Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians (47084 Views)

Sadiya Farouq: FG To Pay 24 Million Poor Nigerians N5,000 Each / Sadiya Farouq Marries Sadique Abubakar In Private Ceremony - Sahara Reporters / Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by AgabaIDu2: 8:34am On Apr 22, 2020
[s]
Corrinthians:
I criticise when need be and support when the need arises as well. I'm not like the typical hateful and spiteful pdp supporters who would hate and criticize NO MATTER WHAT. wink
[/s]
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Angelfrost(m): 8:36am On Apr 22, 2020
DanseMacabre:
This is getting stale. sad

Getting??! The white elephant has been stale for weeks now!!!

Government that merely talks and does nothing meaningful!!!
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by AgabaIDu2: 8:36am On Apr 22, 2020
[s]
Corrinthians:
An afterthought. They're simply trying to find a way to answer the question of how beneficiaries were sorted in the last disbursements.

That question remains a very valid question and they must provide an answer to it either now or someday in future.

[/s]
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Kayharry(m): 8:38am On Apr 22, 2020
They have been saying this since the beginning of this lockdown ,pay this money .fg this fg that the money no dey gree come .
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Laggafin: 8:41am On Apr 22, 2020
She's just wasted beauty That has turned to a political scammer.. What da Bleep
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Johnnyoungster(m): 8:42am On Apr 22, 2020
FG will do this, FG will do that....This is no country and one day it would crumble...let them eat the money and hope they don't die.
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Codeofice(m): 8:47am On Apr 22, 2020
Foolish bitch
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by ujluv(f): 8:56am On Apr 22, 2020
kikero:

Nigeria should do more

But those nations you mentioned

1.Russia is also an industrial nation, and earns billions from selling industrial products, and tourisim, and also sells most of its gas

2.UAE produces the same amount of oil Nigeria has, for a population of 11 million people. (And their economy is diversified to boot)

3.Saudi Arabia produces five times the amount of oil Nigeria produces for 12 million people.(And let's not even mention the billions it earns from hosting Islam's holiest site)

4.African oil producers for the most part...aren't doing much about palliatives. But a quick check....

Angola is Africa's second largest oil producer, and they have less than 40 million people

Algeria is also a large oil producer...for 37 million people.

And then there is Nigeria, an oil dependent nation, producing 2.4m barrels on a good day for 200 million people. Even without our leaders stealing the money, the revenue per person isn't much.(unless oil was selling at $139 per barrel)

Keep in mind I am not defending Buhari...but the truth is, Nigeria is not rich. We produce too little oil for a very large population. If we wanted to be like Saudi Arabia and UAE, we should probably tell 190million Nigerians that they are not Nigerians, and spend the oil revenue on the remaining 10 million.

Either we become an industrial nation, exporting industrial goods or else.

All this your analysis make no sense. If that our leaders both past and present has his people at heart we will not be where we are now. We are naturally rich than most developed, under, and developing countries. They make use of what they have and their people feel the impart. Example, Singapore go and read about them.

Please stop making excuses for our failed nation and their wicked leaders.
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by omabq(f): 9:03am On Apr 22, 2020
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 22, 2020
ujluv:

All this your analysis make no sense. If that our leaders both past and present has his people at heart we will not be where we are now. We are naturally rich than most developed, under, and developing countries. They make use of what they have and their people feel the impart. Example, Singapore go and read about them.

Please stop making excuses for our failed nation and their wicked leaders.

Where is saying Nigeria is poor making an excuse for our leaders?

Is it not a sign that our leaders have failed?

Is it not a sign that we should change tactics??

That's my ultimate point. Sorry you missed it.
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by vallyboi(m): 9:05am On Apr 22, 2020
So it's only the poor and vulnerable Nigerians that voted them in abi .... they think the rich doesn't need ...what about them that are rich ,,,collecting 30million per month but they keep embezzling our money ......they should just follow what their senior brothers did ....Each citizen entitled to the same amount ...man .woman . children...
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by highbee02: 9:09am On Apr 22, 2020
Abovebest:
Funny country..
Where the names compiled were done by partizan.
Names written were names of those loyal to the party
I am saying this from eye witness

Thanks

Involving traditional rulers will result to lopsidedness. Let me site an example, in YESSO, my community was given 35 slots, the traditional ruler just fixed the names of his wives, children, daughter in laws and other extended members of his family.

