Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) (8356 Views)

+18: Why Did She Remove Her Bra? Now She's Náked [Pic] / Bbnaija: Dorathy Full Breast Comes Out From Her Bra While She Was Asleep (video) / Men Touch A Curvy Lady Big Boos Untop A Bike She Remove Her Bra Instead Of Shout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
In an interview with Bored Panda, Betsy revealed that she contacted a local wildlife rescue organization since she didn’t have an incubator but learned they didn’t take eggs.

She thought of the next best warm place to keep it and opted for her bra, close to her chest. A quick search online proved that she had chosen the right spot as the eggs basically require warmth and humidity. She also read that she had to rotate it a few times a day.

“My boobs sweat in heat (gross I know),” Betsy said. “I carried it in my bra for 35 days and slept with it there as well. I’m a plus size girl so it just kinda fit right between my breasts.”

She said for the 35 days, the only time the egg wasn’t with her was when she showered as she handed it to her husband for a few minutes. She figured that if mother ducks left the nest every once in a while to get food, her egg would survive too.

The embryo inside the egg began to grow and Besty had to do more internet research on what to do when a duckling is hatching. She learned that it needed much more humidity and that she had to stop rotating it. Her bra wouldn’t do anymore, so she started a hatching box herself.

“At 35 days, I started hearing faint peeps which the internet said was called pipping and its beak was pushing out of the lining,” the woman said.

It wasn’t as smooth as one would think because A day after putting the duck egg in the hatching box, she noticed that something was wrong and called a vet.

It turned out that the duckling inside was being” shrink-wrapped in the membrane” and she had to peel away the shell and make sure the bird’s beak was where it could breathe.

The little duck eventually got out of the egg, but it was still attached to the yolk on the bottom, which, she was told, was because he had hatched a bit early. She later learned on Reddit that it was either because the incubation temperature was too low, or because the temperature wasn’t stable.

“I got a wet paper towel and wrapped it around the shell with the yolk and put Neosporin on it so it wouldn’t get infected. Maybe not the best idea but I was scared,” Betsy said.

Even after the duckling absorbed the yolk, it was too weak to stand, or even move, for a couple of days, but its human mom didn’t give up on it, keeping an eye on it and giving it water from time to time. He (it turned out to be a male) eventually built up the strength to walk and Betsy built him a special carrier and took him everywhere with her.

When the duckling was old enough, Betsy called one of her connections at the animal rescue and found him a home at a nearby farm where a young girl couldn’t wait to meet him.

“He is doing well and has a new human girl who loves him,” Betsy said.
Source: https://guardian.ng/life/woman-hatches-duck-egg-by-carrying-it-in-her-bra-for-over-a-month/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by Realadey(m): 9:31pm On Apr 21, 2020
What a wow! She saved the little duck

11 Likes

Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by flejnr2(f): 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2020
Duchess

4 Likes

Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by mimimile93: 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2020
Wonders shall never end

2 Likes

Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by Ningen(m): 9:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
Find a woman who'll care for you like Betsy!

PS -- Don't waste your time searching in Nigeria.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by Kalashnikov102(m): 9:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
If na here Mr. Okoro go don dey plan how e go fry am chop

5 Likes

Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by zionmde: 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
wow. wat a brilliant caring woman. think of how she will now nurture her own kids

4 Likes

Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by PrinzCarter(m): 10:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
i came to see d place she placed it nd deres no pic dis is fraud oooo...
Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by Mstick: 10:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
You're right, if it was a Nigerian guy they would be thinking of how to use the duck for money ritual or how to defraud people online with their pity story of how they're trying to hatch a duck egg, any way when will they have the time to care for an animal when they are busy butchering themselves all in the name of cultism.

Ningen:
Find a woman who'll care for you like Betsy!

