Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians (47082 Views)

Sadiya Farouq: FG To Pay 24 Million Poor Nigerians N5,000 Each / Sadiya Farouq Marries Sadique Abubakar In Private Ceremony - Sahara Reporters / Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by hrpvl3: 8:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
The Federal Government is set to expand the social register for palliative distribution by employing digital models including the use of Bank Verification Number (BVN).
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management, Sadiya Farouq disclosed this on Tuesday in Abuja, while responding to questions at Presidential Task Force briefing on COVID-19.
She noted that this digital measure will be faster and make the distribution more effective.

“We are using other models including BVN to identify bank accounts. We are also using mobile phone networks to identify poor and vulnerable people in the society.
“This is going to be faster, transparent and give room for more accountability,” she said.
She added that the conditional cash transfer to poor households which is currently going on in some parts of the country is transparent and well organized.
According to the Minister, all measures have been put in place by the Federal Government to avoid duplication of households.
She also revealed that civil groups, traditional and religious leaders, among others are performing the role of identifying the poor in their communities thereby assisting the Federal Government in the distribution.
National leader of All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu had earlier urged the Federal Government to make cash payments to households through Bank Verification Numbers (BVN) as palliative.
Tinubu said the move would help cushion the effects of COVID-19 pandemic on Nigerians and noted that the government can make direct deposits into individual bank accounts using the BVN of prospective recipients
https://www.channelstv.com/2020/04/21/fg-will-use-bvn-to-identify-poor-vulnerable-humanitarian-affairs-minister/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by ThatFairGuy: 8:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
Okay

1 Like

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by othermen: 8:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
How many Nigerians do not know the meaning of BVN? Yet, they are reachable when their vote is needed during an election.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by merit455(m): 8:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
Myopic

10 Likes

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by DanseMacabre(m): 8:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
This is getting stale. sad

176 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 21, 2020
HMN DEM WAN PLAY ANOTHER SCAM AGAIN; BECAUSE THE LAST TIME I CHECKED WE ARE ALL VULNERABLE. WE ALL NEED IT. THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO BE FAIR FOR ONCE

189 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Abovebest(m): 8:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
Funny country..
Where the names compiled were done by partizan.
Names written were names of those loyal to the party
I am saying this from eye witness

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Pact: 8:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
We Don Hear
For those who are yet to register,the immigration recruitment has been extended by two weeks. Tell your children/wards, friends to go and register.
https://www.nairaland.com/5733310/nigeria-immigration-service-2020-recruitment/60#88554125
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by socialmediaman: 8:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
FG will.... meanwhile money has since been shared. As if they’re so dumb they didn’t know BVN was the best way to maintain a record of poor people in the first place

The person who organized this sham should be sacked and investigated!

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Ernezee(m): 8:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
How many weeks dem don dey yarn this mata Abeg make we hear word.. If dem con even start to share money now Na only the northerners dem go share am give bcoz Na only dem b the most vulnerable for this country
If by mistake I de dis country by 2023, I no go make the mistake wey I make for 2015

154 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Lipscomb(m): 8:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
Okay when the real poor occupy the aso rock then you will have sense.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by RealSolution001: 8:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
This whole thing has become stale. When will all these nonsense talk end? We have had enough of this woman making jest of us. Northerners have collected their own since but our own is one nonsense talk upon the other.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Faponmile(m): 8:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
Going to 5 years now all we hear from this government is "we will this...we will that..." Haha! How about giving us report in the present? Like...we have done xyz? Abeg, park well.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by ignis: 5:48am On Apr 22, 2020
The Government have been saying this for long.

Audio Government.

Always using future impossible terms since their campaign period to deceive gullible Nigerians.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by omoakoraye: 5:49am On Apr 22, 2020
How can that possible?
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Pandev(m): 5:49am On Apr 22, 2020
undecided

#breaking! Aunty Kemi don talk am say Kanu still dey alive. She announce am for her twitter now.
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Openbusiness: 5:49am On Apr 22, 2020
N
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Mightymanna(m): 5:49am On Apr 22, 2020
I don't know why this woman is at the centre stage of governance recently, every time sadiya sadiya sadiya sadiya.........

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by jy2kbeyond(m): 5:50am On Apr 22, 2020
Will...Shall

Nonsense

undecided undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Niccoloimhotep: 5:50am On Apr 22, 2020
Will use
Will do
Will look into
Will will will

Are you people mad?

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Tifesingz: 5:50am On Apr 22, 2020
How I found myself in this God forsaken country still baffles me cry cry cry

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by ramzylipi(m): 5:51am On Apr 22, 2020
After they don die finish, give people this small change on time and dont let them die. Haba, na wa o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by vicoloni(m): 5:51am On Apr 22, 2020
Audio
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Passionate888: 5:52am On Apr 22, 2020
Them want to start another season again o
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 5:52am On Apr 22, 2020
APC scammers...I hate their stupidity

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Kenmatt(m): 5:52am On Apr 22, 2020
Let me conserve my comment.

1 Like

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Isaacmacdon(m): 5:53am On Apr 22, 2020
Nigerians are beginning to wakeup to the kind of leaders being shoved down their throats.

What's more shocking?
The said leaders are trying their best to fix up its loose ends. But, when a child is tired of being maltreated, I suppose you know what he or she would do.

But, our only worry when it comes to selecting credible leaders are our brothers in the core North who don't really have a sense of choice.

They're being shoved front, right and centre.
My prayer is that enlightenment comes to every nook and corner of Nigeria.
We must demand for sustainable governance.

13 Likes

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Benwallt(m): 5:54am On Apr 22, 2020
Nobody cares?

3 Likes

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by bergs2: 5:55am On Apr 22, 2020
It's time to start avoiding threads with these captions: very misleading. Nigeria remains a joke in the comity of nations.
And when I look at what nations like Russia, UAE, Saudi Arabia, even African nations who are oil producing states are doing with their revenue, I begin to wonder whether Nigeria sells coconut oil.

42 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku Rejects Wike Stadium Offer / Unknown Gunmen Invade Schools In Ogbaru, Anambra Over Biafra Day / Peter Obi Supporters In Katsina(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.