The man had already prepared a list, even before the arrival of the programme officials, they didn't hand pick the vulnerable/ the poorest of the poor in the community, they just worked with the list given to them.

I raised an alarm, I wrote a petition, addressed to the state coordinator and that's when I noticed that the YESSO officials (local & state) involved in the malpractice and my letters/ petitions were swept under the carpet.

So, I do not buy the idea of reaching the poor through the traditional or religious leaders. It's a scam
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by olumide4christ: 9:14am On Apr 22, 2020
Kemimarch16:
They must be mad,do they use this method in other countries before they started giving them money. I'm just tired of this country,can't wait to go to my dream country (Canada)
Well, in the US, only tax payers got the $1200
while small businesses who also pay tax are getting government stimulus.
So this method has been used in countries that we all look up to.
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Mrpojj(m): 9:16am On Apr 22, 2020
hrpvl3:

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/04/21/fg-will-use-bvn-to-identify-poor-vulnerable-humanitarian-affairs-minister/

Other countries are paying everyone but in Nigeria it's over our leaders dead body
You will here tyns like the poorest of the poor, vulnerable etc
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by fohiss: 9:19am On Apr 22, 2020
Please if I may ask how many equipment and facilities have this government build ... If all the money this thieves stole(looting) are been put into all this facilities or equipments I swear no one would have be complaining... Common Ghanian here atleast their government did something that all their citizens can testify to by paying 50 percent of their electrical bills ...but what have our government done .instead they keep splashing audio money, audio budget.. and all that ...no matter the population of Nigerians I still stand that Nigeria government have the capacity to feed the nation... A whole giant of Africa can't boost of anything good instead they keep looting and looting and looting... If I may ask how did dey come about poor people in Nigeria.. who gave dem d statistics.. well I just no that with time everything will be fine nothing last forever

kikero:

Look, if we were to give every Nigerian 50000 naira, we would have spent our entire budget within a month.

That's how serious the problem is.

All those donations, most of them are to help build facilities, and pay for equipment. They can't take care of 10 million Nigerians.

We are not a rich country. It's the harsh truth. I'm not defending this government, infact I wish Nigerian governments past and present purusured polices that would have helped us become more productive.
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by smileyoo: 9:19am On Apr 22, 2020
in a country like nigeria, with poverished citizens even before the lockdown, four weeks of total lockdown of their economic pursuits have already made most nigerians, poor and vulnerable, if they really want to be of help, they should help every nigerian, or else lift the lockdown for nigerians to fend for themselves.
after all govts have never been of help to nigerians.
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 22, 2020
Lipscomb:
Okay when the real poor occupy the aso rock then you will have sense.
I foresee that as well. Time will come that we will invade their houses to forcefully take their possessions
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Aadeyinka(m): 9:26am On Apr 22, 2020
hrpvl3:

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/04/21/fg-will-use-bvn-to-identify-poor-vulnerable-humanitarian-affairs-minister/
why delaying since, expert in telling stories ,no one interested in tales by moonlight again, pls act, the noise is too much
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by TruthinAction: 9:37am On Apr 22, 2020
Delay tactics. Over 80% of Nigerians are poor. Only about 5-10%are living in comfort. About 5% controls 95% of the nation's wealth. God will punish this wicked government for pretending not to know that they have made Nigeria the poverty headquarter of the world.
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:48am On Apr 22, 2020
Between this Sadiya of a woman. and Laid Mohammed, I don't know who is a better liar
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by chi4dunchido: 9:50am On Apr 22, 2020
The government is always quick in talking than taking actions on time. The question is simply who are the vulnerable. They are not people who only beg in the streets. Since the nation is locked down vulnerable people have increased, the people whose lively hood depends on day to day contact with people, such as the farmers, artisans, traders, micro businessmen, private school teachers, labourers, Manson etc are included the government should please look towards this area. Thank you.
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by FemolasticA: 9:51am On Apr 22, 2020
This is what we have being hearing from the past few weeks now. Action speak louder abeg!
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by maybet081: 9:55am On Apr 22, 2020
every time you read or watch the television the list of countries that have provided huge Finacial support to her citizens during this covid19 crisis keep increasing, but here in Nigeria all you hear about is inexistent appalletive, next is FG bvn, FG will , FG poor Nigeria, FG vulnerable Nigeria , but almost 30 days into the lockdown absolutely nothing .if there are statistics of hunvid19 or hunger the number of fatality over this time in nigeria will be in hundred .what do you think is this a failed state ? so sad
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by largeman4u(m): 9:56am On Apr 22, 2020
It is so sad that our Government cant give out money to Nigerians. They prefer inflated project to steal money.
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by olumide4christ: 10:10am On Apr 22, 2020
kikero:

Nigeria should do more

But those nations you mentioned

1.Russia is also an industrial nation, and earns billions from selling industrial products, and tourisim, and also sells most of its gas

2.UAE produces the same amount of oil Nigeria has, for a population of 11 million people. (And their economy is diversified to boot)

3.Saudi Arabia produces five times the amount of oil Nigeria produces for 12 million people.(And let's not even mention the billions it earns from hosting Islam's holiest site)

4.African oil producers for the most part...aren't doing much about palliatives. But a quick check....

Angola is Africa's second largest oil producer, and they have less than 40 million people

Algeria is also a large oil producer...for 37 million people.

And then there is Nigeria, an oil dependent nation, producing 2.4m barrels on a good day for 200 million people. Even without our leaders stealing the money, the revenue per person isn't much.(unless oil was selling at $139 per barrel)

Keep in mind I am not defending Buhari...but the truth is, Nigeria is not rich. We produce too little oil for a very large population. If we wanted to be like Saudi Arabia and UAE, we should probably tell 190million Nigerians that they are not Nigerians, and spend the oil revenue on the remaining 10 million.

Either we become an industrial nation, exporting industrial goods or else.

Honestly, you are very right about the comparison of our income Versus population. We're just too many people in 1 small country.
I wish a miracle would just happen that all the people in our country who want to check out of the country would receive their heart wishes. At least when they move to Canada, US & all the other places they want to run to, our population here will reduce drastically, Lagos will be decongested, there will be more resources to go round us who are left & who have decided to remain here no matter what, and we can rebuild from there.
I just wish...God please do this!
People don't know that what's working for many developed and developing countries is their small population vis-a-vis their resources. Why is Canada admitting immigrants now? They have a very small indigenous population with a lot of resources and they are the 2nd largest country in the world. Someone was boasting on a thread yesterday that he received N626k from Canadian govt...he is not coming back home. He doesn't know that if Canada had a population of just 100 million, they will not be able to pay N626k to him. Thus by the time all the Nigerians that want to go to Canada get there, Canada will definitely reduce the money they pay to each person. Its simple Economics which a larger proportion of people on Nairaland have no clue about.
Conversely, countries with large population will always have very poor people though they may have abundant resources. As advanced as India is, they have a large number of very poor people and so many slums.

2 Likes

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Lifesnatcher(m): 10:38am On Apr 22, 2020
wait ooo...

What about those people who doesn't have a bank account, so can't they also receive the money, you know here in nigeria not everyone has bank account talkless of bvn.
What are there plans and what what did they actually want people to do, abi to die of hunger.

OK
What about those papas and mama's who doesn't know anything about banking and they are here talking about bvn, if them like let them share the money through bvn, am still going to get the money because i have my bvn with me.shocked shocked
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Akmike1983: 10:45am On Apr 22, 2020
Just free us from the lockdown, hold ur money
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by guru90: 10:50am On Apr 22, 2020
olumide4christ:

Well, in the US, only tax payers got the $1200
while small businesses who also pay tax are getting government stimulus.
So this method has been used in countries that we all look up to.

Brother.... But They Received something...... But Nig are still under planning to pay us.............................
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians by Harunabisanti(m): 10:55am On Apr 22, 2020
Enough is enough, if you want to give, please give and if not ready hold your cash

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Invade Schools In Ogbaru, Anambra Over Biafra Day / EFCC Arrests Saraki Again Over Theft & Money Laundering Allegations / Peter Obi Supporters In Katsina(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.