PS -- Don't waste your time searching in Nigeria.
Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by Cladez(m): 10:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
Before clicking i knew it was an oyinbo grin

Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by daddytime(m): 10:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
Beautiful...
Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by IamPlato(m): 10:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
I Still Do Not Understand How Whites See Animals As friends but Nigerians See Animals As Pot Of pepper Soup
Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by cassyrooy(m): 10:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
Some things will never be understood in it entirety. The system failure not to have what the egg needed was not her excuse, she went round the norm and everything else is history.

Ingenious idea! Superbly executed.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by Imperare(f): 11:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
Should I believe this story or not
Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by naijaloan: 11:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
So Amazing!
If na Naija, dem for don use am for do Sunday stew...

Lalasticlala leave "The mask of zorro movie" and cum fast!

1 Share

Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by drips8(m): 11:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
Now that's something you don't see everyday
Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by ValCon888: 3:38am On Apr 22, 2020
The heat from her breast can even fry the egg.
Luckily, the duck came out alive.
Lord be praised.
Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by ValCon888: 3:40am On Apr 22, 2020
The heat from her breast can even fry the egg.
Luckily, the duck came out alive.
What a nightmare it must have had in that sweaty oven.
Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by DIKEnaWAR: 5:06am On Apr 22, 2020
You see the care and attention she gave to a duck? That shows she is in a country where people place value on lives. Any and all lives matter.

Meanwhile, Buhari no even send his sai baba boys. They are like useless eggshells to him. He matches and sweep them away.

1 Like

Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by Fheelzz(m): 6:42am On Apr 22, 2020
I see this making fp
Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 22, 2020
Macsjebs:
Source: https://guardian.ng/life/woman-hatches-duck-egg-by-carrying-it-in-her-bra-for-over-a-month/

sad

Lady, I tried to stop myself from saying this... but I couldn't help it.

You must be craaaaaaaaaaaaaasszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

sad
Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by Ayomarcel(m): 7:08am On Apr 22, 2020
Is this supposed to sound cute?
Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by eruchboy(m): 7:11am On Apr 22, 2020
& so
Only the whites have time for this

Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by Randy100: 7:39am On Apr 22, 2020
Oyibo and stupidity in the name of Animal caring.
Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by Gadafii: 7:47am On Apr 22, 2020
Randy100:
Oyibo and stupidity in the name of Animal caring.
they are not hungry savages like u that kill anything to eat,snakes, whales,rhino,hippo, etc u people kill it with glee just to satisfy ur hunger for two days..I am sure u would have fried that duck egg with #100 brown bread or boil it and cook 1 and half cup of local rice...shame

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by DriggityDre: 7:48am On Apr 22, 2020
IamPlato:
I Still Do Not Understand How Whites See Animals As friends but Nigerians See Animals As Pot Of pepper Soup
Why do you capitalize the beginning of every word?
That is grammatical murder lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by IamPlato(m): 8:08am On Apr 22, 2020
DriggityDre:
Why do you capitalize the beginning of every word? That is grammatical murder lipsrsealed
Its The Phone Not Me
Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by DriggityDre: 8:12am On Apr 22, 2020
IamPlato:
Its The Phone Not Me
Very weird. It's only button phones that does that. What's the brand and country it was produced in?

1 Like

Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by IamPlato(m): 8:19am On Apr 22, 2020
DriggityDre:

Very weird. It's only button phones that does that. What's the brand and country it was produced in?
na Button Phone Na tecno
Re: Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Carrying It In Her Bra For Over A Month (Photos) by Randy100: 8:24am On Apr 22, 2020
Gadafii:
they are not hungry savages like u that kill anything to eat,snakes, whales,rhino,hippo, etc u people kill it with glee just to satisfy ur hunger for two days..I am sure u would have fried that duck egg with #100 brown bread or boil it and cook 1 and half cup of local rice...shame
Animals are food. They are proteinous. Yes, you are right, I will boil it and cook it with two cups of local rice not 1 and half cup. Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Can Interprete This Picture Very Well / What Will You Do If Your Sister Is Posting These Kinda videos On Facebook / Help! People Think My Gf Is Ugly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.