you don already see who to marry n she has agreed n u have set date?

Oya don't marry again
I don't understand well sir.
Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by karnap(m): 9:12am On Apr 22, 2020
donbachi:
Check very well.any marriage peace dey..dem go sey the wife dey control am.
100% true.
Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:14am On Apr 22, 2020
you taken a bold step my brother...at 30yrs Jesus started his ministry so you are on the right track....make sure you are ready for this, have a heart to heart conversation with your wife and both of you should be sincere on this path you are about to take....
send me an invitation, I will gladly attend...lol 0.9.0.6.2.1.5.2.3.2.7
cheers!
Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by babyfaceafrica: 9:15am On Apr 22, 2020
karnap:

I don't understand well sir.
you already have a fiancee and you have already chosen a date?,.. Whatever we say won't make a difference.. Are you ready to cancel the wedding if we say so?.. Nope...so why the questions?
Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by aaking(m): 9:22am On Apr 22, 2020
karnap:

I love this ,thanks so much.

You are highly welcome bro. Another thing grin grin
Don't over spend for the wedding ooo. After Wedding na u and your wife remain others will go der home grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by Sundrus: 9:24am On Apr 22, 2020
karnap:

no better time for me to get married.
I choose her because of some of her inner quality, her beauty was a bonus to me.
her hardworking attitude in controlling my business affairs while am at work.
her care toward my parents
her faithfulness for keeping me as the one guy she wants to get married to...
and many others.
Nice one... Congrats once more.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by aaking(m): 9:27am On Apr 22, 2020
oloriooko:

My guy marriage is not about money is about wife understanding. My frd married when he only has 15k in his account but has a good handiwork today is a millionaire. Once u know use money start your relationship ,you are good to go
Re: I'm About To Get Married, Advise Me. by karnap(m): 5:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
aaking:

You are highly welcome bro. Another thing grin grin
Don't over spend for the wedding ooo. After Wedding na u and your wife remain others will go der home grin grin grin
lol this funny but so true...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video Of Son Describing The Sound He Hears From His Parent Room At Night Making / I Can’t Have 53x Without Smoking Weed-nigerian Lady Reveals / Women Can Be Funny Sometimes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.